+ Reply to Thread
Page 485 of 562 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Margus Hunt looking like he's on his way to another monster bowl game and his draft stock is officially on the rise

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Man, i don't know what this team can do to make themselves better next yr, but they need to start by getting rid of teh Old Guard and building around Joseph, JPP, Prince, ELI, Beatty, and Jaquain Williams, and maybe a couple others to start.. I mean a complete over haul...

This mock , i'm not even taking a DE, and i'm gonna hope we can find a DE in FA'cy that can at least help out and maybe be a surprise, becuase i think Alec Ogletree is the player that would make the biggest impact via draft for this defense.. he helps every aspect of teh defense, and i know JPP would love em, for his physical style of play and intimidator attitude.. U put JPP on the DLINE with this guy on the LB core and Prince at CB, and at least u got a player in each area of the defense that can flat out play and build with.. So without futher adu, heres this WK's mock...

1). Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia- a stud of studs, who has grown on me to the point, i see pat willis, rey lewis , type potential.. Hes 6ft 3in 236 lbs, has room to add to his Weight, and is so athletic, i doubt it effects his speed or pursuit skills.. This could be our shot to have a true stud LB in the middle yet again, a leader, a play maker, a run stopper, the whole shabang.. this guy reminds me of a play making missle..

2). Dallas Thomas T/G Tennesee- I think Barrett Jones will be gone, but am more then happy getting this verstaile stud..

3). Baccari Rambo S Georgia- I love em as a S prospect, as hes a playmaker with solid size and speed, and very solid all around game.. Hes one of those guys i could easily see teams wondering why they let em last as long as he did on draft day.. Ogletree and Rambo make for a nice playmaking duo , and turnover creating machine for the giants D going forward..

4). Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Keep loading up on players that can make plays and change games.. Hill just seems like the perfect additon next to Linval Joseph going forward in my opinion..

5). Devonte Holloman LB S.Carolina- Another SEC player, who is versatile, has spent time at S and LB, and has great size/speed combonation, and would be a beast on ST's.. Holloman is very underrated and i think would make this defense better when hes on the field..

6). Vance McDonald TE Rice- spoke about em before, hes a underrated pass catcher who has size to become elite blocker and all around TE on NFL level..

7). Wes Horton DE USC- If on the board this late, not a bad upside pick.. Could be come a solid rotational DE, with chance for more.. Has the length to possibly add more weight as well..
    I had similar mock
    ogeltree/fluker/rambo/hill/malone

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLUE24 View Post
    I had similar mock
    ogeltree/fluker/rambo/hill/malone
    Ya, u got a solid mock as well.. My mock changes a bit weekly as i get my take on the giants weekly. I haven't always felt so strongly about Ogletree and the giants taking a MLB in the 1st, but i've changed my mind, because i believe the giants need game changers on defense, and i think Ogletree is one of the biggest future game changers in this draft.. I really liked Sean Weatherspoon as a prospect, and would of been fine with us taking him and hes ended up being a very good pick by ATLANTA, and key contributor in there defene becoming a solid unit..

Ramb, Ogletree, and Hill would make alot of plays on this defense, and have to be accounted for, and u add in JPP , Linval, and Prince, and thats a solid nucleus of guys right there...

Also, we got so many issues , that just getting the most talented players might be the way to go, without totally going with a non need, and i think Alec Ogletree might be the best player available in our range.. I think as the draft approaches Ogletree will gain steam as a prospect as well.. Rambo also...

Ya, u got a solid mock as well.. My mock changes a bit weekly as i get my take on the giants weekly. I haven't always felt so strongly about Ogletree and the giants taking a MLB in the 1st, but i've changed my mind, because i believe the giants need game changers on defense, and i think Ogletree is one of the biggest future game changers in this draft.. I really liked Sean Weatherspoon as a prospect, and would of been fine with us taking him and hes ended up being a very good pick by ATLANTA, and key contributor in there defene becoming a solid unit..

Ramb, Ogletree, and Hill would make alot of plays on this defense, and have to be accounted for, and u add in JPP , Linval, and Prince, and thats a solid nucleus of guys right there...

Also, we got so many issues , that just getting the most talented players might be the way to go, without totally going with a non need, and i think Alec Ogletree might be the best player available in our range.. I think as the draft approaches Ogletree will gain steam as a prospect as well.. Rambo also...
    With Ogletree you have a guy that started out playing safety so he is definitely more athletic than your run of the mill ILB. I'm just wondering where Reese's head is going to be in this draft. I understand going pass rusher but our linebacking corps has been a weakness for far too long. We need someone to plug the middle because we have been getting killed there for awhile.

I also think that after watching Eli get beat up on this last stretch might have Reese jumping for an offensive lineman, especially after they invested in David Wilson. It would be strange to see one taken in the first round, but who knows, even though a solid offensive lineman would be there in round 2 or even 3.

