+ Reply to Thread
Page 459 of 562 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Been gone for the Thanksgiving week so I apologize in advance if it has already been noticed but Ansah seems to have found himself in the late 1st for a few mocks now.
    The more I think about it, the more I think thats the guy the Giants will take if he's available. Fits the Giants to a T in what he brings physically and in terms of versatillity where he can play all over the Dline

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    With his size and skill, he should have half a dozen TD's... I mean, even Kevin Boss, a 5th rd pick outta W.oregon whos done nothing since leaving NY, was a greater weapon to us, especially in the redzone..
    What are you talking about? Bennett has 39 reception ins 11 games. In Boss' best year he had 42 for the entire season. How was he a better weapon? Furthermore Bennett is a better edge blocker, which is the primary function of the TE in this offense. Boss was a decent TE, but lets not turn him into something he was not. We dont use Bennett as a deep threat because we have guys better suited for it. In 2009, which was Boss' best year, and a year we passed the ball a ton because of our large point defecits, we lacked a deep threat. We have Cruz to pick apart the deep middle of the field now.

Eiferts a good prospect , but I am willing to give Bennett more credit than others even if just for the superb job blocking he has done. We have actually been able to get the edge on defenses this year in the run game. That just did not happen last year as Ballard was a terrible seal blocker. We have also let Bennet Block DE's 1v1 and he has been successful at times, that is something we never did in the past.

You want a reason our run game is improved this year over last? Well Bennett is a large part of that. His edge blocking is very good.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-27-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Tank Carradine tore his ACL....Went from a possible 1st round pick to imo maybe a 3rd at best

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Neither of these guys are top 20 picks, so for rainierjef to feel they wouldn't be there in the late 20's I thought was a little assumptious.

Both Reid and Minter play postions where to be high 1st round picks you really have to be a.) a special height/weight/speed specimen and b) a true game changer on the field, neither guy fits the bill in both categories.
    As far as minter goes, He's been rising for some time now al he needs to do is show and prove at the combine and I honeslty don't see him past 20. Surely a 3-4 team or a 4-3 team will take him after T'eo, same for Reid. Mark Barron went 7th a year ago, ( I am not saying reid is a better prospect than barron was coming out ) but teams are always looking for that guy to be the play making last line of defense in a passing league. I also don't see him going past 20. I think we are drafting mid to late 20's so you could be right, we will see.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    Tank Carradine tore his ACL....Went from a possible 1st round pick to imo maybe a 3rd at best
    3rd is generous, depending on the severity of the tear and any pertinent history, he could slide farther than that.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Joseph Fauria had another marvelous game albeit in a losing effort.. He scored yet again, and put up WR type stat line yet again.. At 4catches 61yrds 1td vs a super tough stanford D... Hes scored in 7outta8 games, and i will trust 100pct that our coaches can get maximum potential outta his 6ft 7in 255lb frame towards becoming a solid NFL blocker.. If we need a TE or go a diffrent direction in 1st rd, i'd consider Fauria in 2nd or 3rd... Hes really good..
    You would take fauria in the first? I have seen limited tape on him, only because i have been bias and following Eifert like a hawk. How is his blocking, cause right now i have Eifert as the most improved blocking TE coming out this year followed by Toilolo and Ertz.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    You would take fauria in the first? I have seen limited tape on him, only because i have been bias and following Eifert like a hawk. How is his blocking, cause right now i have Eifert as the most improved blocking TE coming out this year followed by Toilolo and Ertz.
    No He isnt a 1st round talent. He is a decent prospect tho. I think he might still be growing into his long frame as well. I read 1 scouting report that said he might actually be over 6'8"

I think he is a very good red zone target and would likely go in the 3rd round area. NYC and I discussed him a couple pages back. He has a couple concerns, but also has some nice upside.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-27-2012 at 07:38 PM.

I actually love him as a prospect, but I always questioned him as 1st round talent mostly because he accomplished his good numbers vs 1 on 1 situations. Werner got way more attention in the form of chip blocks and added TEs to his side than Tank did. Still, Tank took advantage of it and will be a very good DE. He is very stout at the point of attack too. 1 strong dude.

Wouldnt mind taking Tank in the mid rounds, giants have the depth to IR him for the year.

Neither of these guys are top 20 picks, so for rainierjef to feel they wouldn't be there in the late 20's I thought was a little assumptious.

Both Reid and Minter play postions where to be high 1st round picks you really have to be a.) a special height/weight/speed specimen and b) a true game changer on the field, neither guy fits the bill in both categories.
    Eric Reid could easily end up going in the top 20-25 picks.. Minter most likely would just sneak into RD 1, but its 100pct a possibility, especially the way hes played the past several wks, and all season for that matter.. Hes been a consistent force all yr long, and people are noticing.. I would be more suprirsed if he goes past the first 5 picks in the 2nd rd, then if hes still on the board..

+ Reply to Thread