+ Reply to Thread
Page 436 of 562 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486536 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Time for the WEEKLY Mock.. Unfortunetly we lost this past week, in a game we certainly should of won.. Either way our Run defense was grossly bad and we need to get a stud at LB in my opinion in the first few rds.. I got us picking 29th after the loss.. Anyways, here we go..

RD1.. Eric Reid S L.S.U- KP will probably be gone,a nd we just don't know how long Brown can keep up his great play, and even if he does, depth is a issue. Reid is a enforcer out there with sky is the limit potential.. I think if hes on the board this late, hes well worth the risk..

RD2.. Michael Mauti ILB Penn St- One of my fave players in the country, the kid would fit our defense like a glove, and plays with a tenacity on defense and never takes plays off.. Herzlich was a liability this past week, and outside of splash plays, Blackburn has also been a liability of sorts.. We need a young stud at ILB for the future..

RD3.. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Not super heavy by any stretch, Jordan Hill can rush the passer and make plays behind the line.. He seems like a perfect fit side by side with Linval Joseph.. I really like the Penn st defense this yr, and Mauti and Hill kinda lead the group.. So i don't mind double dipping from there in RDs 2and3..

RD4.. Brian Winters OT Kent St- Kinda under the radar T prospect from small school Kent St.. Reminds me of T.J Lang from a few yrs ago.. Winters could give Brewer nice comp going forward for RT positon and maybe eventually take over for Snee when the time comes at G..

RD5.. Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- I spoke about him in last weeks mock.. I like his upside and pass catching ability. I think he could become a nice safety valve for ELI and possibly a future starter for us.. Could use a few more lb's, but has the frame for it, i believe..

RD6.. Knile Davis RB Arkansas- Simply a value pick.. Dude was perdicted to go in RD 1 as of last yr, and injury occured and hasen't performed as expected this yr, and stock has plummeted.. If hes on the board this late, i could see Reese rolling the dice on the burly RB.. He'd complement David Wilson and Andre Brown nicely going forward, and if were to lose Andre Brown, Wilson and Davis could form a nice duo going forward.. Either way, another RD isn't a bad idea, if the value is there.

RD7... Braxston Cave C N.Dame- This kid is a qualtiy center.. Notre Dame is running the ball fantastically this season and Cave is one reason why.. Hes got a solid NFL frame and if we think Baas is to pricey to keep going forward, we could add a c to challenge Cordle down the line..
    Depending on where we pick. I would like

1st - Manti T'eo or Kevin Minter
    2nd - Tharold Simon

Still working on 3-5 rounds. subject to change, leaning towards OL from 3-4 then DT 5th
    Would like to bring in Tyrann Mathieu as a UDFA tryout and based on if the coaches can get this kid on the right track sign him to a low risk deal. Too much raw talent, just too much.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I just find it funny that fan's believe everything that Reese tells them. They don't bother to look at the college games, watch a couple of highlights with music. Nothing against Wilson, but to say he was number one on the giants board over martin is just stupid.
    I still believe him, or I understand his logic. Again, you cannot discount the age difference in these 2 players. Its almost 3 years. Furthemore, I doubt any person on these board saw Wilson play more in college than I did, and I completely understand why he was rated so high by Reese. I also understand why Martin was rated so high by Tampa. fact is, they are both going to be good.

3 years ago, Doug Martin was actually smaller than Wilson is right now. That's how much those 3 years matter just in physical stature, not to mention maturity. Martin was clearly the better pick for today, but what about tomorrow?

When Wilson is coming to the end of his rookie contract, he will be about the same age as Martin is now. There is just way too much football left to be played to answer definitively.

Furthermore, Martin went to a team that plays rookie RBs. Wilson did not.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-06-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Depending on where we pick. I would like

1st - Manti T'eo or Kevin Minter
    2nd - Tharold Simon

Still working on 3-5 rounds. subject to change, leaning towards OL from 3-4 then DT 5th
    Would like to bring in Tyrann Mathieu as a UDFA tryout and based on if the coaches can get this kid on the right track sign him to a low risk deal. Too much raw talent, just too much.
    We will have to stay on the suck train to have a chance to draft T'eo. His stock is soaring, especially for 3-4 teams.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    We will have to stay on the suck train to have a chance to draft T'eo. His stock is soaring, especially for 3-4 teams.
    Kevin Minter would not be that much far off. Either of the two would work for me T'eo wold be my first choice though. I agree which is why i said depending on where we draft, I can see T'eo dropping no farther than 15, then again we can have a Prince scenario again.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran
    I still believe him, or I understand his logic. Again, you cannot discount the age difference in these 2 players. Its almost 3 years. Furthemore, I doubt any person on these board saw Wilson play more in college than I did, and I completely understand why he was rated so high by Reese. I also understand why Martin was rated so high by Tampa. fact is, they are both going to be good.

3 years ago, Doug Martin was actually smaller than Wilson is right now. That's how much those 3 years matter just in physical stature, not to mention maturity. Martin was clearly the better pick for today, but what about tomorrow?

When Wilson is coming to the end of his rookie contract, he will be about the same age as Martin is now. There is just way too much football left to be played to answer definitively.

Maybe I am just being bias but I rated Martin higher than any of the RB's last year. I did not put age into a factor, he was the most day one pro ready Back, and the fact that he could block out of the back field, I thought that was enough to rate him higher than Wilson who had fumble issues in college.

I also believed that Fleener was high on our boards, but due to Tampa's move it made us re assess our order.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran

Maybe I am just being bias but I rated Martin higher than any of the RB's last year. I did not put age into a factor, he was the most day one pro ready Back, and the fact that he could block out of the back field, I thought that was enough to rate him higher than Wilson who had fumble issues in college.

I also believed that Fleener was high on our boards, but due to Tampa's move it made us re assess our order.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

I certainly see why many had Martin over wilson, but I also understand why some had it the other way around.

I do not agree on Fleener.I think we have fought this war before though. I think he was a decent prospect but I think there are 2 or 3 TEs coming out this year that are better NFL prospects. Including Ertz, his former teamates. As I said on draft day i thought Dwayne Allen was every bit as good a prospect as Fleener, and I didnt think either deserved a 1st round grade. I think so far this year, that is holding true as Allen has now passed Fleener on the Colts depth chart playing 79% of the offensive snaps, compared to just 49% for Fleener.

I just find it funny that fan's believe everything that Reese tells them. They don't bother to look at the college games, watch a couple of highlights with music. Nothing against Wilson, but to say he was number one on the giants board over martin is just stupid.
    i coulden't agree more.. I've stood pat in my thinking the same thing, and am on record saying this over and over since the draft.. I 100pct think Doug Martin would of been a giant had he been on the board when we picked, and thats of course with David Wilson still being there as well..

Kevin Minter would not be that much far off. Either of the two would work for me T'eo wold be my first choice though. I agree which is why i said depending on where we draft, I can see T'eo dropping no farther than 15, then again we can have a Prince scenario again.
    I'm also a big Kevin Minter fan as well. I do a weekly mock, and hes been in my mocks a few times, with rave reviews.. I want enforcers out there, and guys who like to make big game changing hits, and play with a reckless abandon, and Minter fits that mold in my opinion.. I love Minter, Mauti, Te'o at the MLB positon, much more then i do Kevin Red**** or Nico Johnson.. I think Arthur Brown is to slender for the MLB positon in the pros, and will move to the WLB positon...

Nah man, i here ya.. I had Martin as a 1st rder when he was still rated late 2nd/3rd on most peoples boards.. I knew he was gonna fly up draft boards, and i had em as the 2nd best RB months before the draft.. Whitney Mercilus and Doug Martin were my dream picks for us, in a perfect world.. They were the 2 that i wanted more then anyone else.. I thought David WIlson was more of a 2nd rd pick, and i really was bummed we didn't pick CORDY GLENN when our pick was up and Doug Martin was off the board.. Of course none of this is hindsight, as i said it before the Wilson pick..

I honestly believe Tampa knew we were gonna go Doug Martin, and thats wy they moved ahead of us.. I'd find Reese to be utterly stupid if he came out and said " Tampa got us for sure, and we would of taken martin all day long!"...LOL What else was he gonna say?

+ Reply to Thread