+ Reply to Thread
Page 483 of 562 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,830 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    To be fair, almost every positon in the NFL has plenty of guys producing that came from nowhere(easier to pick up as u say).. Look at guys like Asante Samuel(4th rd pick), Terrell Thomas(very late 2nd rd pick), Casey Hayward(late 2nd by Pack, i loved this kid! Looks like real deal), Tramon Williams(undrafted by pack), Tarrell Brown(5th rd by 49ers, and a solid starter), Captain Munneryln(former 7th rd pick of Panthers, and giving em great value as a starter from that draft slot)....etc...etc

I could go on and on like this, and these are just a few of the starters from CB positon that were taken mid to late 2nd and down to 7th rd.. Just off the top of my head..

Obviously u could do the same thing with Oline, and any positon, but my point is, u can't think like its easier to fill a certain positon here or there.. If we fill CB in FA'cy, then fine, and if we fill Oline in FA'cy, then fine, but neither is easier to fill, and its gonna take finding guys in FA'cy and in the draft that are value picks, and pickups, and try to get as many positons filled for future as possible.. There is no such thing as easier to fill, in my opinion..
    I think what i was trying to say is OL in FA you can get some veteran guys that can come in and be smart enough to learn the offense faster and contribute faster i.e Locklear. As opposed to CB, teams will lock up good CB's before they can even allow them to hit FA, unless the money is just too much to retain that player i.e Nnamdi; kind of how Redeye said the top three valuable positions QB/Pass rusher/CB.

I think this is the first Draft upcoming year where I've noticed we have so many holes due to age, injury and declining performance. I don't know how we are going to fill them. The draft might not be enough and the cap hits we have next year even with cutting guys might cripple the decisions we should or should make.

I am curious of what do you guys think of Will Sutton on our defensive line?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    My boys playing tonight (ucf). Let me know what ya think

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I think what i was trying to say is OL in FA you can get some veteran guys that can come in and be smart enough to learn the offense faster and contribute faster i.e Locklear. As opposed to CB, teams will lock up good CB's before they can even allow them to hit FA, unless the money is just too much to retain that player i.e Nnamdi; kind of how Redeye said the top three valuable positions QB/Pass rusher/CB.

I think this is the first Draft upcoming year where I've noticed we have so many holes due to age, injury and declining performance. I don't know how we are going to fill them. The draft might not be enough and the cap hits we have next year even with cutting guys might cripple the decisions we should or should make.

I am curious of what do you guys think of Will Sutton on our defensive line?
    Ya, locklear has been solid , but the giants offensive line as a whole has been bad this yr.. Also, we were last in Rushing last yr, as well.. We need to sure up that Oline with legit talented players..

You can find CB's that can help via 2nd-5th rd, just as easy as any positon, becuase theres a ton of talented CB's.. Altterun Verner was a 5th rd pick, and is a FA after this yr, and would be a great pickup for us as well..

Ya, locklear has been solid , but the giants offensive line as a whole has been bad this yr.. Also, we were last in Rushing last yr, as well.. We need to sure up that Oline with legit talented players..

You can find CB's that can help via 2nd-5th rd, just as easy as any positon, becuase theres a ton of talented CB's.. Altterun Verner was a 5th rd pick, and is a FA after this yr, and would be a great pickup for us as well..
    U just have to know who to draft. Many loved Casey Hayward i know I and Sportzfan did and went late 2nd round. I would of rather had him then David Wilson. Honestly they may of been able to get both if Reese would explore trades more. 1 thing that really bothers me about him.I felt he reached twice in that draft. He is making luxury picks while the foundation of the team is crumbling. David Wilson, a split time back isnt really good value for a 1st round pick. Then he reached on the TE Robinson , Is he on the Team? The last 2 drafts have not been good and its why this team is in trouble. U expect Austin to be a starter next season but he is a bust. Jernigan a bust. Prince and Jwill are the only 2 quality players from that draft. U need to get 2 quality starters from each draft to field a solid team.Not only that but they are getting nothing from number of these picks not even rotational worthy guys

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U just have to know who to draft. Many loved Casey Hayward i know I and Sportzfan did and went late 2nd round. I would of rather had him then David Wilson. Honestly they may of been able to get both if Reese would explore trades more. 1 thing that really bothers me about him.I felt he reached twice in that draft. He is making luxury picks while the foundation of the team is crumbling. David Wilson, a split time back isnt really good value for a 1st round pick. Then he reached on the TE Robinson , Is he on the Team? The last 2 drafts have not been good and its why this team is in trouble. U expect Austin to be a starter next season but he is a bust. Jernigan a bust. Prince and Jwill are the only 2 quality players from that draft. U need to get 2 quality starters from each draft to field a solid team.Not only that but they are getting nothing from number of these picks not even rotational worthy guys
    The only real problem i have with Reese is Last yrs draft.. As u said, i just didn't like the value of alot of the early rd pciks.. I also didn't like the Randle pick, as he just seemed like another guy to me, and not a WR that is a threat to tear it up wk after wk like Nicks nad Cruz are, and thats what i want outta my 2nd rd pick.. The adrien robinson and david wilson picks were the worst, value wise in my opinon.. They really bothered me the most.. I like Hosley, but more so because of the value, and the fact i felt at least we got Hosley in a spot where i thought he should be going, and not a guy i thought we kinda reached for(even though we didn't reach for randle, but i personally felt Randle was 4th rd talent)..

I actually feel like Jerrnigan and Austin were good picks, value wise, and potential wise, but they just didn't work out. I know sometimes u can make good picks and they simply don't work out, as its that hard a bussniess to perdict, as these guys are so close talent wise.. Still though, there not producing, adn that is what GM's get judged by, so i here ur point... I still liked the picks though...

But ya, the bottom line is, we gotta have a good Reese draft this yr.. Like a 2007 type good.. And i'd like to hit on another UDF or 2 as well.. Remember when i say "HIT", i mean helpful part to the team type, and if ends up more then that, fine...

As for Casey Hayward, i agree(as u know), that i'd rather have him then David Wilson.. U probably remember i had Hayward as a surprise 1st rd pick(guy i thought could surprise as 1st rd pick), and had em as my 2nd RANKED CB in personal rankings.. I raved about him almost as much as Doug Martin..lol I feel the same way about Jordan Poyer, i did about Hayward.. Strong, athletic, smart, ball skills...etc

Anyways, real good post redeye..

Man, whos this Jamar Taylor CB Boise St kid? 5ft 11in 196lb SR, who has 4picks 11pass defended, 2.5 sacks!!! Dude made a couple sweet plays against the Run in BOWL GAME against WASHINGTON, and Herby and Musberger were raving about his Ball Skills and how a guy with his ball skills can come up and support the run like he does..etc They really liked em alot..

I never heard of em, and see he is a SR.. Why haven't we heard more about him? Jeez, he seems really good!

I am stuck on DE for now, but if we are 2 go anything other then DE, then my absoulute dream mock(meaning a chance to actually happen, but barley a chance, teetering on line of realistic and not realistic), would be this...

1. Chance Warmack G Alabama- I just really think this kid would help David Wilson and rest of RB's alot, and he pass protects as well.. Hes a freaking beast!! Not to often, a dream mock would have a G at top of it..lol REmember this is dream mock if we don't go DE...

2. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St- If u told me Casey Hayward was gonna last as long as he did, i'd of thought u nuts as well..lol If poyers there, i would love to add em.. Hes very athletic, having been baseball player for Org St as well, and hes got ball skills, size and speed..etc Hes freaking awesome!

3. Brandon Jenkins DE Florida St- If were picking 20th-last in 1st rd, i love the value of a Brandon Jenkins... He obviously has the injury to come back from, but has enough size and speed to be a great comp opposite JPP.. I think he could play either 34 or 43...

4. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Again, dream mock if we don't go DE in RD 1, and Hill isn't totally out of question to be there this late, all though highly unlikely.. Jenkins and Hill would give us 2 g uys who can get to the QB , which bottom line, we need.. Hill fits almost perfectly next to Linval, giving us a great mix of strengths...

5. Devonte Holloman LB S.Carolina- A sleeper of mine, this guy would fit well with us.. Hes got expierence at S, but outgrew the positon, so obviously has some background in coverege and has great size, comes from good defensive team , and would be able to be on field in all 3 downs.. I think hes got alot of potential as a pro...The bigger and stronger hes got, hes been able to maintain his speed.. This kid could rise by draft time..

6. Vance McDonald TE Rice- Keep a eye on this kid come draft time.. A big strong TE 6ft 6in 260lbs who is a heck of a reciever as well.. Serious sleeper alert!

7. Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock- Redeye put me on 2 em, and i fell in love.. i think he and David Wilson could make for heck of a duo going forward, and possibly trio if Andre Brown comes back..

I am stuck on DE for now, but if we are 2 go anything other then DE, then my absoulute dream mock(meaning a chance to actually happen, but barley a chance, teetering on line of realistic and not realistic), would be this...

1. Chance Warmack G Alabama- I just really think this kid would help David Wilson and rest of RB's alot, and he pass protects as well.. Hes a freaking beast!! Not to often, a dream mock would have a G at top of it..lol REmember this is dream mock if we don't go DE...

2. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St- If u told me Casey Hayward was gonna last as long as he did, i'd of thought u nuts as well..lol If poyers there, i would love to add em.. Hes very athletic, having been baseball player for Org St as well, and hes got ball skills, size and speed..etc Hes freaking awesome!

3. Brandon Jenkins DE Florida St- If were picking 20th-last in 1st rd, i love the value of a Brandon Jenkins... He obviously has the injury to come back from, but has enough size and speed to be a great comp opposite JPP.. I think he could play either 34 or 43...

4. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Again, dream mock if we don't go DE in RD 1, and Hill isn't totally out of question to be there this late, all though highly unlikely.. Jenkins and Hill would give us 2 g uys who can get to the QB , which bottom line, we need.. Hill fits almost perfectly next to Linval, giving us a great mix of strengths...

5. Devonte Holloman LB S.Carolina- A sleeper of mine, this guy would fit well with us.. Hes got expierence at S, but outgrew the positon, so obviously has some background in coverege and has great size, comes from good defensive team , and would be able to be on field in all 3 downs.. I think hes got alot of potential as a pro...The bigger and stronger hes got, hes been able to maintain his speed.. This kid could rise by draft time..

6. Vance McDonald TE Rice- Keep a eye on this kid come draft time.. A big strong TE 6ft 6in 260lbs who is a heck of a reciever as well.. Serious sleeper alert!

7. Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock- Redeye put me on 2 em, and i fell in love.. i think he and David Wilson could make for heck of a duo going forward, and possibly trio if Andre Brown comes back..
    Here's a recent scouting report on Mcdnoald that I found on ESPN:
    "McDonald missed two games with an undisclosed injury in 2009, two with a shoulder injury in 2010 and three with a foot injury this season, so durability is an issue. He doesn't appear to have great top-end speed or burst but has the frame (6-5, 255) to develop into an every-down tight end.
    He is an effective positional blocker who can cover up linebackers at the second level, and there's a lot to like about McDonald's ability to work the middle of the field. He has an above-average feel for coverage and does a nice job uncovering when zone defenses try to collapse on him.

He handles contact well, has reliable hands and is tough to bring down after the catch. The Senior Bowl should provide him with an opportunity to move past Otten on our board."
    Last edited by juice33s; 12-23-2012 at 12:43 PM.

A few more recent reports froms ESPN's scout's inc Steve Muench on some guys we've discussed:
    JONTHAN BANKS
    Banks has an above-average blend of length (6-foot-2⅛, 185 pounds), ball skills and instincts. There is some concern about his ability to stay with quicker receivers into and out of breaks, but he has enough foot speed to match up with bigger receivers and is big enough to line up at safety, which he has done at times with the Bulldogs.
    He is the No. 2 corner on our board and this year's Thorpe Award winner, which is given annually to the best defensive back in college football. He didn't play like it against Ole Miss in the season finale, though. Banks lost a battle for a 50-50 ball downfield, resulting in a 42-yard gain, and he was beaten over the top for a touchdown after biting on play-action on the Rebels' opening drive of the game.

Banks is willing and active in run support and plays a physical style in coverage, but he will have to assure scouts of his movement skills in order to lock down a spot in the first round.

PHILLIP THOMAS:
    Thomas missed the entire 2011 season after breaking his leg and dislocating an ankle during the preseason, and those injuries played a role in him not receiving a full evaluation heading into this season. However, look for his grade to jump once we get a chance to fully break down his 2012 film.

He leads the nation with eight interceptions -- three of which he turned into touchdowns -- and while critics will point out that three picks in the Colorado game inflated that number, he is still a ball hawk with above-average hands, instincts and range for a safety prospect.

Thomas can do a better job of wrapping up as a tackler at times, but he fills hard in run support and has good size at 6-0 and 208 pounds. Finally, he shows good closing speed and the ability to deliver the big hit when he blitzes.

He could be headed for a mid-round grade before all is said and done.

Veteran

Why did you move away from Michael Williams TE bama ?
    Also I doubt poyer leaves the top 10 of the second round, if not late first depending on what he does at the combine.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

+ Reply to Thread