+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 562 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Hope all are doing well just got power back, still no internet

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I certainly see why many had Martin over wilson, but I also understand why some had it the other way around.

I do not agree on Fleener.I think we have fought this war before though. I think he was a decent prospect but I think there are 2 or 3 TEs coming out this year that are better NFL prospects. Including Ertz, his former teamates. As I said on draft day i thought Dwayne Allen was every bit as good a prospect as Fleener, and I didnt think either deserved a 1st round grade. I think so far this year, that is holding true as Allen has now passed Fleener on the Colts depth chart playing 79% of the offensive snaps, compared to just 49% for Fleener.
    Ya, remember how peeved i was when we didn't take Dwayne Allen in RD 2?? I was making jokes about it saying " the colts were so shocked we didn't take Allen that they forgot they took Fleener and took another TE in Allen!!"...lol

Everyone knows how high i was on Dwayne Allen.. I could of cared less about his combine because his Tape showed great leaping ability and solid hands and ability to beat LB's down the seam and redzone capabilites.. Alot of people soured on him becasuse of his combine, i for one was not one of em.. I also liked Fleener, but i liked Dwayne Allen just as much...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Hope all are doing well just got power back, still no internet
    Sorry to here that redeye! HOpe ur doing well!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Im not really with you on this 1. Not so much because of the players, who are all decent players in their own right, but because of the need side of the equation. I do think Safety is a question mark, but the emergence of Brown and Hill lessen the need. Between those 2 players I do think we have a capable replacement for KP. I still think we need passrushers and a corner and perhaps a MLB on the defensive side and Olinemen on the offensive side. I would like to see us address these holes.

I am not yet sold on Mauti either. I think he is a very good college player but am not sold yet on his game translating to the NFL. This is a guy who has had 2 ACL surgeries and while I think he is plenty insinctive, I want to see him move around and make plays vs a good team.

I do like the later half of your picks though.
    Ya, to each his own.. I actually like this mock more then some of my others, and not as much as a few of my others.. Obviously things change with prospects wk to wk, so i'm trying to make it as realistic as possible.. Sure, there might be other players i like more or whatever, but i'm trying to think about where were picking, and where prospects are rated for most part as of now and etc..

As far as S goes, i'm not completely sold on Stevie Brown as a longterm solution, and i'm not sure Will Hill is anything more then a "ok" player either.. Stevie Browns been in league about 4yrs or so and has done next to nothing and now all of a sudden hes Ed REed...lol I'm not sure if hes just not been in the right place at the right time, or if hes just been overlooked or what? As for Hill, i gotta see more to think hes anything special, as far as Starter or what not.. And even if Both are longterm solid, i don't see Rolle with his salary being around 2 much longer, and Sash isn't that impressive to this point(i've been wrong about him so far), and theres nothing after that.. Also, Eric Reid's got Top 10potential, and i like taking chances on guys sometimes that have sky high potential when picking at end of rd 1.. I like how he hits, and i think hes gonna be a all around hard hitting playmaking saftey when said and done... I believe S is one of our biggest needs going forward.. Obviously we could go in another direction and i'd be fine with that as well, but bang for buck, i think Reid offers great potential in the 29th pick of rd 1, where i had us picking this week.

As far as Mauti, i just love em.. Hes freaking everywhere all the time.. U rarley see a play where hes not involved.. Hes shown the ability to make plays in the pass game as well as behind the line, and is a sound tackler..I think Mauti will bring a great attitude and aggresive approach to the defense.. I just like the way he plays the game, and as u said, his instincts are off the chart..

Jordan Hill is just a playmaker.. Like i said, hes a little light, but hes great at getting behind the line and making plays, and as u said, we need to get more of a pass rush, and to me, it don['t matter where that pass rush comes from, and Hill will be good for 4-6 sacks a yr, i believe...

As for the other guys, i think Brian Winters will be a steal, and hes a offensive lineman, and between James Brewer, Brian Winters, Mitch Petrus, Will Beatty, Kevin Boothe, David Baas, Braxston Cave, Chris Snee, and hopefully Sean Locklear for another yr, i think we'll be all good at Oline for at least next yr, and hopefully beyond.. But at least good enoguh to wait if we have to and go oline in 2014 a bit earlier.. Obviously some of my mocks have Oline in first couple rds, so i'm not against it by any stretch, just the way i went this week with who i think will be on the board and what not..

How nasty is Penn St's DEION BARNES DE gonna be down the line? Hes only a freshman but the kid can ball.. Kids got 3FF 6TFL 4SACK.. Hes gonna be quite good..

Yeah I got Bama LSU but no other new games. Video production has slowed. probably wont be getting new games for awhile Cable company cant give me a date when it will be back up. Could be weeks

Veteran
    I view mlb as a luxury pick. going into next year our DL could be in shambles if we don't bolster it with more young talent. Likewise, we could use another big corner to play on the outside.

Veteran
    In a 4-3 defense a great MLB can anchor down on the run forcing the pass, which will keep the ball in the hands of the QB longer for a pass rush to generate. It has been years, decades since we have a top tier MLB. DL is needed as well don't get me wrong but If we have the shot at getting a top prospect MLB, I hope that the route we go. Osi was found in the 2nd round and Tuck was found in the 3rd, you don't need a 1st round pick on a DE to get a top talent.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, remember how peeved i was when we didn't take Dwayne Allen in RD 2?? I was making jokes about it saying " the colts were so shocked we didn't take Allen that they forgot they took Fleener and took another TE in Allen!!"...lol
    I do remember prior to the draft it was you and me vs the world on the Allen vs Fleener issue. After a while I just stopped arguing with people because Fleener had SUCH a fanfare. So many wanted him to be our 1st rounder. The fact is they were very even prospects and neither belonged in the 1st round. Furthermore, I would still maintain for what we do here in NY and how we use the TE, Allen was the better prospect. I would understand how for many teams, Fleener was the better, but not the way we use a TE under TC.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-07-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    In a 4-3 defense a great MLB can anchor down on the run forcing the pass, which will keep the ball in the hands of the QB longer for a pass rush to generate. It has been years, decades since we have a top tier MLB. DL is needed as well don't get me wrong but If we have the shot at getting a top prospect MLB, I hope that the route we go. Osi was found in the 2nd round and Tuck was found in the 3rd, you don't need a 1st round pick on a DE to get a top talent.
    pass rushers and cover guys win games on the defensive side of the ball. Joseph and jpp are the only young studs on our DL

+ Reply to Thread