+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 562 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I forgot a 6th rd pick, crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

1. akeem ayers lb ucla
    2. davon house cb n.mex st
    3. jake kirkpatrick c t.c.u
    4. ross homan lb ohio st
    6. lee smith te marshall
    6. charles clay fb/te/rb/wr tulsa
    6. KYLE HIX RT TEXAS- a nice late rd sleeper RT player, with good size and expierence..
    7. davonte shannon ss buffalo
    [/quote]
    Looks good to me.

Ive said there are guys I like more than Ayers in the 1st, though its not like I would cry if we selected him.

Of course, you know I like Davonte Shannon. Im a big fan of Lee Smith, House and Kirkpatrick. Homan is not only exactly the type of player we need(43 old good in space) but he is exactly the type of class-act leader the Giants like to select. I do think A FB who can catch would be a nice addition to this team, so Clay would fit there.

Overal, I can say I would be quite happy with this draft.

[/quote] As bored as i am... I was wondering santa, if i changed my 1st rder, to a O-lineman, which would essentially, change my whole mock, do u like it????????

1. Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin- obviously, the pop pick is castanzo, but i'm slowley starting to think someone gets him before we pick and both ty.smith and ant castanzo are off the board.. I was impressed with carimi this past season, and hes a run mauling machine, with great charechter and confidence...I think he kinda gets a bum wrap, as people say, hes not athletic enough for LT, but i dont agree, and think hes just athletic enough, to handle most DE's, and his pure strength and strong hands and punch are uncanny... I liked Bulaga alot last yr, and i have carimi just above him.. He tested well at the combine, and with a stellar winning career to boot, whats not to like? Again, i don't think he's a athletic freak, but more athletic then some give credit for... Bradshaw will love running to his side, that is for sure.. Also, if i'm wrong about the LT thing, he can be our future stud at RT, with Beatty hopefully being the other half of our bookends...

2. Mason Foster LB Wash- a very involved LB, who really gets after it, has sideline to sideline capability, and solid instincts... Has the size, to hold up on the NFL level, and should be a 3down LB, and extremely good against the run.... I love this kid...

3. Deandre McDaniel SS Clem- a value pick here.. No more worrying about Chad Jones recovery, and we get a steal here, who last yr was a shoe in for RD1-2 consideration.. Hes got size, and more then enough speed, and could really hold his own in that Deon Grant Hybrid role, in my opinion.. Alot of upside here, as McDaniel could end up as a pro bowl S, when said and done.. Reminds me alot of Kenny Phillips coming out, for his phyiscal nature, but probably has a edge in Ball Skills... Also, a force in run support.. Good form while tackling, and should be a all around safety, exceling in both pass and run support..

4. John Moffitt G/C Wisconsin- a guy i freaking love, and had em mocked in RD 2, before a avg to bad combine.. It will certainly drop em(shoulden't), and i hope we pounce... with carimi and moffitt, we can really pound the rock, and Moffitt could develop into a C as well, as hes got some exp there.. Reese loves versatile players, and Moffitt has played all 3spots on the interior. Gives above avg Effort, on every play, and has a NY Giant phyisicallity to his play... A stronger version of Rich Seubert, in my opinion...

6. Cortez Allen CB Citadel- A sleeper i like, with good size and speed, Allen had a somewhat down season, or at least, Quiet season, due mostly to teams trying to avoid his side of the field, and kinda got back on Radars with a good combine.. In time, could surprise, and become a solid Corner, with added ball skills.... Excels in Man Coverege, and has some versatiilty, as he was moved around the secondary, mostly due to teams trying to elimate him from plays...

6. Lee Smith TE Marshall- See last mock

6. Evan Royster RB Penn St- a tough between the tackles runner, who can catch outta the backfield, very well.. Theres some upside here, and he could turn into a stud in the right situation.. Good blocker as well.. Might not be the speediest of backs, but can gain the hard short yards, with a rugged style of running, and also be a weapon in the pass catching game...

7. Dane Sazenbacher wr/kr Ohio St.- a blue collared player, who u take a chance on in these type rds, as u may just find a Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead type.. Always goes at 100pct, displays good hands, and if things work out, could become a big help, as a 3rd or 4th WR, in the slot, and on occasion, gets deep, and helps in return game... Gives it all, as a blocker as well..

A bunch of blue collared players here, and the Run game is helped immensly, and theres some upside toward teh back end with guys like Royster and Sazenbacher... The oline is solitfyed with the Corn bread wisconsin boys(moffitt and carimi), and added blocking with Lee Smith, making Bradshaw and Jacobs very happy men...lol U get gigantic rd 3 value in Mcdaniel, as hes got RD 1/2 type potential, and u got a guy in Cotrez Allen, who when said and done, could possibly be a starter....
    [/quote]

Thats tough, both are good. I think I still like the 1st though.

It comes down to round 3. I like Kirkpatrick a ton and if we havent already address the interior line in the 1st 2 rounds, there is nobody I would want more. As much as I like Moffit, I just dont think we wait that long to find a center/guard.

[quote user="NCGiant23"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I forgot a 6th rd pick, crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

1. akeem ayers lb ucla
    4. ross homan lb ohio st
    6. lee smith te marshall
    6. KYLE HIX RT TEXAS- a nice late rd sleeper RT player, with good size and expierence..
    [/quote]
    Looks good to me.

Ive said there are guys I like more than Ayers in the 1st, though its not like I would cry if we selected him.

Of course, you know I like Davonte Shannon. Im a big fan of Lee Smith, House and Kirkpatrick. Homan is not only exactly the type of player we need(43 old good in space) but he is exactly the type of class-act leader the Giants like to select. I do think A FB who can catch would be a nice addition to this team, so Clay would fit there.

[/quote] As bored as i am... I was wondering santa, if i changed my 1st rder, to a O-lineman, which would essentially, change my whole mock, do u like it????????

1. Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin- obviously, the pop pick is castanzo, but i'm slowley starting to think someone gets him before we pick and both ty.smith and ant castanzo are off the board.. I was impressed with carimi this past season, and hes a run mauling machine, with great charechter and confidence...I think he kinda gets a bum wrap, as people say, hes not athletic enough for LT, but i dont agree, and think hes just athletic enough, to handle most DE's, and his pure strength and strong hands and punch are uncanny... I liked Bulaga alot last yr, and i have carimi just above him.. He tested well at the combine, and with a stellar winning career to boot, whats not to like? Again, i don't think he's a athletic freak, but more athletic then some give credit for... Bradshaw will love running to his side, that is for sure.. Also, if i'm wrong about the LT thing, he can be our future stud at RT, with Beatty hopefully being the other half of our bookends...

2. Mason Foster LB Wash- a very involved LB, who really gets after it, has sideline to sideline capability, and solid instincts... Has the size, to hold up on the NFL level, and should be a 3down LB, and extremely good against the run.... I love this kid...

3. Deandre McDaniel SS Clem- a value pick here.. No more worrying about Chad Jones recovery, and we get a steal here, who last yr was a shoe in for RD1-2 consideration.. Hes got size, and more then enough speed, and could really hold his own in that Deon Grant Hybrid role, in my opinion.. Alot of upside here, as McDaniel could end up as a pro bowl S, when said and done.. Reminds me alot of Kenny Phillips coming out, for his phyiscal nature, but probably has a edge in Ball Skills... Also, a force in run support.. Good form while tackling, and should be a all around safety, exceling in both pass and run support..

4. John Moffitt G/C Wisconsin- a guy i freaking love, and had em mocked in RD 2, before a avg to bad combine.. It will certainly drop em(shoulden't), and i hope we pounce... with carimi and moffitt, we can really pound the rock, and Moffitt could develop into a C as well, as hes got some exp there.. Reese loves versatile players, and Moffitt has played all 3spots on the interior. Gives above avg Effort, on every play, and has a NY Giant phyisicallity to his play... A stronger version of Rich Seubert, in my opinion...

6. Cortez Allen CB Citadel- A sleeper i like, with good size and speed, Allen had a somewhat down season, or at least, Quiet season, due mostly to teams trying to avoid his side of the field, and kinda got back on Radars with a good combine.. In time, could surprise, and become a solid Corner, with added ball skills.... Excels in Man Coverege, and has some versatiilty, as he was moved around the secondary, mostly due to teams trying to elimate him from plays...

6. Evan Royster RB Penn St- a tough between the tackles runner, who can catch outta the backfield, very well.. Theres some upside here, and he could turn into a stud in the right situation.. Good blocker as well.. Might not be the speediest of backs, but can gain the hard short yards, with a rugged style of running, and also be a weapon in the pass catching game...

7. Dane Sazenbacher wr/kr Ohio St.- a blue collared player, who u take a chance on in these type rds, as u may just find a Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead type.. Always goes at 100pct, displays good hands, and if things work out, could become a big help, as a 3rd or 4th WR, in the slot, and on occasion, gets deep, and helps in return game... Gives it all, as a blocker as well..

A bunch of blue collared players here, and the Run game is helped immensly, and theres some upside toward teh back end with guys like Royster and Sazenbacher... The oline is solitfyed with the Corn bread wisconsin boys(moffitt and carimi), and added blocking with Lee Smith, making Bradshaw and Jacobs very happy men...lol U get gigantic rd 3 value in Mcdaniel, as hes got RD 1/2 type potential, and u got a guy in Cotrez Allen, who when said and done, could possibly be a starter....
    [/quote]Good value and good players. I like Moffit it seems like the combine that he took some hits.On tape he gets to the second level with ease. I think Moffit will be a starter in the NFL and I guy I would groom to play center.[/quote]

A Clemson grad here. I'm not quite sure how I feel about Deandre McDaniel in the 3rd. He had a phenomenal breakout year his JR year. Last year he simply wasn't the same player. Missed lots of assignments and was beat deep multiple times. He also lost some of the viciousness he had his JR year. This is the same guy who in his JR picked off Christian Ponder, returned it only to see Ponder right in his sights, smiled, then laid him out and separated his shoulder effectively ending Ponder's season.

I'm not sure what happened to him in his SR yr. Some have suggested that he took it easy b/c he didn't want to risk injury, but I'm not sure I buy that. He often times found himself out of position and simply didn't come close to having the on field impact of his JR year. I view him as a boom or bust type player. He showed he has the skills, but can he find them again and further develop them once in the league?

Redeye, I'd be curious to hear your take on him?
    [/quote] thats why i wrote, a value pick, that last yr, was a rd1/2 type pick... Obviously, he falls here, because of his somewhat down season this past yr... U draft McDaniel, in hoping that u get what u got last yr, and that his down yr was something coachable, or maybe clemson as a whole, had alittle bit more of a down season.... Its a value pick, with some risk, because u can be getting a first rd type talent, or a player who peaked the season before last, and had a flukey type yr.. But judging, from his size and speed, and his sure tackling ability, i'm willing to bet in the right scheme and coaching, hes gonna be a pretty good ball player, in the mold of our very own Kenny Phillips....

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I forgot a 6th rd pick, crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

1. akeem ayers lb ucla
    4. ross homan lb ohio st
    6. lee smith te marshall
    [/quote]
    Looks good to me.

[/quote]

Thats tough, both are good. I think I still like the 1st though.

It comes down to round 3. I like Kirkpatrick a ton and if we havent already address the interior line in the 1st 2 rounds, there is nobody I would want more. As much as I like Moffit, I just dont think we wait that long to find a center/guard.

[/quote] ya, but if there was ever a yr to wait for a center/guard, this is the yr, as its the deepest crop in yrs, if not the past decade...

Moffitt may be a shoe in for RD 2, in other yrs, if there wasen't such studly prospects like Rodney Hudson, Mike Pouncey, Orlando Franklin, Marcus Cannon, Jake Kirkpatrick, danny watkins, clint boling, will rackley, benjamin ijalana, stef wisnewski, brandon fusco, kris o'dowd, demarcus love, james carpenter....etc...tec

Theres a ton of talented guards and centers, and guard/center combos, this season... I think you get great value outta moffitt, because he falls because of a combine performance, that was less then stellar, but clearly, u put on the tape, and the guys flat out dominant... Not to mention, hes got expierence on all 3interior positons.... We love that versatility on our Oline, maybe more then any team in football... Moffitt really fits this team well... I love kirkpatrick myself, but i believe at least from a versatility standpoint, u get quite a bit more outta moffitt.. But, kirkpatrick certainly fits the bill, as a giant type anchor, and Quarterback of the oline, with his off the charts intangables, and winning attitude.....

The more and more i think about Perry Fewell.. I think a player hes gonna really want on our defense, is Greg Jones of Michigan St... Hes versatile, as he can play inside or out on the Weakside, hes a good sideline to sideline player, and obviously, can get to the passer, and behind the line, and also can drop into a zone and blanket a TE or RB on short routes... I have a feeling if Greg Jones is on the board in RD 2, and we still need a LB, we may draft him... We sometimes talk about players who remind us of giant type draft picks, and last yr, i said Chad Jones and Sean Lee reminded me of Giant Type picks, and this yr, i'd have to say Greg Jones, leads the way... He just reminds me of a guy the giants will love.. I'd be surprised if we don't bring him in for a visit... I could see the giants drafting Greg Jones and Mark Herzlich, to be totally honest....