As you said there are so many problems right now it is hard to say. Hopefully Reese gets a handle on free agency fast and that way there is a clearer picture in which direction they go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    With Ogletree you have a guy that started out playing safety so he is definitely more athletic than your run of the mill ILB. I'm just wondering where Reese's head is going to be in this draft. I understand going pass rusher but our linebacking corps has been a weakness for far too long. We need someone to plug the middle because we have been getting killed there for awhile.

I also think that after watching Eli get beat up on this last stretch might have Reese jumping for an offensive lineman, especially after they invested in David Wilson. It would be strange to see one taken in the first round, but who knows, even though a solid offensive lineman would be there in round 2 or even 3.

As you said there are so many problems right now it is hard to say. Hopefully Reese gets a handle on free agency fast and that way there is a clearer picture in which direction they go.
    ya, Oline is certainly a possiblity, and i'd be fine with Eric Fisher OT C.Michigan, Chance Warmack G Bama, or Taylor Lewan OT Michigan in RD 1, but for now, i'm going with Ogletree.. As u said, our LB's haven been a weakness for a few yrs, and the one thing the giants have had through most yrs i've been a fan(since 1990), is at least one stud LB if not more... Weather its LT, Banks, and Pepper, or Jesse Armstead, or Michael Barrow, or Antonio Pierce, they've always had a stud... Now, we got the Invisible man in Kiwi, and Boley, whos solid if not unspectacular, and Blackburn who needs to be upgraded in my opinon..

Ogletree would have a chance to be the best LB we've had outside of LT ever, i think.. I'm that high on him as a player... Like u said, the fact he actually played some S shows his all around ability as he can cover as well as fill the gaps on run downs, and most importantly, make plays..

What i mean by we got so many needs mines as well take the most talented player that at least is at a positon of some need, is that we aren't fixing all of our issues in one draft, and issues change so qucikly, that taking a DE isn't nessecarily the best move we could make.. Sure, Ansah and Okafor are guys i like and would love to have, but a guy like Ogletree is a guy who i think can do so many diffrent things for u, and its hard to find super impactful MLB's in a 43 defense, that hes worth the risk.. For all we know, at this time next yr, if nothing changed, LB could be our biggest need..

Ogletree is gonna to be a stud player, i can feel it! Jaquain Williams at WLB, Ogletree at MLB, and Kiwi or even Chase Blackburn at SLB is a solid starting trio in my opinon going forward, and a unit that will make many plays and can do many things on a football field...

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Margus Hunt looking like he's on his way to another monster bowl game and his draft stock is officially on the rise
    I dont get why he only plays like this is in Bowl games. The physical talent is clearly there

Veteran
    Also, i was wondering what u thought of rest of draft? What if i put Ansah or Okafor in RD 1 spot, and left rest the same, would that make the diffrence for you? I'll keep Wes Horton at the end as well..
    Yea I just feel like we have to come out of this draft with a top flight pass rusher. When it comes to rambo thst will depend on what happens with kp rolle.. not sure that ol can be solved via fa, so the thomas pick is good. I just don't care for a mlb in the first just like i never want a 1st round rb and safety might be an afterthought if we retain rolle kp hill brown. That's enough solid players for that unit

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Yea I just feel like we have to come out of this draft with a top flight pass rusher. When it comes to rambo thst will depend on what happens with kp rolle.. not sure that ol can be solved via fa, so the thomas pick is good. I just don't care for a mlb in the first just like i never want a 1st round rb and safety might be an afterthought if we retain rolle kp hill brown. That's enough solid players for that unit
    I doubt were keeping KP and Rolle.. TO have that much money invested in 2 guys who aren't game changers is silly.. They've done nothing to help against the pass this yr... I don't really see the S unit as solid at all to be honest.. What does Will Hill and KP and Rolle do that is so solid? Stevie Brown has made plays, and i'd bring him back for sure, but the other 3 have done nothing to be called solid...

Veteran
    I doubt were keeping KP and Rolle.. TO have that much money invested in 2 guys who aren't game changers is silly.. They've done nothing to help against the pass this yr... I don't really see the S unit as solid at all to be honest.. What does Will Hill and KP and Rolle do that is so solid? Stevie Brown has made plays, and i'd bring him back for sure, but the other 3 have done nothing to be called solid...
    Kp doesnt give up the big play which forces opposing offenses to have long drive down the field which provides more chances for other guys on the defense to create turnovers.

Well Stevie Brown has a handful of tipped balls go right to him. I believe he's created 3 interceptions with reading and undercutting routes. Which is decent. But id just hesitate before saying his kind of production is repeatable.

I do think the best trio would be Brown, KP, and Hill.

Rolle gets paid far too much to keep. Could resign the other three for less than Rolle makes on his own
    Last edited by slipknottin; 12-26-2012 at 11:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread