+ Reply to Thread
Page 542 of 562 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

  1. #5411
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Somebody had Maponga in 1 of their Mock drafts just put this video up.. I need to look at his 2011 tape as this year he had a foot injury. I do like what I see could be a mid round Nickel rusher. Looks like Osi with that towel hanging off him

    That was me.. Had em as our 5th i believe? Can't go wrong with a upside pass rusher with a high motor in the mid rds...

  2. #5412
    Starter born blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Upside has a lot to do with it. Floyd isnt even 21. Short is more than 3 years older than Floyd. Short is a 3 Down tackle can play both spots but I do agree with scouts who say he takes plays off. Its hard to compare him to a guy like Richardson who is a single gap only, traditional 3 Tech. They are nowhere near the same player. Short doesnt have the quick twitch gap shooting ability of Richardson. Richardson wont be the run defender like Short and is the more limited player scheme wise. Scouts just gravitate towards the gap shooters before the well rounded guys like Short.
    Red, since you watch so much tape I'm wondering which of these three guys- Richardson, Floyd, Short- you'd most like to see the NYG draft in the first. Or, if there is another DT you have your eye on in later rounds...

  3. #5413
    Quote Originally Posted by born blue View Post
    Red, since you watch so much tape I'm wondering which of these three guys- Richardson, Floyd, Short- you'd most like to see the NYG draft in the first. Or, if there is another DT you have your eye on in later rounds...
    Richardson for now. Im going through some FLorida tonight to look at Floyd. Now that the Giants need a DT im going to do a lot more on all 3 of these guys. I havent watched much of Short either need to cut some more games of him. I didnt really expect Canty to be cut. i thought they would go 1 more season and try to work Austin in to take his spot.

  4. #5414
    Kyle Long seems to be a hot name all of sudden. Same thing happened with Casy Matthews whats with Oregon and getting the less talented Siblings
    Anyway I cut this today
    Kyle Long Oregon Left Guard vs USC 2012

  5. #5415
    What do you guys think of DE Armonty Bryant? He's 6'5 265 85inch wing span, school record in sacks and has drawn comparisons to Demarcus Ware.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxEfFmRESg

    Major draw backs are obviously the small school, and also he was arrested for selling drugs on Campus. He will be at the combine though, and I'm interested to see how he stacks up physically with the comp

  6. #5416
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    What do you guys think of DE Armonty Bryant? He's 6'5 265 85inch wing span, school record in sacks and has drawn comparisons to Demarcus Ware.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxEfFmRESg

    Major draw backs are obviously the small school, and also he was arrested for selling drugs on Campus. He will be at the combine though, and I'm interested to see how he stacks up physically with the comp
    He was selling weed during practice during water breaks to under cover cops .Whats funny about this guy is I saw this story during the season and didnt realize he was any good. He had a good Texas vs Nation game and boom a lot of people are looking into him.

    Actually has a nice Repertoire of pass rush moves which u dont expect for a player at his level.I will see if i can get some full game tapes . Adrian Hamilton who was an UFA by the Cowboys and ended up a Raven had some hype like this but he wasnt invited to the combine.

  7. #5417
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Richardson for now. Im going through some FLorida tonight to look at Floyd. Now that the Giants need a DT im going to do a lot more on all 3 of these guys. I havent watched much of Short either need to cut some more games of him. I didnt really expect Canty to be cut. i thought they would go 1 more season and try to work Austin in to take his spot.
    Watch Kawaan Short closeley and u will fall in love with him as a prospect.. Theres a tad bit of a production slump at one point for a couple to few games but overall, he was pretty consistent and really did abuse quite a few interior lineman this yr.. He played really well against my Irish... Definetly has a young freddy robbins feel to em....

  8. #5418
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Watch Kawaan Short closeley and u will fall in love with him as a prospect.. Theres a tad bit of a production slump at one point for a couple to few games but overall, he was pretty consistent and really did abuse quite a few interior lineman this yr.. He played really well against my Irish... Definetly has a young freddy robbins feel to em....
    He would help the run defense more than the other 2

  9. #5419
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He would help the run defense more than the other 2
    And he'll get more then enough pressure.. Hes a 5-6 sack a season guy , and he has a tendency to block kicks, which he did 4times this past season!

  10. #5420
    Giants 101‏@Giants_101

    Mel Kiper says #Giants may target a tight end in the first round of the NFL Draft. #nyg


    I wil be fing pissed if we pick a TE

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts