Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
Time for the WEEKLY Mock.. Unfortunetly we lost this past week, in a game we certainly should of won.. Either way our Run defense was grossly bad and we need to get a stud at LB in my opinion in the first few rds.. I got us picking 29th after the loss.. Anyways, here we go..

RD1.. Eric Reid S L.S.U- KP will probably be gone,a nd we just don't know how long Brown can keep up his great play, and even if he does, depth is a issue. Reid is a enforcer out there with sky is the limit potential.. I think if hes on the board this late, hes well worth the risk..

RD2.. Michael Mauti ILB Penn St- One of my fave players in the country, the kid would fit our defense like a glove, and plays with a tenacity on defense and never takes plays off.. Herzlich was a liability this past week, and outside of splash plays, Blackburn has also been a liability of sorts.. We need a young stud at ILB for the future..

RD3.. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Not super heavy by any stretch, Jordan Hill can rush the passer and make plays behind the line.. He seems like a perfect fit side by side with Linval Joseph.. I really like the Penn st defense this yr, and Mauti and Hill kinda lead the group.. So i don't mind double dipping from there in RDs 2and3..

RD4.. Brian Winters OT Kent St- Kinda under the radar T prospect from small school Kent St.. Reminds me of T.J Lang from a few yrs ago.. Winters could give Brewer nice comp going forward for RT positon and maybe eventually take over for Snee when the time comes at G..

RD5.. Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- I spoke about him in last weeks mock.. I like his upside and pass catching ability. I think he could become a nice safety valve for ELI and possibly a future starter for us.. Could use a few more lb's, but has the frame for it, i believe..

RD6.. Knile Davis RB Arkansas- Simply a value pick.. Dude was perdicted to go in RD 1 as of last yr, and injury occured and hasen't performed as expected this yr, and stock has plummeted.. If hes on the board this late, i could see Reese rolling the dice on the burly RB.. He'd complement David Wilson and Andre Brown nicely going forward, and if were to lose Andre Brown, Wilson and Davis could form a nice duo going forward.. Either way, another RD isn't a bad idea, if the value is there.

RD7... Braxston Cave C N.Dame- This kid is a qualtiy center.. Notre Dame is running the ball fantastically this season and Cave is one reason why.. Hes got a solid NFL frame and if we think Baas is to pricey to keep going forward, we could add a c to challenge Cordle down the line..
Depending on where we pick. I would like

1st - Manti T'eo or Kevin Minter
2nd - Tharold Simon

Still working on 3-5 rounds. subject to change, leaning towards OL from 3-4 then DT 5th
Would like to bring in Tyrann Mathieu as a UDFA tryout and based on if the coaches can get this kid on the right track sign him to a low risk deal. Too much raw talent, just too much.