+ Reply to Thread
Page 488 of 562 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498538 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Your a stat guy so here is some Stats

Giant Defense with Phillips

Points per game 18.5 Passing yards 235 Total yards per game 362 QB TD 8 INT 7

without Phillips
    points per game 25 Passing Yards 281 Total Yards per game 402 QB TD 17 Int 12

Last 2 games Phillips played the Giants gave up 10 and 17 points. A guy can have an impact with interceptions
    ya, well tell me how are pass rush was in those so called games..lol I'm sure we got sacks, because there isn't one player on our team who can do squat if were not getting pressure.. And we certainly aren't a coverege sack team, at least not regularly... KP would be getting thrashed back there if he was playing the last few wks, with absoulutley no diffrence in the game.. Not to mention, those are the type of games that make those stats u show, look like they do.. KP is just a guy.. Let em go somewhere else and be a non factor...

Also, when was the last 2games he played, last yr, the yr before? Its hard to keep up with the guy who is out with injurys every other day it seems...
    And yes, if ur doing something as a S , stats will show up to a degree.. If ur around the ball, u will have no choice but to run into some picks or something other then tackling WR's 15-20yrds down field or RB's who all ready got chunk yardage... I mean the guy has forced all but 1 fumble in his career, has like 3TFL in his career, and 8picks... Thats ridiculous.. Earl Thomas has tripled KP's TFL in his short career, and forced the same amount of fumbles and recoverd the same amount of fumbles, and has almost as many tackles all ready as well.. And hes the guy whos supposed to be nothing but finesse..

And u wonder why Seattles Defense is trending upwards, and ares has been dreadful for monster chunks of season almost every yr since KP's been here.. Sure, we've picked up consistency at teh right time(postseason), but constantly have to wiggle are way in and have dud games in a row end of the season every yr, where we get picked apart... Kam Chancellor is a better saftey then KP as well..

I'm just saying, the guy dosen't make a diffrence, and guys who are good, tend to make a dent statistaclly.. At least a dent..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    ya, well tell me how are pass rush was in those so called games..lol I'm sure we got sacks, because there isn't one player on our team who can do squat if were not getting pressure.. And we certainly aren't a coverege sack team, at least not regularly... KP would be getting thrashed back there if he was playing the last few wks, with absoulutley no diffrence in the game.. Not to mention, those are the type of games that make those stats u show, look like they do.. KP is just a guy.. Let em go somewhere else and be a non factor...

Also, when was the last 2games he played, last yr, the yr before? Its hard to keep up with the guy who is out with injurys every other day it seems...
    And yes, if ur doing something as a S , stats will show up to a degree.. If ur around the ball, u will have no choice but to run into some picks or something other then tackling WR's 15-20yrds down field or RB's who all ready got chunk yardage... I mean the guy has forced all but 1 fumble in his career, has like 3TFL in his career, and 8picks... Thats ridiculous.. Earl Thomas has tripled KP's TFL in his short career, and forced the same amount of fumbles and recoverd the same amount of fumbles, and has almost as many tackles all ready as well.. And hes the guy whos supposed to be nothing but finesse..

And u wonder why Seattles Defense is trending upwards, and ares has been dreadful for monster chunks of season almost every yr since KP's been here.. Sure, we've picked up consistency at teh right time(postseason), but constantly have to wiggle are way in and have dud games in a row end of the season every yr, where we get picked apart... Kam Chancellor is a better saftey then KP as well..

I'm just saying, the guy dosen't make a diffrence, and guys who are good, tend to make a dent statistaclly.. At least a dent..
    I have no idea what Kam Chancelor and Earl Thomas has to do with the Giants giving up a TD less per game when Phillips plays. A Safety can have an impact on a game without touching the ball or making a tackle if the QB decides to dump it off instead of throwing the ball deep
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-28-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Giants defense seems like a different team with Kenny Phillips. I agree with this but he never stays healthy. Since the cap situation is what is Phillips need to have a friendly deal. Rolle has alot of versatility and health has not been an issue. He has been a team guy before restructuring his contract. Of these two I'm more inclined to sign Rolle than Phillips if it was one or other. Perfect world both be back at friendly deals.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLUE24 View Post
    Giants defense seems like a different team with Kenny Phillips. I agree with this but he never stays healthy. Since the cap situation is what is Phillips need to have a friendly deal. Rolle has alot of versatility and health has not been an issue. He has been a team guy before restructuring his contract. Of these two I'm more inclined to sign Rolle than Phillips if it was one or other. Perfect world both be back at friendly deals.
    The problem I have with Rolle is he freelances way to much. When I see a blown coverage I automatically look for Rolle

After watching Travis Kelce in the Belk Bowl last night, I feel he is needed. 6'6" 260 lbs, can block and run like that. Sign me up now. Let Bennett go and move on with Robinson and Kelce. Don't care about the inexperience. We need athletes.

Here is a mock I would go with. I have us picking 18th as I feel we will lose this week:

1. Chance Warmack - G Bama - I don't know why but I feel he will be there when we pick as OG is not a premium position. Warmack will put Boothe on the bench which will help stregthen the line in terms of depth. BPA pick for us.

2. Khaseem Greene - OLB - Rutgers - Exactly what we need at OLB. A playmaker. Greene has the speed to cover the TE and plays the run well.

3. Ricky Wagner - OT - Wisconsin - Our RT of the future but also probably a starter next year. Great in the run game and pretty good pass blocking. Upgrade over Diehl and Brewer seems like a bust of a pick.

4. Datone Jones - DE - UCLA - He is what the GMen like in a DL. Very versatile. Can play the 4-3 DE and then kick inside on 3rd downs. I liked what I saw in his bowl game even though the UCLA D as a whole was awful.

5. Travis Kelce - TE - Cincinnati - My most wanted pick for the Giants. Not a household name amongst a good TE class so I have him available here. The combine may change that but he is awesome in the run blocking department and a very good receiver.

6. Bene Benwikere - CB - San Jose State - My guess is he declares and he is a very good player. Playmaker with 7 INTs this year and would be an excellent special teamer.

7. Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida St. - I don't see us resigning Tynes and Hopkins has a big leg. I do not see him not being drafted so we take him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Your a stat guy so here is some Stats

Giant Defense with Phillips

Points per game 18.5 Passing yards 235 Total yards per game 362 QB TD 8 INT 7

without Phillips
    points per game 25 Passing Yards 281 Total Yards per game 402 QB TD 17 Int 12

Last 2 games Phillips played the Giants gave up 10 and 17 points. A guy can have an impact without interceptions. I see a total different approach from Fewell when Phillips is playing. I dont see how they let him go if they get a friendly deal. I dont think Id give him much guaranteed money but id trade that for a higher dollar amount per year deal. If u could pay him by active game day that would be even better but Id doubt he would sign that
    Those stats mean absolutely nothing, he's only played in 4 games this season with 3 of which were in september when the giants always play well....I'm with Sportsfan and would not over extend myself to resign him...He's injury plagued, one dimensional and for the most part non impactful

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Those stats mean absolutely nothing, he's only played in 4 games this season with 3 of which were in september when the giants always play well....I'm with Sportsfan and would not over extend myself to resign him...He's injury plagued, one dimensional and for the most part non impactful
    I guess u missed the Packer game when he played and the defense played extremely well. I guess if u want to give him no credit for the defense playing well then yes he isnt worth resigning.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-28-2012 at 04:37 PM.

One dimensional how?

I never said anything about over extending to sign him. I just said the team defense is noticeably better when he plays.I would absolutely be careful on how much guaranteed money he gets

+ Reply to Thread