+ Reply to Thread
Page 461 of 562 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471511561 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

I think the Giants were happy when Mcclain was picked because they didnt have to explain the pick to the fanbase ,I think they wanted Paul all along.

I was high on Titus Young coming out of the draft but take a look at this

Lions benched Titus Young for sabotaging their passing offense

Per Birkett, Young purposely lined up in the wrong place on the field “multiple times” during the Lions’ Week Eleven loss to Green Bay. He also “mouthed off” to receivers coach Shawn Jefferson before being benched for the final possession. Apparently upset that he wasn’t getting enough passes thrown his way, Young responded by attempting to sabotage the Lions’ passing offense.

Young’s teammates understandably don’t have his back anymore; top wideout Calvin Johnson indicated after the Thanksgiving game that he anticipates the Lions moving forward with rookie Ryan Broyles and newly acquired Mike Thomas in the lineup.

“It was nice to see some new playmakers in there making plays,” Johnson told the Detroit News. “We are going to keep progressing with these new guys in our receiver group.”

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I was high on Titus Young coming out of the draft but take a look at thisLions benched Titus Young for sabotaging their passing offensePer Birkett, Young purposely lined up in the wrong place on the field “multiple times” during the Lions’ Week Eleven loss to Green Bay. He also “mouthed off” to receivers coach Shawn Jefferson before being benched for the final possession. Apparently upset that he wasn’t getting enough passes thrown his way, Young responded by attempting to sabotage the Lions’ passing offense.Young’s teammates understandably don’t have his back anymore; top wideout Calvin Johnson indicated after the Thanksgiving game that he anticipates the Lions moving forward with rookie Ryan Broyles and newly acquired Mike Thomas in the lineup.“It was nice to see some new playmakers in there making plays,” Johnson told the Detroit News. “We are going to keep progressing with these new guys in our receiver group.”
    That's crazy. hard to believe that a NFL player would do that. As for McClain, I am fully opposed to taking a mlb in the first round. The situation would have to be ideal. There was a time jpp was being projected as the number 3 pick that year. Jpp and spiller were the guys I think we wanted. Of course, I wouldn't have liked the spiller pick either, most likely.

I was high on Titus Young coming out of the draft but take a look at this

Lions benched Titus Young for sabotaging their passing offense

Per Birkett, Young purposely lined up in the wrong place on the field “multiple times” during the Lions’ Week Eleven loss to Green Bay. He also “mouthed off” to receivers coach Shawn Jefferson before being benched for the final possession. Apparently upset that he wasn’t getting enough passes thrown his way, Young responded by attempting to sabotage the Lions’ passing offense.

Young’s teammates understandably don’t have his back anymore; top wideout Calvin Johnson indicated after the Thanksgiving game that he anticipates the Lions moving forward with rookie Ryan Broyles and newly acquired Mike Thomas in the lineup.

“It was nice to see some new playmakers in there making plays,” Johnson told the Detroit News. “We are going to keep progressing with these new guys in our receiver group.”
    What a slimey piece of human waste!

I think the Giants were happy when Mcclain was picked because they didnt have to explain the pick to the fanbase ,I think they wanted Paul all along.
    I was a big McClain guy myself.. I thought he was the Manti Te'o type exception that would be bigger for a 3/4, but moves around good enough to do the things nessecary to excel in either set(4/3-3/4)..

i was one of the rare ones on here that stuck up for JPP leading toward the draft, as most on here didn't want em at all, because of his expierence, and most of the praise for him coming on potential.. I delved deeper to find out things about him when he was in Jr College that fascinated me, like going to the hospital and having to have his helmet cut off, and then begging to go back to the game,a nd getting a doctors note to bring back to the game .. Showed the kinda class and determenation he had, and that was in a Jr College game!!!lol Also, i thought his production at S.FLA in only his first major season of Bigtime college football showed the signs of a player that was gonna only get better.. 6.5sacks and a bunch of TFL.. Now if that was yr 3 or something, maybe i'd wonder, but the fact he did that right outta the gates, and that Jr College story , and his motor to go with that build and athletic ability were enough to make me a believer..

Obviously Earl Thomas was my first choice, but i had no problems at all with JPP.. I either wanted Mike Iupati(whos been really good by the way), Earl Thomas, JPP, or McClain.. I wasne't a fan of Cj Spiller, for pickign where we were, and never thought he'd be a workhorse, toat the load type back, without getting injurys galore.. Not my type of back to take that early.. Guys like Trent Richardson, Marshawyn Lycnh, AP, are the kinda backs i prefer in the front half of RD 1...

Rumors that honey badger is going to declare for the draft. Bet he goes 7th round or ubdrafted. Interviews are critical for him

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Rumors that honey badger is going to declare for the draft. Bet he goes 7th round or ubdrafted. Interviews are critical for him
    Kiper and Mcshay are projecting him as a 3rd-4th rounder.

Eitherway I want him. I don't care if the percentages say he'll flame out and remain a malcontent, I love watching this guy play football

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I either wanted Mike Iupati(whos been really good by the way), Earl Thomas, JPP, or McClain.. I wasne't a fan of Cj Spiller, for pickign where we were, and never thought he'd be a workhorse, toat the load type back, without getting injurys galore.. Not my type of back to take that early.. Guys like Trent Richardson, Marshawyn Lycnh, AP, are the kinda backs i prefer in the front half of RD 1...
    That was the guy(Lupati) I thought we were gonna take when our pick rolled up, possibly Pouncey.

If you believe the articles, then it was CJ that Reese had his eye on. I was ok with almost all the guys you mentioned, but there was another guy who was widely suspected who I was not ok with and that was Derrick Morgan. A lot of this board felt we would take him over JPP, I was very vocal about JPP over Morgan.

I was wrong about some guys, like McClain. I also didnt want us to take Witherspoon, who has turned out quite well but my reasoning was sound. I felt Daryl Washington was just as good and was being very undervalued by scouts. I felt where he was being projected he was a better value.

The thing about McClain tho, and I am not saying he is good, but it is very hard to say a guy is a flop when he fails with the raiders. Over the last 2 decades how many great prospects has that organization chewed up and spit out? They are the worst developers of talent in the NFL. Its not even close. They throw rookies into the lineup on day 1, then change coaches and systems every other year. I have said for years, the Raiders are the organizatrion where Talent goes to die. They can go there out draft or as a free agent, it doesnt matter. McClain may never live up to his billing, but he could very easily move onto another team and prove to be a very good player. Furthermore, who knows how he would have turned out had he been drafted by an organization that actually develops and coaches it players up.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Kiper and Mcshay are projecting him as a 3rd-4th rounder.

Eitherway I want him. I don't care if the percentages say he'll flame out and remain a malcontent, I love watching this guy play football
    They are also both saying Teo is going first overall. Idiots the both of them

Veteran
    I can agree with this.
    Its noy like the kid was a slouch coming out of college, like some posters allude too in the Mcclain thread on tue regular forums. The kid was a top 10 pick by every major analyst, and rightfully so the measurables we great, the proday confirmed his skill/ athleticisim/ ability along with his production in college. Yes we don't draft need but we lost pierce the season before, and we were in the blind with goff and blackburn. Its not beyond the stretch of reality that the giants were high on this guy, and had he been there I think they would of taken the pro ready prospect over the raw prospect. Glad it turned out the way it did, as i for one was not thrilled with the JPP pick. Not cause of the player, but we were stacked at the position.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

+ Reply to Thread