+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 562 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="slipknottin"]juice you must be using the list he had earlier in the year. at the end of the year Mayok had Thomas as his #1 ranked safety.

AT DE he didnt even end up having Dunlap on the top 5.[/quote]
    maybe right before the draft, but that list was dated January 25th aka this time last year (close enough)

[quote user="juice33s"]maybe right before the draft, but that list was dated January 25th aka this time last year (close enough)
    [/quote]

Yea, obviously the combine can change things.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I think Ryan Kerrigan should be on that Next Up list....
    [/quote] I think he would be behind that second group, he just doesnt really have an elite skill set. Hes a solid player and gives 100% effort every play, hes just not that great of an athlete.[/quote] Yeah I find it interesting he isnt on Mayocks Top 5 ends. The other guys are physically more impressive players though

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Here is Mayocks New Top 5

Quarterback:

*1. Blaine Gabbert, Missouri
    2. Jake Locker, Washington
    *3. Cam Newton, Auburn
    *4. Ryan Mallett, Arkansas
    5. Andy Dalton, TCU

Running back:

*1. Mark Ingram, Alabama
    2. Mikel LeShoure, Illinois
    *3. Daniel Thomas, Kansas State
    *4. Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech
    *5. Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State

Wide receiver:

*1. A.J. Green, Georgia
    *2. Julio Jones, Alabama
    3. Titus Young, Boise State
    *4. Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh
    *5. Torrey Smith

Tight end:

*1. Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame
    2. Lance Kendricks, Wisconsin
    3. Luke Stocker, Tennessee
    4. D.J.Williams, Arkansas
    5. Virgil Green, Nevada

Guard/center:

1. Mike Pouncey, Florida
    2. Danny Watkins, Baylor
    3. Clint Boling, Georgia
    4. John Moffitt, Wisconsin
    5. Rodney Hudson, Florida State

Tackle:

1. Anthony Castanzo, Boston College
    2. Nate Solder, Colorado
    *3. Tyron Smith, Southern California
    4. Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin
    T-5. Ben Ijalana, Villanova
    T-5. Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State

Defensive end:

*1. Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson
    *2. J.J. Watt, Wisconsin
    3. Adrian Clayborn, Iowa
    4. Cameron Jordan, California
    *5. Robert Quinn, North Carolina

Defensive tackle:

*1. Marcell Dareus, Alabama
    *2. Nick Fairley, Auburn
    *3. Corey Liuget, Illinois
    4. Stephen Paea, Oregon State
    *5. Jurrell Casey, Southern California

Outside Linebacker:

1. Von Miller, Texas A&M
    *2. Akeem Ayers, UCLA
    *3. Justin Houston, Georgia
    4. Bruce Carter, North Carolina
    5. Chris Carter, Fresno State

Inside Linebacker:

*1. Martez Wilson, Illinois
    2. Colin McCarthy, Miami (Fla.)
    3. Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina
    4. Casey Matthews, Oregon
    5. Kelvin Sheppard, LSU

Cornerback:

*1. Patrick Peterson, LSU
    2. Prince Amukamara
    *3. Aaron Williams, Texas
    4. Jimmy Smith, Colorado
    *5. Brandon Harris, Miami (Fla.)

Safety:

*1. Rahim Moore, UCLA
    2. Ahmad Black, Florida
    3. Marcus Gilchrist, Clemson
    4. Quinton Carter, Oklahoma
    5. Deunta Williams, North Carolina

[/quote]

TY.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I think Ryan Kerrigan should be on that Next Up list....
    [/quote]

I think he would be behind that second group, he just doesnt really have an elite skill set. Hes a solid player and gives 100% effort every play, hes just not that great of an athlete.[/quote] Hes got some speed, thats for sure... I think hes gonna be a animal on the next level with his speed, agility, and non stop motor, not to mention, hes above solid against the run... I think he'll be surprising in the in the combine as well...

We shall see, though... I def would have em in the top 5lists of any DE rankings...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I think Ryan Kerrigan should be on that Next Up list....
    [/quote] I think he would be behind that second group, he just doesnt really have an elite skill set. Hes a solid player and gives 100% effort every play, hes just not that great of an athlete.[/quote] Hes got some speed, thats for sure... I think hes gonna be a animal on the next level with his speed, agility, and non stop motor, not to mention, hes above solid against the run... I think he'll be surprising in the in the combine as well...

We shall see, though... I def would have em in the top 5lists of any DE rankings...
    [/quote]Eh his speed is average really all his physical attributes are average. I think he should bulk up and play strongside end. I dont see him being as an elite pass rusher at the next level. I think he will be a good all around player though. Give u some of everything. I think he will become a very good run defender give U 8 sacks thats a pretty good football player.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I think Ryan Kerrigan should be on that Next Up list....
    [/quote] I think he would be behind that second group, he just doesnt really have an elite skill set. Hes a solid player and gives 100% effort every play, hes just not that great of an athlete.[/quote] Hes got some speed, thats for sure... I think hes gonna be a animal on the next level with his speed, agility, and non stop motor, not to mention, hes above solid against the run... I think he'll be surprising in the in the combine as well...

[/quote]Eh his speed is average really all his physical attributes are average. I think he should bulk up and play strongside end. I dont see him being as an elite pass rusher at the next level. I think he will be a good all around player though. Give u some of everything. I think he will become a very good run defender give U 8 sacks thats a pretty good football player.[/quote] ya, thats pretty good, and probably gonna be better then most of the guys talked about going in the top 10...lol And, thats the truth! Kerrigan is a Safe bet for 8sacks a yr, and 60-70tackles... He also plays nasty, with a all out, attitude... I think you'll be surprised by his speed at the combine... Maybe not super man fast, but pretty fast.. To be honest, i think people don't think of em as fast as he is, because hes white... Now, thats a touchy subject, i know, and i actually understand why some people feel that way, as players of color, for the most part, warp white fellas in athletic ability and speed, most of the time, but Kerrigan is a exception, and he gets to the QB very quickly... Hes pretty explosive, and it isn't all motor, hes built like a OX, very very strong, and i'll be shocked, if he isn't one of the best Pass Rushers to come outta this draft in a few yrs...

Look at this first step, and look at how quick hes on Terrelle Pryor and around the Tackle on the next play.. This actually makes me laugh, watching num 76 for Oh St in the first play..lol

PURDUE DEFENSIVE END RYAN KERRIGAN VS. OHIO STATE[img]sacore:green.gif[/img]

OMG!!!!LOL Watching this video of R.kerrigan(all highlights of course), but jesus, seeing this guy in pursuit and how explosive he is and downright lethal against the run is pretty crazy... THis is one hellavu highlight tape... This guys the complete package...

OMG!!!!LOL Watching this video of R.kerrigan(all highlights of course), but jesus, seeing this guy in pursuit and how explosive he is and downright lethal against the run is pretty crazy... THis is one hellavu highlight tape... This guys the complete package...

Ryan Kerrigan Highlights[img]sacore:green.gif[/img]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I think Ryan Kerrigan should be on that Next Up list....

[/quote]Eh his speed is average really all his physical attributes are average. I think he should bulk up and play strongside end. I dont see him being as an elite pass rusher at the next level. I think he will be a good all around player though. Give u some of everything. I think he will become a very good run defender give U 8 sacks thats a pretty good football player.[/quote] ya, thats pretty good, and probably gonna be better then most of the guys talked about going in the top 10...lol And, thats the truth! Kerrigan is a Safe bet for 8sacks a yr, and 60-70tackles... He also plays nasty, with a all out, attitude... I think you'll be surprised by his speed at the combine... Maybe not super man fast, but pretty fast.. To be honest, i think people don't think of em as fast as he is, because hes white... Now, thats a touchy subject, i know, and i actually understand why some people feel that way, as players of color, for the most part, warp white fellas in athletic ability and speed, most of the time, but Kerrigan is a exception, and he gets to the QB very quickly... Hes pretty explosive, and it isn't all motor, hes built like a OX, very very strong, and i'll be shocked, if he isn't one of the best Pass Rushers to come outta this draft in a few yrs...

Look at this first step, and look at how quick hes on Terrelle Pryor and around the Tackle on the next play.. This actually makes me laugh, watching num 76 for Oh St in the first play..lol

PURDUE DEFENSIVE END RYAN KERRIGAN VS. OHIO STATE[img]sacore:green.gif[/img]

[/quote]

Im talking about his speed comparatively to the weakside ends in the classlike Quinn and Aldon Smith. I think his speed is good for a strongside end. I think he will have an advantage on the corner against RT's while maybe not against LT's. It should help him generate some more sacks and be an upper tier type rusher from the strongside while middle of the pack from the weakside.