A absoulutley great article from Rob Rang, with his Overrated/Undrrated per positon.. I absoulutley love Terrell McClain, and have him as my number 1 sleeper months ago, and expected him to move up to rd 3-4, and i also, couldent agree more about Mason Foster and Nate Solder.. Nate Solder is probably the pick i dont want the giants to make, the most... I see to many red flags, and feel like hes got the highest BUST chance, outta all the OT's... I'm also not huge on Ryan Williams, so i agree there.. I do dissagree about Kyle Rudolph, as i really like him,a nd think hes got the size/speed, and soft hands, and blocking technique, that will if he stays healthy, put him in the upper echelon of TE in the NFL a couple yrs down the line... And, i also think Jabaal Sheard is gonna be a terror, and i've seen him many times, and have said on here, i expect him to sneak into RD 1, or close to it, and be a amazing player for someone, on sundays... I've also mentioned Greg Salas, as far back as the 1st week of this past college football season, as a WR worth keeping a eye on...

some of the draft's top prospects becomes more prevalent.

Some prospects suffer from limited coverage, others are
    over-projected because of misleading collegiate statistics, or
    simply faulty scouting. There are dozens of players in this year's
    draft being woefully overrated and underrated by the masses.

To try to set the record straight, I've spoken to the only true
    experts in this field -- NFL scouts -- to try and determine the
    most overrated and underrated players at each position. They
    aren't claiming that an "overrated" player won't turn out to be a
    good player, only that he may not be the sure-fire NFL star some
    pegged him to be. On the flip side, "underrated" prospects, in the
    opinion of scouts, aren't getting as much public recognition as
    their talents warrant.

Defense

Defensive end

Overrated
    Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson: Bowers
    is the best all-around defensive end in this draft. To warrant a
    top pick, a 4-3 defensive end needs to be an explosive pass
    rusher. Despite leading the country with 15.5 sacks, Bowers lacks
    the quick-twitch burst off the snap that typically translates to
    double-digit sacks in the NFL. Without stout defensive tackles
    running a variety of twists and stunts to free him up in the NFL
    -- as 2011 defensive tackle prospect Jarvis Jenkins did at Clemson
    -- I'd be surprised if Bowers ever reaches 10 sacks in a 16-game
    NFL season.

Underrated
    Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh: Sheard
    isn't a traditional pass-rushing end -- a sudden athlete capable
    of beating NFL-caliber offensive tackles with speed alone. Sheard
    has a surprisingly strong bull rush at 6-3, 264 pounds, and has
    shown consistent improvement throughout his career. Rather than
    fall apart while facing double teams after "star" Greg Romeus went
    down because of an injury, Sheard raised his game, earning the
    Big East Defensive Player of the Year honors with 52 tackles, 14.5
    tackles for loss, nine sacks and four forced fumbles. Sheard,
    likely to be taken between picks 20-45, will be more productive as
    a rookie than at least a few of the more highly touted defensive
    ends of this draft.

Defensive tackle

Overrated
    Nick Fairley, Auburn: I've
    said it many times: Fairley might just be the most physically
    gifted player in this draft. Three-hundred-pound defensive tackles
    with his quick feet and hands are precisely what scouts are
    looking for in a three-technique defensive tackle. He might be the
    second coming of Warren Sapp. And yet, the maturity concerns are
    very real. Some scouts believe Fairley might "turn off the motor"
    once checks can be cashed, making him a considerable gamble as a
    top-10 pick.

Underrated
    Terrell McClain, South Florida: Short,
    stout and quick, McClain quietly established himself as one of
    the better "second tier" defensive tackles in this draft with
    back-to-back impressive showings at the East-West Shrine Game and
    as an injury replacement to Oregon State's Stephen Paea at the
    Senior Bowl. Don't be surprised when this Bull is drafted in the
    second or third round.

Outside linebacker

Overrated
    Justin Houston, Georgia: The
    fact that Houston keeps popping up in mock drafts is evidence
    that some scouts are high on him. Yet, everyone with whom I've
    discussed his pro potential has characterized him as one of the
    draft's most overrated prospects. Houston lacks strength at the
    point of attack as a defensive end and isn't quick off the snap as
    a stand-up rusher (though he is quick from the three-point
    stance). I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Houston wind up in
    the first round, but as a classic 'tweener, he'll likely struggle
    in the NFL.

Underrated
    Mason Foster, Washington: Foster
    finished second only to Boston College star Luke Kuechly in total
    (163) and solo tackles (105) in 2010. Some of that production
    stems from the fact that the Washington Huskies weren't a very
    good defensive football team, so Foster racked up stops. The film
    shows that Foster locates the ball quickly, uses his hands well to
    slip blocks and is a reliable open-field tackler. He won't be
    drafted until the middle rounds, but Foster will be tough to get
    off the field once he gets his shot in the NFL.

Inside linebacker

Overrated
    Martez Wilson, Illinois: Wilson
    competes with Nevada outside linebacker Dontay Moch as this
    year's most impressive workout warrior linebacker. Wilson
    struggles locating the football, making him significantly slower
    on the field than the 6-4, 250-pounder timed at the combine
    (4.46-second electronic time). This is particularly troublesome
    for Wilson considering he's played linebacker for three seasons
    with the Illini, as opposed to Moch, who starred as a defensive
    end. Wilson might measure like a first-rounder, but his tape says he's
    closer to a third-round pick.

Underrated
    Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina: Like
    many of his Tar Heel teammates, Sturdivant did not have the 2010
    season he anticipated. With an NCAA investigation and resulting
    multiple suspensions jarring the program, Sturdivant was unable to
    help on the field, losing five games to a hamstring pull. But he
    returned to form upon coming back, racking up tackles (third on
    the team with 49). He enjoyed a fitting end to his career,
    intercepting a Tennessee pass on his final play to seal a 30-27
    double-overtime Music City Bowl victory. Sturdivant isn't flashy,
    but he'll prove to be a capable starter early in his career.

Cornerback

Overrated
    Prince Amukamara, Nebraska: Amukamara
    has proven throughout his career that he has the size,
    physicality and athleticism to be a first-round pick. Most teams
    believe that to warrant consideration as a top-10 pick, a
    cornerback has to have elite ball skills. This is the area of
    concern for Amukamara, despite the fact that he was a standout
    running back in high school. Amukamara intercepted only five of
    the 27 passes he broke up over his career. Oddly, all five
    interceptions came during his junior season.

Underrated
    Jalil Brown, Colorado: Overshadowed
    throughout much of his career by teammate Jimmy Smith, Brown's
    solid build (6-0, 204 pounds), speed and competitiveness make him a
    quality middle-round prospect. A high-effort player who is
    aggressive against the run, pass and on special teams, Brown might
    not enter the NFL with a lot of fanfare, but could develop into a
    quality starter within a year or two.

Safety

Overrated
    FS Rahim Moore, UCLA: Having
    led the NCAA with 10 interceptions in 2009, Moore probably was
    planning on leaving school after his junior season. When his
    production and overall play tailed off considerably in 2010,
    however, he surprised some scouts by coming out early, anyway.
    There is no denying Moore's athleticism. His coverage skills stand
    out in this weak class and are likely enough to get him drafted
    in the second round -- which could prove the highest selection for
    any safety.

Underrated
    SS Da'Norris Searcy, North Carolina: Searcy
    might've been overlooked because of more-hyped teammates, but he
    led North Carolina in passes broken up (nine) and interceptions
    (four) despite the fact he was suspended for the first three
    games. Searcy didn't get the playmaking opportunities at strong
    safety that others had, yet proved his instincts and open-field
    tackling skills were NFL-caliber throughout his career and at the
    Senior Bowl. Searcy could be an immense value if allowed to slip
    into the second half of the draft.

Offense

Quarterback

Overrated
    Blaine Gabbert, Missouri: Gabbert
    saw his production fall in his junior season and ended his career
    throwing an interception that was returned by Iowa for the
    winning points in the Insight Bowl. Scouts like Gabbert. The
    problem is, no one seems to love him. That shouldn't happen for a
    player expected to be a top five pick and possibly No. 1 overall.

Underrated
    Ricky Stanzi, Iowa: Stanzi
    -- Gabbert's opponent in the Insight Bowl -- checks in as the
    most underrated. Stanzi is like a lot of the underrated players on
    this list: better on tape than he's been in workouts. He has
    ideal size (6-4, 223 pounds) and has made consistent improvement
    throughout his career. Stanzi could prove quite the steal in the
    middle rounds.

Running back

Overrated
    Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech: Williams
    enjoyed a marvelous 2009 season, but a hamstring kept him
    sidelined for four games in 2010 and his statistics didn't meet
    his or scouts expectations. Then he was shorter (5 feet, 9 inches)
    and slower (electronically timed at 4.64 seconds) than expected
    at the combine. He's viewed as a second-round pick who could give
    first-round production. It is also possible that Williams, like
    Kevin Jones and Lee Suggs before him, could struggle duplicating
    his collegiate success at the NFL level.

Underrated
    Graig Cooper, Miami (Fla.): Prior
    to tearing his ACL on Dec. 27, 2009, against Wisconsin in the
    Champs Sports Bowl, Cooper also was considered a second-round
    pick. Cooper surprised many with the decision to play last season
    rather than take a redshirt and clearly was not the same player.
    However, he improved as the season went, including impressing at
    the East-West Shrine Game. He demonstrated that his knee was sound
    at the combine by passing physicals and turning in the fastest
    time in the 3-cone drill of all running backs who tested (6.66
    seconds). Cooper will slip on draft day, but will be considered a
    steal in time.

Tight end

Overrated
    Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame: Rudolph
    has been characterized by some in the media as a clone of Rob
    Gronkowski, the Patriots star rookie who slipped to the second
    round because of concerns about the back injury that sidelined him
    for his entire junior season. Like Gronkowski, Rudolph missed
    extensive time in his junior season (torn hamstring). Rudolph,
    however, isn't the same caliber of athlete or all-around football
    player that Gronkowski is and owes some of his name recognition
    simply to the fact that statistics and hype were easy to come by
    when playing under Charlie Weis at Notre Dame.

Underrated
    Rob Housler, Florida Atlantic: This
    year's relatively weak crop of tight ends is highlighted by
    several receiver hybrids with limited blocking skills. Unlike some
    of the basketball converts in this class, Housler's rise to fame
    is strictly due to his size, production and athleticism. The 6-5,
    247-pound Housler's 4.55-second electronically timed 40-yard dash
    translates onto the field, as does his potential as an in-line
    blocker considering his 80-inch wingspan and 22 repetitions of 225
    pounds. Had Housler earned his second-team all conference honors
    (39 catches for 629 yards and four TDs) in the Pac-10 or Big Ten
    rather than the Sun Belt, he wouldn't make it out of the second
    round.

Wide receiver

Overrated
    Titus Young, Boise State: I
    hear the comparison of Young to DeSean Jackson and chuckle. They
    are similar in that both played in the West, are considerably
    lighter than most NFL receivers and left school with significant
    off-field concerns. At 5-11, 174 pounds Young was electronically
    timed at the 2011 combine at 4.49 seconds. At 5-10, 169 pounds
    Jackson was clocked at 4.35 seconds in 2008. Some have pointed to
    their return skills. Young was a standout kick returner for Boise
    State, but his lack of bulk won't allow him to play that position
    in the NFL and he returned only 11 punts in four seasons with the
    Broncos. This, of course, is quite a bit different than the six
    punt return touchdowns Jackson scored for California against
    better competition.

Underrated
    Greg Salas, Hawaii: Similar
    to Young's teammate, Austin Pettis, in this role as his size,
    strength and soft hands will make him a valuable receiver. Those
    characteristics also aid Salas in the NFL. He struggled with drops
    at the Senior Bowl, but scouts believe he was trying to make
    plays before securing the pass, as his tape at Hawaii shows a
    remarkably sure-handed receiver. There certainly is plenty of tape
    to prove my point. Salas caught 285 passes for 4,345 yards and 26
    touchdowns for Hawaii. Don't be surprised if Salas winds up in
    the second or third round.

Offensive tackle

Overrated
    Nate Solder, Colorado: Three
    years from now Solder could wind up being the best offensive
    tackle selected in this draft. He also could wind up a first-round
    bust. It is easy to fall in love with Solder's upside, as the
    6-8, 319-pounder has extraordinary athleticism. But he lost when
    facing speed and power at the collegiate level and he'll see much
    more of both in the NFL.

Underrated
    James Carpenter, Alabama: I'm
    not a big fan of this year's offensive tackle class. But the best
    value in the draft could wind up being Carpenter, who I expect to
    see drafted in the second round. Carpenter signed with Alabama as
    a juco transfer and was immediately plugged in for former No. 6
    overall pick Andre Smith at left tackle and started the rest of
    his career. Carpenter doesn't have elite athleticism. He might not
    be able to remain on the left side in the NFL, in fact, but he
    can come in and win a starting job right now and has the work
    ethic and physical toughness to start in this league for the next
    10 years.

Offensive guard/center

Overrated
    Mike Pouncey, Florida: The
    unfortunate reality is that Mike is not quite as athletic as his
    brother Maurkice, a rookie Pro Bowler for the AFC champion
    Pittsburgh Steelers in 2010. Because they are identical twins, the
    expectation of some is that Mike is going to come into the NFL
    and enjoy the same type of immediate success. Those unrealistic
    expectations make Pouncey, a solid player in his own right, a
    touch overrated.

