+ Reply to Thread
Page 449 of 562 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

What are people's opinions about the Giants landing Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o in the draft if they're able to?

We all know LB and OL are something the Giants can improve on in terms of depth.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 11-18-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    What are people's opinions about the Giants landing Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o in the draft if they're able to?

We all know LB and OL are something the Giants can improve on in terms of depth.
    we gotta be drafting in the teens to get him. I don't see him going past 15.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Here's what Mcshay had to say about the TE class:

"San Diego State's Gavin Escobar (79) doesn't get much national love, but West Coast NFL scouts have been whispering about the athletic pass-catching tight end.

Escobar (6-5, 255) leads the team with 35 catches for 483 yards and five touchdowns. He's not a senior and could very well return to SDSU for another season, but should he leave early, Escobar could be one of five non-senior tight ends selected in the first three rounds. Here are the top five draft-eligible players on the board, all of whom are non-seniors.

1. Zach Ertz, Stanford (6-6, 249; 89)
    2. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame (6-6, 250; 88)
    3. Escobar
    4. Dion Sims, Michigan State (6-5, 276; 78)
    5.Levine Toilolo, Stanford (6-8, 263; 76)

I've heard no buzz about Ertz staying or going, but most scouts I've talked to have a strong feeling that Eifert is leaning heavily toward leaving. If both declare for the draft, it will be interesting to see who comes off the board first, because teams seem to be split on who is the better overall prospect.
    For the record, the highest-rated senior tight end on our board right now is Auburn's Philip Lutzenkirchen, who is rated just slightly ahead of Joseph Fauria (UCLA) and Jake Stoneburner (Ohio State). That trio will be jockeying for position in the middle rounds."
    I would be absolutely shocked if Etz Stayed. There are wispers Stanford may also lose thier Head coach to the NFL. If that is the case, I do not see why Ertz would stay.

I can see why some teams may have Eifert above Ertz, but the way most teams use a TE nowadays I think Ertz will be rated slightly higher. I said this last year and will say it again now, both of these guys are better prospects than Fleener or any TE was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think Notre Dame will get destroyed by Alabama.
    Im not 1 to predict to often the out outcome of games. But This 1 I will. I agree with you.

As we have seen the only way to beat bama is with amazing QB play and some luck. I do not see ND being able to get yards vs the Bama defense.I think it would take 1 of the great upsets of our time to see ND defeat Bama. And, as much as I love defensive football, I think the majority of the country would find this game extremely boring.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Im not so sure, its always a bit of a mystery with inside linebackers. They dont typically have all that much value. I dont think Teo is a better prospect than Kuechly was last year. But ESPN is rolling the Teo hype train right now saying he will go 1st overall to the Chiefs.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Im not so sure, its always a bit of a mystery with inside linebackers. They dont typically have all that much value. I dont think Teo is a better prospect than Kuechly was last year. But ESPN is rolling the Teo hype train right now saying he will go 1st overall to the Chiefs.
    Doubt he gets drafted in the top 10 but 15 even to 20 is plausible. He woks in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense, everyone is looking for that athletic ILB.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Doubt he gets drafted in the top 10 but 15 even to 20 is plausible. He woks in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense, everyone is looking for that athletic ILB.
    I don't think it's impossible he is still on the board when the giants pick

Veteran
    well I hope you are right. Cause T'eo is who I want badly.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

I agree more likely Top 10. Alec Oggletree is a more reasonable target for the Giants. He would tighten up the passing defense in the Middle of the field. However even though he would help this team overall even if the Giants drafted him they wouldnt play him because he isnt a stout run defender. So he would just stand on the sidelines while CHase Blackburn gets the team gutted all day long.

I think the Giants have to get a Defensive End early the pass rush is anemic. The only other spot Id be OK with is in the secondary either a Cornerback or a Safety but both of those positions may be better off waiting till round 2. The Giants need to find replacements for big money players Rolle and Webster both are not worth 9 million a year

I dont know man Kuechly went 9 and to me he is a better prospect

+ Reply to Thread