+ Reply to Thread
Page 458 of 562 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508558 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I dont know where he would fit in a 4-3. I think if you did draft him as a 4-3 player, you would need to do what Denver does with Von Miller.
    No reason why he couldn't play LB on run downs and then move down to DE on passing situations. This isn't a Bruce Irvin situation where he was strictly a pass rusher in college. Barr is an everydown player for UCLA who can drop in to coverage and take on blocks in the run game. Personally i think he's a better fit in that position then Dion jordan would be (Stronger, more stout against the run and most importantly a better pass rusher).
    Last edited by juice33s; 11-27-2012 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Whats up draft junkies. back from mini hiatus.

Corner is what i would like to spend the first round pick on. seeing as were probably going to be in the late 20's or so, I doubt the major guys I want like Minter/Te'o/ any one of the LSU DE's lol and Reid would be available.

So Rhodes/Simon/Poyer in that order.
    Reid and Minter will be there

Im not sold that Dion Jordan is going to be playing in space all the time in the NFL. i think he is better off putting on weight and playing a traditional end spot. It will be nice asset to have a guy like him if u like to zone blitz but are u really going to take a 6'6 guy and tell him to cover Wes Welker in the slot

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Good players. Im not sure I agree about Bennett, but I certainly think Eifert is a solid pick, even if I think it unlikely the Giants go TE in the 1st.

Aboushi in the 2nd would be a steal. I think you are right in saying he wont be here come april. If he were a right tackle only prospect then maybe, but since he can play left and is actually more comfortable there, I highly doubt he drops this far. Natural left tackles comfortable with pass protection get drafted sooner. Still tho, I like the positional need pick, and I think OT has become such a big need that we might consider trading up for 1.

I am a little iffy on Zach line, I see some big holes for him and I think they make him look better than he is at times. He isnt big enough to play fullback right now either. I question his speed and I also think he runs very upright at times, tho he is a good reciever. I would like to see more of him tbh. I like the idea of what you are going for, I am just not that high on him. As far as the Rb/FB hybrid guys I like Lonnie Pryor he plays fullback but runs like a power tailback and can catch as well. To me, he is 1 of the most underrated RB prospects coming out this year. He is a more skilled version of Joe Martinek. A hybrid type player who can run, catch, block and leadblock. I also think a late round guy like Braden Wilson works with what we do here. He is more of a H-back/ Fullback hybrid type like Pascoe or possibly Rhett Elison from last year.
    I love zach line.. He was carrying guys after contact 5-6 yrds down field, and even when the hole was stuffed, was still getting positive yards with his non stop motor and strength combinantion. He makes for a great complement to a David Wilson, in my opinion.. He reminds me of a more complete Kuhn from GB.. Hes all ready caught 32balls this yr and looks pretty natural in his pass recieving.. He falls 2 me somewhere between Peyton Hillis/ Kuhn/ and Jackie Battle.. Not to bad for a late 5th rd pick... WHoever takes him will get a steal..

I think Aboushi willl rise just becasue hes proven he can play with great skill either RT or LT.. Just the versatility alone with his measurables and smarts is a nice package.. I can't believe how underrated he is right now.. I honestly don't believe he make it to the mid 2nd, but thats the consensus as of now, so i got em in RD 2...

Eli's at his best when his TE is making big plays.. And when Bennett was making big plays the first wk's of the season, our pass offense was as crisp as ever.. Eiftert is simply better.. i have no problem going a diffrent direction but if there isn't a great pick out there, then i'd rather get the number 1 prospect at a certain positon that could certainly be useful to us, which TE is.. 3TD's outta are TE is simply not good enough.. With his size and skill, he should have half a dozen TD's... I mean, even Kevin Boss, a 5th rd pick outta W.oregon whos done nothing since leaving NY, was a greater weapon to us, especially in the redzone..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 11-27-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Im not sold that Dion Jordan is going to be playing in space all the time in the NFL. i think he is better off putting on weight and playing a traditional end spot. It will be nice asset to have a guy like him if u like to zone blitz but are u really going to take a 6'6 guy and tell him to cover Wes Welker in the slot
    Well how many LB's would you ever tell to cover Welker? I do think that Jordan and Barr have the size. strenght and athletism to stick with most TE's in the league

