+ Reply to Thread
Page 446 of 562 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496546 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Mosley is going to be the first inside LB taken, IMO. Him and Te'o are the only 4-3/ILBs that are going in the first.
    1 thing about Mosley is they still pull him off the field in some running situations. Of course its Alabama and they have great linebacker depth but still. He might even play outside in the NFL
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 11-12-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    1 thing about Mosley is they still pull him off the field in some running situations. Of coursge its Alabama and they have great linebacker depth but still. He might even play outside in the NFL
    I like em for OLB myself.. I don't know why they take em off for any run situations, as hes solid against the run.. I think he can be moved around , and be on the field in all situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    1 thing about Mosley is they still pull him off the field in some running situations. Of course its Alabama and they have great linebacker depth but still. He might even play outside in the NFL
    Well he is considerably smaller than the LBs they seem to usually prefer. He's only 230 or so pounds. I do think he could play in a 3-4, but he may end up as a weakside backer in a 4-3. Very fluid in space, has exceptional closing speed

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'm getting my weekly mock outta the way now, because that game made me so sick, i don't wanna think about the giants for a couple days..lol Its really hard to believe thats the team that went 2 SF and won 26-3..lol Obviously playing hard is a thing this team lacks, and even JPP looked lazy today, whidch is horrible, because hes a motor player.. Kinda makes u wonder about the charechter of some vets on this team and if it eventually rubs off on the younger guys.. Sure, its not every week, but they certainly seem to take weeks off just like giants teams have done for a handful of seasons in a row now it seems.. Obviously we've been lucky to pull it togther in the nick of time some yrs, but its still risky way to go through a season.. I"m thinking Osi and Tuck are at the forefront of this, and i'd hate to say it, i think its time to really go in a diffrent direction... So, i'm really gonna be hoping for a stout pass rusher in the 1st rd, i think... I mean, theres other positons i woulden't mind as well as players, but pass rush needs a youth infusion..

I got us picking 25this embaressing week..

1. Alex Okafor DE Texas- He makes sense as OSI's all but gone, and he is a OSI kinda DE, as far as not overly big and has good speed and instincts, all though hes a better run defender, and hes picked it up in that category the past several weeks.. Hes got 8.5 sacks on the season so far..

2. Baccari Rambo S Georgia- I don't know if the playmaker makes it this far into RD 2, if he keeps playing like hes been.. GA gave up 20plus in 3of the 4 games rambo missed, and since hes been back, have given up 3outta6, and since hes played a few games, and got back into game shape, the D's been brilliant and hes been a big reason why.. Hes a game changer, who plays the box as well as can be put deep 2 cover... Hes got size and speed and reminds me a bit of Antrel Rolle, but with the chance of being more consistent with the playmaking, as Rolle is up and down yr 2 yr with his game changing plays..

3. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- There might be other positons of need, like Oline, but TE is a need as well, and Bennett's play has been sporadic the past several weeks, and hes also a FA after the yr.. Fauria is a redzone beast with good size, good hands, and solid blocking abiilty.. Hes got 9TD's this yr all ready, and has 9catches for 151yrd 3td the last 2weeks.. I think hes clearly 3rd best TE and that there is a drop off after him, so if hes on the board in RD 3, i think hes worth the get..

4. Brian Winters OT Kent St- THis guys got good size at 6ft 5in 310lb and has been starting since day 1 at Kent st, and and is very durable starting every game i believe in his career at Kent St from Freshman on.. Hes also Team captain of team that is 9-1 and has a really good run game as they avg 5.5 YPC and all ready have 2 1000yrd rushers.. This kids a great sleeper in my eyes..

5. Nigel Malone CB Kansas St- One of my bigger sleepers outta the CB's.. Talked about em many times.. Malone has a well rounded game, and solid ball skills and speed, plus hes one of the leaders of a stout defense contending for a championship possibly.. Had solid game against TCU with couple passes defended and 5tackles.. Were gonna need another CB, to play behind Prince and Hosley down the line..

6. Alec Lemon WR Syracuse- WR is our DE of our offense.> Another words its very important. WIth Jerrnigan yet to show anything, and Barden a pending FA, and Nicks and Cruz both coming close to FA'cy, we should try to possibly find lighting in a bottle again.. Lemon was sensational against number 9 Louisville yesterday, displaying hands, speed, and great concentration, as he made some nice catches... He seems kinda overlooked to me, and i woulden't be surprised seeing him make a role for himself in the NFL, if not more...

7. Kenny Demens ILB Michigan- Solid late rd gamble.. Expierence, hard hitting, good sized MLB, whos a down hill player, but could be quality depth, and possibly more.. Very physical player..

Obviously we'll be doing some work in FA'cy as well, so u don't have to cover everything via the draft..

