+ Reply to Thread
Page 487 of 562 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497537 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    [quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]

Newton is a project IMO. Needs some development. He reminds me of michael vick/vince young. He has amazing arm strength but his accuracy isn't his strong point. His mechanics and footwork needs a lot of refinement. Too many times I've seen his receivers have to slow down or adjust to his passes and he's not really a pocket QB. Also (imo) a project's success is determined on the team that drafts him (a good organization with a respectable coaching staff) and that players' intangibles. He does have some red flags because of what his father did.

Newton has tremendous athleticism, arm strength, and size but still pretty raw. He will not start in the NFL immediately. Definitely has amazing upside tho

Hes completing almost 70pct of his pass's... Thats pretty darn accurate..
    [/quote]Yeah for the things they ask him to do he is magnificent. My only thing is they dont ask him to do NFL types of reads and his receivers dont run NFL routes. Thats not his fault Im just saying[/quote] yes, u have made that point quite clear...lol It dosen't change the fact hes hitting his recievers on the move, with guys coming on him, ala the kentucky td pass that was amazing as a Defender litteraly was just about on him and he threw it while scrambling right on the money.. What QB can make that throw? seriously? And speaking of timing patterns, how about his TD pass in the Clemson game, where he freaking gunned it as hard as i seen a QB gun a pass for a 6yrd td pass to the just inside right hashmark, to the point the REF said the WR was out of bounds(a corner was litteraly on his back by the way) and replay clearly showed the feet in... It was just a shot gun get the ball and a second later gun it to where the WR is supposed to be... I mean, the guys made every play, maybe not as much as some would like, but theres evidence of every type of play and throw made from this kid.. The TD pass against KU and Ole Miss are flat out, ******edly sickening good, and i don't know if any player in this Country can make the same throws... I believe in, if your a Good PLayer, your gonna be good, as its just in your blood and your destiny to be good... Cam Newtons just a good player, who can make all the throws, can improvise, and has extremely awesome measurables and speed, and is 100times more accurate at his age then Mike Vick was at the same time, plus he has the advantage of seeing over most defenders, as mike vick can't do that... Dudes stupid accurate, and i've been writing about this kid since like the 2nd wk of the season and had money on just about every game hes played in, so i've seen just about every play from him, and wk by wk, i just kept wanting to see one more thing, to make me a total believer and every wk i was left satisfied and seeing that one more thing... I am 100pct completely satisfied and i would draft him in a Heart beat if i was a GM looking for a QB.. I'd take him over every QB except Luck...[/QUOTE] I was looking for the guy i had the BET with about Mercilus/Perry(most sacks for yr, i got mercilus), and i found this debate about CAM NEWTON we had back in early DEC of 2010, and i am shocked at the draft gurus on here who debated with me about NEWTON starting right awy and being able to do everything needed as a NFL QB to succeed.. Newton's been brilliant obviously, and can really throw it, and run it.. I think Carolina is happy with there selection and starting him from day 1..

Dude, u guys gotta go back and read a couple pages from this thread..lol The older stuff of course.. Some stuff makes my head spin, and some stuff was right on point..etc

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Completely disagree, the giants do not give up big plays with KP in the game. He breaks down and makes tackles in the open field, and takes away everything deep.
    That Ray Rice TD in the first half doesnt happen if Phillips was playing

Ya, Otten is really good..

The QB for Bowling Green is terrible.. Matt Schilz is his name.. My lord!lol David Fales is alot of fun to watch
    Fales is crazy accurate. His receivers really sucked tonight

Does Anyone Remember who i had the bet with about WHitney Mercilus and Nick Perry Sack total? I had Mercilus to have more sacks then perry and vice versa for the other guy, and i am gonna win, even though i knew it 100pct that mercilus was gonna be a beast... Hes forced 2ffs and has 6sacks and has been a force since getting regular snaps as season progressed...

