+ Reply to Thread
Page 450 of 562 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460500550 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I dont know man Kuechly went 9 and to me he is a better prospect
    Im confused by your wording i think, are you saying Teo is the better prospect?

I actually think Teo is a very good player, but I think his hype level is getting a bit scary. He has so much more talent around him making him look good.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    well I hope you are right. Cause T'eo is who I want badly.
    Put me on that train too....I haven't looked at all the first round prospects that closely to make a definite desicion, but at first glance this seems like a pretty weak draft at the top and none of the prospects really excite me that much. Right now I'd say Teo and Chance Warmack are the two guys I'd want most in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Im not so sure, its always a bit of a mystery with inside linebackers. They dont typically have all that much value. I dont think Teo is a better prospect than Kuechly was last year. But ESPN is rolling the Teo hype train right now saying he will go 1st overall to the Chiefs.
    Thats just stupid. One of the 3-4 teams will take him, Maybe the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Im confused by your wording i think, are you saying Teo is the better prospect?

I actually think Teo is a very good player, but I think his hype level is getting a bit scary. He has so much more talent around him making him look good.
    I wasnt as crazy about Kuechly as everyone else didnt think he was a MLB. T'eo can play inside

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I wasnt as crazy about Kuechly as everyone else didnt think he was a MLB. T'eo can play inside
    I loved Kuechly, and said he'd be a top 10 pick (actually had a bet with someone on here about that?), and the Panthers have been so much better defensivley since he was put in the middle as starter.. Dude is everywhere.. I wish we had em...

Te'o is diffrent then most MLB's his size, becuase he can defend the pass.. A guy with that size who can get behind the line and defend the pass is rare.. He dosen't fall into the stero typical "if ur 250lbs and play ILB u gotta play ILB for 3/4 team".. Hes the exception to the rule, and take it from someone whos watched just about every play for ND this yr, hes completely the real deal, and i honestly don't think there undefeated without em...

I'm kinda hoping Kawaan Short is available when we pick.. The guys brilliant.. He blocks kicks, sacks qb's, gets RB's behind the line, strong at POA, has great size..etc If the GIANTS pick in the low 20's, which i hope they don't, but lets face it, losing to eagles and bengals could really hurt us, then i hope Kawaan Short is at least in consideration.. Linval and Short side by side would be unbelievable..

Also, people know how much i like Baccari Rambo, and i'd put his off field stuff aside, becauses hes a 1st rd talent, and if hes still available when we pick in RD 2, i'd take me.. He'd be a unbelievable replacement for KP..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'm getting my weekly mock outta the way now, because that game made me so sick, i don't wanna think about the giants for a couple days..lol Its really hard to believe thats the team that went 2 SF and won 26-3..lol Obviously playing hard is a thing this team lacks, and even JPP looked lazy today, whidch is horrible, because hes a motor player.. Kinda makes u wonder about the charechter of some vets on this team and if it eventually rubs off on the younger guys.. Sure, its not every week, but they certainly seem to take weeks off just like giants teams have done for a handful of seasons in a row now it seems.. Obviously we've been lucky to pull it togther in the nick of time some yrs, but its still risky way to go through a season.. I"m thinking Osi and Tuck are at the forefront of this, and i'd hate to say it, i think its time to really go in a diffrent direction... So, i'm really gonna be hoping for a stout pass rusher in the 1st rd, i think... I mean, theres other positons i woulden't mind as well as players, but pass rush needs a youth infusion..

I got us picking 25this embaressing week..

1. Alex Okafor DE Texas- He makes sense as OSI's all but gone, and he is a OSI kinda DE, as far as not overly big and has good speed and instincts, all though hes a better run defender, and hes picked it up in that category the past several weeks.. Hes got 8.5 sacks on the season so far..

2. Baccari Rambo S Georgia- I don't know if the playmaker makes it this far into RD 2, if he keeps playing like hes been.. GA gave up 20plus in 3of the 4 games rambo missed, and since hes been back, have given up 3outta6, and since hes played a few games, and got back into game shape, the D's been brilliant and hes been a big reason why.. Hes a game changer, who plays the box as well as can be put deep 2 cover... Hes got size and speed and reminds me a bit of Antrel Rolle, but with the chance of being more consistent with the playmaking, as Rolle is up and down yr 2 yr with his game changing plays..

3. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- There might be other positons of need, like Oline, but TE is a need as well, and Bennett's play has been sporadic the past several weeks, and hes also a FA after the yr.. Fauria is a redzone beast with good size, good hands, and solid blocking abiilty.. Hes got 9TD's this yr all ready, and has 9catches for 151yrd 3td the last 2weeks.. I think hes clearly 3rd best TE and that there is a drop off after him, so if hes on the board in RD 3, i think hes worth the get..

4. Brian Winters OT Kent St- THis guys got good size at 6ft 5in 310lb and has been starting since day 1 at Kent st, and and is very durable starting every game i believe in his career at Kent St from Freshman on.. Hes also Team captain of team that is 9-1 and has a really good run game as they avg 5.5 YPC and all ready have 2 1000yrd rushers.. This kids a great sleeper in my eyes..

5. Nigel Malone CB Kansas St- One of my bigger sleepers outta the CB's.. Talked about em many times.. Malone has a well rounded game, and solid ball skills and speed, plus hes one of the leaders of a stout defense contending for a championship possibly.. Had solid game against TCU with couple passes defended and 5tackles.. Were gonna need another CB, to play behind Prince and Hosley down the line..

6. Alec Lemon WR Syracuse- WR is our DE of our offense.> Another words its very important. WIth Jerrnigan yet to show anything, and Barden a pending FA, and Nicks and Cruz both coming close to FA'cy, we should try to possibly find lighting in a bottle again.. Lemon was sensational against number 9 Louisville yesterday, displaying hands, speed, and great concentration, as he made some nice catches... He seems kinda overlooked to me, and i woulden't be surprised seeing him make a role for himself in the NFL, if not more...

7. Kenny Demens ILB Michigan- Solid late rd gamble.. Expierence, hard hitting, good sized MLB, whos a down hill player, but could be quality depth, and possibly more.. Very physical player..

Obviously we'll be doing some work in FA'cy as well, so u don't have to cover everything via the draft..
    Heres this WK's mock draft, all though we didn't play, i'm bored so will do one anyways.. Obviously guys like Alec Lemon, who i put in last wk, may of played himself outta 6th rd slot, because he was utterly freaking insane yet again! U can see why i mocked em to us, as he followed up his 9CATCH 176YRD 2TD against LOUISVILLE game with a 12CATCH 244YRD 2TD game against MIZZO, both coming in WINS... LEMON's got size and deceptive speed and good hands... JOE FAURIA again was impressive in there upset win vs USC, with 4CATCH 61YRD 1TD..

Anyhow, heres this wk's mock.. I got us picking 22nd, as thats where i believe we'd pick if Draft was today..

1. Kawaan Short DT Purdue- This guy does it all, as he blocks kicks(4), sacks the QB(6), gets behind the line for TFL(13)..Hes also got really good size, and has the nessecary explosion off the ball that would play nice next to a big run stuffer like LINVAL JOSEPH.. THey'd be a formidable duo, and Chris Canty may be released in offseason and Rocky Bernard is a FA, and Marvin Austin has shown nothing to this point in his career...

2. Bacarri Rambo S Georgia- Tony Jefferson was lit up this past weekend by W.VA, which is nothing to slouch about, but still. Rambo's bulldogs have been even better defensivley since he returned, and the playmaker has made a big impact since returning, and it shows.. Hes got solid size, ball hawk ability, and great instincts.. With KP's career in NY possibly coming to a close, and me not being as sold on S.BROWN longterm, as i've said since hes started killing it for us, and Rolles big contract possibly leading to a Cap casualty, i think Rambo makes alot of sense.. Hes a 1st rd talent that has fell because off field issues, but his on field play and diffrence making is to hard to ignore, and i'd be happy to gamble on the kids talent in RD 2..

3. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- Big athletic, redzone target, who has frame to add some weight and become better blocker.. Has been huge for UCLA in a resurgent season for the bruins, and is the last of the top TE's in this class, in my opinion, behind only Eifert and Ertz... Huge dropoff after Fauria..

4. Brian Winters OT Kent St- Gotta chance to watch this kid this past wk, and was really impressed.. He moves well, and is a leader of a team that loves to run the football.. 4th rd steal in my opinion..

5. AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- Big, Strong MLB, who is fiery leader of Iowa St club.. Sure tackler, who was BIG12 Co Defensive player of the yr last season.. A solid player..

