+ Reply to Thread
Page 505 of 562 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515555 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

  1. #5041
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    32,059
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Not sure what game ur watching in regards to Manuel and Rhodes....Rhodes is barely letting his guy breath out there and manuel is 21-28 for 242 and a TD in the first half, showing solid pocket awareness/movement
    Manuel is terrible.. I don't care if he went 60-60 last night, that guy is gonna be drafted to high if he goes in the first 4rds in my opinion.. I seriously woudllent' take that guy untill RD 5 as a project... No passing skills what so ever and makes terrible mistakes under pressure..

    That entire game all Matt Millen was talking about was the time he had.. Seriously, U and I could of picked apart No Illiniois last night.. I'm only half kidding..

  2. #5042
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Manuel is terrible.. I don't care if he went 60-60 last night, that guy is gonna be drafted to high if he goes in the first 4rds in my opinion.. I seriously woudllent' take that guy untill RD 5 as a project... No passing skills what so ever and makes terrible mistakes under pressure..

    That entire game all Matt Millen was talking about was the time he had.. Seriously, U and I could of picked apart No Illiniois last night.. I'm only half kidding..
    Ugh Mauel is aweful. There is so much wasted talent there. I know he is a decent kid and all, and he throws a pretty ball but there are a LOT of red flags with him, Like for 1 he has been a terrible big game QB. It is ironic because last night be became the 2nd Qb ever to win 4 bowl games, but that is misleading because, thanks in large part to him, FSU has only played mediocre bowl games over the last few years because he failed to win big games during the regular season.

    Furthermore, he has a very very bad habbit of getting overexcited and overthrowing wrs...by a lot. Despite have a nice arm he throws a very poor deep ball. He does not put enough air under it when he should and he put airs under it when he should zip it. His footwork is a mess, often throwing flat footed and other times taking way too big of a throw step which leads to the overthrows. He can run well but is a fumble machine when he does and also takes too many hits that will end up as injuries in the NFL.

    Lastly, his end of game management has been horribadorific throughout his career. He has almost no sense of the game clock when he should.

    I seriously could go on.

    There are a lot of young talented guys on FSU's offense but I do not much care for anyone coming out this year except Lonnie Pryor and Chris Thompson will be a good late selection too. Evewything else to like about FSU is on defense, there are a bunch of NFL talent guys there.

  3. #5043
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    32,059
    Ogletree was one of the only good players on GA's defense yesterday.. Yet again leading the team in tackles, made plays behind the line, getting a sack, and also preserving the game with a big FF, and the recovery.. He missd 4games, and still had 11.5 TFL, and 3sacks to go with a team 112or so tackles, despite missing 4games.. This guys gonna be able to be moved all over the field on defense depending on down and distance and is a game changer.. A guranteed first rd pick, as i've said for wk's now.. I'd love to have em.. I think Bears snag em if he makes it past us, as Urlachers replacment..

  4. #5044
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, but lets take a minute and think what Florida st is working with on the defensive side of the ball, and what Jordan Lynch is working with on the NORTHERN ILLINOIS offensive line..lol I mean, can u say mismatch??lol

    Lets also, remember what Johnny Manziel had on his side offensivley.. A freakish future 1st rd WR in Mike Evans, a 2012 2nd-3rd RD WR in Swope, 3 increidble RB's , with most likeley 2 ending up in the NFL, 1 if not 2 TOP 10 OT's...etc Let me say that part again.. NOT 1 BUT POSSIBLY 2 TOP 10 OT's..

    I think if u put Jordan Lynch at Texas A&M and Johnny Manziel at Northern Illiniois, Jordan Lynch is the Heisman Winner, just as it worked out this way..

    U act like Johnny Manziel did it all on his own or something.. Hes basically got a future NFL roster hes playing with.. The only guy going to be playing on Sundays for No Illinois offense is Martel Moore possibly, as a mid to late RD WR...

    What do u think Manziel would of done last night if he faced FLORIDA ST's defense with No Illinois OLINE??