Underrated
    Maurice Hurt, Florida: There
    are two significant reasons why Hurt hasn't received more
    attention. For one, he plays on the same line as Mike Pouncey and
    two other senior Gator offensive linemen who could get drafted, so
    credit was tough to come by. Secondly, he has a bad body. Quite
    frankly, the 6-2 5/8, 318-pounder is round. That said, he has
    surprisingly long arms for his frame (third among all interior OL
    tested at the combine), which the tape proves he uses well in pass
    protection and in the running game. Don't be surprised when Hurt
    is drafted on the third day of the draft, but he winds up
    outperforming some prospects taken much earlier.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] The more and more i think about Perry Fewell.. I think a player hes gonna really want on our defense, is Greg Jones of Michigan St... Hes versatile, as he can play inside or out on the Weakside, hes a good sideline to sideline player, and obviously, can get to the passer, and behind the line, and also can drop into a zone and blanket a TE or RB on short routes... I have a feeling if Greg Jones is on the board in RD 2, and we still need a LB, we may draft him... We sometimes talk about players who remind us of giant type draft picks, and last yr, i said Chad Jones and Sean Lee reminded me of Giant Type picks, and this yr, i'd have to say Greg Jones, leads the way... He just reminds me of a guy the giants will love.. I'd be surprised if we don't bring him in for a visit... I could see the giants drafting Greg Jones and Mark Herzlich, to be totally honest....
    [/quote]

I think he is a good player.

But, the Giants have always had a preference for size on defense. Jones' height may hurt him in Reeses eyes.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]A absoulutley great article from Rob Rang, with his Overrated/Undrrated per positon.. I absoulutley love Terrell McClain, and have him as my number 1 sleeper months ago, and expected him to move up to rd 3-4, and i also, couldent agree more about Mason Foster and Nate Solder.. Nate Solder is probably the pick i dont want the giants to make, the most... I see to many red flags, and feel like hes got the highest BUST chance, outta all the OT's... I'm also not huge on Ryan Williams, so i agree there.. I do dissagree about Kyle Rudolph, as i really like him,a nd think hes got the size/speed, and soft hands, and blocking technique, that will if he stays healthy, put him in the upper echelon of TE in the NFL a couple yrs down the line... And, i also think Jabaal Sheard is gonna be a terror, and i've seen him many times, and have said on here, i expect him to sneak into RD 1, or close to it, and be a amazing player for someone, on sundays... I've also mentioned Greg Salas, as far back as the 1st week of this past college football season, as a WR worth keeping a eye on...

Some prospects suffer from limited coverage, others are
    over-projected because of misleading collegiate statistics, or
    simply faulty scouting. There are dozens of players in this year's
    draft being woefully overrated and underrated by the masses.

To try to set the record straight, I've spoken to the only true
    experts in this field -- NFL scouts -- to try and determine the
    most overrated and underrated players at each position. They
    aren't claiming that an "overrated" player won't turn out to be a
    good player, only that he may not be the sure-fire NFL star some
    pegged him to be. On the flip side, "underrated" prospects, in the
    opinion of scouts, aren't getting as much public recognition as
    their talents warrant.

Defense

Defensive end

Overrated
    Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson: Bowers
    is the best all-around defensive end in this draft. To warrant a
    top pick, a 4-3 defensive end needs to be an explosive pass
    rusher. Despite leading the country with 15.5 sacks, Bowers lacks
    the quick-twitch burst off the snap that typically translates to
    double-digit sacks in the NFL. Without stout defensive tackles
    running a variety of twists and stunts to free him up in the NFL
    -- as 2011 defensive tackle prospect Jarvis Jenkins did at Clemson
    -- I'd be surprised if Bowers ever reaches 10 sacks in a 16-game
    NFL season.

Underrated
    Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh: Sheard
    isn't a traditional pass-rushing end -- a sudden athlete capable
    of beating NFL-caliber offensive tackles with speed alone. Sheard
    has a surprisingly strong bull rush at 6-3, 264 pounds, and has
    shown consistent improvement throughout his career. Rather than
    fall apart while facing double teams after "star" Greg Romeus went
    down because of an injury, Sheard raised his game, earning the
    Big East Defensive Player of the Year honors with 52 tackles, 14.5
    tackles for loss, nine sacks and four forced fumbles. Sheard,
    likely to be taken between picks 20-45, will be more productive as
    a rookie than at least a few of the more highly touted defensive
    ends of this draft.

Defensive tackle

Overrated
    Nick Fairley, Auburn: I've
    said it many times: Fairley might just be the most physically
    gifted player in this draft. Three-hundred-pound defensive tackles
    with his quick feet and hands are precisely what scouts are
    looking for in a three-technique defensive tackle. He might be the
    second coming of Warren Sapp. And yet, the maturity concerns are
    very real. Some scouts believe Fairley might "turn off the motor"
    once checks can be cashed, making him a considerable gamble as a
    top-10 pick.

Underrated
    Terrell McClain, South Florida: Short,
    stout and quick, McClain quietly established himself as one of
    the better "second tier" defensive tackles in this draft with
    back-to-back impressive showings at the East-West Shrine Game and
    as an injury replacement to Oregon State's Stephen Paea at the
    Senior Bowl. Don't be surprised when this Bull is drafted in the
    second or third round.

Outside linebacker

Overrated
    Justin Houston, Georgia: The
    fact that Houston keeps popping up in mock drafts is evidence
    that some scouts are high on him. Yet, everyone with whom I've
    discussed his pro potential has characterized him as one of the
    draft's most overrated prospects. Houston lacks strength at the
    point of attack as a defensive end and isn't quick off the snap as
    a stand-up rusher (though he is quick from the three-point
    stance). I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Houston wind up in
    the first round, but as a classic 'tweener, he'll likely struggle
    in the NFL.

Underrated
    Mason Foster, Washington: Foster
    finished second only to Boston College star Luke Kuechly in total
    (163) and solo tackles (105) in 2010. Some of that production
    stems from the fact that the Washington Huskies weren't a very
    good defensive football team, so Foster racked up stops. The film
    shows that Foster locates the ball quickly, uses his hands well to
    slip blocks and is a reliable open-field tackler. He won't be
    drafted until the middle rounds, but Foster will be tough to get
    off the field once he gets his shot in the NFL.

Inside linebacker

Overrated
    Martez Wilson, Illinois: Wilson
    competes with Nevada outside linebacker Dontay Moch as this
    year's most impressive workout warrior linebacker. Wilson
    struggles locating the football, making him significantly slower
    on the field than the 6-4, 250-pounder timed at the combine
    (4.46-second electronic time). This is particularly troublesome
    for Wilson considering he's played linebacker for three seasons
    with the Illini, as opposed to Moch, who starred as a defensive
    end. Wilson might measure like a first-rounder, but his tape says he's
    closer to a third-round pick.

Underrated
    Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina: Like
    many of his Tar Heel teammates, Sturdivant did not have the 2010
    season he anticipated. With an NCAA investigation and resulting
    multiple suspensions jarring the program, Sturdivant was unable to
    help on the field, losing five games to a hamstring pull. But he
    returned to form upon coming back, racking up tackles (third on
    the team with 49). He enjoyed a fitting end to his career,
    intercepting a Tennessee pass on his final play to seal a 30-27
    double-overtime Music City Bowl victory. Sturdivant isn't flashy,
    but he'll prove to be a capable starter early in his career.

Cornerback

Overrated
    Prince Amukamara, Nebraska: Amukamara
    has proven throughout his career that he has the size,
    physicality and athleticism to be a first-round pick. Most teams
    believe that to warrant consideration as a top-10 pick, a
    cornerback has to have elite ball skills. This is the area of
    concern for Amukamara, despite the fact that he was a standout
    running back in high school. Amukamara intercepted only five of
    the 27 passes he broke up over his career. Oddly, all five
    interceptions came during his junior season.

Underrated
    Jalil Brown, Colorado: Overshadowed
    throughout much of his career by teammate Jimmy Smith, Brown's
    solid build (6-0, 204 pounds), speed and competitiveness make him a
    quality middle-round prospect. A high-effort player who is
    aggressive against the run, pass and on special teams, Brown might
    not enter the NFL with a lot of fanfare, but could develop into a
    quality starter within a year or two.

Safety

Overrated
    FS Rahim Moore, UCLA: Having
    led the NCAA with 10 interceptions in 2009, Moore probably was
    planning on leaving school after his junior season. When his
    production and overall play tailed off considerably in 2010,
    however, he surprised some scouts by coming out early, anyway.
    There is no denying Moore's athleticism. His coverage skills stand
    out in this weak class and are likely enough to get him drafted
    in the second round -- which could prove the highest selection for
    any safety.

Underrated
    SS Da'Norris Searcy, North Carolina: Searcy
    might've been overlooked because of more-hyped teammates, but he
    led North Carolina in passes broken up (nine) and interceptions
    (four) despite the fact he was suspended for the first three
    games. Searcy didn't get the playmaking opportunities at strong
    safety that others had, yet proved his instincts and open-field
    tackling skills were NFL-caliber throughout his career and at the
    Senior Bowl. Searcy could be an immense value if allowed to slip
    into the second half of the draft.

Offense

Quarterback

Overrated
    Blaine Gabbert, Missouri: Gabbert
    saw his production fall in his junior season and ended his career
    throwing an interception that was returned by Iowa for the
    winning points in the Insight Bowl. Scouts like Gabbert. The
    problem is, no one seems to love him. That shouldn't happen for a
    player expected to be a top five pick and possibly No. 1 overall.

Underrated
    Ricky Stanzi, Iowa: Stanzi
    -- Gabbert's opponent in the Insight Bowl -- checks in as the
    most underrated. Stanzi is like a lot of the underrated players on
    this list: better on tape than he's been in workouts. He has
    ideal size (6-4, 223 pounds) and has made consistent improvement
    throughout his career. Stanzi could prove quite the steal in the
    middle rounds.

Running back

Overrated
    Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech: Williams
    enjoyed a marvelous 2009 season, but a hamstring kept him
    sidelined for four games in 2010 and his statistics didn't meet
    his or scouts expectations. Then he was shorter (5 feet, 9 inches)
    and slower (electronically timed at 4.64 seconds) than expected
    at the combine. He's viewed as a second-round pick who could give
    first-round production. It is also possible that Williams, like
    Kevin Jones and Lee Suggs before him, could struggle duplicating
    his collegiate success at the NFL level.

Underrated
    Graig Cooper, Miami (Fla.): Prior
    to tearing his ACL on Dec. 27, 2009, against Wisconsin in the
    Champs Sports Bowl, Cooper also was considered a second-round
    pick. Cooper surprised many with the decision to play last season
    rather than take a redshirt and clearly was not the same player.
    However, he improved as the season went, including impressing at
    the East-West Shrine Game. He demonstrated that his knee was sound
    at the combine by passing physicals and turning in the fastest
    time in the 3-cone drill of all running backs who tested (6.66
    seconds). Cooper will slip on draft day, but will be considered a
    steal in time.

Tight end

Overrated
    Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame: Rudolph
    has been characterized by some in the media as a clone of Rob
    Gronkowski, the Patriots star rookie who slipped to the second
    round because of concerns about the back injury that sidelined him
    for his entire junior season. Like Gronkowski, Rudolph missed
    extensive time in his junior season (torn hamstring). Rudolph,
    however, isn't the same caliber of athlete or all-around football
    player that Gronkowski is and owes some of his name recognition
    simply to the fact that statistics and hype were easy to come by
    when playing under Charlie Weis at Notre Dame.

Underrated
    Rob Housler, Florida Atlantic: This
    year's relatively weak crop of tight ends is highlighted by
    several receiver hybrids with limited blocking skills. Unlike some
    of the basketball converts in this class, Housler's rise to fame
    is strictly due to his size, production and athleticism. The 6-5,
    247-pound Housler's 4.55-second electronically timed 40-yard dash
    translates onto the field, as does his potential as an in-line
    blocker considering his 80-inch wingspan and 22 repetitions of 225
    pounds. Had Housler earned his second-team all conference honors
    (39 catches for 629 yards and four TDs) in the Pac-10 or Big Ten
    rather than the Sun Belt, he wouldn't make it out of the second
    round.

Wide receiver

Overrated
    Titus Young, Boise State: I
    hear the comparison of Young to DeSean Jackson and chuckle. They
    are similar in that both played in the West, are considerably
    lighter than most NFL receivers and left school with significant
    off-field concerns. At 5-11, 174 pounds Young was electronically
    timed at the 2011 combine at 4.49 seconds. At 5-10, 169 pounds
    Jackson was clocked at 4.35 seconds in 2008. Some have pointed to
    their return skills. Young was a standout kick returner for Boise
    State, but his lack of bulk won't allow him to play that position
    in the NFL and he returned only 11 punts in four seasons with the
    Broncos. This, of course, is quite a bit different than the six
    punt return touchdowns Jackson scored for California against
    better competition.

Underrated
    Greg Salas, Hawaii: Similar
    to Young's teammate, Austin Pettis, in this role as his size,
    strength and soft hands will make him a valuable receiver. Those
    characteristics also aid Salas in the NFL. He struggled with drops
    at the Senior Bowl, but scouts believe he was trying to make
    plays before securing the pass, as his tape at Hawaii shows a
    remarkably sure-handed receiver. There certainly is plenty of tape
    to prove my point. Salas caught 285 passes for 4,345 yards and 26
    touchdowns for Hawaii. Don't be surprised if Salas winds up in
    the second or third round.

Offensive tackle

Overrated
    Nate Solder, Colorado: Three
    years from now Solder could wind up being the best offensive
    tackle selected in this draft. He also could wind up a first-round
    bust. It is easy to fall in love with Solder's upside, as the
    6-8, 319-pounder has extraordinary athleticism. But he lost when
    facing speed and power at the collegiate level and he'll see much
    more of both in the NFL.

