+ Reply to Thread
Page 435 of 562 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485535 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    As a kid, I remember watching Barry Sanders in that remarkable 1988 season where he won the Heisman. In particular I remember that Bowl game where he had 5 TDs. I think I will remember last nights performance by Barner with a similar amount of awe. It was remarkable.

I also think Oregon has a future Heisman guy in Markus Mariota, provided he can avoid injury. That is 1 cool customer for a redshirt freshman.
    you must really be in awe of Doug Martins performance then, seeing how it was against a NFL team, and without there star G Carl Nicks.. Now do u see why i was so high on Martin??? Dude is the complete package!!!! THe bucs totally got us on that one, and kudos to there GM and war room for realizing we were probably thinking RB... I tell ya what, i actually hope that reese did have martin pegged as our pick, because if he didn't, it was bad GM'ing, becasue the dudes incredible! Speed, strength, burst, hands...etc That dude is utterly insane!

I raved about that guy for months before the draft, and even i coulden't see him becoming this studly so fast! WOW!

This weekend belonged to Kenjon Barner and Doug Martin.. Seriously, i don't remember seeing 2backs do what they did on the big stage(not talking some weak pathetic college team giving up a ridiculous game) in quite some time..

Barner- 38carry 321yrd 5td 2catch 26yrd

D.Martin- 25carry 251yrd 4td 4catch 21yrd Freaking insane!!!! Martin did that coming off a 29carry 135yrd 1td 3catch 79yrd 1td game!!

Complete package! It makes me sick we were so close to getting doug martin! Could u imagine having that guy in our backfield with Cruz and Nicks on the outside? I am in awe of that guy! Seriously, i compared to Ray Rice and MJD , but this kid is doing things that make them look a step below.. I told everyone that Martin was the type of back that was gonna handle a full workload and could break big runs just as good as anyone regardless of the speed.. Another words, he had enough speed where if he got into the open he simply wasen't getting caught... To go with that strong build, hands...etc

I'm sorry, i just get really excited when guys do stuff like Barner and Martin.. And coming on a weekend when the giants lost a game they should of won, i need something!!!lol

Veteran
    man I wish we had an exciting running game....

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    you must really be in awe of Doug Martins performance then, seeing how it was against a NFL team, and without there star G Carl Nicks.. Now do u see why i was so high on Martin??? Dude is the complete package!!!! THe bucs totally got us on that one, and kudos to there GM and war room for realizing we were probably thinking RB... I tell ya what, i actually hope that reese did have martin pegged as our pick, because if he didn't, it was bad GM'ing, becasue the dudes incredible! Speed, strength, burst, hands...etc That dude is utterly insane!

I raved about that guy for months before the draft, and even i coulden't see him becoming this studly so fast! WOW!
    I think you are confusing me with someone who didnt like Martin. I have said all along I liked him too and thought that this RB class was going to be remembered when all is said and done. I just dont think there is a nearly the gap in talent difference between a guy like Martin and Wilson(and a few others too) to warrant the trade up they did. Wilson is after all a longer term play being almost 3 years younger than Martin.

I just didnt think the value differences people were assigning between the RBs(other that TR who was clearly the #1) was very accurate. I still think that holds true. Martin was the most NFL ready for sure, but he is also a lot older than some of the other guys. Martin also went to a team with an offense that needs a primary guy.

Martin has also yet to perform vs a good defense. He has had some very good games vs some very bad defenses tho, that is for sure.

Call me crazy but i sill think down the road guys like Lamar Miller , Wilson and even Lamichael James will become good players to go with the Martins, Richardsons and Alfred Morrises who are already lighting it up. They just havent gotten their chances yet.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-05-2012 at 09:54 PM.

you must really be in awe of Doug Martins performance then, seeing how it was against a NFL team, and without there star G Carl Nicks..
    I was really talking college football. I think the reason why I will remember Barner's performance is because it was against USC. Sure, USC isnt the team people thought in preseason, but it was certainly still a talented team(though I maintain Lane Kiffin is a idiot.)

I also think , not to take anything away from barner, that Oregon's offense is a marvel to watch. I love me some defense, but if I could choose to watch any offense week in and week out for a lifetime, it would be a Chip Kelly offense.

I was really talking college football. I think the reason why I will remember Barner's performance is because it was against USC. Sure, USC isnt the team people thought in preseason, but it was certainly still a talented team(though I maintain Lane Kiffin is a idiot.)

I also think , not to take anything away from barner, that Oregon's offense is a marvel to watch. I love me some defense, but if I could choose to watch any offense week in and week out for a lifetime, it would be a Chip Kelly offense.
    chip kelly is a offensive genius.. Still, barners performance was sensational.. It was amazing to watch 2 running performances of that caliber in the same weekend(all though i didn't watch closely doug martins because giants were on, they were on a couple tv's at the bar i was at)..

I think you are confusing me with someone who didnt like Martin. I have said all along I liked him too and thought that this RB class was going to be remembered when all is said and done. I just dont think there is a nearly the gap in talent difference between a guy like Martin and Wilson(and a few others too) to warrant the trade up they did. Wilson is after all a longer term play being almost 3 years younger than Martin.

I just didnt think the value differences people were assigning between the RBs(other that TR who was clearly the #1) was very accurate. I still think that holds true. Martin was the most NFL ready for sure, but he is also a lot older than some of the other guys. Martin also went to a team with an offense that needs a primary guy.

Martin has also yet to perform vs a good defense. He has had some very good games vs some very bad defenses tho, that is for sure.

Call me crazy but i sill think down the road guys like Lamar Miller , Wilson and even Lamichael James will become good players to go with the Martins, Richardsons and Alfred Morrises who are already lighting it up. They just havent gotten their chances yet.
    I agree, but Martin did take his chance by the horns, and did have Legarette Blount there.. I'm not saying it was barry sanders in front of em, but it certainly was someone whos fairly young and rushed for 1000yrds all ready.. Not to mention, kinda shows u what kinda back Martin is, when Legarette coulden't do nothing compared to what we've seen with Doug Martin up to this point, even without Carl Nicks..

I'm with you, on the fact the RB class was awesome, as i said the same thing over and over, but Doug Martin in my opinon, was clearly the number 2 guy in that class, and u simply can't keep talent like that on the bench, as it just shows through during practice or in pre season or in games before long.. Its why guys like AP, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Ray Rice, MJD, thurman thomas, and now Doug Martin all had big success either in YR 1 or YR 2.. It certainly started in YR 1 for all of em though.. None of em had any total measly numbers in there first yr by any stretch.. Doug Martin will certainly have probably the best stats outta anyone of em after there first yr though, thats for sure.. Obviously, hes got a long way to go, but that speaks some volume.. Not to mention hes doing it on a team who needed to fire there coach after last yr and had a measly offense before he came along..

Shoot, without Doug Martin, those guys aren't winning cr-ap for games at this point.. Hes helping Josh Freeman out so much its not even funny!

I freaking love em!!!lol I sure wish he was balling on our team!

Time for the WEEKLY Mock.. Unfortunetly we lost this past week, in a game we certainly should of won.. Either way our Run defense was grossly bad and we need to get a stud at LB in my opinion in the first few rds.. I got us picking 29th after the loss.. Anyways, here we go..

RD1.. Eric Reid S L.S.U- KP will probably be gone,a nd we just don't know how long Brown can keep up his great play, and even if he does, depth is a issue. Reid is a enforcer out there with sky is the limit potential.. I think if hes on the board this late, hes well worth the risk..

RD2.. Michael Mauti ILB Penn St- One of my fave players in the country, the kid would fit our defense like a glove, and plays with a tenacity on defense and never takes plays off.. Herzlich was a liability this past week, and outside of splash plays, Blackburn has also been a liability of sorts.. We need a young stud at ILB for the future..

RD3.. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Not super heavy by any stretch, Jordan Hill can rush the passer and make plays behind the line.. He seems like a perfect fit side by side with Linval Joseph.. I really like the Penn st defense this yr, and Mauti and Hill kinda lead the group.. So i don't mind double dipping from there in RDs 2and3..

RD4.. Brian Winters OT Kent St- Kinda under the radar T prospect from small school Kent St.. Reminds me of T.J Lang from a few yrs ago.. Winters could give Brewer nice comp going forward for RT positon and maybe eventually take over for Snee when the time comes at G..

RD5.. Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- I spoke about him in last weeks mock.. I like his upside and pass catching ability. I think he could become a nice safety valve for ELI and possibly a future starter for us.. Could use a few more lb's, but has the frame for it, i believe..

RD6.. Knile Davis RB Arkansas- Simply a value pick.. Dude was perdicted to go in RD 1 as of last yr, and injury occured and hasen't performed as expected this yr, and stock has plummeted.. If hes on the board this late, i could see Reese rolling the dice on the burly RB.. He'd complement David Wilson and Andre Brown nicely going forward, and if were to lose Andre Brown, Wilson and Davis could form a nice duo going forward.. Either way, another RD isn't a bad idea, if the value is there.

RD7... Braxston Cave C N.Dame- This kid is a qualtiy center.. Notre Dame is running the ball fantastically this season and Cave is one reason why.. Hes got a solid NFL frame and if we think Baas is to pricey to keep going forward, we could add a c to challenge Cordle down the line..

Time for the WEEKLY Mock.. Unfortunetly we lost this past week, in a game we certainly should of won.. Either way our Run defense was grossly bad and we need to get a stud at LB in my opinion in the first few rds.. I got us picking 29th after the loss.. Anyways, here we go..

RD1.. Eric Reid S L.S.U- KP will probably be gone,a nd we just don't know how long Brown can keep up his great play, and even if he does, depth is a issue. Reid is a enforcer out there with sky is the limit potential.. I think if hes on the board this late, hes well worth the risk..

RD2.. Michael Mauti ILB Penn St- One of my fave players in the country, the kid would fit our defense like a glove, and plays with a tenacity on defense and never takes plays off.. Herzlich was a liability this past week, and outside of splash plays, Blackburn has also been a liability of sorts.. We need a young stud at ILB for the future..

RD3.. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Not super heavy by any stretch, Jordan Hill can rush the passer and make plays behind the line.. He seems like a perfect fit side by side with Linval Joseph.. I really like the Penn st defense this yr, and Mauti and Hill kinda lead the group.. So i don't mind double dipping from there in RDs 2and3..

RD4.. Brian Winters OT Kent St- Kinda under the radar T prospect from small school Kent St.. Reminds me of T.J Lang from a few yrs ago.. Winters could give Brewer nice comp going forward for RT positon and maybe eventually take over for Snee when the time comes at G..

RD5.. Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- I spoke about him in last weeks mock.. I like his upside and pass catching ability. I think he could become a nice safety valve for ELI and possibly a future starter for us.. Could use a few more lb's, but has the frame for it, i believe..

RD6.. Knile Davis RB Arkansas- Simply a value pick.. Dude was perdicted to go in RD 1 as of last yr, and injury occured and hasen't performed as expected this yr, and stock has plummeted.. If hes on the board this late, i could see Reese rolling the dice on the burly RB.. He'd complement David Wilson and Andre Brown nicely going forward, and if were to lose Andre Brown, Wilson and Davis could form a nice duo going forward.. Either way, another RD isn't a bad idea, if the value is there.

RD7... Braxston Cave C N.Dame- This kid is a qualtiy center.. Notre Dame is running the ball fantastically this season and Cave is one reason why.. Hes got a solid NFL frame and if we think Baas is to pricey to keep going forward, we could add a c to challenge Cordle down the line..
    Im not really with you on this 1. Not so much because of the players, who are all decent players in their own right, but because of the need side of the equation. I do think Safety is a question mark, but the emergence of Brown and Hill lessen the need. Between those 2 players I do think we have a capable replacement for KP. I still think we need passrushers and a corner and perhaps a MLB on the defensive side and Olinemen on the offensive side. I would like to see us address these holes.

I am not yet sold on Mauti either. I think he is a very good college player but am not sold yet on his game translating to the NFL. This is a guy who has had 2 ACL surgeries and while I think he is plenty insinctive, I want to see him move around and make plays vs a good team.

I do like the later half of your picks though.

Veteran
    I just find it funny that fan's believe everything that Reese tells them. They don't bother to look at the college games, watch a couple of highlights with music. Nothing against Wilson, but to say he was number one on the giants board over martin is just stupid.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

+ Reply to Thread