+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 562 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I think Ryan Kerrigan should be on that Next Up list....
    [/quote] I think he would be behind that second group, he just doesnt really have an elite skill set. Hes a solid player and gives 100% effort every play, hes just not that great of an athlete.[/quote] Hes got some speed, thats for sure... I think hes gonna be a animal on the next level with his speed, agility, and non stop motor, not to mention, hes above solid against the run... I think he'll be surprising in the in the combine as well...

We shall see, though... I def would have em in the top 5lists of any DE rankings...
    [/quote]Eh his speed is average really all his physical attributes are average. I think he should bulk up and play strongside end. I dont see him being as an elite pass rusher at the next level. I think he will be a good all around player though. Give u some of everything. I think he will become a very good run defender give U 8 sacks thats a pretty good football player.[/quote] ya, thats pretty good, and probably gonna be better then most of the guys talked about going in the top 10...lol And, thats the truth! Kerrigan is a Safe bet for 8sacks a yr, and 60-70tackles... He also plays nasty, with a all out, attitude... I think you'll be surprised by his speed at the combine... Maybe not super man fast, but pretty fast.. To be honest, i think people don't think of em as fast as he is, because hes white... Now, thats a touchy subject, i know, and i actually understand why some people feel that way, as players of color, for the most part, warp white fellas in athletic ability and speed, most of the time, but Kerrigan is a exception, and he gets to the QB very quickly... Hes pretty explosive, and it isn't all motor, hes built like a OX, very very strong, and i'll be shocked, if he isn't one of the best Pass Rushers to come outta this draft in a few yrs...

Look at this first step, and look at how quick hes on Terrelle Pryor and around the Tackle on the next play.. This actually makes me laugh, watching num 76 for Oh St in the first play..lol

PURDUE DEFENSIVE END RYAN KERRIGAN VS. OHIO STATE[img]sacore:green.gif[/img]

[/quote]

Im talking about his speed comparatively to the weakside ends in the classlike Quinn and Aldon Smith. I think his speed is good for a strongside end. I think he will have an advantage on the corner against RT's while maybe not against LT's. It should help him generate some more sacks and be an upper tier type rusher from the strongside while middle of the pack from the weakside.

[/quote] ya, maybe.. I'm not sold, that hes not super explosive from any side, and that hes not just a Good player, that can do damage against any Tackles, but i see what your saying.. I find overanalyzing sometimes of Prospects, on my part, and sometimes, i think we all do it.. Kerrigan to me, seems pretty agile, and athletic, but just adds some of the Strong side defensive End charecteristics to his game as well, like being powerful and stout against the run... I think u line em up against any Tackle, and hes got a shot, against a mid pack LT, hes gonna eat em up, fast or not... He does have one fast first step though, thats for sure... He also seems to get to 3rd gear pretty fast, and before u know it,hes on top of u.. I also like how he can get on top of a ball carrier before the ball carrier can really decide which way to go.. If a ball carrier wants to be tenative with this guy lingering, hes gonna find himself on the ground, behind the line, thats for sure... This kerrigan kid can ball...

Kerrigan did fair very nicely against nate solder in the senior bowl practices, and solder is probably the most athleticoffensive linemanin this draft class.

kyle vanden bosch has been a great player in this league because of his amazing motor despite having just average physical tools. i think kerrigan can be a solid pass rusher in this league, not an elite one tho. so do you take him with a top 15 pick? i dunno, i never once thought he was going to be a top 15 pick anyway. this is shaping up to be a special defensive line class and i see all of these players turning into good to elite players in their own unique ways. ill be rooting for kerrigan anyway, just a great leader and a guy who plays football the right way

[quote user="Neverend"]

Kerrigan did fair very nicely against nate solder in the senior bowl practices, and solder is probably the most athleticoffensive linemanin this draft class.

kyle vanden bosch has been a great player in this league because of his amazing motor despite having just average physical tools. i think kerrigan can be a solid pass rusher in this league, not an elite one tho. so do you take him with a top 15 pick? i dunno, i never once thought he was going to be a top 15 pick anyway. this is shaping up to be a special defensive line class and i see all of these players turning into good to elite players in their own unique ways. ill be rooting for kerrigan anyway, just a great leader and a guy who plays football the right way

[/quote] oh, well, if he didn't do well against Nate Solder in the Sr Bowl, i guess that settles it...lol I here what your saying, but i also think, hes a super Prospect with a beuaty of a first step, pure strength, non stop motor, enough athletic ability, and superb run stopping capabilities... I think hes gonna have a beast career... He should definetly be in the next group after the elite prospects....