    I'll add one more thing as well.. U say Lynch played weak competiton, but yet no one else has done what he did facing the exact same competiton in the history of college football...lol

    So, ur my boy, but i woulden't go using last nights game as a "i was right, and NYC was wrong" chance to much..lol
    Yes, your point is valid. But that doesnt change the fact that Lynch looked like a high school player last night vs FSU. He was missing throws left and right. Some of them were very easy throws and he did not have pressure in his face.

    I think the difference is Manziel had his signature game not just vs 1 of many good opponents but the very best opponent he faced all year. Many believe that Bama team is 1 of the greats of all time and Manziel beat em up. Yes he had help but that game was his highlight reel for the season.

    Then on the other hand Lynch really only faced 1 good defense all year and he got smoked. He is a fun player to watch, but I think FSU has faced much better QBs this year. Lynch did not keep NIU in the game, his coaching staff did.

    To be quite frank i was more impressed by NIU's defense and a couple of the decent players they had on that side of the ball much moreso than Lynch, who was exposed as a Rb in Qbs clothing.

  5. #5045
    The guy from Patriots draft site called Matt Elam the Elaminator

  6. #5046
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The guy from Patriots draft site called Matt Elam the Elaminator
    Him & sharif Floyd are looking legit right now

  7. #5047
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    32,059
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Yes, your point is valid. But that doesnt change the fact that Lynch looked like a high school player last night vs FSU. He was missing throws left and right. Some of them were very easy throws and he did not have pressure in his face.

    I think the difference is Manziel had his signature game not just vs 1 of many good opponents but the very best opponent he faced all year. Many believe that Bama team is 1 of the greats of all time and Manziel beat em up. Yes he had help but that game was his highlight reel for the season.

    Then on the other hand Lynch really only faced 1 good defense all year and he got smoked. He is a fun player to watch, but I think FSU has faced much better QBs this year. Lynch did not keep NIU in the game, his coaching staff did.

    To be quite frank i was more impressed by NIU's defense and a couple of the decent players they had on that side of the ball much moreso than Lynch, who was exposed as a Rb in Qbs clothing.
    Ya, he certainly wasen't good, thats for sure.. BUt he also had pressure the entire game.. Also, he had no run game what so ever, and Florida St was getting pressure rushing 4guys like nothing.. There was a few throws he should of made, but overall, there was nothing he was gonna be able to do with his oline being overpowered like that.. It was the biggest mismatch in any unit in any bowl game this season..

    THe reason northern illinois didn't do anything offensivley, is because there offense is Jordan Lynch, and if he dosen't have crazy games, they aren't that good.. Regardless of level of competiton, no one has done what hes done this yr, facing the exact same level of competiton..

    Manziel was awesome, theres no doubt, but u certainly gotta take in to account hes got 2 TOP TEN OT"s, and future NFL rb's, and 2Future NFL WR's, and a insane defense loaded with prospects.. Put JOhnny Manziel on No Illinios, and i believe Florida St wins still..

    But Jordan Lynch certainlhy didn't play well. Also, i was probably wrong about Lynch for Heisman, but i was just trying to point out all the facts, instead of just clear as day i was wrong...

  8. #5048
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Good input on Xavier Rhodes santaman.. I agree with everything u said... I think he'd be a nice fit opposite Prince on our team, even though his lack of ball skills is a bit worrisome.. But almost a perfect replacement for Corey Webster...
    He is a good fit if they change the way they call games. He isnt a good fit for how the Giants called the games this year. If they are willing to play a lot more physical coverages then yes Prince and him would be a slam dunk. Thing is u switch to that primarily where does Hosley fit because being a physical press corner is not at all what Jayron Hosley is. He fits the style the Giants were calling this year. He could be used as a situational player which is fine but if 1 of the top corners gets hurts u better have another guy that fits that physical style and right now the Giants dont have those guys. Michael Coe could play physical match up corner but we let him go which was really stupid I think.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-03-2013 at 09:15 AM.

  9. #5049
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The guy from Patriots draft site called Matt Elam the Elaminator
    It will be interesting to see this spring. If you go by and on field performance, then Elam is the best safety coming out and should be the 1st safety taken. If you add measuarbles and "potential" into this mix then you get some other names.

  10. #5050
    Dion Jordan scored the 2 point conversion on a pitch out

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts