+ Reply to Thread
Page 440 of 562 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Oh, i'm certainly not talking about taking a MLB in RD 1.. Just in rd 2or3, unless by some crazy miracle we can get Manti Te'o, because he'll fit any system with his abilty to cover and rush the QB and tackle.. But other then that, i woulden't take any of Minter, Mauti, Red****, or Bostic in RD 1.. But if were 2 go offensive line or TE or S in RD 1, and a guy like Minter or Mauti is on board in RD 2, and there isn't a super value pick DE to be had, i'm scooping up the MLB all day long!James Gayle for instance isn't gonna cut it for me in RD 2, if Kevin Minter or Mike Mauti is on the board still in RD 2.. Of course if a guy falls that plays DE where the value permits taking em over one of the MLB's, then i'm all for it.. I certainly don't see that happeneing.. If we go DE in RD1, for say a guy like Tank Carradine or Alex Okafor, i'm certainly gonna be happy about it though.. I like both prospects, i just don't know if Okafor will be there, and i'm not 100pct sure Carradine will be either, for that matter, with his on field production
    gotcha. I typically don't have a good grasp on prospects and projected rounds until early march. But I will say that I highly doubt we take a mlb early that doesn't have great measurables. Of the guys you listed that fit the Bill, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    gotcha. I typically don't have a good grasp on prospects and projected rounds until early march. But I will say that I highly doubt we take a mlb early that doesn't have great measurables. Of the guys you listed that fit the Bill, I don't know.
    they all got fine measurables.. Nothing at all wrong with Minter, Mautis, Te'o's, Nico Johnson, Bostic, or Red****s measurables.. Arthur Brown is a sick MLB, but hes to light and will probably move to Weakside as a pro...

nothing to do with college prospects, but how do some of these NFL QB's get to teh NFL??lol I'm talking about guys like Gabbert and Henne.. I mean, are they mentally ******ed? seriously?

nothing to do with college prospects, but how do some of these NFL QB's get to teh NFL??lol I'm talking about guys like Gabbert and Henne.. I mean, are they mentally ******ed? seriously?
    Sometimes I think the teams drafting them, instead of sticking to a solid plan, see other teams grabbing quarterbacks and start to panic and just grab anyone. Or, their scouting departments suck or the GM doesn't listen to the scouts and just goes for broke. I would also add Cassel and Kolb to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Sometimes I think the teams drafting them, instead of sticking to a solid plan, see other teams grabbing quarterbacks and start to panic and just grab anyone. Or, their scouting departments suck or the GM doesn't listen to the scouts and just goes for broke. I would also add Cassel and Kolb to that list.
    I dinstinctly remember Blaine Gabbert being the 1st time I absolutely 100% did not agree with Mayock at all. He loved the kid and I hated him(well his play anyways.) I have disagreed with Mayock on some players to a degree, but this was the biggest difference of opinion I had with him ever.

they all got fine measurables.. Nothing at all wrong with Minter, Mautis, Te'o's, Nico Johnson, Bostic, or Red****s measurables.. Arthur Brown is a sick MLB, but hes to light and will probably move to Weakside as a pro...

I think you make a very good point about MLB this year. Right now there may only be 1, possibly 2, guys who are 1st rounders. I think the 2nd -3rd rounds are going to have a LOT of them tho. It really is the best response to the people suggesting we take 1 in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I think you make a very good point about MLB this year. Right now there may only be 1, possibly 2, guys who are 1st rounders. I think the 2nd -3rd rounds are going to have a LOT of them tho. It really is the best response to the people suggesting we take 1 in the 1st round.
    thank u sir.. Ya, no way we go MLB in RD 1, but i'd certainly like to get one of those guys in RD 2 or 3, for sure.. I mean, if a great value like for example Brennan Williams or even a Robert Lester drops to late RD 2 or even a Zach Ertz, then maybe we do that, and wait till rd 3, to scoop up a Nico Johnson or Kevin Red**** or something like that.. I just hope we get one of the MLB's out there this yr.. Its rare theres so many quality MLB's in the same draft..

I woulden't be against drafting CJ MOSLEY OLB BAMA in RD 1, and going MLB in RD 2or 3 either ... I don't mind double dipping for a unit if it really upgrades that unit and seems to settle it for a long time... Mosley and Mauti would really upgrade our LB unit in one single draft... I like CJ MOSLEY alot..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I think either Te'o or minter would make instant impacts on this defense. Those are the only two 1st round MLB 's I see

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    I thinks this is going to be the tough Draft to call, there are so many holes to fill, and we can't keep ignoring the O-Line. I definitely feel that CB/S/ and Linebackers need to be addressed.

Edit. I have a feeling Ertz drops to middle to late 2nd round, Because of Nunez. He should have way more yards than he has right now, some of those passes thrown his way are like a flock of ducks.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 11-09-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Disagree about nothing wrong with Minters measurables. He's got to be 5'11 at most.

+ Reply to Thread