+ Reply to Thread
Page 442 of 562 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492542 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Finally got my internet back had a huge video update on the video page

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I barely ever see Ayers play. Titans are just not a team I chose to watch. Earl Thomas has been very good but the Seahawks do employ him in a perfect fitting role , deep Cover 1. As good as he is playing the pass ,He struggles playing the run. The Seahawks combat this problem with Kam Chancelor who is an elite run defender. I love when teams get it when building their defense. The Seahawks got 2 guys that compliment each other perfectly.
    ya of course.. I mean, hes a great ballhawk, and all ready a PRO BOWLER(only seahawk that made it mind u), i mean, what more can u really say? Hes probably on his way to another prowbowl season this yr.. He was a fantastic draft pick by the seahawks, and certainly one of the main reasons there defense is so stout this yr, amongst a few others.. He does have 2TFL to go with his 7PD 1FF 1FR and 2INT ..

Thomas all ready has 9ints in his career to go along with 8TFL and 3FF! Not to shabby!

I barely ever see Ayers play. Titans are just not a team I chose to watch. Earl Thomas has been very good but the Seahawks do employ him in a perfect fitting role , deep Cover 1. As good as he is playing the pass ,He struggles playing the run. The Seahawks combat this problem with Kam Chancelor who is an elite run defender. I love when teams get it when building their defense. The Seahawks got 2 guys that compliment each other perfectly.
    U don't need to watch the titans to know 133tackles 6sack 6TFL 8PD(on pace for) is a monster season, my friend..lol Thats just straight beastly! Thats "all around" effort.. All though i will say Zach Brown has been playing more and they've been putting Ayers at End some, which is why hes starting to mix such a beatufiul all around statistacal season, i believe..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 11-10-2012 at 08:52 AM.

U are the freaking man, my freind!

Yo, u better get ur rear over to the Knicks thread to contribute soon!!!lol 4-0 for first time since yr we went to finals against rockets!

I think Thomas has pretty much turned out to be the player most thought he would. He is a good pass defender and only ok vs the run. I never had a problem with him, I just didnt agree with you that he was a better prospect than Eric Berry and that he belonged in the top 10.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-10-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Welcome back.

I have to point to that TJ McDonald vid as exactly why I have really not liked him play this year. He makes some serious mistakes. The type that end up in TDs in the NFL.

As a former DB, I am telling you there are some really bad mistakes. I see him turn his back on the QB, when he is in Zone coverage underneath.That is a mistake that high shcool players would get yelled at for making. I see him misdiagnose plays or take too long to react. Watch his footwork, its really bad at times. There are some plays there where he steps up, then back, then up again before he decides to actually react to the play. There are some very bad tackles as well as some flat out missed tackles.

I was high on him going into this year, but he is playing like a crackhead right now.

I am going to reevaluate all of my safeties because Vaccaro has played poorly this year too, and he was another guy I was very high on. At least he is showing some leadership though. I havent seen that from TJ.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-10-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Ok so NYC I have seen you mention Michael Mauti positively a few times. I agree he is a good player. But when I watch PSU play, I gotta be honest, I cant stop watching Gerald Hodges. That guy can do it all, passrush, cover and stuff. He might actually be a better NFL prospect, or at least equivalent, especially for a 43 team.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-10-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    ya, i don't know if weighing in at 255lbs and not being 6ft is a good thing or not? I like his weight at his height.. He seems to move around just fine and has enough meat to really lay the wood and work through traffic to get to ball carriers and behind the line.. I'm completely sold on Minter..

Hes one of my fave prospects this yr.. I think hes a NFL starter for a long time to come...
    Completely agree. If we can't get our hands on Te'o, Minter in the second round would be ideal. I really don't care about his height that much, 2 inches don't make the player.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I think Thomas has pretty much turned out to be the player most thought he would. He is a good pass defender and only ok vs the run. I never had a problem with him, I just didnt agree with you that he was a better prospect than Eric Berry and that he belonged in the top 10.
    That was me that said he was better prospect then barry and i didn't say he belonged in the top 10 but if he did, i would understand why.. He got pretty darn close 2 top 10.. Kinda like Doug Martin, i was saying that a couple months befor teh draft..

As far as the kinda player he is, hes pretty close to a all around player.. And at the time, we simply needed a playmaker at S, which i thought he was one of the best playmakers at S to come out in yrs.. Hes better against the run then Kam Chancellor is against the pass in my opinion.. I don't notice him missing tackles and hes got like 8TFL in his career all ready.. He can hit as well.. People acted like he was all finesse, but they just got caught up in the fact he made so many plays and was of smaller stature, theres no way he can be a hard hitter who can make some plays behind the line and tackle backs.. Sure, hes never gonna be known as a bruiser, and run stuffer, but the kid isn't a liability on the field in any situation..

USC WR Marquise Lee, is this kid something or is this kid something. The guy is amazing and only a true sophmore (sp) I believe! Anyhow, best WR in CFB I've seen in quite some time.

+ Reply to Thread