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I think Ryan Kerrigan should be on that Next Up list....
    [/quote] I think he would be behind that second group, he just doesnt really have an elite skill set. Hes a solid player and gives 100% effort every play, hes just not that great of an athlete.[/quote] Hes got some speed, thats for sure... I think hes gonna be a animal on the next level with his speed, agility, and non stop motor, not to mention, hes above solid against the run... I think he'll be surprising in the in the combine as well...

We shall see, though... I def would have em in the top 5lists of any DE rankings...
    [/quote]Eh his speed is average really all his physical attributes are average. I think he should bulk up and play strongside end. I dont see him being as an elite pass rusher at the next level. I think he will be a good all around player though. Give u some of everything. I think he will become a very good run defender give U 8 sacks thats a pretty good football player.[/quote] ya, thats pretty good, and probably gonna be better then most of the guys talked about going in the top 10...lol And, thats the truth! Kerrigan is a Safe bet for 8sacks a yr, and 60-70tackles... He also plays nasty, with a all out, attitude... I think you'll be surprised by his speed at the combine... Maybe not super man fast, but pretty fast.. To be honest, i think people don't think of em as fast as he is, because hes white... Now, thats a touchy subject, i know, and i actually understand why some people feel that way, as players of color, for the most part, warp white fellas in athletic ability and speed, most of the time, but Kerrigan is a exception, and he gets to the QB very quickly... Hes pretty explosive, and it isn't all motor, hes built like a OX, very very strong, and i'll be shocked, if he isn't one of the best Pass Rushers to come outta this draft in a few yrs...

Look at this first step, and look at how quick hes on Terrelle Pryor and around the Tackle on the next play.. This actually makes me laugh, watching num 76 for Oh St in the first play..lol

PURDUE DEFENSIVE END RYAN KERRIGAN VS. OHIO STATE[img]sacore:green.gif[/img]

[/quote]

Im talking about his speed comparatively to the weakside ends in the classlike Quinn and Aldon Smith. I think his speed is good for a strongside end. I think he will have an advantage on the corner against RT's while maybe not against LT's. It should help him generate some more sacks and be an upper tier type rusher from the strongside while middle of the pack from the weakside.

[/quote] ya, maybe.. I'm not sold, that hes not super explosive from any side, and that hes not just a Good player, that can do damage against any Tackles, but i see what your saying.. I find overanalyzing sometimes of Prospects, on my part, and sometimes, i think we all do it.. Kerrigan to me, seems pretty agile, and athletic, but just adds some of the Strong side defensive End charecteristics to his game as well, like being powerful and stout against the run... I think u line em up against any Tackle, and hes got a shot, against a mid pack LT, hes gonna eat em up, fast or not... He does have one fast first step though, thats for sure... He also seems to get to 3rd gear pretty fast, and before u know it,hes on top of u.. I also like how he can get on top of a ball carrier before the ball carrier can really decide which way to go.. If a ball carrier wants to be tenative with this guy lingering, hes gonna find himself on the ground, behind the line, thats for sure... This kerrigan kid can ball...
    [/quote]I think he may start his career as a weakside end add some bulk get up to 275 and flip to the strongside in a year or 2 kind of like Chris Long.Thats where I believe his long term spot is.But yeah i could be over doing it with the analyzing

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...in-school.html

Wes Bunting

A look at five junior prospects whose draft stock would have been better served if they stayed in school for their senior year.

RB John Clay: Wisconsin
    Clay is a guy who is never going to get much more explosive or dynamic, and maybe him thinking that the less wear and tear on his legs the better in terms of his pro career. However, when you watch the guy on tape heís just a really ďblahĒ athlete who is going to struggle to make anyone miss at the next level and is rarely going to be able to create for himself. Add in the two facts that the Wisconsin offense was actually better when he wasnít in the game and that this is a very deep running back class in 2011, and I have a hard time seeing Clay come off the board much before the later portions of the draft.

