+ Reply to Thread
Page 548 of 562 FirstFirst ... 48448498538546547548549550558 ... LastLast
Results 5,471 to 5,480 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Go ahead, we'll see down the line.. I think Darius Slay, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant, Jamar Taylor , and maybe Jonathan Banks are all pretty close and maybe a couple better.. I would not take Millner untill 10-16th...
    Milliner will be the first CB taken in this years draft. I see him in the 5-10 overall range. The real question is who will be the 2nd CB selected?? Right now, I think it's neck and neck between Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant w/ Rhodes having a slight edge. Wouldn't be surprised if we see 3 to 4 CB's taken in the 1st round.

Thoughts on Miami CB Brandon McGee. Most Cane fans will tell you he never lived up to the hype at "the U" and was a disappointment. Is he the next Sam Shields or do you just see him having an average career as a slot corner?
    Last edited by heavyhitter; 02-27-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyhitter View Post
    Milliner will be the first CB taken in this years draft. I see him in the 5-10 overall range. The real question is who will be the 2nd CB selected?? Right now, I think it's neck and neck between Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant w/ Rhodes having a slight edge. Wouldn't be surprised if we see 3 to 4 CB's taken in the 1st round.
    Ya, i know Millner is gonna be the 1st CB taken, and with his combine performance, probably deserves it as well, i just really like this CB class, and think the top 10 guys are pretty closley gropued, and i woulden't take em in the top 10because i think if ur picking there, u can get a diffrent need filled and then grab ur corner top of RD2, where guys like Slay, Trufant, Poyer, Banks, Taylor, Alfrod could be.. If u could get Millner or say Werner and Banks, what would u rather do? Some may say Millner, i would say Werner and Banks(just example)

Thoughts on Miami CB Brandon McGee. Most Cane fans will tell you he never lived up to the hype at "the U" and was a disappointment. Is he the next Sam Shields or do you just see him having an average career as a slot corner?
    I seen him in a prospect rankings list awhile back and instantly noticed his measurables which got me curious, and i did alittle research and seems like a guy who could use some good coaching but has the things u can't teach, which is size and speed... Def worth a shot mid to late... Micah Hyde is a guy i want if we get a CB mid to late..

Well at least you'll finally agree that Milliner is gonna be the 1st CB off the board. As far as this DB class, I agree w/ you. This DB class is deep and loaded w/ talent. A lot of tall corners this year and same goes w/ the safeties.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I seen him in a prospect rankings list awhile back and instantly noticed his measurables which got me curious, and i did alittle research and seems like a guy who could use some good coaching but has the things u can't teach, which is size and speed... Def worth a shot mid to late... Micah Hyde is a guy i want if we get a CB mid to late..
    I'll tell you another CB who needs to be coached up is David Amerson. The guy gambles way too much and needs to play more disciplined football. He was clearly exposed all of last year biting on plays or jumping routes. What round do you see him getting drafted and is he on the Giants rader?

I'll tell you another CB who needs to be coached up is David Amerson. The guy gambles way too much and needs to play more disciplined football. He was clearly exposed all of last year biting on plays or jumping routes. What round do you see him getting drafted and is he on the Giants rader?
    I actually do think Amerson will be on the giants radar.. Reese likes versatility and Amerson could play some S as well as CB, and had really good size/speed combonation... I could see him on our Radar for RD2, even though i'm not in love with it.. I trust Reese, and i think he covets some of the things that i notice about Amerson...

Veteran
    Chances datone Jones is there in round 2 for us

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Chances datone Jones is there in round 2 for us
    Little to none.. But u never know, and that goes for this yr more then others, and every yr the draft ends up being completely diffrent then we thought, so who knows for sure?

Jones in the 2nd is the best case scenario..

+ Reply to Thread