+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 562 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds4VJ7QWXfY</P>

Quinton Coples vs Tennenssee Music City Bowl</P>

Davonte Shannon hurt his Hammy today, during his proday... But, before he did, he looked very good, and showed off that Speed, that i thought i saw on tape anyways, and a nice Vertical jump.. This guy can play... I like the guys that have that Sideline to Sideline, all over the field attitude, that also combine legit athletic ability and a nose for the football... Shannon fits the bill... Way to go Davonte... I hope the giants get this kid, somehow

<h1>S Shannon hurts hamstring at Buffalo pro day
    </h1><div class="art_tabbed_nav"><ul id="articleTabs" class="tab"><li id="articleTabs_tab_article" class="selected">Article
    <li class="deselected" id="articleTabs_tab_comments">Comments[/list]
    <div class="more_in">more in New York »</div>
    </div><div class="mjArticleTools toolsMorelinks" id="afbtt.at.containers">
    <ul class="aTools"><li class="listFirst aToolUnit aToolType-link"><span>Email</span><li class="aToolUnit aToolType-link noLine"><span>Print</span><li class="aToolUnit aToolType-dropdown">
    <div id="afbtt.mjsave_container" class="dropdownTree ddState-collapsed">
    <div class="dropdown_container dropdownType-article collapsed IE6ddArticleCollapsed">
    <div class="dropdownTitlebar">
    <p class="tbType-saveThis"><span class="tbText">Save This</span> <span class="tbIndicator">? More</span></p>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class="dropdownContainer-expansion">
    </div>
    </div>
    <li class="aToolUnit aToolType-social ">
    <div class="popupType-social collapsed" id="afbtt.share.ddc">
    <ul class="tooltipBar tooltipType-share"><li class="tooltipUnit aFbLike" id="aFbLikeTop">
    <span></span>
    <li class="tooltipUnit">
    <div class="tooltipBox">
    <div class="tooltip">

Twitter</p>
    </div>
    </div>

<li class="tooltipUnit">
    <div class="tooltipBox">
    <div class="tooltip">

Digg</p>
    </div>
    </div>

<li class="tooltipUnit shareLink" id="afbtt.share.arrow">
    + More
    [/list]
    <div class="popup_socialbox popup_whitebox">
    <div class="popup_content">
    <span>close</span>
    <ul class="iconList">[*]Yahoo! Buzz[*]MySpace[*]del.icio.us[/list]</div></div></div>[/list]</div>
    <div id="article_pagination_top" class="articlePagination"> </div><h3 class="byline">
    <cite>Associated Press</cite>
    </h3>

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Safety Davonte Shannon
    aggravated a left hamstring injury, cutting short a chance to impress
    NFL scouts during the University at Buffalo's pro day.</p>

The four-time Mid-American Conference first-team selection came up
    limping near the end of his 40-yard dash Thursday. Shannon's first run
    was timed at about 4.5 seconds, and he wowed scouts with a vertical jump
    measured at 41½ inches.</p>

With his leg wrapped afterward, Shannon called the injury "a tweak." He said he first hurt his hamstring in January.</p>

Shannon is considered among the top 15 safeties available in the
    draft next month, making him a potential late-round selection. He led
    Buffalo with 120 tackles last season, and finished his four-year career
    with a school record 461.</p>
    <cite class="tagline">—Copyright 2011 Associated Press</cite>

Heres a cool article on Akeem Ayers from WES BUNTING...

Much like Brandon Spikes last year, could a team like a Patriots find another gem in Ayers? Wes Bunting</p>

<div class="col_630 bord_grey_1_b clear">
    <div id="post_actions" class="mar_1_b bg_f1f1f1 bord_grey_1_t bord_grey_1_b clear">
    <span>March 10, 2011</span>
    Print This
    </div>

<div id="post_comments" class="mar_1_b bg_e1e1e1 bord_grey_1_t bord_grey_1_l bord_grey_1_b">

9 Comments

</div>

</div>

</p>

As soon as the 4.84 40-time popped up under UCLA linebacker Akeem Ayers name,
    you could instantly hear the mummers of his draft stock falling. Ayers
    is an imposing 6-3, 254-pound backer who displays an impressive blend of
    power and explosion at the point of attack. He’s the one linebacker
    this year on tape who had the physical capability of not only destroying
    opposing pulling linemen in the hole, but showcased the range to make
    plays in pursuit as well. Plus, for his size he exhibited impressive
    fluidity and balance when asked to change directions and demonstrated
    the straight-line speed to close quickly on the ball.</p>

Therefore, should his slow 40-time really hurt his draft stock? In my view… no.</p>

On tape he plays like a guy who runs 4.6 and even when watching him
    during his Combine workout, directly following his 4.8+ 40, he still
    looked very fluid for a big guy, was explosive out of his breaks and
    based off his workout alone, I would still say he could run in the 4.6
    range.</p>

Now, overall he will likely fall a bit further than he originally could
    have gone if he posted a better 40 time. However, much like Florida LB
    Brandon Spikes last year, who fell into the second round because of his
    slow 40-time, I could see Ayers end up having the same type of instant
    impact once he gets to the next level.</p>

Ayers isn’t nearly the natural football player that Spikes is. However,
    he definitely possesses a gifted skill set, can anchor, can shed, can
    run and looks capable of being versatile enough to perform in just about
    any scheme. Plus, he has experience playing with his hand on the ground
    and exhibits some natural pass rush ability off the edge, making him an
    intriguing candidate for any 34 defense.</p>

Every draft we see a number of good football players fall during this
    time of the year because of a poor 40 time, that end up developing into
    early impact players at the next level. And following the Combine, I
    think that prospect could end up being Ayers this year, and whatever
    team ends up getting their hands on him is going to be happy that he
    did.</p>

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Davonte Shannon hurt his Hammy today, during his proday... But, before he did, he looked very good, and showed off that Speed, that i thought i saw on tape anyways, and a nice Vertical jump.. This guy can play... I like the guys that have that Sideline to Sideline, all over the field attitude, that also combine legit athletic ability and a nose for the football... Shannon fits the bill... Way to go Davonte... I hope the giants get this kid, somehow

<h1>S Shannon hurts hamstring at Buffalo pro day
    </h1><div class="art_tabbed_nav"><ul id="articleTabs" class="tab"><li id="articleTabs_tab_article" class="selected">Article
    <li class="deselected" id="articleTabs_tab_comments">Comments[/list]
    <div class="more_in">more in New York »</div>
    </div><div class="mjArticleTools toolsMorelinks" id="afbtt.at.containers">
    <ul class="aTools"><li class="listFirst aToolUnit aToolType-link"><span>Email</span><li class="aToolUnit aToolType-link noLine"><span>Print</span><li class="aToolUnit aToolType-dropdown">
    <div id="afbtt.mjsave_container" class="dropdownTree ddState-collapsed">
    <div class="dropdown_container dropdownType-article collapsed IE6ddArticleCollapsed">
    <div class="dropdownTitlebar">
    <p class="tbType-saveThis"><span class="tbText">Save This</span> <span class="tbIndicator">? More</span></p>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class="dropdownContainer-expansion">
    </div>
    </div>
    <li class="aToolUnit aToolType-social ">
    <div class="popupType-social collapsed" id="afbtt.share.ddc">
    <ul class="tooltipBar tooltipType-share"><li class="tooltipUnit aFbLike" id="aFbLikeTop">
    <span></span>
    <li class="tooltipUnit">
    <div class="tooltipBox">
    <div class="tooltip">

Twitter</p>
    </div>
    </div>

<li class="tooltipUnit">
    <div class="tooltipBox">
    <div class="tooltip">

Digg</p>
    </div>
    </div>

<li class="tooltipUnit shareLink" id="afbtt.share.arrow">
    + More
    [/list]
    <div class="popup_socialbox popup_whitebox">
    <div class="popup_content">
    <span>close</span>
    <ul class="iconList">[*]Yahoo! Buzz[*]MySpace[*]del.icio.us[/list]</div></div></div>[/list]</div>
    <div id="article_pagination_top" class="articlePagination"> </div><h3 class="byline">
    <cite>Associated Press</cite>
    </h3>

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Safety Davonte Shannon
    aggravated a left hamstring injury, cutting short a chance to impress
    NFL scouts during the University at Buffalo's pro day.</p>

The four-time Mid-American Conference first-team selection came up
    limping near the end of his 40-yard dash Thursday. Shannon's first run
    was timed at about 4.5 seconds, and he wowed scouts with a vertical jump
    measured at 41½ inches.</p>

With his leg wrapped afterward, Shannon called the injury "a tweak." He said he first hurt his hamstring in January.</p>

Shannon is considered among the top 15 safeties available in the
    draft next month, making him a potential late-round selection. He led
    Buffalo with 120 tackles last season, and finished his four-year career
    with a school record 461.</p>
    <cite class="tagline">—Copyright 2011 Associated Press</cite>
    [/quote]has he had any history with his hammy before? dont want another Ross on our hands

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Heres a cool article on Akeem Ayers from WES BUNTING...

Much like Brandon Spikes last year, could a team like a Patriots find another gem in Ayers? Wes Bunting</P>
    <DIV class="col_630 bord_grey_1_b clear">
    <DIV class="mar_1_b bg_f1f1f1 bord_grey_1_t bord_grey_1_b clear" id=post_actions><SPAN>March 10, 2011</SPAN> Print This </DIV>
    <DIV class="mar_1_b bg_e1e1e1 bord_grey_1_t bord_grey_1_l bord_grey_1_b" id=post_comments>9 Comments </DIV></DIV>

</P>

As soon as the 4.84 40-time popped up under UCLA linebacker Akeem Ayers name, you could instantly hear the mummers of his draft stock falling. Ayers is an imposing 6-3, 254-pound backer who displays an impressive blend of power and explosion at the point of attack. He’s the one linebacker this year on tape who had the physical capability of not only destroying opposing pulling linemen in the hole, but showcased the range to make plays in pursuit as well. Plus, for his size he exhibited impressive fluidity and balance when asked to change directions and demonstrated the straight-line speed to close quickly on the ball.</P>

Therefore, should his slow 40-time really hurt his draft stock? In my view… no.</P>

On tape he plays like a guy who runs 4.6 and even when watching him during his Combine workout, directly following his 4.8+ 40, he still looked very fluid for a big guy, was explosive out of his breaks and based off his workout alone, I would still say he could run in the 4.6 range.</P>

Now, overall he will likely fall a bit further than he originally could have gone if he posted a better 40 time. However, much like Florida LB Brandon Spikes last year, who fell into the second round because of his slow 40-time, I could see Ayers end up having the same type of instant impact once he gets to the next level.</P>

Ayers isn’t nearly the natural football player that Spikes is. However, he definitely possesses a gifted skill set, can anchor, can shed, can run and looks capable of being versatile enough to perform in just about any scheme. Plus, he has experience playing with his hand on the ground and exhibits some natural pass rush ability off the edge, making him an intriguing candidate for any 34 defense.</P>

Every draft we see a number of good football players fall during this time of the year because of a poor 40 time, that end up developing into early impact players at the next level. And following the Combine, I think that prospect could end up being Ayers this year, and whatever team ends up getting their hands on him is going to be happy that he did.</P>

[/quote]Yeah but Spikes went to play inside in a 3-4 defense to hide some of his foot speed.The seem thing may be best for Ayers. I was actually shocked he ran that, he looks faster to me then that. I thought he would run a 4.65. I think Ayers best bet is a 3-4 . He isnt great at one thing but he isnt bad at anything either. His versatility can really show up in a 3-4 where he can do a little bit of everything.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Heres a cool article on Akeem Ayers from WES BUNTING...

Much like Brandon Spikes last year, could a team like a Patriots find another gem in Ayers? Wes Bunting</p>
    <div class="col_630 bord_grey_1_b clear">
    <div class="mar_1_b bg_f1f1f1 bord_grey_1_t bord_grey_1_b clear" id="post_actions"><span>March 10, 2011</span> Print This </div>
    <div class="mar_1_b bg_e1e1e1 bord_grey_1_t bord_grey_1_l bord_grey_1_b" id="post_comments">9 Comments </div></div>

</p>

As soon as the 4.84 40-time popped up under UCLA linebacker Akeem Ayers name, you could instantly hear the mummers of his draft stock falling. Ayers is an imposing 6-3, 254-pound backer who displays an impressive blend of power and explosion at the point of attack. He’s the one linebacker this year on tape who had the physical capability of not only destroying opposing pulling linemen in the hole, but showcased the range to make plays in pursuit as well. Plus, for his size he exhibited impressive fluidity and balance when asked to change directions and demonstrated the straight-line speed to close quickly on the ball.</p>

Therefore, should his slow 40-time really hurt his draft stock? In my view… no.</p>

On tape he plays like a guy who runs 4.6 and even when watching him during his Combine workout, directly following his 4.8+ 40, he still looked very fluid for a big guy, was explosive out of his breaks and based off his workout alone, I would still say he could run in the 4.6 range.</p>

Now, overall he will likely fall a bit further than he originally could have gone if he posted a better 40 time. However, much like Florida LB Brandon Spikes last year, who fell into the second round because of his slow 40-time, I could see Ayers end up having the same type of instant impact once he gets to the next level.</p>

Ayers isn’t nearly the natural football player that Spikes is. However, he definitely possesses a gifted skill set, can anchor, can shed, can run and looks capable of being versatile enough to perform in just about any scheme. Plus, he has experience playing with his hand on the ground and exhibits some natural pass rush ability off the edge, making him an intriguing candidate for any 34 defense.</p>

Every draft we see a number of good football players fall during this time of the year because of a poor 40 time, that end up developing into early impact players at the next level. And following the Combine, I think that prospect could end up being Ayers this year, and whatever team ends up getting their hands on him is going to be happy that he did.</p>

[/quote]Yeah but Spikes went to play inside in a 3-4 defense to hide some of his foot speed.The seem thing may be best for Ayers. I was actually shocked he ran that, he looks faster to me then that. I thought he would run a 4.65. I think Ayers best bet is a 3-4 . He isnt great at one thing but he isnt bad at anything either. His versatility can really show up in a 3-4 where he can do a little bit of everything.[/quote] ya, but he also goes on to say, that Ayers has a Skillset and versatility to play in any scheme..

Lets face it.. The combine dosen't matter, all that much anyways.. None of the guys do what they did at the combine, at there prodays... Just yesterday alone, Brandon Harris had a Worse Vertical, and Jeff Maehl, Derek Sherrod and Kj Wright all ran worse 40's then they did at the combine, and guys like Justin Harper, Mark Ingram ran better 40times, and Damion Berry lost 5or6 lbs since then... The combine, is just one day to these guys, not a definite, what they do on any and all days... Like i said then, u time these guys tommorow, and they'll probably be diffrent times and leaps and all that stuff... It'd be silly to think hes a 3/4 guy based on just the combine... If he plays faster on the feild, and is scheme versatile, and can play in coverege, along with rush the passer and make plays against the run, then he can play in any system....

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Heres a cool article on Akeem Ayers from WES BUNTING...

Much like Brandon Spikes last year, could a team like a Patriots find another gem in Ayers? Wes Bunting</P>
    <DIV class="col_630 bord_grey_1_b clear">
    <DIV class="mar_1_b bg_f1f1f1 bord_grey_1_t bord_grey_1_b clear" id=post_actions><SPAN>March 10, 2011</SPAN> Print This </DIV>
    <DIV class="mar_1_b bg_e1e1e1 bord_grey_1_t bord_grey_1_l bord_grey_1_b" id=post_comments>9 Comments </DIV></DIV>

</P>

As soon as the 4.84 40-time popped up under UCLA linebacker Akeem Ayers name, you could instantly hear the mummers of his draft stock falling. Ayers is an imposing 6-3, 254-pound backer who displays an impressive blend of power and explosion at the point of attack. He’s the one linebacker this year on tape who had the physical capability of not only destroying opposing pulling linemen in the hole, but showcased the range to make plays in pursuit as well. Plus, for his size he exhibited impressive fluidity and balance when asked to change directions and demonstrated the straight-line speed to close quickly on the ball.</P>

Therefore, should his slow 40-time really hurt his draft stock? In my view… no.</P>

On tape he plays like a guy who runs 4.6 and even when watching him during his Combine workout, directly following his 4.8+ 40, he still looked very fluid for a big guy, was explosive out of his breaks and based off his workout alone, I would still say he could run in the 4.6 range.</P>

Now, overall he will likely fall a bit further than he originally could have gone if he posted a better 40 time. However, much like Florida LB Brandon Spikes last year, who fell into the second round because of his slow 40-time, I could see Ayers end up having the same type of instant impact once he gets to the next level.</P>

Ayers isn’t nearly the natural football player that Spikes is. However, he definitely possesses a gifted skill set, can anchor, can shed, can run and looks capable of being versatile enough to perform in just about any scheme. Plus, he has experience playing with his hand on the ground and exhibits some natural pass rush ability off the edge, making him an intriguing candidate for any 34 defense.</P>

Every draft we see a number of good football players fall during this time of the year because of a poor 40 time, that end up developing into early impact players at the next level. And following the Combine, I think that prospect could end up being Ayers this year, and whatever team ends up getting their hands on him is going to be happy that he did.</P>

[/quote]Yeah but Spikes went to play inside in a 3-4 defense to hide some of his foot speed.The seem thing may be best for Ayers. I was actually shocked he ran that, he looks faster to me then that. I thought he would run a 4.65. I think Ayers best bet is a 3-4 . He isnt great at one thing but he isnt bad at anything either. His versatility can really show up in a 3-4 where he can do a little bit of everything.[/quote] ya, but he also goes on to say, that Ayers has a Skillset and versatility to play in any scheme..

Lets face it.. The combine dosen't matter, all that much anyways.. None of the guys do what they did at the combine, at there prodays... Just yesterday alone, Brandon Harris had a Worse Vertical, and Jeff Maehl, Derek Sherrod and Kj Wright all ran worse 40's then they did at the combine, and guys like Justin Harper, Mark Ingram ran better 40times, and Damion Berry lost 5or6 lbs since then... The combine, is just one day to these guys, not a definite, what they do on any and all days... Like i said then, u time these guys tommorow, and they'll probably be diffrent times and leaps and all that stuff... It'd be silly to think hes a 3/4 guy based on just the combine... If he plays faster on the feild, and is scheme versatile, and can play in coverege, along with rush the passer and make plays against the run, then he can play in any system....
    [/quote]I thought he was a better 3-4 prospect before the combine as well so yeah his 40 time didnt actually change anything for me in reality

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]ya, but he also goes on to say, that Ayers has a Skillset and versatility to play in any scheme..

[/quote]</P>

at least there is one person out there still alive who supports akeem ayers around here. Akeem Ayers game speed is arguably one of the best out of all the linebackers. So what if he ran slow? He's FLUID whereas Martez Wilson runs fast but is STIFF. A man like martez wilson can run fast in a straight line down a seam with a receiver on a go route, sure. but is he going to cover slants or intermediate routes with as stiff as he is? No. 40 times might be the most overrated drill in the book.</P>

I was watching the LSU Texas A&amp;M Bowl game again yesterday. I was really impressed with the true freshman Damonte Moore the kid can play. He is going to put up some sack numbers. </P>

Hey did U know that Clay Matthews and Casey matthews cousin plays for Tackle for Texas A &amp;m. RT Jake Matthwes is a true freshman. Cant wait till 3 years from now everyone will be saying to to draft him</P>

[quote user="nevada11"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]ya, but he also goes on to say, that Ayers has a Skillset and versatility to play in any scheme..

[/quote]</P>

at least there is one person out there still alive who supports akeem ayers around here. Akeem Ayers game speed is arguably one of the best out of all the linebackers. So what if he ran slow? He's FLUID whereas Martez Wilson runs fast but is STIFF. A man like martez wilson can run fast in a straight line down a seam with a receiver on a go route, sure. but is he going to cover slants or intermediate routes with as stiff as he is? No. 40 times might be the most overrated drill in the book.</P>[/quote]the 3 cone drill shows speed and agility and Ayers did poorly in that as well. Wilson was almost a half a sec better U have no idea what your talking about. I could care less about Ayers physical numbers really. I think he is a good football player. I just think he makes more sense in a 3-4