+ Reply to Thread
Page 498 of 562 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548 ... LastLast
Results 4,971 to 4,980 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    The best part about Ogletree is that hes young and missed time and as soon as he gets back into games, he takes over.. Hence, missing 4games this yr, and yet leading the BULLDOGS in Tackles, and last yr it was similar, as he came back and just flat out beasted against Michigan St in the Bowl game, with 13tackles..

He does it all, and hes still learning.. Watched em just pick up TJ YELDON like he was a rag doll and give almost near no resistence as soon as contact was made.. Hes wirey strong with room to pack on a few more lbs with his frame, and not lose athletic ability and speed... Ogletree is gonna be a star.. In my opinion of course..lol
    I can find a bunch of bad examples of his play in the Alabama game 2. he turns his back away from contact a few times on interior runs. Im not saying he isnt a very exciting player with loads of upside because he is but he isnt the most physical ILB either

Wow, Mike Riley is a freaking moron.. How did the idiot not see the clock running down when he was in FG range to end the 1st half? The idiot was running up to spike the ball when he had a TO left and there was only 10seconds anyways.. Even if u think it was a 1st down, all u have to do is look at the clock clearly running down, adn take ur TO.. Mike Riley going with that Vaz dude is a joke as well.. Vaz is a talentless choke artist, and i seen him do the same thing in another game, it looked like Org St had, as they lead all game, adn then the guy just melted down..

Sean Mannion would of been the better choice, hands down..

Also, Markus Wheaton has the worst set of butter fingers in football.. How u can draft that dude is beyond me.. I mean, sure hes fast, but if hes dropping balls left and right, it dosen't mean anything..

Ultimate Choke job by those clowns... Oregon St will always be a 2nd rate clown school... Jordan Poyers still awesome, but why did he go to that nobody school? God it frustrates me to watch teams just play like they've never seen a field before and make poor decison after poor decison.. Mike Riely is clueless, and will never get outta corvalis.. Only place hes going is down the rankings.. U will see him at Slippery Rock before u know it..lol
    I wonder if Mannion will transfer. Mannion has more NFL potential but he was pretty mediocre this year. Vaz before this game didnt turn the ball over thats why he played instead. I agree though Mannion is the better player

I feel really bad for whichever teams need to pick a QB in this draft. If I was a GM I would not want to risk my career on any of these guys. To be honest I think I would rather take David Fales in the 2nd or 3rd than any of these guys in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I can find a bunch of bad examples of his play in the Alabama game 2. he turns his back away from contact a few times on interior runs. Im not saying he isnt a very exciting player with loads of upside because he is but he isnt the most physical ILB either
    I can find bad plays on every prospect in every prospect video u made.. There college kids for cripes sake.. U watch college football right? Its like a blooper reel half the time..

Man, Vegas flat out cleaned up yesterday(as usual).. How many times are teams gonna take double digit leads in college football and blow them to teams that seemingly can't move the ball at all? I mean Oregon sts defense looked great, and then su-cked 2nd half, and TCU's defnese was insane and somehow they lost to Michgan St? WTH? Thats crazy..

I can find bad plays on every prospect in every prospect video u made.. There college kids for cripes sake.. U watch college football right? Its like a blooper reel half the time..
    Its not bad plays, its him bowing away from contact. See it when any guard/center gets a clear shot at him, he dances away.

In my opinion, he has to play weakside linebacker in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Its not bad plays, its him bowing away from contact. See it when any guard/center gets a clear shot at him, he dances away.

In my opinion, he has to play weakside linebacker in the NFL.
    At 6ft 3in, 236lbs, hes got the type of frame u can add a few lbs which will make him a bit more stronger going against blockers, and disengaging.. Even if he does end up at WLB, then so be it.. I mean, the guys a unbelievable football player with oodles of speed, hitting ability, coverege ability, playmaking ability..etc I mean, this guys the real deal..

Hence, why a guy whos missed parts of the past 2yrs is almost a sure fire lock for 1st rd, and at LB, where hes only played for a couple seasons.. Kinda gives u a idea of what hes been accomplishing there..