Underrated
    James Carpenter, Alabama: I'm
    not a big fan of this year's offensive tackle class. But the best
    value in the draft could wind up being Carpenter, who I expect to
    see drafted in the second round. Carpenter signed with Alabama as
    a juco transfer and was immediately plugged in for former No. 6
    overall pick Andre Smith at left tackle and started the rest of
    his career. Carpenter doesn't have elite athleticism. He might not
    be able to remain on the left side in the NFL, in fact, but he
    can come in and win a starting job right now and has the work
    ethic and physical toughness to start in this league for the next
    10 years.

Offensive guard/center

Overrated
    Mike Pouncey, Florida: The
    unfortunate reality is that Mike is not quite as athletic as his
    brother Maurkice, a rookie Pro Bowler for the AFC champion
    Pittsburgh Steelers in 2010. Because they are identical twins, the
    expectation of some is that Mike is going to come into the NFL
    and enjoy the same type of immediate success. Those unrealistic
    expectations make Pouncey, a solid player in his own right, a
    touch overrated.

Underrated
    Maurice Hurt, Florida: There
    are two significant reasons why Hurt hasn't received more
    attention. For one, he plays on the same line as Mike Pouncey and
    two other senior Gator offensive linemen who could get drafted, so
    credit was tough to come by. Secondly, he has a bad body. Quite
    frankly, the 6-2 5/8, 318-pounder is round. That said, he has
    surprisingly long arms for his frame (third among all interior OL
    tested at the combine), which the tape proves he uses well in pass
    protection and in the running game. Don't be surprised when Hurt
    is drafted on the third day of the draft, but he winds up
    outperforming some prospects taken much earlier.

[/quote]

Thats an awesome list. I cant find much wrong with it.

I've been saying for a long time that Rob Housler is better than he is projected. He catches the ball well and once he does have it, he looks like a shifty WR in the open field, not a TE.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]A absolutely great article from Rob Rang, with his Overrated/Undrrated per position.. I absolutely love Terrell McClain, and have him as my number 1 sleeper months ago, and expected him to move up to rd 3-4, and i also, couldn't agree more about Mason Foster and Nate Solder.. Nate Solder is probably the pick i dont want the giants to make, the most... I see to many red flags, and feel like hes got the highest BUST chance, outta all the OT's... I'm also not huge on Ryan Williams, so i agree there.. I do disagree about Kyle Rudolph, as i really like him,and think hes got the size/speed, and soft hands, and blocking technique, that will if he stays healthy, put him in the upper echelon of TE in the NFL a couple yrs down the line... And, i also think Jabaal Sheard is gonna be a terror, and i've seen him many times, and have said on here, i expect him to sneak into RD 1, or close to it, and be a amazing player for someone, on sundays... I've also mentioned Greg Salas, as far back as the 1st week of this past college football season, as a WR worth keeping a eye on...

Some prospects suffer from limited coverage, others are over-projected because of misleading collegiate statistics, or simply faulty scouting. There are dozens of players in this year's draft being woefully overrated and underrated by the masses.

To try to set the record straight, I've spoken to the only true experts in this field -- NFL scouts -- to try and determine the most overrated and underrated players at each position. They aren't claiming that an "overrated" player won't turn out to be a good player, only that he may not be the sure-fire NFL star some pegged him to be. On the flip side, "underrated" prospects, in the opinion of scouts, aren't getting as much public recognition as their talents warrant.

Defense

Defensive end

Overrated
    Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson: Bowers is the best all-around defensive end in this draft. To warrant a top pick, a 4-3 defensive end needs to be an explosive pass rusher. Despite leading the country with 15.5 sacks, Bowers lacks the quick-twitch burst off the snap that typically translates to double-digit sacks in the NFL. Without stout defensive tackles running a variety of twists and stunts to free him up in the NFL -- as 2011 defensive tackle prospect Jarvis Jenkins did at Clemson -- I'd be surprised if Bowers ever reaches 10 sacks in a 16-game NFL season.

Underrated
    Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh: Sheard isn't a traditional pass-rushing end -- a sudden athlete capable of beating NFL-caliber offensive tackles with speed alone. Sheard has a surprisingly strong bull rush at 6-3, 264 pounds, and has shown consistent improvement throughout his career. Rather than fall apart while facing double teams after "star" Greg Romeus went down because of an injury, Sheard raised his game, earning the Big East Defensive Player of the Year honors with 52 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss, nine sacks and four forced fumbles. Sheard, likely to be taken between picks 20-45, will be more productive as a rookie than at least a few of the more highly touted defensive ends of this draft.

Defensive tackle

Overrated
    Nick Fairley, Auburn: I've said it many times: Fairley might just be the most physically gifted player in this draft. Three-hundred-pound defensive tackles with his quick feet and hands are precisely what scouts are looking for in a three-technique defensive tackle. He might be the second coming of Warren Sapp. And yet, the maturity concerns are very real. Some scouts believe Fairley might "turn off the motor" once checks can be cashed, making him a considerable gamble as a top-10 pick.

Underrated
    Terrell McClain, South Florida: Short, stout and quick, McClain quietly established himself as one of the better "second tier" defensive tackles in this draft with back-to-back impressive showings at the East-West Shrine Game and as an injury replacement to Oregon State's Stephen Paea at the Senior Bowl. Don't be surprised when this Bull is drafted in the second or third round.

Outside linebacker

Overrated
    Justin Houston, Georgia: The fact that Houston keeps popping up in mock drafts is evidence that some scouts are high on him. Yet, everyone with whom I've discussed his pro potential has characterized him as one of the draft's most overrated prospects. Houston lacks strength at the point of attack as a defensive end and isn't quick off the snap as a stand-up rusher (though he is quick from the three-point stance). I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Houston wind up in the first round, but as a classic 'tweener, he'll likely struggle in the NFL.

Underrated
    Mason Foster, Washington: Foster finished second only to Boston College star Luke Kuechly in total (163) and solo tackles (105) in 2010. Some of that production stems from the fact that the Washington Huskies weren't a very good defensive football team, so Foster racked up stops. The film shows that Foster locates the ball quickly, uses his hands well to slip blocks and is a reliable open-field tackler. He won't be drafted until the middle rounds, but Foster will be tough to get off the field once he gets his shot in the NFL.

Inside linebacker

Overrated
    Martez Wilson, Illinois: Wilson competes with Nevada outside linebacker Dontay Moch as this year's most impressive workout warrior linebacker. Wilson struggles locating the football, making him significantly slower on the field than the 6-4, 250-pounder timed at the combine (4.46-second electronic time). This is particularly troublesome for Wilson considering he's played linebacker for three seasons with the Illini, as opposed to Moch, who starred as a defensive end. Wilson might measure like a first-rounder, but his tape says he's closer to a third-round pick.