I think it was Juice, but i could be wrong? I gotta pick the dudes avatar and i'd like to collect...lol
    How about that Bruce Irvin, I think %99 of the world was amazed With that pick & he looks like the real deal, as a pass rusher anyways...

Does Anyone Remember who i had the bet with about WHitney Mercilus and Nick Perry Sack total? I had Mercilus to have more sacks then perry and vice versa for the other guy, and i am gonna win, even though i knew it 100pct that mercilus was gonna be a beast... Hes forced 2ffs and has 6sacks and has been a force since getting regular snaps as season progressed...

I think it was Juice, but i could be wrong? I gotta pick the dudes avatar and i'd like to collect...lol
    Wasn't me, I never had much of an opinion on Nick Perry. Going in to the draft I thought that Bruce Irvin was the best pass rusher available and Chandelor Jones was the best DE prospect available....

Oh and Sportsfan, if you check page 339 I think you'll find what you're looking for
    Last edited by juice33s; 12-28-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    That Ray Rice TD in the first half doesnt happen if Phillips was playing
    Kenny Phillips dosen't do anything.. He makes barley any plays, is always hurt, and we certainly give up alot of big plays with him in the game.. U guys are giving him way to much credit.. Hes solid tackler, even though he had the worst missed tackle i've ever seen in my life against brent celek a yr or 2ago(can't remember when?), but hes certainly not been worth the 1st rder we spent on em, and i have no problem saying good bye to the guy..

KP might look a bit better because he hasen't played all that much this yr, when we've had zero pass rush all season long, but in games hes been in, when we weren't getting pressure, he wasen't skilled enough to make a diffrence and we got sliced and diced with him back there.. We need someone who can at least be somewhat impactful on games we don't have a pass rush..

And speaking of KP, he was involved in that TB game, where Vincent Jackson went off, and there were not one but 2 long TD's through the air to sepreate wr's...

HEAVYHITTER has to let me choose a SIG for him and he has to rock it for 6months!!!lol Mercilus has 6sacks and Perry only 2 so far.. Therefore, i am going to win! I gotta get up with him to let em know i haven't forgotten!!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Wasn't me, I never had much of an opinion on Nick Perry. Going in to the draft I thought that Bruce Irvin was the best pass rusher available and Chandelor Jones was the best DE prospect available....

Oh and Sportsfan, if you check page 339 I think you'll find what you're looking for
    Thanks juicy! It was Heavyhitter..lol

Kenny Phillips dosen't do anything.. He makes barley any plays, is always hurt, and we certainly give up alot of big plays with him in the game.. U guys are giving him way to much credit.. Hes solid tackler, even though he had the worst missed tackle i've ever seen in my life against brent celek a yr or 2ago(can't remember when?), but hes certainly not been worth the 1st rder we spent on em, and i have no problem saying good bye to the guy..

KP might look a bit better because he hasen't played all that much this yr, when we've had zero pass rush all season long, but in games hes been in, when we weren't getting pressure, he wasen't skilled enough to make a diffrence and we got sliced and diced with him back there.. We need someone who can at least be somewhat impactful on games we don't have a pass rush..

And speaking of KP, he was involved in that TB game, where Vincent Jackson went off, and there were not one but 2 long TD's through the air to sepreate wr's...
    Your a stat guy so here is some Stats

Giant Defense with Phillips

Points per game 18.5 Passing yards 235 Total yards per game 362 QB TD 8 INT 7

without Phillips
    points per game 25 Passing Yards 281 Total Yards per game 402 QB TD 17 Int 12

Last 2 games Phillips played the Giants gave up 10 and 17 points. A guy can have an impact without interceptions. I see a total different approach from Fewell when Phillips is playing. I dont see how they let him go if they get a friendly deal. I dont think Id give him much guaranteed money but id trade that for a higher dollar amount per year deal. If u could pay him by active game day that would be even better but Id doubt he would sign that
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-28-2012 at 10:06 AM.

+ Reply to Thread