+ Reply to Thread
Page 534 of 562 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    uhh, 18.5 is more then 16, and Spikes production declined as he stayed at Florida.. Red****s continued to go up, culminating in the 18.5 TFL season.. Also, Florida played a extra game the yr ur talking about compared to Red**** this past season.. Not to mention, Florida just had a much better team then UNC this past season.. Red**** is gonna get drafted by a 4/3 team, i'll almost gurantee it. I think he'd be a perfect fit to play MLB for us.. He sheds blocks well, and is not a total slouch in coverege, and has all the measurables, and played in a 4/3 in college.. Where did u see him playing DE? I just watched a couple video's of his today, and didn't see him play DE at all?
    Just curious, but how do you manage to go through all of these guys tapes and conclude all of them are great. Dont you think maybe you are missing something if everyone is projecting them as a later round pick, but you think he is a great starter?

The difference is Spikes actually could play in coverage, had the instincts for it, and probably has a bit better flexibility and change of direction. So he wasent used as a blizter almost every play.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Just curious, but how do you manage to go through all of these guys tapes and conclude all of them are great. Dont you think maybe you are missing something if everyone is projecting them as a later round pick, but you think he is a great starter?

The difference is Spikes actually could play in coverage, had the instincts for it, and probably has a bit better flexibility and change of direction. So he wasent used as a blizter almost every play.
    I think every prospects gonna be great? Nah, i just don't think one or 2 guys is good, and thats it... And who gives a cr-ap about Brandon SPikes anyways?

Go look at Maryland VS UNC and u will see Red**** drop into coverege a handful of times, and made the brilliant play on the ball at one point, albeit, he didn't pick it, and he took the back outta the backfield once or twice as well.. I've never said hes awesome in coverege, as i don't think he is, but i think hes so good vs the run, and not overly dreadful against the pass, that it makes up for it... I did see him play DE in 2plays in that tape though, i will say that.

I also look at alot of prospects and think there good even if they are just gonna be a helpful part to the team, even as a reserve.. Its hard enough to do that, so it means something to be a decent reserve , and a guy who can stick on a team and help more then hurt them... Red**** is not a late rd pick either, and isn't it funny that this guys getting solid reviews at the Sr bowl this wk so far??? hmmmm?

This coming from a guy who wanted us to draft Brian Robiske, and was all about Taylor Mays, amongst many others.. Red**** will go in the top 3-4 rds, which is not a late rd pick, by the way..

Isn't that the point? You are admitting he is quite bad against the pass.

Yes he does a good job of coming up and taking on blockers.

Combine those two things and what do you get? A 3-4 ILB thumper.

A guy who has minimal coverage responsibility, often comes off the field on passing downs, and a guy whose primary job is to come up and occupy and shed a blocker.

His skill set does not fit AT ALL with what you want with a 3 down MLB. Especially one who plays in a Tampa 2 where his range and coverage ability is critical.

And getting solid reviews? He did well in the blitz drills against HBs and struggled a ton in coverage drills vs HBs and TEs. Exactly how he should look.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Isn't that the point? You are admitting he is quite bad against the pass.

Yes he does a good job of coming up and taking on blockers.

Combine those two things and what do you get? A 3-4 ILB thumper.

A guy who has minimal coverage responsibility, often comes off the field on passing downs, and a guy whose primary job is to come up and occupy and shed a blocker.

His skill set does not fit AT ALL with what you want with a 3 down MLB. Especially one who plays in a Tampa 2 where his range and coverage ability is critical.

And getting solid reviews? He did well in the blitz drills against HBs and struggled a ton in coverage drills vs HBs and TEs. Exactly how he should look.
    Listen, theres no doubt pass coverege is the worst part of Kevin Red****s game, but that does not mean he can't be a heck of a player for us.. His pass rush skills, and even his expierence helping at DE now and again, because of lost players from seasons before , and his abiity against the run, and to sniff out screen passes, and on occasion make the play in pass coverege , with solid measurables is something that we could use... Even if he ends up being just a 2down LB, thats fine, because ur talking about a 3rd or 4th rd pick.. I want em for his ability to make plays behind the line, and help against the run, a area we were attacked pretty easily at times last yr, and the fact he can rush the passer, and is great at blitzing, seeing how we got very little pass rush from our LB's, it'd be nice to see a LB who can get to the QB on occasion and take a bit of the pressure off of our Dline which is either Old or inexpierenced in most cases, outside of JPP.. I think he'd be a upgrade over Chase Blackburn, and has the potential to get better in pass coverege, as hes shown glimpses, as his 6 passes defended this past season show...

Prospects all have weaknesses, oh except Arthur Brown of course(j/k..lol), and especially late 3rd/4th rd prospects, but with that said, Red****s package is exciting for that late of a pick, and he has the makings to be a pretty solid NFL LB in any system...
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 01-23-2013 at 03:51 AM.

What kinda Contract u think Derek Cox CB Jags is gonna get? I've always liked em as a player, but he is injury prone, at a positon we always have injuries.. That said, hes very talented, and the injury history will make him a bit cheaper, and when healthy, hes a heck of a CB.. Obviously were gonna have to do a couple things in FA'cy, weather minor moves or whatever, becasue draft isn't fixing everything.. Getting a guy like cox, and then drafting a CB in the mid rds isn't a bad idea, i think?

EJ Biggers is another CB i'd be interested in bringing in via FA'cy..

Walts Weekly 4rd mock came out today.. I love what hes got us doing this wk! All 4players, are guys i really like, which rarley happens..

1). Ez Ansah DE BYU
    2). Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
    3). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers(maybe some dumb teams let him fall this far becasue ht's only 6ft and a tad light)
    4). Leon McFadden CB San Diego St(what a 4th rd steal this would be)

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I was watching the LSU Texas A&M Bowl game again yesterday. I was really impressed with the true freshman Damonte Moore the kid can play. He is going to put up some sack numbers. </P>

Hey did U know that Clay Matthews and Casey matthews cousin plays for Tackle for Texas A &m. RT Jake Matthwes is a true freshman. Cant wait till 3 years from now everyone will be saying to to draft him</P>
    Good Calls Redeye from March 11th 2011.. Nailed it with Damontre Moore and Jake Matthews..lol

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Walts Weekly 4rd mock came out today.. I love what hes got us doing this wk! All 4players, are guys i really like, which rarley happens..

1). Ez Ansah DE BYU
    2). Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
    3). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers(maybe some dumb teams let him fall this far becasue ht's only 6ft and a tad light)
    4). Leon McFadden CB San Diego St(what a 4th rd steal this would be)
    not bad.. I think o-line needs to be somewhere in the first 4 rounds though..
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Joel Bitonio, OL Nevada - (3)CJ Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa
    (4)Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Khairi Fortt, LB California
    (6)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    not bad.. I think o-line needs to be somewhere in the first 4 rounds though..
    Eh, as long as were filling spots and making our team better , i don't mind.. I mean, were using FA'cy one way or the other, and whats it really matter where were using FA'cy? Or maybe James Brewer is ready to help, as well.. Don't get me wrong, i realize our Oline must be bolstered, and i'm fine with going Oline in RD 1 , 2,3, or 4, but u can't fill em all in Draft, and that draft helps our defense so much, its ridiculous, that its almost worth not having a draft pick for the oline...

Theres a ton of oline guys out there that were UDF's or drafted in rds 5-7, that i think we can still get something.. A guy like TJ Johnson C/G S.carolina comes to mind, or Terron Armstead of Ark Pine Bluff, or Earl Watford G James Madison..etc Just 2 name a few...

If our draft ended first 4rds like that, i'd be ok with not drafting a Olineman.. Now dosen't mean that any 4some of defenders in first 4rds would make me happy, but that 4some happens to bolster interior and exterior of Dline, as well as giving us legit CB and playmaking LB.. Floyd is a stud against the run as well. I would like a bit more pass rush from our DT's though, but Floyd and Joseph could really clog up the middle for us, and Joseph gets decent pressure for a DT, and i think Floyd could get us 3-6 sacks a yr as well..

Dion Jordan is going to wait till after the combine to have surgery on his torn Labrum. Probably wont see him lift which 1 of the drills I wanted to see him perform

+ Reply to Thread