WR DeAndre Brown: Southern Miss
    There is no question in my mind that this guy is an NFL-caliber talent. When healthy, Brown possesses a real burst for a big man, runs well after the catch and knows how to use his big frame to go up and get the football. However, heís suffered a number of injuries ever since the end of his freshman season and watching him at times this past year, he looked like a shell of the guy we saw in 2008. There are also character and immaturity issues with Brown as well. I thought if he were to come back for his senior year, put his best foot forward, prove heís healthy and have a strong year that he could make a run at the top-100 picks. However, with so many off the field and medical questions surrounding his name, I have a hard time seeing him go much before the final two rounds.

FS Will Hill: Florida
    Hill is a former five-star recruit who has only one full year of starting experience while at Florida. And despite being an intriguing size/speed athlete the fact is the guy doesnít make many plays in the deep half on the football. He had only two interceptions in 2010, only one other pass breakup and when watching him on tape he isnít a real instinctive defender. Plus, heís not real polished in his drop, isnít real clean getting out of his breaks and isnít a real impressive tackler. He was a hyped-up recruit who got some pub early in his career because of his overall athletic ability. However, as a football player and safety the guy still has a long ways to go and would have been much better served in my view to stay at Florida for another year and develop at his trade.

OLB Thomas Keiser: Stanford
    Keiser was a productive DE/OLB prospect for the Cardinal who recorded 19.5 sacks over the past three seasons, playing both from a two- and three-point stance. However, coming off a junior year where he had only 4.5 sacks standing up as a 34 OLB the thought was in most draft circles that he was definitely coming back. That wasnít the case. Since then Keiser was one of the notable snubs for the NFL Combine and will need to prove he has the kind of athleticism needed to be an effective pass rusher either at DE/OLB at his pro day only. He looks nothing more than a late-round pick at this stage, where as I thought if he were to come back for his senior year and have a productive season, the mid rounds could have been a likely possibility come 2012.

RB Darren Evans: Virginia Tech
    Much like John Clay, I get the idea that a physical running back like Evans needs to come out as early as possible in order to limit the wear and tear on the tires. However, with Evans coming off a torn ACL that caused him to miss the 2009 season and showing no real burst to his game this past year, I think he would have been better served to take that second year of recovery where most athletes say you really start to get your initial explosion back. Evans now is a big medical concern who runs high and hard, doesnít have much wiggle to his game and is going to be nothing more than a late round/free agent type back. Heís also likely going to have a tough time making an NFL roster. Even if he was the number two guy at Virginia Tech next year, being able to show scouts heís healthier than he was in 2010 and have some kind of burst/explosion to his game ó unlike this year ó would have been better for his draft prospects than coming out early this year in a deep running back class with clear medical issues.

Not sure if this was posted

Cam Newton Workout Video

http://www.xx1090sandiego.com/pages/...ia_id=61818641

not much here but if your intersted. Warren Moon is coaching him it looks like

One thing though I wish I lived in San Diego

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...in-school.html

Wes Bunting

A look at five junior prospects whose draft stock would have been better served if they stayed in school for their senior year.

RB John Clay: Wisconsin
    Clay is a guy who is never going to get much more explosive or dynamic, and maybe him thinking that the less wear and tear on his legs the better in terms of his pro career. However, when you watch the guy on tape heís just a really ďblahĒ athlete who is going to struggle to make anyone miss at the next level and is rarely going to be able to create for himself. Add in the two facts that the Wisconsin offense was actually better when he wasnít in the game and that this is a very deep running back class in 2011, and I have a hard time seeing Clay come off the board much before the later portions of the draft.

WR DeAndre Brown: Southern Miss
    There is no question in my mind that this guy is an NFL-caliber talent. When healthy, Brown possesses a real burst for a big man, runs well after the catch and knows how to use his big frame to go up and get the football. However, heís suffered a number of injuries ever since the end of his freshman season and watching him at times this past year, he looked like a shell of the guy we saw in 2008. There are also character and immaturity issues with Brown as well. I thought if he were to come back for his senior year, put his best foot forward, prove heís healthy and have a strong year that he could make a run at the top-100 picks. However, with so many off the field and medical questions surrounding his name, I have a hard time seeing him go much before the final two rounds.

FS Will Hill: Florida
    Hill is a former five-star recruit who has only one full year of starting experience while at Florida. And despite being an intriguing size/speed athlete the fact is the guy doesnít make many plays in the deep half on the football. He had only two interceptions in 2010, only one other pass breakup and when watching him on tape he isnít a real instinctive defender. Plus, heís not real polished in his drop, isnít real clean getting out of his breaks and isnít a real impressive tackler. He was a hyped-up recruit who got some pub early in his career because of his overall athletic ability. However, as a football player and safety the guy still has a long ways to go and would have been much better served in my view to stay at Florida for another year and develop at his trade.

OLB Thomas Keiser: Stanford
    Keiser was a productive DE/OLB prospect for the Cardinal who recorded 19.5 sacks over the past three seasons, playing both from a two- and three-point stance. However, coming off a junior year where he had only 4.5 sacks standing up as a 34 OLB the thought was in most draft circles that he was definitely coming back. That wasnít the case. Since then Keiser was one of the notable snubs for the NFL Combine and will need to prove he has the kind of athleticism needed to be an effective pass rusher either at DE/OLB at his pro day only. He looks nothing more than a late-round pick at this stage, where as I thought if he were to come back for his senior year and have a productive season, the mid rounds could have been a likely possibility come 2012.

RB Darren Evans: Virginia Tech
    Much like John Clay, I get the idea that a physical running back like Evans needs to come out as early as possible in order to limit the wear and tear on the tires. However, with Evans coming off a torn ACL that caused him to miss the 2009 season and showing no real burst to his game this past year, I think he would have been better served to take that second year of recovery where most athletes say you really start to get your initial explosion back. Evans now is a big medical concern who runs high and hard, doesnít have much wiggle to his game and is going to be nothing more than a late round/free agent type back. Heís also likely going to have a tough time making an NFL roster. Even if he was the number two guy at Virginia Tech next year, being able to show scouts heís healthier than he was in 2010 and have some kind of burst/explosion to his game ó unlike this year ó would have been better for his draft prospects than coming out early this year in a deep running back class with clear medical issues.

[/quote] I seen Deandre Brown in one of his rare games he was healthy this yr(bowl game against Louisville), and all though, he wasen't overly productive, i see the talent.... Its hard not to think of Danario Alexander, when thinking of D.Brown..

I like Evans as a late Rd RB, that is worth a flier, and i agree with wes, he should've returned.. When u get late in this draft, the RB talent falls off, and thats why i have evans as a later rd RB i like, because hes shown enough power and production to hope u get lucky... His 2008 season will have GM's thinking of a steal, that can become a feature grinder in a backfield, and if he dosen't do anything, so be it, hes one of the best, Risk/Reward backs in this draft, because hes gonna be able to compete physcally with any team he goes against, and in a close game, possibly be that Grind it out, bulldozing back that is a nessecity on a winning team, and he reminds me alot of Kuhn for GB as far as skill set...

I am sitting here thinking, how the hell we aren't talking more about KJ Wright.. I keep forgetting about em, and noticed no one talking about em, but for a team that could certainly use a SLB, and Ayers most likley not being there when we pick in RD 1, KJ Wright is really a player we could target in the 3/4 rd range... I loved watching him play, and hes insanley good in Coverege for a player as big as he is, and he has very good speed, and some of the longest arms at the positon, and he was a no doubt leader of that turned around defense at Miss St... The guy finished 2nd on Miss St with 9pass defended, registered 3sacks, 98tackles, and was supposedly clocked as fast as 4.59 in the 40 yrd dash... This guy could be a super super player at the next level, and for someone i am so high on, i keep forgetting to talk more about em... Talk about flying under the radar.. I think Wrigth mite be one of the biggest steals in this draft, if he in fact does go in the 3rd-4th range....

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Cam Newton Workout Video

[/quote]
    I moving there next week

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Cam Newton Workout Video

[/quote]
    I moving there next week
    [/quote]

U suck , lol. I miss Florida sometimes but the heat was awful to. San Diego is perfect