I like the 1st 3 tho I am not sold yet on Fauria as a capable blocker, he plays so tall and needs to add some bulk. He is a good red zone TE tho.

The 1 guy you list who I do not like, not so much because he isnt a good player but beause he isnt a good fit, is Nigel Malone. He is gonna be a slot guy in the NFL, and we have 1 of those already in Hosely.

I think we need a big physical outside CB type like Rhodes, Milliner, Banks, Amerson , Poyner or even a Logan Ryan. CWeb has been 1 of the worst performing Cbs in the NFL this year. We cannot wait to replace him, especially at his pricetag. Expensive and Bad is not a good combination.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Well he is considerably smaller than the LBs they seem to usually prefer. He's only 230 or so pounds. I do think he could play in a 3-4, but he may end up as a weakside backer in a 4-3. Very fluid in space, has exceptional closing speed
    really exceptional closing speed.. I agree slip, i think he'll end up on weakside in a 4/3.. To be honest, i think he'd be able to play some SLB in passing downs as well...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I like the 1st 3 tho I am not sold yet on Fauria as a capable blocker, he plays so tall and needs to add some bulk. He is a good red zone TE tho.

The 1 guy you list who I do not like, not so much because he isnt a good player but beause he isnt a good fit, is Nigel Malone. He is gonna be a slot guy in the NFL, and we have 1 of those already in Hosely.

I think we need a big physical outside CB type like Rhodes, Milliner, Banks, Amerson , Poyner or even a Logan Ryan. CWeb has been 1 of the worst performing Cbs in the NFL this year. We cannot wait to replace him, especially at his pricetag. Expensive and Bad is not a good combination.
    Ya, i here ya about Nigel Malone.. I just like em so much, it was hard for me not to put em in there at that point in the mock.. I thought of the same thing though..lol

As far as FAURIA, i think hes a OK blocker now, and certainly can get alittle bit better in that area, which would make em a solid blocker.. He dosen't suck at blocking or anything.. Just needs to get alittle better... Offensively, hes dynamite, and i've seen him make a few plays u would think a white guy(sorry to my fellow white dudes..lol) his size would not be able to make, athletically anyways.. I think theres a huge dropoff after Fauria at the TE positon this yr.

Speaking of Joseph Fauria.. Hes on Walt Footballs Draft Stock UP/DOWN list this wk, as being UP.. A bunch of players i really like are on there, that include CJ Mosley, Kawaan Short, and of course, Joseph Fauria...

Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA
    The Bruins senior tight end has been a deadly red-zone weapon this season and proved that again versus the Cougars. Fauria caught his ninth touchdown of the year with a beautiful red-zone route. He lined up in the slot and went straight off the snap for a few yards before jab stepping to the outside and slanting to the deep middle of the end zone. It was an easy nine-yard touchdown catch for Fauria.

The senior later drew a pass interference in the end zone on a fade route. The 6-foot-7 tight end had a mismatch with a short cornerback, and all the defender could do was pull Fauria to the ground to avoid giving up a touchdown.

Fauria made a great catch to set up another score. He went over a defensive back for a jump ball to make a tough reception. The defensive back tipped the pass, but Fauria controlled the ball as he landed on his back. The gain went for 30 yards to the Washington State 10-yard line and set up a UCLA touchdown on the next play. Fauria totaled 70 yards and a touchdown on four receptions. He had three plays that directly led to 21 points for the Bruins.

Fauria has 31 receptions for 417 yards and nine scores in 2012. He has improved as a blocker to become a more well-rounded tight end. Fauria looks like a nice value pick after the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft. This performance against the Cougars will help his efforts to be a second-day selection.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA
    The Bruins senior tight end has been a deadly red-zone weapon this season and proved that again versus the Cougars. Fauria caught his ninth touchdown of the year with a beautiful red-zone route. He lined up in the slot and went straight off the snap for a few yards before jab stepping to the outside and slanting to the deep middle of the end zone. It was an easy nine-yard touchdown catch for Fauria.
    I am not against him, I do see the promise and I like his skillset . I just have 2 concerns he plays very very tall when blocking. and 2) His build concerns me. He is tall(a good thing)but his legs appear to be about 10 feet long. I worry about his potential for injuries as an end line TE.

I think 3rd round is a fair rating for him though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I am not against him, I do see the promise and I like his skillset . I just have 2 concerns he plays very very tall when blocking. and 2) His build concerns me. He is tall(a good thing)but his legs appear to be about 10 feet long. I worry about his potential for injuries as an end line TE.

I think 3rd round is a fair rating for him though.
    I think your concerns are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    While he isn't a gunslinger by any means, he ha been looking pretty good.
    Yep, Golson is definitely game and fun to watch. I think durability is a concern w/ him though due to his size but he's a tough kid. Just my opinion but he's one of those guys who will have a great college career but won't quite cut it in the NFL.

+ Reply to Thread