+ Reply to Thread
Page 471 of 562 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Brennan Williams is gonna be fine..
    Hope so for him. But the medical check ups at the combine are key for him.

Veteran
    no way..lol U think Brennan WIlliams is now never gonna be back to what he was? Mike Whale played fine after coming back from Lat tear.. Andrew Gardner, a 2008 OT prospect from Ga Tech played with the injury for awhile before succumbing to it... There isn't any mock site or anyone even mentioning a drop later then maybe the 3rd on Brennan WIlliams..

I'm not even remotley concerned about it, to be honest.. so many QB's, who have to extend there arms and use every inch of there arm throwing the ball come back fine from it all the time.. There talking about him being ready for Postseason All Star games, let alone draft time and the combine...
    I am not talking out of my *** on this one. As a medical professional I think i would know this sort of stuff. It depends on the type of tear is it a horizontal or lateral tear, the inch depth/ width of the tear as well plays a role in the recovery process. Any damage to cartilage would make that site unable to retain 100% full function after surgery and ortho. Like i said what the medical examiners determine on him will tell us where he falls and I would rather see what the NFL examiners say first before any other 2-3rd option made by either himself or the school.

QB and OL are different in how they use their RC muscles, the QB uses more range of motion than the OL yes, but the OL meets resistance with weighted force when going up against other DL or 2, completely different degrees of use.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 12-08-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    I am having trouble rating the top five CB's. I know for a fact at the beginning of the season i had them as.
    1. David Amerson, North Carolina State
    2. Tyrann Mathieu, LSU
    3. Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
    4. Johnny Adams, Michigan State
    5. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State
    Mathieu is out of the picture, Amerson has disappointed a little to me, Adams sigh*
    tell me what you guys think I am going off the curve on this one.
    1. Demarucs Milliner, Alabama
    2. Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
    3. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
    4. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State
    5. David Amerson, North Carolina State
    and I have Tharold simon in at 6 and Kyle fuller at 7
    Last edited by rainierjef; 12-08-2012 at 02:30 PM.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Brennan Williams is gonna be fine.. He played with the injury for alot of the season and well might i add, up untill finally it was 2 much in the 4th qter of the Duke game..
    Well, you are welcome to guess how he will turn out. I wont because I have been through this injury. That article says absolutely nothing about the tear, just that it exists. In this case the devil is in the details, and we dont know them.

His having played through the injury means absolutely nothing either. This injury isnt like others. EVERY labrum tear is manageable for a time. However, playing with it puts a players rotator cuff at risk, since the labrum helps stablize the cuff. This is also a reoccuring injury. Athletes who have the surgery are far more likely to need more down the road.

And the 6-8 month timeframe is not accurate at all either, maybe for a normal person, but not a NFL player. That is how long it takes to have relative full opperation of the shoulder, NOT the full strength. There is little guarantee a player will ever have full strength. It all depends on where the tear is. To this day, 20 years after my surgery I still do the rehab excersices routinely because the moment I stop my shoulder immediately weakens. You can argue "the have made improvements" but the fact is the most common procedure today is the same 1 they did to me.

In my opinion, there are 2 types of athletes that shoulder tears of this nature can be extremely dangerous for careers. 1 is a lineman and the other is a wrestler(the mat wretler, not the tv crap). In both cases this injury CAN have a huge impact on a career, or it could be nothing. It all depends on the location/severity of the tear.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-08-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    1. Demarucs Milliner, Alabama
    2. Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
    3. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
    4. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State
    5. David Amerson, North Carolina State
    I think that is about right. I am not sure about the order exactly, but imho those are the top 5. I still hold Desmond Trufant in high regard as well.

I still want to see Poyer's measurables at the combine. I have seen him listed at 5'9 and also at 5'11. If he is 5'9ish he is likely a slot guy only and that would devalue him even tho he has played very well this year. In that case, Trufant moves him out of the top 5.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-08-2012 at 08:18 PM.

I don't think Amerson is a top CB prospect. I'm not even sure he projects as a FS. In terms of coverage skill he is like a 5th rounder

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Hope so for him. But the medical check ups at the combine are key for him.
    U see his dad yell at me on Twitter for saying its a serious injury . He told me to check my facts LOL. I got to watch myself I know some of these players keep tabs

Jmpasq ‏@Jmpasq
    Torn labrum is a serious injury for Brennan Williams a lot of players are never the same after that. Justin Tuck is a shadow of himself

Brent Williams ‏@bdub969391
    @Jmpasq NO it's not, Played 7 more years after the surgery - it's the most common injury with linemen in the nfl - check your facts
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-08-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Ha! thats amusing.

I didnt realize torn labrums were so common, lol.

Anyway, Mingo is a sort of strange prospect, clearly explosive as heck, but he doesnt translate that speed into power at all, If he could learn to use his speed to get under guys and drive them backward he is a Von Miller type of prospect. But he just doesnt. Flies up into a guy then its like he hits a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Ha! thats amusing.

I didnt realize torn labrums were so common, lol.

Anyway, Mingo is a sort of strange prospect, clearly explosive as heck, but he doesnt translate that speed into power at all, If he could learn to use his speed to get under guys and drive them backward he is a Von Miller type of prospect. But he just doesnt. Flies up into a guy then its like he hits a brick wall.
    I wonder if he should just switch to linebacker. He doesnt seem to be strong enough to play end. His tape is really mediocre this season not sure why everyone is still putting him in the Top 10

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I wonder if he should just switch to linebacker. He doesnt seem to be strong enough to play end. His tape is really mediocre this season not sure why everyone is still putting him in the Top 10
    you thinking another Vernon gholston issue, for the gaining organization?

@Katdaddyjay 17h

+ Reply to Thread