+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 562 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Jacquizz Rodgers runs a 4.47 at Oregon State pro day...(Combine 4.64)

Wonder how that helps his stock....

K.J Wright runs a slower 40 than the combine but adds 2" to his vertical...

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]How the Heck did Jaquizz Rodgers gain a Inch in Height since the Combine??LOL Now, hes 5ft 7inch..lol He also ran a 4.47, big diffrence between that and 4.6something he ran at combine.. Also, Marcus Cannon lost like 8lbs or something since the combine.. I just don't get why we bother with the combine, outside of the drills, it seems, its that day, and the next can be 100pct diffrent, if u had it again... Oh well, people are slowely catching on....

Its something to do, i think, more then anything else....

God, i can't wait untill the draft.....

[/quote]The surface of the tracks are different for the 40 times thats why u get such different times.Many pro days are run on fast tracks.The combine gives them a chance to put everybody on even ground to see how they stack up against each other.The scouts and coaches want to see how the kids react and perform out of there element when things are not controlled by there people.The Pro day stuff I throw out the window unless they didnt perform the drill or where hurt at the combine.[/quote] The surfaces at the proday are better then the surfaces at the combine? So, all the schools have the same Surface for prodays? i don't know about that.. Also, that dosen't explain guys losing inches on there vertical(see brandon Harris and jimmy smith), or Losing Speed on there 40(see sherrod, Kj Wrigh and jeff maehlt, kendall hunter), and gaining inch's on there Height(see jaquizz rodgers) or improving there vertical by 4inches(see eric hagg), or improving there broad jump(see jeff maehl), or losing like 9lbs(see marcus cannon), or even crazier, 12lbs(see nate solder)..

I could go on like this forever, but u get the point....

[quote user="titwio"]Jacquizz Rodgers runs a 4.47 at Oregon State pro day...(Combine 4.64)

Wonder how that helps his stock....

K.J Wright runs a slower 40 than the combine but adds 2" to his vertical...[/quote] I think it just again, makes u have to look at tape, and how they performed in drills, alot more, because the diffrence between combines and prodays, is ridiculous... And alot of players know this, hence, alot of em not perorming certain things at there prodays, because they know how easy it can be diffrent... I think if u like Jaquizz, u have to like jaquizz.. I mean, i mocked him to us in RD 3, after the combine, so his proday does nothing for me, i still really like em.... I'm sure it won't hurt his stock, thats for sure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xufNIWdcs

Von Miller vs LSU Cotton Bowl

2012 RB Prospect Cyrus Gray vs LSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiKfS2Olc9I

Patrck Peterson vs Txas A&M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RDNEj9TFRM

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]How the Heck did Jaquizz Rodgers gain a Inch in Height since the Combine??LOL Now, hes 5ft 7inch..lol He also ran a 4.47, big diffrence between that and 4.6something he ran at combine.. Also, Marcus Cannon lost like 8lbs or something since the combine.. I just don't get why we bother with the combine, outside of the drills, it seems, its that day, and the next can be 100pct diffrent, if u had it again... Oh well, people are slowely catching on....

[/quote]The surface of the tracks are different for the 40 times thats why u get such different times.Many pro days are run on fast tracks.The combine gives them a chance to put everybody on even ground to see how they stack up against each other.The scouts and coaches want to see how the kids react and perform out of there element when things are not controlled by there people.The Pro day stuff I throw out the window unless they didnt perform the drill or where hurt at the combine.[/quote] The surfaces at the proday are better then the surfaces at the combine? So, all the schools have the same Surface for prodays? i don't know about that.. Also, that dosen't explain guys losing inches on there vertical(see brandon Harris and jimmy smith), or Losing Speed on there 40(see sherrod, Kj Wrigh and jeff maehlt, kendall hunter), and gaining inch's on there Height(see jaquizz rodgers) or improving there vertical by 4inches(see eric hagg), or improving there broad jump(see jeff maehl), or losing like 9lbs(see marcus cannon), or even crazier, 12lbs(see nate solder)..

[/quote]Tracks absolutely vary.Some surfaces produce faster times some slower. The combine everyone is on even ground so I believe thats the best way to judge guys speed.I ignorepro day times because im unable to weigh it objectively against other players. Everyones weight varys from day to day most people have 5 pound swings in there weight on a normal basis.Guys like Cannon and Solder being over 300 pounds for them 10 pounds is really nothing. The height thing is weird and must be mistakes there is no way to explain that. Ive seen that with arm length 2. Your right that things vary from day to day somedays u just are in better physical condition. There really shouldnt be so much of a difference though. Hagg gaining 4 inches on a vertical is definitely weird there really shouldnt be that much of a difference. I can see an 1" maybe 2 but 4 is a lot.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xufNIWdcs

Von Miller vs LSU Cotton Bowl

2012 RB Prospect Cyrus Gray vs LSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiKfS2Olc9I

Patrck Peterson vs Txas A&M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RDNEj9TFRM

[/quote] i was gonna ask u about Cyrus Gray.. Cool! Hes a beast... ALso, with Fuller at WR, and Tannehill at QB, there gonna be a potent offense at A&M...

I was wondering if u could do micahel egnew vs IOWA game, if u get some time....

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]How the Heck did Jaquizz Rodgers gain a Inch in Height since the Combine??LOL Now, hes 5ft 7inch..lol He also ran a 4.47, big diffrence between that and 4.6something he ran at combine.. Also, Marcus Cannon lost like 8lbs or something since the combine.. I just don't get why we bother with the combine, outside of the drills, it seems, its that day, and the next can be 100pct diffrent, if u had it again... Oh well, people are slowely catching on....

[/quote]Tracks absolutely vary.Some surfaces produce faster times some slower. The combine everyone is on even ground so I believe thats the best way to judge guys speed.I ignorepro day times because im unable to weigh it objectively against other players. Everyones weight varys from day to day most people have 5 pound swings in there weight on a normal basis.Guys like Cannon and Solder being over 300 pounds for them 10 pounds is really nothing. The height thing is weird and must be mistakes there is no way to explain that. Ive seen that with arm length 2. Your right that things vary from day to day somedays u just are in better physical condition. There really shouldnt be so much of a difference though. Hagg gaining 4 inches on a vertical is definitely weird there really shouldnt be that much of a difference. I can see an 1" maybe 2 but 4 is a lot.[/quote] Diffrent, yes, better, i would have no idea...
    Also, if it was so easy for guys to gain weight, why were u so worried about Earl Thomas's weight last yr, or anyone alittle underweight for that matter?

People are worried about SODERS weight, as they think he has a tough time keeping weight on, now... To me, the combine is one workout, and like any workout, u can have a good workout, or a bad one, and the next day, could be totally diffrent.. I'm to the point, where i don't have any belief in what i see there, excpet the fact its possible for whoever did what, to do it... Its all good though, just something i'm not gonna take much stock in at all, anynore.. Dont get me wrong, i'll always watch, and still be interested...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]How the Heck did Jaquizz Rodgers gain a Inch in Height since the Combine??LOL Now, hes 5ft 7inch..lol He also ran a 4.47, big diffrence between that and 4.6something he ran at combine.. Also, Marcus Cannon lost like 8lbs or something since the combine.. I just don't get why we bother with the combine, outside of the drills, it seems, its that day, and the next can be 100pct diffrent, if u had it again... Oh well, people are slowely catching on....

[/quote]Tracks absolutely vary.Some surfaces produce faster times some slower. The combine everyone is on even ground so I believe thats the best way to judge guys speed.I ignorepro day times because im unable to weigh it objectively against other players. Everyones weight varys from day to day most people have 5 pound swings in there weight on a normal basis.Guys like Cannon and Solder being over 300 pounds for them 10 pounds is really nothing. The height thing is weird and must be mistakes there is no way to explain that. Ive seen that with arm length 2. Your right that things vary from day to day somedays u just are in better physical condition. There really shouldnt be so much of a difference though. Hagg gaining 4 inches on a vertical is definitely weird there really shouldnt be that much of a difference. I can see an 1" maybe 2 but 4 is a lot.[/quote] Diffrent, yes, better, i would have no idea...
    Also, if it was so easy for guys to gain weight, why were u so worried about Earl Thomas's weight last yr, or anyone alittle underweight for that matter?

People are worried about SODERS weight, as they think he has a tough time keeping weight on, now... To me, the combine is one workout, and like any workout, u can have a good workout, or a bad one, and the next day, could be totally diffrent.. I'm to the point, where i don't have any belief in what i see there, excpet the fact its possible for whoever did what, to do it... Its all good though, just something i'm not gonna take much stock in at all, anynore.. Dont get me wrong, i'll always watch, and still be interested...
    [/quote]Earl Thomas wasnt 300 pounds and wasnt a tackle. 10 pounds that isnt muscle on a 190 pound guy could effect his speed. 320 to 300 isnt a big deal on a tackle 190 to 210 on a safety is.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...mors-1715.htmlWes bunting

The stock of Maryland RB DaíRel Scott is through the roof right now after timing in with a sub-4.4 forty time at the NFL combine. Iíve heard from several sources of him potentially getting a look late in round one. I donít buy it personally, but you never know just how high a guy can rise after a good workout.

Ummmm what.. I liked Scott as an option later in the draft but the first or even second round no way

Talked with a scout the other day who said he thinks Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett is a lock for round one. However, at the same time he said he would take Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick any day in the second round over using a first on Mallett.

I second that. There are things i like on tape from Mallet but everything i see on him is that he is a total head case

ē With the Dolphins in need of adding more playmakers to their tight end position, we are hearing that there is a significant interest from the Fins in Arkansas tight end D.J. Williams.

I dont buy any of these types of reports it probably means they want Virgil Green.

Pittsburgh DE Jabaal Sheard is the one guy who scouts seem to try to be keeping under the radar, as heís quietly moving up draft boards. He had an impressive workout, showcases natural explosion off the snap and from what Iím hearing NFL teams arenít real concerned with his character.

I agree here as well very good tape.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...mors-1715.htmlWes bunting

The stock of Maryland RB DaíRel Scott is through the roof right now after timing in with a sub-4.4 forty time at the NFL combine. Iíve heard from several sources of him potentially getting a look late in round one. I donít buy it personally, but you never know just how high a guy can rise after a good workout.

Ummmm what.. I liked Scott as an option later in the draft but the first or even second round no way

Talked with a scout the other day who said he thinks Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett is a lock for round one. However, at the same time he said he would take Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick any day in the second round over using a first on Mallett.

I second that. There are things i like on tape from Mallet but everything i see on him is that he is a total head case

ē With the Dolphins in need of adding more playmakers to their tight end position, we are hearing that there is a significant interest from the Fins in Arkansas tight end D.J. Williams.

I dont buy any of these types of reports it probably means they want Virgil Green.

Pittsburgh DE Jabaal Sheard is the one guy who scouts seem to try to be keeping under the radar, as heís quietly moving up draft boards. He had an impressive workout, showcases natural explosion off the snap and from what Iím hearing NFL teams arenít real concerned with his character.

I agree here as well very good tape.

[/quote]i 3rd that. me and nyc both liked him before the process began although i think i had more questions about him being in the pistol. having kept a close eye on him throughout the process i can say i trully believe he will be the best QB out of the bunch.