+ Reply to Thread
Page 539 of 562 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

  1. #5381
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,215
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Don't really understand this Shariff Floyd hype. Piloi has him as the #3 rated Jr in the draft and I saw a qoute where some high ranking execuitve garunteed he'd go in the top 10. He's a nice player, but I don't see dominace by any stretch
    I agree, hes a solid player and i can understand 2nd rd status, but not 1st rd, and certainly not better then some of the other guys on that top 10list...

  2. #5382
    When asked who the "next big thing" will be from the 2013 draft class, CBS Sports' Pete Prisco answered with UCLA DL Datone Jones.

    Prisco cited Jones' dominant Senior Bowl practices, even when facing Eric Fisher, as evidence. Jones did have a great week of drills and offers a lot of positional versatility in terms of rushing for the edge or inside. Still, he was caught hand fighting too much at UCLA, something that needs to change in order to succeed in the NFL.

    Source: CBS Sports

  3. #5383
    An NFL scout told Brad Briggs that Purdue DT Kawann Short "doesn’t play as hard as you would like, not regularly."

    "Now, there in the Senior Bowl, he played his a** off," the scout said. "Why did he play hard? Maybe it goes back to mentality. Are you that guy? You are rolling the dice with this kid but let me tell you, he is talented, real talented." The scout went on to add that Short can play across the defensive line but he needs to harness or heighten his motor.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...-headlines?r=1

  4. #5384
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,215
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    An NFL scout told Brad Briggs that Purdue DT Kawann Short "doesn’t play as hard as you would like, not regularly."

    "Now, there in the Senior Bowl, he played his a** off," the scout said. "Why did he play hard? Maybe it goes back to mentality. Are you that guy? You are rolling the dice with this kid but let me tell you, he is talented, real talented." The scout went on to add that Short can play across the defensive line but he needs to harness or heighten his motor.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...-headlines?r=1
    Ya, its hard to say , because hes always been productive across the board, but i think i may of heard this once before.. Either way, i've never waivered in how high i have been on Short, and like the scout said, he is really talented, and thats why i got so angry when i seen idiots having him in the mid 2nd rd.. I've also been on record as saying, i'd take em over Sheldon Richardson.. I think he fits our system bettr and reminds me alot of Keith Hamilton, for his ability to not only make plays behind the line, but also against the run.. Kawaan Short is the real deal, and one fo about 5guys that i would be happy with at 19overall...

  5. #5385
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Don't really understand this Shariff Floyd hype. Piloi has him as the #3 rated Jr in the draft and I saw a qoute where some high ranking execuitve garunteed he'd go in the top 10. He's a nice player, but I don't see dominace by any stretch
    Upside has a lot to do with it. Floyd isnt even 21. Short is more than 3 years older than Floyd. Short is a 3 Down tackle can play both spots but I do agree with scouts who say he takes plays off. Its hard to compare him to a guy like Richardson who is a single gap only, traditional 3 Tech. They are nowhere near the same player. Short doesnt have the quick twitch gap shooting ability of Richardson. Richardson wont be the run defender like Short and is the more limited player scheme wise. Scouts just gravitate towards the gap shooters before the well rounded guys like Short.

  6. #5386
    Walterfootball's latest 4 round mock:

    1st - Lane Johnson OT, Oklahoma
    2nd - Xavier Rhodes CB, FSU
    3rd - Kasheem Greene, LB Rutgers
    4th - Jordan Hill, DT Penn St.

    that's about as good as it gets for me..

  7. #5387
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Walterfootball's latest 4 round mock:

    1st - Lane Johnson OT, Oklahoma
    2nd - Xavier Rhodes CB, FSU
    3rd - Kasheem Greene, LB Rutgers
    4th - Jordan Hill, DT Penn St.

    that's about as good as it gets for me..
    That doesnt seem possible but I will take it. Johnson is 1 of the few guys I wouldnt mind outside of a Pass Rusher or a CB in the 1st. If we get Rhodes I really hope they call a more aggressive defense. I like the idea of Rhodes and Prince on the outside but u cant let them sit 10 yards off all day. Prince Rhodes, Hosley would be a quality top 3 CB's
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-29-2013 at 07:40 PM.

  8. #5388
    All-Pro Kase-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BK 2 LI
    Posts
    12,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    That doesnt seem possible but I will take it. Johnson is 1 of the few guys I wouldnt mind outside of a Pass Rusher or a CB in the 1st. If we get Rhodes I really hope they call a more aggressive defense. I like the idea of Rhodes and Prince on the outside but u cant let themsit 10 yards off all day. Prince Rhodes, Hosley would be a quality top 3 CB's
    Damn that would be an amazing draft for us. Throw in Baccari Rambo in the 3rd and ill be whistling dixie
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

  9. #5389
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Damn that would be an amazing draft for us. Throw in Baccari Rambo in the 3rd and ill be whistling dixie
    I'd rather have Greene than Rambo in the 3rd, this team need some LBs..

  10. #5390
    All-Pro Kase-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BK 2 LI
    Posts
    12,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I'd rather have Greene than Rambo in the 3rd, this team need some LBs..
    The way we play the 3 safety set we gotta look at another safety, KP is slower by the day and I have zero faith in T2. At least we got Kiwi, Boley, Jq Williams, Herzlich, etc.

    Even if we moved Kiwi back to DE we'd still have more depth at LB than depth
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts