+ Reply to Thread
Page 466 of 562 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

  1. #4651
    I know they lost, but today was the 1st time I saw the Texas defense play the way they were supposed to. Some of their talent has been hiding this season, not today.

  2. #4652
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,817
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I know they lost, but today was the 1st time I saw the Texas defense play the way they were supposed to. Some of their talent has been hiding this season, not today.
    announcers were raving about Kenny Vaccaro's play over the past several weeks.. I think hes the top rated saftey out there, as far as the draft people have.. I know u were dissapointed in his tackling against W.VA(jefferson was real bad against w.va as well), but Vaccaro has been as sound a tackler as theres been at S in the country... I really like em..

    Not as much as my guy, Baccari Rambo though!!!! YA!!!!lol

  3. #4653
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,817
    Nigel Malone CB K.ST can flat out play.. Hes got great instincts and i think he'll go alittle earlier then some think.. I mocked em 2 us a handful of times probably, but was worried about his size, but i'm not so worried about that, because if he gains like 5lbs , he'll be 5ft 10in 190lbs, and thats decent enough..

  4. #4654
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Giants, Falcons, Lions, Rams, Vikings and Bears have scouts in attendance for KState v Texas. #NFLDraft
    Thats good, becasue theres quite a few guys i liked in that game.. From Vaccaro to Malone, to Okafor to Arthur Brown..

  5. #4655
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    announcers were raving about Kenny Vaccaro's play over the past several weeks.. I think hes the top rated saftey out there, as far as the draft people have.. I know u were dissapointed in his tackling against W.VA(jefferson was real bad against w.va as well), but Vaccaro has been as sound a tackler as theres been at S in the country... I really like em..

    Not as much as my guy, Baccari Rambo though!!!! YA!!!!lol
    Kenny is a good player, but he had more bad games than just that WVA game where he got torched. There was a whole stretch of bad play there. In particular, that Oklahoma game. Remember what we were saying about Laundry Jones yesterday and how he plays poorly against good defenses? Well he had a GREAT day vs Texas and picked on Vaccaro quite a bit.

    I also wasnt a big fan of Kenny's early season criticism of Texas fans not being loud enough. That showed immaturity to me. It was a minor thing, but it still showed he might have some maturing to do. The 1 thing you NEVER do as a player is criticize your fanbase.

    I would also note that while he is a good safety moving forward and tackling. But, I do not think he made enough plays in the passing game this year. Not by a LONG shot. Teams didnt shy away from him either. He was given every opportunity to get some INTs, passes defended and pass breakups, yet he really didnt do much of any of that. Last night was his best game, in my opinion.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-02-2012 at 04:31 PM.

  6. #4656
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,817
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Kenny is a good player, but he had more bad games than just that WVA game where he got torched. There was a whole stretch of bad play there. In particular, that Oklahoma game. Remember what we were saying about Laundry Jones yesterday and how he plays poorly against good defenses? Well he had a GREAT day vs Texas and picked on Vaccaro quite a bit.

    I also wasnt a big fan of Kenny's early season criticism of Texas fans not being loud enough. That showed immaturity to me. It was a minor thing, but it still showed he might have some maturing to do. The 1 thing you NEVER do as a player is criticize your fanbase.

    I would also note that while he is a good safety moving forward and tackling. But, I do not think he made enough plays in the passing game this year. Not by a LONG shot. Teams didnt shy away from him either. He was given every opportunity to get some INTs, passes defended and pass breakups, yet he really didnt do much of any of that. Last night was his best game, in my opinion.
    See, i feel Jefferson hasen't made enough plays in either the pass or run game.. Vaccaro's been better overall..

    We differ in opinion on this one. I think Vaccaro is a better overall prospect then Tony Jefferson.. I think Vaccaro is a Kenny Phillips type player, who hopefully can stay healthy, unlike KP....

    I am on record as saying my boy Rambo didn't have a stellar game against Bama this past wk.. I still think hes the best S prospect in the country, and when said and done, it'll show...

  7. #4657
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,817
    My boy JORDAN LYNCH gets to show off his skills in the ORANGE BOWL against FLA ST! Dude, i am stoked about that matchup!!! It's gonna be crazy to get to see Lynch against such a touted defense!

    I have been saying JOrdan Lynch deserves some Heisman consideration a few days back, and to me, getting ur team into the ORANGE BOWL when ur from the MAC, and almost single handedly doing it, is not only worthy, but he should WIN..

    If i was a voter, i'd certainly vote for Jordan Lynch over Manziel and Te'o.. I mean, No ILL is in the freaking ORANGE BOWL!!! Chandler Harnish coulden't even do that.. This guys run for 19TDS and over 1500yrds and threw 24TDs and almost 3000yrds with only 5picks!!! This guy is the Heisman in my opinion! I actually think its a huge mess up if he dosent' win it.. Again, doing what he did statistically while bring a MAC team to the ORANGE BOWL, which could not happen against for 50yrs for all we know, is amazing!

    Its one of the most amazing things i've seen in all my yrs of watching college football, to be honest...

  8. #4658
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,817
    So, outside of the BCS bowl games, what games are u guys most excited about? Obviously, i'm most excited about the Nat Champ game and the Orange bowl, but this season has more interseting bowls then i've seen in some time.. Just a fantastic list!


    Heres the top 3bowls outside of the bcs bowls, i'm most excited about becuase of prospects and matchup..

    1. Alamo Bowl- Oregon St VS Texas- A couple guys that are at the top or right near the top of there respective positon in my personal rankings, square off in this one, with Kenny Vaccaro at S and Jordan Poyer at CB.. Also, i'm big Alex Okafor fan as well.. 3 prospects i would love in BLUE... Its a good matchup as well, and very tough to perdict the outcome..

    2. Chrick Fil A Bowl- LSU VS Clemson- Obviously a intriguing matchup, and prospect loaded.. Tahj Boyd, Sammy Watkins, Deandre Hopkins, Andre Ellington, Sam Montgomery, Eric Reid, Barkevious Mingo, Tharold Simon, Kevin Minter, just 2 name a few... Very fun matchup..

    3. Outback Bowl- S.Carolina VS Michigan- Another fun matchup, with a ton of prospects.. I like S.CAR a bit in this one, but MICH could surprise and give the game****s a game...

    Underrated bowl- Pinstripe Bowl- Syracuse vs W.Virginia and Holiday Bowl with UCLA vs Baylor...

  9. #4659
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,817
    I'm glad purdue got bowl eligible, as i want to see Kawaan Short on the big stage..

  10. #4660
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    My boy JORDAN LYNCH gets to show off his skills in the ORANGE BOWL against FLA ST! Dude, i am stoked about that matchup!!! It's gonna be crazy to get to see Lynch against such a touted defense!

    I have been saying JOrdan Lynch deserves some Heisman consideration a few days back, and to me, getting ur team into the ORANGE BOWL when ur from the MAC, and almost single handedly doing it, is not only worthy, but he should WIN..

    If i was a voter, i'd certainly vote for Jordan Lynch over Manziel and Te'o.. I mean, No ILL is in the freaking ORANGE BOWL!!! Chandler Harnish coulden't even do that.. This guys run for 19TDS and over 1500yrds and threw 24TDs and almost 3000yrds with only 5picks!!! This guy is the Heisman in my opinion! I actually think its a huge mess up if he dosent' win it.. Again, doing what he did statistically while bring a MAC team to the ORANGE BOWL, which could not happen against for 50yrs for all we know, is amazing!

    Its one of the most amazing things i've seen in all my yrs of watching college football, to be honest...
    How can you even argue against Manziel? The guy set an SEC record for yards and beat Alabama!...Nothern Illi played nobody

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts