+ Reply to Thread
Page 460 of 562 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470510560 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    You would take fauria in the first? I have seen limited tape on him, only because i have been bias and following Eifert like a hawk. How is his blocking, cause right now i have Eifert as the most improved blocking TE coming out this year followed by Toilolo and Ertz.
    He-ll no i woulden't take em in the 1st!!!!lol Where'd u get that from? I said i'd consider em in the 2nd or 3rd if we didn't go TE in RD 1.. Hes scored in 7of8 games, and puts up WR numbers at 6ft 7in 255lbs(room for weight) on a daily basis. Hes not a horrible blocker by any stretch, he just needs to get alittle bit better, which isn't unusual for college players.. I mean, if he was a great blocker, he'd be easily talked about as a 1st rder, with his size, athletic ability, and being a matchup nightmare.. He had no problem against a team that simply shut down Oregon's offense.. Theres really no team in football that has stopped Fauria.. Hes avg'd less then 10yrds a catch 1time this season, and more often then not, avg's 14-15yrds a catch.. At his size, thats pretty impressivve..

As far as minter goes, He's been rising for some time now al he needs to do is show and prove at the combine and I honeslty don't see him past 20. Surely a 3-4 team or a 4-3 team will take him after T'eo, same for Reid. Mark Barron went 7th a year ago, ( I am not saying reid is a better prospect than barron was coming out ) but teams are always looking for that guy to be the play making last line of defense in a passing league. I also don't see him going past 20. I think we are drafting mid to late 20's so you could be right, we will see.
    Ur right, Minters stocks been flying.. Its a matter of time, before its more people talking about em as a 1st rder.. He can cover, blitz, fight through traffic, hard hitter, makes plays...etc Hes pretty much a complete player...

Eric Reids stock steadily on the rise again as well.. Hes had some dud games earlier but has been pretty good for a few wk's now, and his potential is the highest of any safety in this class.. Were talking top 15 pick potential.. Size/Speed/Hard hitting..etc

Fantastic Article about KEVIN MINTER and what he means to his team(full of defensive stars).. This speaks volumes to what kinda player he is...

Oct 711:06AM ETBy Gary Laney | ESPN.com Recommend3 Comments3Email Print GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- When Kevin Minter left LSU's 14-6 loss to Florida with cramps in the third quarter, LSU was leading 6-0 and had stymied Florida's offense all day.

When he came trotting out of the locker room and into the game some 20 minutes later, the Tigers were behind 7-6 and Florida was driving again.

That's the kind of impact LSU's junior middle linebacker had on the game.
    [+] Enlarge

Kim Klement/US Presswire
    Linebacker Kevin Minter led the Tigers with 20 tackles against Florida.
    His 20-tackle day was the second best effort in LSU history, one tackle short of Al Richardson's school record set in 1982. What further illustrates Minter's contribution, though, is what happened when he left the game. Seams that Florida started to find with a misdirection running game -- Minter would often close the gaps in a heartbeat and turned promising plays into minimal gains -- turned into gaping holes. A Gators running game that had struggled to find ways to piece together a couple of good plays was, all of a sudden, gashing the LSU defensive front.

"He showed up with a tremendous game to help us try to take a win," defensive end Barkevious Mingo said. "But it takes a team effort. The team should've rallied around that and got him off the field."

He did get off the field, but not in the way he wanted. With LSU's offense going three-and-out on six straight possessions, Minter, like many of his defensive teammates, wore down and Florida's running game was ready to take advantage. It forced Minter to the locker room for intravenous fluids to solve a cramping issue in both legs on a hot, muggy day.

When he came back from the IV, Florida had scored and was driving again. His return didn't immediately stop the Gators -- running back Mike Gillislee scored the second of his two touchdowns -- but the Gators didn't score again.

"They took care of me [in the training room]," said Minter, who added that both of his legs locked up. "I was fine after that."

And Minter had done so much to take care of the Tigers before he went down.

With LSU stalling on offense and the Gators abandoning their vertical passing game after five sacks in the first half, Minter had ample opportunities to make stops.

Among his tackles were three for loss. In the second quarter, he had back-to-back sacks of Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel. When the Gators did sustain a drive, Minter was there to halt it, stripping Florida's Frankie Hammond of the ball at the LSU 20, killing the drive after teammate Kwon Alexander recovered it.

"I think Kevin played his butt off," LSU coach Les Miles said. "He has given us great leadership and he is the captain of our team. He is exactly what you want from a college football player."

That Minter is earning that kind of praise on a team so full of stars is remarkable. The Tigers entered the season with NFL draft picks all over the field, starting with defensive ends Sam Montgomery and Mingo, tackle Bennie Logan and defensive backs Eric Reid and Tharold Simon.

Minter's reputation fell somewhere behind all those players on a defense that's among the best in college football.

Halfway through the schedule, it's hard to argue now that he isn't LSU's best defensive player. Already the team leader in tackles coming into the Florida game, he's now threatening to run away with the lead at 54. He leads the team with 8.5 tackles for loss and now has two sacks.

Minter, perhaps subdued by the sting of defeat, was humble when taking questions about his performance.

"I was just working hard," he said, "and doing what I could for my team."

That he was so dominant is consolation on a night when the Tigers were knocked off their preseason pedestal.

If LSU can get its woeful offense on track, the solid play from Minter could make the Tigers every bit as formidable on defense as last season, when linebacker was considered a weakness. On Saturday, Lamin Barrow and Alexander also played well and were also, at some point, knocked out of the game because of minor injuries.

As Florida found something that worked with a misdirection rushing attack, LSU was losing linebackers -- "That misdirection running game, it kind of caught us on our heels a little bit," Minter said -- and their value to the defense became more apparent.

Already formidable on the defensive line and the secondary, the Tigers are now also getting elite play at linebacker, particularly from their rising star in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Fantastic Article about KEVIN MINTER and what he means to his team(full of defensive stars).. This speaks volumes to what kinda player he is...

Oct 711:06AM ETBy Gary Laney | ESPN.com Recommend3 Comments3Email Print GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- When Kevin Minter left LSU's 14-6 loss to Florida with cramps in the third quarter, LSU was leading 6-0 and had stymied Florida's offense all day.

When he came trotting out of the locker room and into the game some 20 minutes later, the Tigers were behind 7-6 and Florida was driving again.

That's the kind of impact LSU's junior middle linebacker had on the game.
    [+] Enlarge

Kim Klement/US Presswire
    Linebacker Kevin Minter led the Tigers with 20 tackles against Florida.
    His 20-tackle day was the second best effort in LSU history, one tackle short of Al Richardson's school record set in 1982. What further illustrates Minter's contribution, though, is what happened when he left the game. Seams that Florida started to find with a misdirection running game -- Minter would often close the gaps in a heartbeat and turned promising plays into minimal gains -- turned into gaping holes. A Gators running game that had struggled to find ways to piece together a couple of good plays was, all of a sudden, gashing the LSU defensive front.

"He showed up with a tremendous game to help us try to take a win," defensive end Barkevious Mingo said. "But it takes a team effort. The team should've rallied around that and got him off the field."

He did get off the field, but not in the way he wanted. With LSU's offense going three-and-out on six straight possessions, Minter, like many of his defensive teammates, wore down and Florida's running game was ready to take advantage. It forced Minter to the locker room for intravenous fluids to solve a cramping issue in both legs on a hot, muggy day.

When he came back from the IV, Florida had scored and was driving again. His return didn't immediately stop the Gators -- running back Mike Gillislee scored the second of his two touchdowns -- but the Gators didn't score again.

"They took care of me [in the training room]," said Minter, who added that both of his legs locked up. "I was fine after that."

And Minter had done so much to take care of the Tigers before he went down.

With LSU stalling on offense and the Gators abandoning their vertical passing game after five sacks in the first half, Minter had ample opportunities to make stops.

Among his tackles were three for loss. In the second quarter, he had back-to-back sacks of Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel. When the Gators did sustain a drive, Minter was there to halt it, stripping Florida's Frankie Hammond of the ball at the LSU 20, killing the drive after teammate Kwon Alexander recovered it.

"I think Kevin played his butt off," LSU coach Les Miles said. "He has given us great leadership and he is the captain of our team. He is exactly what you want from a college football player."

That Minter is earning that kind of praise on a team so full of stars is remarkable. The Tigers entered the season with NFL draft picks all over the field, starting with defensive ends Sam Montgomery and Mingo, tackle Bennie Logan and defensive backs Eric Reid and Tharold Simon.

Minter's reputation fell somewhere behind all those players on a defense that's among the best in college football.

Halfway through the schedule, it's hard to argue now that he isn't LSU's best defensive player. Already the team leader in tackles coming into the Florida game, he's now threatening to run away with the lead at 54. He leads the team with 8.5 tackles for loss and now has two sacks.

Minter, perhaps subdued by the sting of defeat, was humble when taking questions about his performance.

"I was just working hard," he said, "and doing what I could for my team."

That he was so dominant is consolation on a night when the Tigers were knocked off their preseason pedestal.

If LSU can get its woeful offense on track, the solid play from Minter could make the Tigers every bit as formidable on defense as last season, when linebacker was considered a weakness. On Saturday, Lamin Barrow and Alexander also played well and were also, at some point, knocked out of the game because of minor injuries.

As Florida found something that worked with a misdirection rushing attack, LSU was losing linebackers -- "That misdirection running game, it kind of caught us on our heels a little bit," Minter said -- and their value to the defense became more apparent.

Already formidable on the defensive line and the secondary, the Tigers are now also getting elite play at linebacker, particularly from their rising star in the middle
    heres the FL game

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    heres the FL game

THank U sir! Fantastic!

Whats everyone's take on Mike Gilislee RB Fla?? In fact, whats everyones take on the rb class this yr? If Eddie Lacy , Joseph Randle, Giovani Bernard, and Leveon Bell come out, to go with Steph Taylor, Montee Ball, Kenjon Barner, Jonathan Franklin, and Christine Michael, Mike Gillislee whos the best??

I'm having kind a tough time judging this yrs RB class.. I almost would want to wait and see who falls, because i think most of those guys are tough to distinguish, exactly whos the better value.. I forgot Andre Ellington, even though hes not that impressive to me...

If i had my choice, i'd probably go Eddie Lacy, Steph Taylor, Giovani Bernard, Montee Ball, Mike Gillislee,Kenjon Barner, Joseph Randle, Jonathan Franklin, Leveon Bell, Christine Michael, and Andre Ellington , in that order.. Thats just me personally.. Stephon Taylor is the most underrated RB in this class i believe, all though Jonathan Franklin is pretty underrated as well.. I do think we could use a bruiser back if we don't bring Brown back, and a guy like Eddie Lacy to go with David Wilson is mighty scary.. obviously we probably got bigger fish to fry, so RB early where Lacy would go, is probably outta the question..

RB is crazy this yr, and its not quite the class of last yr, by any stetch..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Whats everyone's take on Mike Gilislee RB Fla??
    He is a very good interior runner. Extremely patient.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-28-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Veteran
    I think we need... correction. It would be wise to take a RB somewhere in the mid-late rounds; more mid than late. Not sure If Bradshaw's legs can hold up as a full time starter, Andre Brown is starting to collect leg injuries that are wear and tear injuries ( meaning never 100% and will resurface upon high impact activity) and we don't know what we have with Scott. I might be being a little hasty as there are more pressing needs.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    flash back in time a little. " boy were we all wrong." =/
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...iders-practice

I know I was.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

flash back in time a little. " boy were we all wrong." =/
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...iders-practice

I know I was.
    I wasn't, I thought he was more of a 2nd round talent that was being over hyped because he was coming from such a great program. He's nowhere near the athlete that Patrick Willis, or even Luke Kuechly were, yet he was drafted like he was that kind of guy. Also I think he was more of a 3/4 LB that got miscast as a 4/3 guy, he even said predraft that he prefered the 3/4

+ Reply to Thread