+ Reply to Thread
Page 453 of 562 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Many know how high i am on kevin minter ilb LSU.. I see hes gaining steam as DANE BRULGER(draft expert for CBSSPORTS) has put em in his 1st RD.. I'm telling you, the guy is a flat out "football player"... Guys like Kevin Minter, Baccari Rambo, Kawaan Short, CJ Mosley, Jordan Poyer, Eric Fisher, Joseph Fauria, Eric Reid, Ez Ansah, Alex Okafor, Tank Carradine, Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack, Terry Hawthorne, Jordan Hill, DJ Swearinger,Mike Mauti are guys i'm hoping are linked to the GMEN in off season pre draft vists for the first 3/4 rounds or so.. I'll add Brian Winters OT Kent St to that list as well.. One guy i'd be willing to trade up for if we end up picking in the lower 20's to begin with, would be Jake Mathews OT Tex A&M.. Hes the real deal, and Joeckl is clearly a better prospect, but not overly far and away.. Taylor Lewans stock is just rising 2 high for us to even think about trading for em.. I think Lewan goes top 10, as hes brilliant...

Whats everyones take on this safety class? Assuming Matt Elam comes out.. I'm souring a bit on TJ McDonald, and probably woulden't touch em unless hes there when we pick in RD 3.. Vaccaro has looked pretty good most of the time and i'm looking forward to seeing him against TCU tommorow, as they got Skye Dawson and Josh Boyce, but i've fallen off on him a tad this yr as well.. My 2 faves are Baccari Rambo and Eric Reid.. I would have no issue taking Eric Reid in RD 1 , if we picked in the later half, and i really hope we get a chance to grab Baccari Rambo if we go a diffrent direction in RD 1, in RD 2... My top 5 safetys would probably go like this at this point...

1. Eric Reid LSU- Potential gives him a nudge ahead of Rambo
    2. Baccari Rambo GA- Fell in love with em as a prospect, and that love continues to grow the more i see em play..
    3. Matt Elam FLA- Very good player, could make push for 1st rd consieration
    4. Tony Jefferson OK- Not as high on em as most on here, but i do like em..
    5. Kenny Vaccaro- Hes right there with Jefferson but jefferson gets a nod because my draft brethren on here have talked em up so much..lol

Just missed(in order) - DJ Swearinger(underrated), Robert Lester, TJ Mcdonald...

A couple sleepers i like are Earl Wolff Nc St and Shamarko Thomas of Syracuse... Mid to late guy

Quote Originally Posted by heavyhitter View Post
    I actually think Lonnie Pryor is the best FB in the country despite seeing many different draft sites having Trey Millard as the top FB. I remember driving out to watch Pryor in HS and he absolutely gashed defenses in damn near every game he played. I think family/friends/players called him "the future" or something along those lines. I followed his recruitment and thought for sure he would commit to Florida over Florida St. but I was pleasantly surprised.
    Lonnie is the best Fullfack as far as skillset goes. But his size at 230 is why he isnt considered top for the NFL. However, he is a threat from the fullback position that defenses cant ignore like they do most fullbacks. He can run, catch, and block as well as anyone. He will make some team inventive enough to use him very happy.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-22-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

1. Eric Reid LSU- Potential gives him a nudge ahead of Rambo
    2. Baccari Rambo GA- Fell in love with em as a prospect, and that love continues to grow the more i see em play..
    3. Matt Elam FLA- Very good player, could make push for 1st rd consieration
    4. Tony Jefferson OK- Not as high on em as most on here, but i do like em..
    5. Kenny Vaccaro- Hes right there with Jefferson but jefferson gets a nod because my draft brethren on here have talked em up so much..lol

Just missed(in order) - DJ Swearinger(underrated), Robert Lester, TJ Mcdonald...
    Really think help is needed in the secondary and would love for the Giants to grab any one of these 8 prospects. I still think the Giants are still searching for that Chad Jones type guy at the safety position. Glad u brought up South Carolina S DJ Swearinger, who I agree is very underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Lonnie is the best Fullfack as far as skillset goes. But his size at 230 is why he isnt considered top for the NFL. However, he is a threat from the fullback position that defenses cant ignore like they do most fullbacks. He can run, catch, and block as well as anyone. He will make some team inventive enough to use him very happy.
    I agree and well said

What round do you guys think brandon jenkins will go in? His stock's obviously down after the season ending foot injury, but he's still a guy who led FSU in sacks in 2010 and 2011 with projected first round DE's Werner and Carradine on the roster.

Personally I think he'll be on the Giants radar around round 3. His size and athletiscm is solid, but probably his best attribute is his quick first step and ability to bend on the edge.

Another guy who plays a position of need and also suffered a season ending injury to hurt his stock is UNC OT Brennan Williams. Some had him as a first round talent prior to the injury so if he's there in the late 2nd I think the Giants would be smart to snatch him up. The guy's prototype at 6'6" 320 with impressive athletism for his size

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    What round do you guys think brandon jenkins will go in? His stock's obviously down after the season ending foot injury, but he's still a guy who led FSU in sacks in 2010 and 2011 with projected first round DE's Werner and Carradine on the roster.

Personally I think he'll be on the Giants radar around round 3. His size and athletiscm is solid, but probably his best attribute is his quick first step and ability to bend on the edge.

Another guy who plays a position of need and also suffered a season ending injury to hurt his stock is UNC OT Brennan Williams. Some had him as a first round talent prior to the injury so if he's there in the late 2nd I think the Giants would be smart to snatch him up. The guy's prototype at 6'6" 320 with impressive athletism for his size
    I coulden't agree more about both players.. Brandon Jenkins might fall similar to O'brien Scholfield from a few seasons ago outta wisconsin? He tore his ACL at the SR.BOWL and ended up getting drafted in RD4.. So, ur probably right actually, becuase if Schofield went in RD 4 and he injured himself closer to the draft then Jenkins, and probably wasen't as highly touted a prospect as jenkins to begin with, then jenkins will probably go in RD3 or so.. Maybe late 2nd if he participates in any type of pre draft workout stuff..

I really woulden't mind the giants rolling the dice on either player.. Jenkins would fit perfectly in the roll osi played for us, as lighting first step(if he still has it), sack master, and Brennan Williams was having a really nice season before he went down, and would give brewer good healthy competiton for the RT job going forwrad.. I'd take Brennan Williams in teh 2nd rd all day long..

Quote Originally Posted by heavyhitter View Post
    Really think help is needed in the secondary and would love for the Giants to grab any one of these 8 prospects. I still think the Giants are still searching for that Chad Jones type guy at the safety position. Glad u brought up South Carolina S DJ Swearinger, who I agree is very underrated.
    Ya, Baccari Rambo fits that Chad Jones mold in my opinion.. And yes, Swearinger is really solid and i think someone bites on him earlier then expected , similar to a TJ Ward(maybe not quite as early but u get the point)..

Have u guys seen some of these unmovable contracts the Giants have on this team.We r Fd for real next season. Webster would be a cap hit of 10 million if we cut him, Diehl 7,75 million. These guys suck and we cant get rid of them. I doubt they make the playoffs next year

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I coulden't agree more about both players.. Brandon Jenkins might fall similar to O'brien Scholfield from a few seasons ago outta wisconsin? He tore his ACL at the SR.BOWL and ended up getting drafted in RD4.. So, ur probably right actually, becuase if Schofield went in RD 4 and he injured himself closer to the draft then Jenkins, and probably wasen't as highly touted a prospect as jenkins to begin with, then jenkins will probably go in RD3 or so.. Maybe late 2nd if he participates in any type of pre draft workout stuff..

I really woulden't mind the giants rolling the dice on either player.. Jenkins would fit perfectly in the roll osi played for us, as lighting first step(if he still has it), sack master, and Brennan Williams was having a really nice season before he went down, and would give brewer good healthy competiton for the RT job going forwrad.. I'd take Brennan Williams in teh 2nd rd all day long..
    I like Williams a lot. I like Jenkins too but I think he ends up as a 3-4 OLB.

+ Reply to Thread