6. Craig Roh DE Michigan- stock has fallen this yr, but is a strong physical player who could be a solid rotational DE, maybe our next Dave Tollefson type?

7. Matthew McGloin QB Penn St- The kids improved leaps and bounds, and if not for the Penn St Air attack to make them a complete offense, they don't have a resurgent season.. Hes smart with the football and can make most of the throws.. hes worth a shot in the 7th rd, and would be good competiton if we don't want to pay a mill for a backup...

Heres this WK's mock draft, all though we didn't play, i'm bored so will do one anyways.. Obviously guys like Alec Lemon, who i put in last wk, may of played himself outta 6th rd slot, because he was utterly freaking insane yet again! U can see why i mocked em to us, as he followed up his 9CATCH 176YRD 2TD against LOUISVILLE game with a 12CATCH 244YRD 2TD game against MIZZO, both coming in WINS... LEMON's got size and deceptive speed and good hands... JOE FAURIA again was impressive in there upset win vs USC, with 4CATCH 61YRD 1TD..

Anyhow, heres this wk's mock.. I got us picking 22nd, as thats where i believe we'd pick if Draft was today..

1. Kawaan Short DT Purdue- This guy does it all, as he blocks kicks(4), sacks the QB(6), gets behind the line for TFL(13)..Hes also got really good size, and has the nessecary explosion off the ball that would play nice next to a big run stuffer like LINVAL JOSEPH.. THey'd be a formidable duo, and Chris Canty may be released in offseason and Rocky Bernard is a FA, and Marvin Austin has shown nothing to this point in his career...

2. Bacarri Rambo S Georgia- Tony Jefferson was lit up this past weekend by W.VA, which is nothing to slouch about, but still. Rambo's bulldogs have been even better defensivley since he returned, and the playmaker has made a big impact since returning, and it shows.. Hes got solid size, ball hawk ability, and great instincts.. With KP's career in NY possibly coming to a close, and me not being as sold on S.BROWN longterm, as i've said since hes started killing it for us, and Rolles big contract possibly leading to a Cap casualty, i think Rambo makes alot of sense.. Hes a 1st rd talent that has fell because off field issues, but his on field play and diffrence making is to hard to ignore, and i'd be happy to gamble on the kids talent in RD 2..

3. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- Big athletic, redzone target, who has frame to add some weight and become better blocker.. Has been huge for UCLA in a resurgent season for the bruins, and is the last of the top TE's in this class, in my opinion, behind only Eifert and Ertz... Huge dropoff after Fauria..

4. Brian Winters OT Kent St- Gotta chance to watch this kid this past wk, and was really impressed.. He moves well, and is a leader of a team that loves to run the football.. 4th rd steal in my opinion..

5. AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- Big, Strong MLB, who is fiery leader of Iowa St club.. Sure tackler, who was BIG12 Co Defensive player of the yr last season.. A solid player..

6. Craig Roh DE Michigan- stock has fallen this yr, but is a strong physical player who could be a solid rotational DE, maybe our next Dave Tollefson type?

7. Matthew McGloin QB Penn St- The kids improved leaps and bounds, and if not for the Penn St Air attack to make them a complete offense, they don't have a resurgent season.. Hes smart with the football and can make most of the throws.. hes worth a shot in the 7th rd, and would be good competiton if we don't want to pay a mill for a backup...
    I cant really complain about the guys you have us selecting right now. Top 3 are good players. But I do not think this team has the luxury of waiting to select Olineman anymore. Literally all of our recent early draft picks are going nowhere till we shore up this oline.

It seems like Reese likes to get Onlinemen in free agency lately, and I would be fine with that. But until we do it, I cannot forgive another offseason of passing on Oline. You know last draft I said the 1 guy who I didnt think we could get, but as it turned out we could have, was Cordy Glenn. If we do not address this need this offseason, I think this team goes into rapid decline.

Te'o is diffrent then most MLB's his size, becuase he can defend the pass.. A guy with that size who can get behind the line and defend the pass is rare.. He dosen't fall into the stero typical "if ur 250lbs and play ILB u gotta play ILB for 3/4 team".. Hes the exception to the rule, and take it from someone whos watched just about every play for ND this yr, hes completely the real deal, and i honestly don't think there undefeated without em...
    No way would they be undefeated without him. U know what bugs me, How good Geno Atkins is.I wish we had him instead that waste of roster space Marvin Austin.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 11-20-2012 at 01:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread