+ Reply to Thread
Page 472 of 562 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    you thinking another Vernon gholston issue, for the gaining organization?
    He could flame out, he is not that great with contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U see his dad yell at me on Twitter for saying its a serious injury . He told me to check my facts LOL. I got to watch myself I know some of these players keep tabs

Jmpasq ‏@Jmpasq
    Torn labrum is a serious injury for Brennan Williams a lot of players are never the same after that. Justin Tuck is a shadow of himself

Brent Williams ‏@bdub969391
    @Jmpasq NO it's not, Played 7 more years after the surgery - it's the most common injury with linemen in the nfl - check your facts
    heh thats funny. What a dad gonna do tho.

I'm pretty confident on this one, and that is that Brennan Williams will be totally fine, and hes either gonna make it or not based on his talent... I expect to see him workout at the combine, if not before, and this 2 be a thing of the past in no time.. Also, i'd be shocked if hes not taken in the first 3rds of this yrs draft, if not earlier.. I would personally take em the end of RD 2, and love the value we'd be getting, as hes gonna be a starting RT in the NFL in no time.

Theres really not a whole lotta info out there on Olineman with this injury? I mean, Mike Wahle had it, nad returned just fine.. Andrew Gardner, a 2008 prospect from Ga.Tech had it and played with it most of the season, but he was never anyone who had a huge stock,. and was taken in the 6th rd,. and has managed to stick around in the NFL ever since..

Again, i'd be shocked if half the teams in the NFL didn't pounce on the value of having a brennan williams there to pick up in the 3rd rd, if hes still there.. Thats value galore.. Especially if hes all ready playing in all star games and participating in the NFL combine..

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U see his dad yell at me on Twitter for saying its a serious injury . He told me to check my facts LOL. I got to watch myself I know some of these players keep tabs

Jmpasq ‏@Jmpasq
    Torn labrum is a serious injury for Brennan Williams a lot of players are never the same after that. Justin Tuck is a shadow of himself

Brent Williams ‏@bdub969391
    @Jmpasq NO it's not, Played 7 more years after the surgery - it's the most common injury with linemen in the nfl - check your facts
    thats funny as heck...lol I will say, i found a gazillion NFL players who had this injury.. There isn't a ton of Olineman though? Mike Wahle, Andrew Gardner, are 2of the only ones i found? Both were fine and Andrew Gardner is still in the NFL, and he wasen't that big of a prospect to begin with.. Anyhow, its fairly common, as i had about 12names, and i didn't write all the ones i found, and those were success stories..

Heres a article actually entitled NFL torn labrums common injury..lol

Scout.com: Torn Labrum Is a Common NFL injury
    mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=124&f=1930&t=995268 - Similar
    Seems like quite a few NFL players have suffered torm Labrum

Also, found out that STEFEN WISNEWSKI played his entire Rookie season with a torn labrum.. Also, Jared Allen and Ed reed are both playing with torn labrums as we speeak, and Jared Allen has had his for awhile.. Sidney RIce and Blaine Gabbet also have them.. I'd say its safe to say, its a common injury, and not much of a Career jepordizer... I haven't seen one player who had one, that has actually lost there career over it, let alone some one as young as Brennan Williams.. Shoot, Jonas Jennings had one, and did it later in his 20's, after alot of wear and tear, and still played 3more yrs in the NFL after that...

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I am having trouble rating the top five CB's. I know for a fact at the beginning of the season i had them as.
    1. David Amerson, North Carolina State
    2. Tyrann Mathieu, LSU
    3. Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
    4. Johnny Adams, Michigan State
    5. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State
    Mathieu is out of the picture, Amerson has disappointed a little to me, Adams sigh*
    tell me what you guys think I am going off the curve on this one.
    1. Demarucs Milliner, Alabama
    2. Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
    3. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
    4. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State
    5. David Amerson, North Carolina State
    and I have Tharold simon in at 6 and Kyle fuller at 7
    I still have JORDAN POYER ranked as my NUM 1 CB prospect.. Regardless of where hes taken, i have a feeling hes a guy we'll look back at, as we do in almost every draft, and say "man he should of went ahead of that guy".. POYER is a ball hawk extrodinaire with good size, athletic ability, and speed.. Hes really as complete as it comes, and i love those dual sport guys, like Russell Wilson, Deion Sanders, John Elway...etc..etc

Poyer had 7picks this yr, and mixes it up well in run support, and is big enough to handle the bigger NFL recievers, and is very smart and instinctive, and has a ton of ST value, as a KR and PR... This kid is underrated for some reason? He just makes plays on the field.. Hes got 13 career interceptions with a game to come at OREGON ST...

Man, it stings watching guys like Vick Ballard RB Indy turning into a nice steal in RD5, when we can't even get much positive yardage or any thing substantial outta our 1st rd pick... I loved Vick Ballard as a Sleeper, as did Redeye, and hes turning into quite the RB ... I thought he'd be gone before RD5, but colts nabbed em early 5th.. The colts had one heck of adraft.. They pounced on Dwayne Allen, as soon as we passed, almost like they couldent beleive we passed, as they just took a TE earlier in the draft, and then went out and got a game changer in T.Y Hilton to boot.. They added starting quality playmakers in RD1,2,3,4, and 5... And even Chandler Harnish played extremely well in the preseason as mr.irrelevant..(another kid most know i liked..)

The colts instantly chnaged there futur and fortunes in one single draft.. This is why i love the draft.. U do ur job right, and u can change ur fortunes real quickly.. I was angry we passed on Cordy Glenn and angry we passed on Dwayne Allen...

I don't even know what i'm rambling about, i'm just annoyed right now that we gotta must win against the freaking Saints today, and we have a brittle RB with nothing behind em, and a brittle WR, and know one really stepping up there either.. Rueben Randle or Jerrell Jerrnigan need to step up today! I went on high praise for Jerny in the offseason, and raved about the draft pick, and its time he start proving me right!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He could flame out, he is not that great with contact.
    I was thinking more of another Jet that got cut Maybin. He is really fast and super explosive but he doesnt finish plays and he gets swallowed up more then not.

Whats the take on sleepers this yr around here? We used to start a sleeper thread, but probably just put tha INFO right in this thread this yr, i suppose?

Bored , so i figured i'd write down some sleepers of mine... Sleepers can also be guys who are perdicted to go in ealyish rds, that u think are gonna be way better then where they are selected... Any sleepers out there, u guys excited about?

Chris Jones DT Bowling Green- This guy can flat out make plays.. Hes strong, but a bit undersized at listed 292 lbs.. Hes had a incredible season, and could offer value if he goes where projected, in the 4th-6th range..

Theo Rid**** RB N.Dame- Love the kid, and think he helps a team.. He can catch as well as run, and he runs harder then his size indicates.. Could be a nice additon to a duo or trio backfield..

Cierre Wood RB N.Dame- Sticking with the NDAME backfield, CIerre Wood has the more prototypical size u want outta a back, and was a prized recruit when coming out.. Has deceptive speed, and can keep it moving forward after first contact.. Solid mid to late rd RB in my opinion... Has a body type like Darren McFaddens, and is a long strider in the open field, and has decent cut back ability.. Decent reciever outta backfield...

Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- I like this kid as a reciever going forward.. He has frame to pile on a few more LB's, and could be a nice additon in the 5-7rd range.. A decent fall back option, if we dont go TE early..

DJ Swearinger S S.Carolina- Hes not a huge sleeper per say, but hes better then a few of the S's perdicted to go ahead of him, in my opinion.. Hes a strong , fundamentally strong kid, who is a key member of a really good defenses backfield.. He can really lay a hit and is involved in most plays it seems.. Not great ball skills, but decent, and isn't a weakness against the pass.. I'd say more of a all around safety, and not specializing in one or the other(pass or against run)..

Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas- Another RB , i know..lol This kid can take a hit and keep on moving, and has that MJD, R.Rice , D.Martin look about em, and i love those low center of gravity backs, that have some shiftiness to em as well.. He has taken over the backfield away from Knile Davis , despite some of that being Davis probably not recovering from injury as well as we hoped, still give em his props for that.. A hard runner, with deceptive speed, could be better pro then college player...

Adrian Bushell CB Louisville- A solid sized CB, who can make the plays against the pass, and was supposed to take over for Joe Haden at FLORIDA but followed Charlie Strong to Louisville.. THe kids been rising, and i expect him to continue that.. Reminds me alittle bit of another former Louisiville CB i liked alot and ended up with saints, Johnny Patrick, who went in RD3...

AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- I just like his gritty hard nosed approach and leadership qualities. he strikes me as the kinda guy who will always make it on to a team because of how hard he works, and the little things he does.. Not overly disimaler to our very own Chase Blackburn.. Good sized kid who can thump..

Jonathan Bostic ILB Florida- Another ILB i really like is Bostic.. Aggresive player, whos stout against run, and could be value on ST's as well.. I really like this kid...

Alec Lemon WR Syracuse
    Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse
    Earl Wolff S NC State
    Blaize Foltz G T.C.U
    LaAdrian Waddle OT Texas Tech
    Robbie Rouse RB Fresno St.
    Emory Blake WR Auburn
    Steve Greer LB Virignia
    Miguel Maysonet RB Stony Brook
    Ryan Griffin TE UCONN
    Everett Dawkins DT Florida St
    Kapron Lewis-Moore DE- possibly switch to DT in a 43 pro sceme?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Man, it stings watching guys like Vick Ballard RB Indy turning into a nice steal in RD5, when we can't even get much positive yardage or any thing substantial outta our 1st rd pick... I loved Vick Ballard as a Sleeper, as did Redeye, and hes turning into quite the RB ... I thought he'd be gone before RD5, but colts nabbed em early 5th.. The colts had one heck of adraft.. They pounced on Dwayne Allen, as soon as we passed, almost like they couldent beleive we passed, as they just took a TE earlier in the draft, and then went out and got a game changer in T.Y Hilton to boot.. They added starting quality playmakers in RD1,2,3,4, and 5... And even Chandler Harnish played extremely well in the preseason as mr.irrelevant..(another kid most know i liked..)

The colts instantly chnaged there futur and fortunes in one single draft.. This is why i love the draft.. U do ur job right, and u can change ur fortunes real quickly.. I was angry we passed on Cordy Glenn and angry we passed on Dwayne Allen...

I don't even know what i'm rambling about, i'm just annoyed right now that we gotta must win against the freaking Saints today, and we have a brittle RB with nothing behind em, and a brittle WR, and know one really stepping up there either.. Rueben Randle or Jerrell Jerrnigan need to step up today! I went on high praise for Jerny in the offseason, and raved about the draft pick, and its time he start proving me right!!!!!
    Man don't get me started on vick ballard, there was someone else on here that was a advocate of him just as much as i was. He would of been a good power back for us, and I think i have been extremely vocal about how knee jerking it was the decision after tampa jumped in front of us, no disrespect to the player wilson, he was a good prospect coming out of college and I think he will be good, but felt we could of went a different direction and still get a good back in another round.

edit: call me a broken record but i feel the difference in this offense would have been seen immediately with coby fleener, and if you add Fleener and Bennett, we could of seen the dual TE sets come back to NY. Dan campbell/Jeremy shockey (Howard cross)
    Last edited by rainierjef; 12-09-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

+ Reply to Thread