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Reid and Minter will be there
    I don't know about Reid? That is certainly debatable, and Minter is rising, as i've said he should be for wks, as i seen ROb Rang got em in the 1st rd now.. U guy sleep on minter, but the guy is increidble.. Hes a indimidator, and somewhat of a playmaker... He really moves around the field at ease, and seems to rack up tackles every game, and is no slouch in coverege and he can rush the passer on ocasion.. I honestly think hes closer to 6ft 1in, then the 5ft 11in, some have speculated.. Shoot, i've seen him listed at 6ft 2in in more then 1 site... I'd be shocked if hes on the board after Bobby Wagner went last yr, which is after the 1st, but hes a better prospect, so he could go anywhere before Bobby Wagner, even the late 1st... And i loved Bobby Wagner!!(whos doing really well, might i add)...

Jordan Hill made it into Walts Stock UP this wk which came out this morning.. I've mocked em a few times to us, most recently this wk, and io'm telling u, this kid will help our pass rush immensley.. U put Linval, Hill, and JPP on 3/4 of ur 4/3 makeup, and ur on 2 something...

Jordan Hill, DT, Penn State
    Hill took over and dominated his final collegiate game. The Wisconsin Badgers were the victim as Hill killed them as a pass-rusher while also stuffing a plethora of runs at the line of scrimmage. He was moving well around the line of scrimmage all night and not giving up any ground.

Hill made a plethora of tackles in the ground game. He picked up his first sack after starting to his left before shedding center Travis Frederick to cut back to the right and tackle the quarterback.

In crunch time late in the fourth quarter, Hill came up with a big sack when the Badgers were driving and trying to tie the game. Hill slipped past the guard and exploded down the pocket to flatten Phillips for his second sack. Hill added another tackle of Montee Ball on first-and-goal. Hill used a swim move on third-and-goal to get by Travis Frederick and tackle Ball for a loss of a couple of yards.

Aside from his sacks, Hill got a number of punishing hits on quarterback Curt Phillips just after he threw the ball. Hill totaled 12 tackles, three tackles for a loss and two sacks versus Wisconsin. The 6-foot-1, 292-pounder used his final game to show NFL teams that he is worthy of a second-day pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. Hill totaled 64 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a loss, one interception, 4.5 sacks and a forced fumble in 2012.

Joseph Fauria had another marvelous game albeit in a losing effort.. He scored yet again, and put up WR type stat line yet again.. At 4catches 61yrds 1td vs a super tough stanford D... Hes scored in 7outta8 games, and i will trust 100pct that our coaches can get maximum potential outta his 6ft 7in 255lb frame towards becoming a solid NFL blocker.. If we need a TE or go a diffrent direction in 1st rd, i'd consider Fauria in 2nd or 3rd... Hes really good..

Been gone for the Thanksgiving week so I apologize in advance if it has already been noticed but Ansah seems to have found himself in the late 1st for a few mocks now.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't know about Reid? That is certainly debatable, and Minter is rising, as i've said he should be for wks, as i seen ROb Rang got em in the 1st rd now.. U guy sleep on minter, but the guy is increidble.. Hes a indimidator, and somewhat of a playmaker... He really moves around the field at ease, and seems to rack up tackles every game, and is no slouch in coverege and he can rush the passer on ocasion.. I honestly think hes closer to 6ft 1in, then the 5ft 11in, some have speculated.. Shoot, i've seen him listed at 6ft 2in in more then 1 site... I'd be shocked if hes on the board after Bobby Wagner went last yr, which is after the 1st, but hes a better prospect, so he could go anywhere before Bobby Wagner, even the late 1st... And i loved Bobby Wagner!!(whos doing really well, might i add)...
    Neither of these guys are top 20 picks, so for rainierjef to feel they wouldn't be there in the late 20's I thought was a little assumptious.

Both Reid and Minter play postions where to be high 1st round picks you really have to be a.) a special height/weight/speed specimen and b) a true game changer on the field, neither guy fits the bill in both categories.

+ Reply to Thread