+ Reply to Thread
Page 533 of 562 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Yep, Jones was 2-3 inches shorter.

People may remember that Greg Jones downfall really began at the Senior Bowl practice week where coaches felt uncomfortable with him at any LB spot. He couldnt play outside because his short arms prevented him from disengaging vs interior linemen. There were several negative comments about his play, especially when they tried to play him outside.
    And he couldnt run.

Red**** to me is a slightly more athletic, but less instinctive and less physical version of Brandon Spikes.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 01-22-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    And he couldnt run.

Red**** to me is a slightly more athletic, but less instinctive and less physical version of Brandon Spikes.
    More productive then Spikes though, as well.. U don't see to many MLB's making as many plays behind the line as u do Kevin Red****.. 18.5 TFL kinda jumps out at you.. I agree hes also a bit more athletic then Greg Jones...

After missing weigh-ins, BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah measured in at 6'5 and 1/4" with a weight of 274 pounds.

It is very close to Ansah's listed weight at BYU of 6'6/270 pounds. If you are hoping for the next edge rushing, JPP type player, Ansah will not offer those kinds of skills. Instead the inexperienced prospects spent time at rush linebacker, end in a 4-4, end in a 3-4 and at nose tackle. His best skill is his closing speed once creating separation.

Source: Josh Norris on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    More productive then Spikes though, as well.. U don't see to many MLB's making as many plays behind the line as u do Kevin Red****.. 18.5 TFL kinda jumps out at you.. I agree hes also a bit more athletic then Greg Jones...
    Uhh... Spikes in 2007 had 16 TFL. Red**** was blitzed constantly because he is not very good moving backwards. They even played him at DE.

Uhh... Spikes in 2007 had 16 TFL. Red**** was blitzed constantly because he is not very good moving backwards. They even played him at DE.
    a ILB that can play DE too.. sounds like a versatile guy..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Except he is not particularly good at either.

Best fit for him is inside in a 3-4.

Except he is not particularly good at either.

Best fit for him is inside in a 3-4.
    Im sold..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I just got done watching another video of him, and didn't see him playing DE at all.. He's definetly a guy that i think the GIANTS will show intrest in.. He looks like a perfect fit for our MLB positon..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I just got done watching another video of him, and didn't see him playing DE at all.. He's definetly a guy that i think the GIANTS will show intrest in.. He looks like a perfect fit for our MLB positon..
    You see all those times he covers TEs/backs and drops deep? Oh wait. That never happens. Hes just way too stiff to be anything more than a SAM or a 3-4 ILB.

Just watch the tape against NC State if you want to see him playing DE.

Specifically, if you want to see his entire problem, look at 1:40 into the video. he cant flip his hips and turn, at all. He does a lovely 360 later in the video trying to turn.

Bruce Carter and Zach Brown were some of the most physically gifted players in the country, Red**** not so much.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 01-22-2013 at 10:39 PM.

uhh, 18.5 is more then 16, and Spikes production declined as he stayed at Florida.. Red****s continued to go up, culminating in the 18.5 TFL season.. Also, Florida played a extra game the yr ur talking about compared to Red**** this past season.. Not to mention, Florida just had a much better team then UNC this past season.. Red**** is gonna get drafted by a 4/3 team, i'll almost gurantee it. I think he'd be a perfect fit to play MLB for us.. He sheds blocks well, and is not a total slouch in coverege, and has all the measurables, and played in a 4/3 in college.. Where did u see him playing DE? I just watched a couple video's of his today, and didn't see him play DE at all?

+ Reply to Thread