+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 562 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

I think the Giants might be looking at positions we're not even thinking about. Maybe no tackle or linebacker gets picked in the 1st 3 rounds.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6DGTN-_qxU

Courtney Upshaw vs Auburn

[/quote]Bama has a very solid group at the LB position (maybe the best in the nation). Upshaw is a stud and he could/should go in the top 15 if he stays healthy.
    [/quote]

Yeah Bamas defense is loaded overall this year. Upshaw,Hightower, and the sophomore CJ Mosely who will be the best of them all I believe. Plus up front Murphy and Square. Thesecondary Barron, Kirkpatrick. It takes me forever to go through an Alabama tape. I have to watch each play 3 times to see what everyone of those guys are doing. I have to really be in the mood to work on them because it takes a lot of paying attention.

I have a Hightower tape done that I havent uploaded yet. Donte Paige Moss 2. Im going to get to FSU soon. I kind of want to do a Shayne Skov tape first though.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Trent Richardson vs Penn State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_x0COyWKuU

[/quote] I'm a huge Richardson fan... Can't wait to see him get the majority of the carries next season...[/quote]

He will get the bulkbut Alabama has some guys on that roster at RB that are very good behind him. redshirt sophmore Eddie Lacy and Number 1 rivals all purpose back recruit Dee Hart.

[/quote]I expect a big year out of Richardson. Bold statement but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in NY this year walking away w/ either the Doak or Heisman award.
    [/quote]We shall see. He has that ability I just wonder if he will get enough touches. Lamichael James will ,Kniles Davis will, Marcus Lattimore will. I cant see how if Luck has another good year if he doesnt get it.[/quote]Luck is probably the frontrunner right now for the Heisman, but Richardson will at least get nominated for the Doak and make the trip to NY.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I forgot a 6th rd pick, crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

1. akeem ayers lb ucla
    2. davon house cb n.mex st
    3. jake kirkpatrick c t.c.u
    4. ross homan lb ohio st
    6. lee smith te marshall
    6. charles clay fb/te/rb/wr tulsa
    6. KYLE HIX RT TEXAS- a nice late rd sleeper RT player, with good size and expierence..
    7. davonte shannon ss buffalo
    [/quote]
    Looks good to me.

Ive said there are guys I like more than Ayers in the 1st, though its not like I would cry if we selected him.

Of course, you know I like Davonte Shannon. Im a big fan of Lee Smith, House and Kirkpatrick. Homan is not only exactly the type of player we need(43 old good in space) but he is exactly the type of class-act leader the Giants like to select. I do think A FB who can catch would be a nice addition to this team, so Clay would fit there.

Overal, I can say I would be quite happy with this draft.

[/quote] As bored as i am... I was wondering santa, if i changed my 1st rder, to a O-lineman, which would essentially, change my whole mock, do u like it????????

1. Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin- obviously, the pop pick is castanzo, but i'm slowley starting to think someone gets him before we pick and both ty.smith and ant castanzo are off the board.. I was impressed with carimi this past season, and hes a run mauling machine, with great charechter and confidence...I think he kinda gets a bum wrap, as people say, hes not athletic enough for LT, but i dont agree, and think hes just athletic enough, to handle most DE's, and his pure strength and strong hands and punch are uncanny... I liked Bulaga alot last yr, and i have carimi just above him.. He tested well at the combine, and with a stellar winning career to boot, whats not to like? Again, i don't think he's a athletic freak, but more athletic then some give credit for... Bradshaw will love running to his side, that is for sure.. Also, if i'm wrong about the LT thing, he can be our future stud at RT, with Beatty hopefully being the other half of our bookends...

2. Mason Foster LB Wash- a very involved LB, who really gets after it, has sideline to sideline capability, and solid instincts... Has the size, to hold up on the NFL level, and should be a 3down LB, and extremely good against the run.... I love this kid...

3. Deandre McDaniel SS Clem- a value pick here.. No more worrying about Chad Jones recovery, and we get a steal here, who last yr was a shoe in for RD1-2 consideration.. Hes got size, and more then enough speed, and could really hold his own in that Deon Grant Hybrid role, in my opinion.. Alot of upside here, as McDaniel could end up as a pro bowl S, when said and done.. Reminds me alot of Kenny Phillips coming out, for his phyiscal nature, but probably has a edge in Ball Skills... Also, a force in run support.. Good form while tackling, and should be a all around safety, exceling in both pass and run support..

4. John Moffitt G/C Wisconsin- a guy i freaking love, and had em mocked in RD 2, before a avg to bad combine.. It will certainly drop em(shoulden't), and i hope we pounce... with carimi and moffitt, we can really pound the rock, and Moffitt could develop into a C as well, as hes got some exp there.. Reese loves versatile players, and Moffitt has played all 3spots on the interior. Gives above avg Effort, on every play, and has a NY Giant phyisicallity to his play... A stronger version of Rich Seubert, in my opinion...

6. Cortez Allen CB Citadel- A sleeper i like, with good size and speed, Allen had a somewhat down season, or at least, Quiet season, due mostly to teams trying to avoid his side of the field, and kinda got back on Radars with a good combine.. In time, could surprise, and become a solid Corner, with added ball skills.... Excels in Man Coverege, and has some versatiilty, as he was moved around the secondary, mostly due to teams trying to elimate him from plays...

6. Lee Smith TE Marshall- See last mock

6. Evan Royster RB Penn St- a tough between the tackles runner, who can catch outta the backfield, very well.. Theres some upside here, and he could turn into a stud in the right situation.. Good blocker as well.. Might not be the speediest of backs, but can gain the hard short yards, with a rugged style of running, and also be a weapon in the pass catching game...

7. Dane Sazenbacher wr/kr Ohio St.- a blue collared player, who u take a chance on in these type rds, as u may just find a Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead type.. Always goes at 100pct, displays good hands, and if things work out, could become a big help, as a 3rd or 4th WR, in the slot, and on occasion, gets deep, and helps in return game... Gives it all, as a blocker as well..

A bunch of blue collared players here, and the Run game is helped immensly, and theres some upside toward teh back end with guys like Royster and Sazenbacher... The oline is solitfyed with the Corn bread wisconsin boys(moffitt and carimi), and added blocking with Lee Smith, making Bradshaw and Jacobs very happy men...lol U get gigantic rd 3 value in Mcdaniel, as hes got RD 1/2 type potential, and u got a guy in Cotrez Allen, who when said and done, could possibly be a starter....
    [/quote]Good value and good players. I like Moffit it seems like the combine that he took some hits.On tape he gets to the second level with ease. I think Moffit will be a starter in the NFL and I guy I would groom to play center.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6DGTN-_qxU

Courtney Upshaw vs Auburn

[/quote]Bama has a very solid group at the LB position (maybe the best in the nation). Upshaw is a stud and he could/should go in the top 15 if he stays healthy.
    [/quote]

Yeah Bamas defense is loaded overall this year. Upshaw,Hightower, and the sophomore CJ Mosely who will be the best of them all I believe. Plus up front Murphy and Square. Thesecondary Barron, Kirkpatrick. It takes me forever to go through an Alabama tape. I have to watch each play 3 times to see what everyone of those guys are doing. I have to really be in the mood to work on them because it takes a lot of paying attention.

I have a Hightower tape done that I havent uploaded yet. Donte Paige Moss 2. Im going to get to FSU soon. I kind of want to do a Shayne Skov tape first though.

[/quote]Yeah, that Alabama team is gonna be hard to beat this year. They are stacked on both sides of the ball w/ elite talent and most importantly have solid depth behind their starters. I'm looking forward to see them play the Gators in "The Swamp" on October 1st. Not that I think Florida will win that game, but it will be exciting and plenty of "elite talent" to watch on both sides of the ball.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I forgot a 6th rd pick, crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

1. akeem ayers lb ucla
    2. davon house cb n.mex st
    3. jake kirkpatrick c t.c.u
    4. ross homan lb ohio st
    6. lee smith te marshall
    6. charles clay fb/te/rb/wr tulsa
    6. KYLE HIX RT TEXAS- a nice late rd sleeper RT player, with good size and expierence..
    7. davonte shannon ss buffalo
    [/quote]
    Looks good to me.

Ive said there are guys I like more than Ayers in the 1st, though its not like I would cry if we selected him.

Of course, you know I like Davonte Shannon. Im a big fan of Lee Smith, House and Kirkpatrick. Homan is not only exactly the type of player we need(43 old good in space) but he is exactly the type of class-act leader the Giants like to select. I do think A FB who can catch would be a nice addition to this team, so Clay would fit there.

Overal, I can say I would be quite happy with this draft.

[/quote] As bored as i am... I was wondering santa, if i changed my 1st rder, to a O-lineman, which would essentially, change my whole mock, do u like it????????

1. Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin- obviously, the pop pick is castanzo, but i'm slowley starting to think someone gets him before we pick and both ty.smith and ant castanzo are off the board.. I was impressed with carimi this past season, and hes a run mauling machine, with great charechter and confidence...I think he kinda gets a bum wrap, as people say, hes not athletic enough for LT, but i dont agree, and think hes just athletic enough, to handle most DE's, and his pure strength and strong hands and punch are uncanny... I liked Bulaga alot last yr, and i have carimi just above him.. He tested well at the combine, and with a stellar winning career to boot, whats not to like? Again, i don't think he's a athletic freak, but more athletic then some give credit for... Bradshaw will love running to his side, that is for sure.. Also, if i'm wrong about the LT thing, he can be our future stud at RT, with Beatty hopefully being the other half of our bookends...

2. Mason Foster LB Wash- a very involved LB, who really gets after it, has sideline to sideline capability, and solid instincts... Has the size, to hold up on the NFL level, and should be a 3down LB, and extremely good against the run.... I love this kid...

3. Deandre McDaniel SS Clem- a value pick here.. No more worrying about Chad Jones recovery, and we get a steal here, who last yr was a shoe in for RD1-2 consideration.. Hes got size, and more then enough speed, and could really hold his own in that Deon Grant Hybrid role, in my opinion.. Alot of upside here, as McDaniel could end up as a pro bowl S, when said and done.. Reminds me alot of Kenny Phillips coming out, for his phyiscal nature, but probably has a edge in Ball Skills... Also, a force in run support.. Good form while tackling, and should be a all around safety, exceling in both pass and run support..

4. John Moffitt G/C Wisconsin- a guy i freaking love, and had em mocked in RD 2, before a avg to bad combine.. It will certainly drop em(shoulden't), and i hope we pounce... with carimi and moffitt, we can really pound the rock, and Moffitt could develop into a C as well, as hes got some exp there.. Reese loves versatile players, and Moffitt has played all 3spots on the interior. Gives above avg Effort, on every play, and has a NY Giant phyisicallity to his play... A stronger version of Rich Seubert, in my opinion...

6. Cortez Allen CB Citadel- A sleeper i like, with good size and speed, Allen had a somewhat down season, or at least, Quiet season, due mostly to teams trying to avoid his side of the field, and kinda got back on Radars with a good combine.. In time, could surprise, and become a solid Corner, with added ball skills.... Excels in Man Coverege, and has some versatiilty, as he was moved around the secondary, mostly due to teams trying to elimate him from plays...

6. Lee Smith TE Marshall- See last mock

6. Evan Royster RB Penn St- a tough between the tackles runner, who can catch outta the backfield, very well.. Theres some upside here, and he could turn into a stud in the right situation.. Good blocker as well.. Might not be the speediest of backs, but can gain the hard short yards, with a rugged style of running, and also be a weapon in the pass catching game...

7. Dane Sazenbacher wr/kr Ohio St.- a blue collared player, who u take a chance on in these type rds, as u may just find a Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead type.. Always goes at 100pct, displays good hands, and if things work out, could become a big help, as a 3rd or 4th WR, in the slot, and on occasion, gets deep, and helps in return game... Gives it all, as a blocker as well..

A bunch of blue collared players here, and the Run game is helped immensly, and theres some upside toward teh back end with guys like Royster and Sazenbacher... The oline is solitfyed with the Corn bread wisconsin boys(moffitt and carimi), and added blocking with Lee Smith, making Bradshaw and Jacobs very happy men...lol U get gigantic rd 3 value in Mcdaniel, as hes got RD 1/2 type potential, and u got a guy in Cotrez Allen, who when said and done, could possibly be a starter....
    [/quote]Good value and good players. I like Moffit it seems like the combine that he took some hits.On tape he gets to the second level with ease. I think Moffit will be a starter in the NFL and I guy I would groom to play center.[/quote]

A Clemson grad here. I'm not quite sure how I feel about Deandre McDaniel in the 3rd. He had a phenomenal breakout year his JR year. Last year he simply wasn't the same player. Missed lots of assignments and was beat deep multiple times. He also lost some of the viciousness he had his JR year. This is the same guy who in his JR picked off Christian Ponder, returned it only to see Ponder right in his sights, smiled, then laid him out and separated his shoulder effectively ending Ponder's season.

I'm not sure what happened to him in his SR yr. Some have suggested that he took it easy b/c he didn't want to risk injury, but I'm not sure I buy that. He often times found himself out of position and simply didn't come close to having the on field impact of his JR year. I view him as a boom or bust type player. He showed he has the skills, but can he find them again and further develop them once in the league?

Redeye, I'd be curious to hear your take on him?

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"]Mike Mayock on Akeem Ayers:

"when he has his hands off the line he seems lost to me, whether it be the run or the pass Akeem Ayers is not comfortable in when he is off the line. At this point in time he should be considered a 3-4 OLB"

he also talked about how he lacked explosion at the combine, also talked about his lack of strength (18 reps at the combine) and talked about how that was more of a DB number... (CB Jimmy Smith had 25 reps)

it seems as though the scouting process continues Akeem Ayers is proving to be more and more like Clint Sintim, that experiment failed, one can only hope the giants dont make that same mistake twice. Sintim fit Sherdians scheme and still failed. Can someone explain to me why the Giants would even be considering Ayers at 19? other then the fact that hes a LB?
    [/quote] Mike Mayock said right after Ayers ran his 40 at the combine, " i don't care, i look at the tape with Ayers"... Also, he says right here, that hes a fit for either a 3/4 or 4/3 team..
    On the prospects from the Southern California schools:

"Akeem Ayers, I've got him, I believe, as my No. 2 outside linebacker
    prospect. He's played both with his hand in the dirt and up. He played
    linebacker at UCLA. I think he's got first-round ability because of his
    natural ability to get to the quarterback. Most of the 3-4 teams are
    very interested in him, although I think he can play in a 4-3 scheme. So
    if you're scheme diverse, that's a good thing.

Secondly, Rahim Moore, the free safety at UCLA, in a bad, bad safety
    year, he's the best safety out there. Whether or not that gets him in
    the first round, I don't know. ... He reminded me on tape a little bit
    of Earl Tomas. Not quite as good, but he's got great range. I think
    he'll fit somewhere late one to mid two."

Ayers got a bad wrap simply because of the combine.. If u look at the overall performance of the kid, on the field, its a whole diffrent ball game.. His versatility is insane, as he lined up inside, outisde, and with hand in the dirt, and rushing off the edge, standing up.. He makes a ton of big plays, and that includes in coverege, where hes at least, held his own.. He looked good in the Drills at the combine,, and everyones in agreement there, if u go by the many many mock sites that actually talk about the drills, which they should....

Again, i like Ayers, but don't take this the wrong way, as there is other players i like for the 1ts rd as well, but i get sick of hering about his combine, as he shows on film, he can do many things and plays just as Quick as say, Martez Wilson, on tape, because he knows what hes doing on a football field, as opposed to some fo these guys, who sure, might run fast, but look clueless on the field...
    [/quote]

Just because Ayers could pay the 4-3, does not mean he will be as effective as he would be in a 3-4. Dont get me wrong, I think Ayers is going to be fantastic in a 3-4, that's the only reason why he has a first round grade in my opinion.

If you watched Ayers this year (im sure you did) he was far more effective at the beginning in the season then he was at the end. The reason? he was used differently. At the beginning he almost always lined up with his hand in the dirty whereas UCLA decided to play him standing up later in the year and he wasn't nearly as good as before.

I think Ayers will be adequate in a 4-3 but not a first rounder, imo linebackers in the first round is never a good value.. but I know id be a minority thinking that on these boards.

and btw i dont like Martez Wilson either..

All-Pro

[quote user="Neverend"]I think the Giants might be looking at positions we're not even thinking about. Maybe no tackle or linebacker gets picked in the 1st 3 rounds.[/quote]
    I definitely see that as a possibility. Maybe something like liuget in the first davon house in the 2nd demarco murray in the 3rd. Some combo of cb dt and RB/TE/S is a very real possibility if u ask me and I wouldnt mind it

Donta Hightower vs Auburn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyeXZTTcz8E