+ Reply to Thread
Page 504 of 562 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I know Rhodes is bigger. By perhaps 2" and 10 or so pounds. But that is not inherently a positive.

And I'm basing his speed on how I see him play. He grabs a lot instead of just running with guys. To me that shows he doesn't have great speed.

As far as shutting guys down in college. That's all well and good. But CBs get away with a lot more in college. And they don't have to spend as much time isolated against exceptionally fast receivers.
    Maybe your right, but until the combine we dont know. 1 thing I do know is that he absolutely dominates WRs early in the route. Moreso than Prince did, moreso than any other CB this year cept possibly milliner. For a team that likes to win with passrush he is a perfect fit since he might be the very best CB coming out this year at defending the 3 step drop quick set passes.

I know Rhodes is bigger. By perhaps 2" and 10 or so pounds. But that is not inherently a positive.

And I'm basing his speed on how I see him play. He grabs a lot instead of just running with guys. To me that shows he doesn't have great speed.

As far as shutting guys down in college. That's all well and good. But CBs get away with a lot more in college. And they don't have to spend as much time isolated against exceptionally fast receivers.
    Size helps for some things hinders others he isnt an athlete like Patrick Peterson. I dont think he can get away with all that grabbing all the way down the field in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Maybe your right, but until the combine we dont know. 1 thing I do know is that he absolutely dominates WRs early in the route. Moreso than Prince did, moreso than any other CB this year cept possibly milliner. For a team that likes to win with passrush he is a perfect fit since he might be the very best CB coming out this year at defending the 3 step drop quick set passes.
    Thats for sure he really gives receivers fits on the line.

Which is why I think he would be perfect for a cover 2 team. Could mug receivers at the line. Wouldn't have to turn and run with them. And the corners in a C2 spend a lot of time defending the run too. Which is where his size and tackling can be a huge asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Thats for sure he really gives receivers fits on the line.
    Thats what I like about him for us.

It is no secret that teams used the 3 step drop on us all year to defeat our passrush and we lacked the ability to do something about it . I like Rhodes for that purpose.

Btw, I said it before but I am going to bring it up again after his game tonight, I think if Lonie Pryor goes to a team with an innovative offense, he could be a steal this draft. Dcoords cannot ignore him in the backfield like they do most Fullbacks.

If mingo and Montgomery stay in school, how many Nfl QBs retire next year before the draft?

Clowney, Van Noy, Mingo, Tuitt, Crichton. Imagine if Werner stayed in school too. Lol

If mingo and Montgomery stay in school, how many Nfl QBs retire next year before the draft?

Clowney, Van Noy, Mingo, Tuitt, Crichton. Imagine if Werner stayed in school too. Lol
    I would almost suggest trading our 1st for another next year if that happened. Dreams are good to have i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    lol I remember arguing with NYCsportsfan about how you couldn't compare Lynch's season to Manziel b/c of level of competition and they just showed a stat how NI had the weakest strenght of schedule in college football.....Its showing too, because although lynch has had a few nice moments, he's been largely outmatched.
    Ya, but lets take a minute and think what Florida st is working with on the defensive side of the ball, and what Jordan Lynch is working with on the NORTHERN ILLINOIS offensive line..lol I mean, can u say mismatch??lol

Lets also, remember what Johnny Manziel had on his side offensivley.. A freakish future 1st rd WR in Mike Evans, a 2012 2nd-3rd RD WR in Swope, 3 increidble RB's , with most likeley 2 ending up in the NFL, 1 if not 2 TOP 10 OT's...etc Let me say that part again.. NOT 1 BUT POSSIBLY 2 TOP 10 OT's..

I think if u put Jordan Lynch at Texas A&M and Johnny Manziel at Northern Illiniois, Jordan Lynch is the Heisman Winner, just as it worked out this way..

U act like Johnny Manziel did it all on his own or something.. Hes basically got a future NFL roster hes playing with.. The only guy going to be playing on Sundays for No Illinois offense is Martel Moore possibly, as a mid to late RD WR...

What do u think Manziel would of done last night if he faced FLORIDA ST's defense with No Illinois OLINE??

I'll add one more thing as well.. U say Lynch played weak competiton, but yet no one else has done what he did facing the exact same competiton in the history of college football...lol

So, ur my boy, but i woulden't go using last nights game as a "i was right, and NYC was wrong" chance to much..lol

Good input on Xavier Rhodes santaman.. I agree with everything u said... I think he'd be a nice fit opposite Prince on our team, even though his lack of ball skills is a bit worrisome.. But almost a perfect replacement for Corey Webster...

+ Reply to Thread