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I feel really bad for whichever teams need to pick a QB in this draft. If I was a GM I would not want to risk my career on any of these guys. To be honest I think I would rather take David Fales in the 2nd or 3rd than any of these guys in the 1st.
    Hence, what me and a few others have been trying to say, about not taking a positon just because u think its more important, and passing up on guys at other positons , that might be considered a bit less importance.. Would u rather pass on Sean Weatherspoon to have Blaine Gabbert? Would u rather pass on Earl Thomas to have Christian Ponder?

Its a stupid way to draft, and exactly how u lose ur job.. U gotta take good players, and eventually as u pile up the good players, u run into a situation that allows u to get a legit prospect at QB or DE or whatever...

At 6ft 3in, 236lbs, hes got the type of frame u can add a few lbs which will make him a bit more stronger going against blockers, and disengaging..
    It has nothing to do with size or strength. He is very inconsistent when he needs to be physical.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/an-ea...184579581.html
    Interesting qoutes from NFL scouts on a few guys we've discussed:

TYLER EIFERT
    -"Eifert is probably the top kid but he's not an all-around guy," one scout said. "I don't know how much he really likes football. I think he does it because it's something he's good at. He'd be more happy being a wide receiver."

DJ FLUKER:
    "His (expletive) is bigger than a coffee table," one scout said, referring to Fluker. "Huge legs, long arm. He can really drive people off the ball using his massive size. He is getting better in pass pro. And he's got some nastiness to him."

DALLAS THOMAS/ODAY ABOUSHI
    -"Thomas has the athletic ability to be a left tackle and is a footwork kind of guy. He might have to be a guard. Aboushi has a bad body on him but he's real effective. Pretty good technician. Kind of a nasty kid."

JOHNATHAN COOPER
    -"Great athlete," one scout said. "Can make all the blocks. You watch him move, especially for a zone team, he'll be right up their alley. Problem is the guy played at 280."

WILLIAM GOUSLTON
    -"As a freshman and sophomore, you saw a lot of signs of dominance," one scout said. "I don't see how he gets out of the first round because he's just so big."

SHELDON RICAHRDSON
    - "is an undersized move guy. Just kind of a finesse athlete. Big-time character questions."

MANTI TEO
    -"You can knock him on this and that but he's just a good player," one scout said. "No major deficiencies. He's like (Luke) Kuechly from last year. Maybe not what you want to do (with a top-10 pick) but you're getting a good football player."

ALEC OGLETREE
    - "Ogletree is like (Kansas City's) Derrick Johnson," one scout said. "It's just his (four-game drug) suspension and everything. You've got to worry about that. He will slip and slide around in there and make a bunch of plays. He's so athletic and so big and can really run."
    Another scout compared Ogletree to Odell Thurman, another former Georgia MLB whose promising career in Cincinnati was cut short by drug abuse in the mid-2000s.
    The scout said Ogletree was the best player on the Bulldogs' defense despite the presence of OLB Jarvis Jones

MINGO
    -"He did not have the production you'd like to see from a really outstanding athlete," one scout said. "But he's also playing on a pretty good team, and they rotated a lot. He will blow the combine out."

JONTHAN BANKS
    -"Banks is a really good football player," one scout said. "Not a thick guy by any means, but real long arms. Even for a long, lanky guy he has pretty good quickness. His top-end speed isn't great. Loves football and isn't afraid to hit."

TYRANN MATHIEU
    -"He's a nickel back and returner," one scout said. "It's just like Janoris Jenkins, but Janoris is much, much more talented. This guy just got arrested again. I don't know how you select him."

SAFETIES
    "This is maybe the best safety draft in a long, long time," one scout said. "This is a draft where everybody can get healthy at the position. You may not have the Sean Taylor elite-type player, but you have a lot of really good players."

MATT ELAM
    -"Matt is kind of short but he's a hitter and he can cover," one scout said. "If he goes in the first it will be late."

KENNY VACCARO
    - "He's different than most University of Texas guys - he's tough and physical," one scout said. "Maybe the lack of 40 time keeps him out of the first."

BACCARI RAMBO
    -Georgia's Bacarri Rambo (6-0, 206) has major character flaws. "But he's the new breed of safety that you need," one scout said. "Real athletic. Ball skills. Covers. Real up and down with his tackling and his physicalness."

+ Reply to Thread