+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 562 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

I just heard on NFL Network Lance Kendricks ran a 4.50 at his pro day...

They're talking about his stock moving into the 2nd round and they're comparing his work out to Dustin Keller.

[quote user="titwio"]I just heard on NFL Network Lance Kendricks ran a 4.50 at his pro day... They're talking about his stock moving into the 2nd round and they're comparing his work out to Dustin Keller.[/quote]Thats good for him. He looked bad at the combine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMhxFdhhcww

Demarco Murray vs Iowa state

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I gotta be honest, and this isnt about hating on Cam Newton, but I really hate how ESPN and even NFL network are covering offseasons now.

Last year was the Tim Tebow Show. This year is the Cam Newton Show. I hate that there are hundreds of other great prospects who people have to sift through the dark corners of the internet to find anything out about. Then there is Cam Newton, who we now have every bit of information we could possibly care about shoved down our throat. I would love it if major networks would get the masses involved in more than just 1(or a few) guy per offseason.
    [/quote] well said... It gets ridiculous, that these Networks think we all care so much about freaking the top QB, to the point, its all we want to here about day in and day out... THey just dont stop...I'd love to here about guys like Brandon Burton, and guys like that, but noooooooo, we gotta here about Cam, Cam, and more Cam! AHHHHHHHHH!!!
    [/quote]Burton went up against some of the better receivers in the draft. He had some problems with Austin Pettis. He played well against Baldwin except for one miscommunication with the safety and Baldwin got deep on him.[/quote] Thanks Redeye!!!lol I can always count on you, to give me news on guys...i think i heard all i can about Nick Fairley, Cam Newton, and patrick peterson..

The funny thing is, you'd think these networks would learn, how many of the best players from everydraft come from RDs 2 and 3 and 4 even, ala Brandon jacobs, Steve Smith, Chris Snee...etc...etc They need to widen there analaysis.. We all know about Cam Newton and what he brings, most don't know about guys like Benjamin Ijalana and Mason Foster and those type guys...

I mean, of course we do, but i'd still like em to do a segment on Talent found outside of the 1st rd, and who those guys could be this yr, and stuff like that...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I gotta be honest, and this isnt about hating on Cam Newton, but I really hate how ESPN and even NFL network are covering offseasons now.

Last year was the Tim Tebow Show. This year is the Cam Newton Show. I hate that there are hundreds of other great prospects who people have to sift through the dark corners of the internet to find anything out about. Then there is Cam Newton, who we now have every bit of information we could possibly care about shoved down our throat. I would love it if major networks would get the masses involved in more than just 1(or a few) guy per offseason.
    [/quote] well said... It gets ridiculous, that these Networks think we all care so much about freaking the top QB, to the point, its all we want to here about day in and day out... THey just dont stop...I'd love to here about guys like Brandon Burton, and guys like that, but noooooooo, we gotta here about Cam, Cam, and more Cam! AHHHHHHHHH!!!
    [/quote]Burton went up against some of the better receivers in the draft. He had some problems with Austin Pettis. He played well against Baldwin except for one miscommunication with the safety and Baldwin got deep on him.[/quote] Thanks Redeye!!!lol I can always count on you, to give me news on guys...i think i heard all i can about Nick Fairley, Cam Newton, and patrick peterson..

The funny thing is, you'd think these networks would learn, how many of the best players from everydraft come from RDs 2 and 3 and 4 even, ala Brandon jacobs, Steve Smith, Chris Snee...etc...etc They need to widen there analaysis.. We all know about Cam Newton and what he brings, most don't know about guys like Benjamin Ijalana and Mason Foster and those type guys...

I mean, of course we do, but i'd still like em to do a segment on Talent found outside of the 1st rd, and who those guys could be this yr, and stuff like that...
    [/quote] Yeah but the majority of fans could care less about the draft after the big name guys. Not everyone is a draft junkie like the people on this thread

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I gotta be honest, and this isnt about hating on Cam Newton, but I really hate how ESPN and even NFL network are covering offseasons now.

[/quote]
    This sounds off the wall, but I liken it to Golf and Tiger Woods.

Every day for over a decade people heard NOTHING of the golf world that wasnt about Tiger. The PGA tour and all sports networks used his image and used him as the topic every time they talked about golf. Well, Now they are stuck with an audience that doesnt want to watch because the 1 guy they knew anything about is stinking it up. Fans are leaving in droves.

If the media, and the NFL put all their media in 1 egg basket, that egg better hatch into a something great because its likely going to result in huge lost dollars if he doesnt. They should spend some time getting people familiar with the other future stars out there instead of dedicating entire episodes of broadcasts to the shoe size and of Cam Newton because they have nothing else left to talk about this 1 kid.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I gotta be honest, and this isnt about hating on Cam Newton, but I really hate how ESPN and even NFL network are covering offseasons now.

[/quote] Yeah but the majority of fans could care less about the draft after the big name guys. Not everyone is a draft junkie like the people on this thread[/quote] True, but lets not forget, most of the top few prospects have no chance to go to any of the majoirty of football fans, fave teams... Seahawk fans, who are slightly casual, but still eager enough, to care at least about there 1st rder, could care less about Cam Newton, becasue they no, hes not playing there.... Theres only a handful of teams fans, that really give a rat about Cam and Peterson, because they actually have a chance to get one of em...

And, shows like Nfl's Path to the Draft, are for guys mostly like us, or i doubt people would be watching it, if they weren't draft nuts like us, and its the same deal on there, with alittle more analysis on other guys, but still, not to much...

Not to mention, Websites even, that have there own Draft Section, should know, if your visiting that area, more then likely, you are a draft nut, and u dont want to see the top story always being what Cam Newton ate for dinner the night before...lol

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I gotta be honest, and this isnt about hating on Cam Newton, but I really hate how ESPN and even NFL network are covering offseasons now.

[/quote]
    This sounds off the wall, but I liken it to Golf and Tiger Woods.

Every day for over a decade people heard NOTHING of the golf world that wasnt about Tiger. The PGA tour and all sports networks used his image and used him as the topic every time they talked about golf. Well, Now they are stuck with an audience that doesnt want to watch because the 1 guy they knew anything about is stinking it up. Fans are leaving in droves.

If the media, and the NFL put all their media in 1 egg basket, that egg better hatch into a something great because its likely going to result in huge lost dollars if he doesnt. They should spend some time getting people familiar with the other future stars out there instead of dedicating entire episodes of broadcasts to the shoe size and of Cam Newton because they have nothing else left to talk about this 1 kid.
    [/quote] nah, its not crazy, a very good way to look at it, and very true... The funny thing is, the top 20players to come outta this draft, are probably mostly gonna come outta other rds, outside of the 1st..

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Yeah but the majority of fans could care less about the draft after the big name guys. Not everyone is a draft junkie like the people on this thread[/quote]
    I dunno, I agree to a point.

But, every offseason people follow players for a couple reasons 1) they want that player on their pro team or 2) they followed that player or his team in college.

Auburn fans will follow Cam's progress in the NFL from afar. The fans of the team that drafts him will follow from too. Everyone else will be more interested in other players come draft day, and thats a lot of people being ignored. It would be nice if they had a chance to get to know those players prior to that day.

I know it cant happen for every player , but there are a LOT of great stories out there that the media ignores for the easy button(Cam Newton.) Its just annoying. He deserves coverage, dont get me wrong, but its way overdone.

possibly the best day for prodays is today....

March 10: Buffalo, Clemson, Fort Valley State, Fresno State,
    Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami (Fla.), Mississippi State,
    Nebraska, Oregon, Texas Tech, Washington State, West Texas A&M

Looking forward to seeing What Davonte Shannon has to offer from Buffalo, along with Jamie Harper, Marcus Gilchrist, Chris Hariston, Deandre McDaniel from Clemson, Chris Carter from Fresno St, James Brewer from Indiana(i liked him for our future RT for awhile now), Randall Cobb and Mike Hartline from Kentucky(hartline is a guy i wouldent mind having come in as a UDF), Bilal Powell, Johnny Patrick and Cam Graham from Louisville, Damion Berry from Miami, Sherrod and Kj Wright from MSU, Dejon Gomes, Roy Helu and Eric Hagg from Nebraska, Jeff Maehl from Oregon, and colby whitlock from Tex Tech....

A real nice day of prospects at prodays...