Underrated
    Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina: Like many of his Tar Heel teammates, Sturdivant did not have the 2010 season he anticipated. With an NCAA investigation and resulting multiple suspensions jarring the program, Sturdivant was unable to help on the field, losing five games to a hamstring pull. But he returned to form upon coming back, racking up tackles (third on the team with 49). He enjoyed a fitting end to his career, intercepting a Tennessee pass on his final play to seal a 30-27 double-overtime Music City Bowl victory. Sturdivant isn't flashy, but he'll prove to be a capable starter early in his career.

Cornerback

Overrated
    Prince Amukamara, Nebraska: Amukamara has proven throughout his career that he has the size, physicality and athleticism to be a first-round pick. Most teams believe that to warrant consideration as a top-10 pick, a cornerback has to have elite ball skills. This is the area of concern for Amukamara, despite the fact that he was a standout running back in high school. Amukamara intercepted only five of the 27 passes he broke up over his career. Oddly, all five interceptions came during his junior season.

Underrated
    Jalil Brown, Colorado: Overshadowed throughout much of his career by teammate Jimmy Smith, Brown's solid build (6-0, 204 pounds), speed and competitiveness make him a quality middle-round prospect. A high-effort player who is aggressive against the run, pass and on special teams, Brown might not enter the NFL with a lot of fanfare, but could develop into a quality starter within a year or two.

Safety

Overrated
    FS Rahim Moore, UCLA: Having led the NCAA with 10 interceptions in 2009, Moore probably was planning on leaving school after his junior season. When his production and overall play tailed off considerably in 2010, however, he surprised some scouts by coming out early, anyway. There is no denying Moore's athleticism. His coverage skills stand out in this weak class and are likely enough to get him drafted in the second round -- which could prove the highest selection for any safety.

Underrated
    SS Da'Norris Searcy, North Carolina: Searcy might've been overlooked because of more-hyped teammates, but he led North Carolina in passes broken up (nine) and interceptions (four) despite the fact he was suspended for the first three games. Searcy didn't get the playmaking opportunities at strong safety that others had, yet proved his instincts and open-field tackling skills were NFL-caliber throughout his career and at the Senior Bowl. Searcy could be an immense value if allowed to slip into the second half of the draft.

Offense

Quarterback

Overrated
    Blaine Gabbert, Missouri: Gabbert saw his production fall in his junior season and ended his career throwing an interception that was returned by Iowa for the winning points in the Insight Bowl. Scouts like Gabbert. The problem is, no one seems to love him. That shouldn't happen for a player expected to be a top five pick and possibly No. 1 overall.

Underrated
    Ricky Stanzi, Iowa: Stanzi -- Gabbert's opponent in the Insight Bowl -- checks in as the most underrated. Stanzi is like a lot of the underrated players on this list: better on tape than he's been in workouts. He has ideal size (6-4, 223 pounds) and has made consistent improvement throughout his career. Stanzi could prove quite the steal in the middle rounds.

Running back

Overrated
    Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech: Williams enjoyed a marvelous 2009 season, but a hamstring kept him sidelined for four games in 2010 and his statistics didn't meet his or scouts expectations. Then he was shorter (5 feet, 9 inches) and slower (electronically timed at 4.64 seconds) than expected at the combine. He's viewed as a second-round pick who could give first-round production. It is also possible that Williams, like Kevin Jones and Lee Suggs before him, could struggle duplicating his collegiate success at the NFL level.

Underrated
    Graig Cooper, Miami (Fla.): Prior to tearing his ACL on Dec. 27, 2009, against Wisconsin in the Champs Sports Bowl, Cooper also was considered a second-round pick. Cooper surprised many with the decision to play last season rather than take a redshirt and clearly was not the same player. However, he improved as the season went, including impressing at the East-West Shrine Game. He demonstrated that his knee was sound at the combine by passing physicals and turning in the fastest time in the 3-cone drill of all running backs who tested (6.66 seconds). Cooper will slip on draft day, but will be considered a steal in time.

Tight end

Overrated
    Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame: Rudolph has been characterized by some in the media as a clone of Rob Gronkowski, the Patriots star rookie who slipped to the second round because of concerns about the back injury that sidelined him for his entire junior season. Like Gronkowski, Rudolph missed extensive time in his junior season (torn hamstring). Rudolph, however, isn't the same caliber of athlete or all-around football player that Gronkowski is and owes some of his name recognition simply to the fact that statistics and hype were easy to come by when playing under Charlie Weis at Notre Dame.

Underrated
    Rob Housler, Florida Atlantic: This year's relatively weak crop of tight ends is highlighted by several receiver hybrids with limited blocking skills. Unlike some of the basketball converts in this class, Housler's rise to fame is strictly due to his size, production and athleticism. The 6-5, 247-pound Housler's 4.55-second electronically timed 40-yard dash translates onto the field, as does his potential as an in-line blocker considering his 80-inch wingspan and 22 repetitions of 225 pounds. Had Housler earned his second-team all conference honors (39 catches for 629 yards and four TDs) in the Pac-10 or Big Ten rather than the Sun Belt, he wouldn't make it out of the second round.

Wide receiver

Overrated
    Titus Young, Boise State: I hear the comparison of Young to DeSean Jackson and chuckle. They are similar in that both played in the West, are considerably lighter than most NFL receivers and left school with significant off-field concerns. At 5-11, 174 pounds Young was electronically timed at the 2011 combine at 4.49 seconds. At 5-10, 169 pounds Jackson was clocked at 4.35 seconds in 2008. Some have pointed to their return skills. Young was a standout kick returner for Boise State, but his lack of bulk won't allow him to play that position in the NFL and he returned only 11 punts in four seasons with the Broncos. This, of course, is quite a bit different than the six punt return touchdowns Jackson scored for California against better competition.

Underrated
    Greg Salas, Hawaii: Similar to Young's teammate, Austin Pettis, in this role as his size, strength and soft hands will make him a valuable receiver. Those characteristics also aid Salas in the NFL. He struggled with drops at the Senior Bowl, but scouts believe he was trying to make plays before securing the pass, as his tape at Hawaii shows a remarkably sure-handed receiver. There certainly is plenty of tape to prove my point. Salas caught 285 passes for 4,345 yards and 26 touchdowns for Hawaii. Don't be surprised if Salas winds up in the second or third round.

Offensive tackle

Overrated
    Nate Solder, Colorado: Three years from now Solder could wind up being the best offensive tackle selected in this draft. He also could wind up a first-round bust. It is easy to fall in love with Solder's upside, as the 6-8, 319-pounder has extraordinary athleticism. But he lost when facing speed and power at the collegiate level and he'll see much more of both in the NFL.

Underrated
    James Carpenter, Alabama: I'm not a big fan of this year's offensive tackle class. But the best value in the draft could wind up being Carpenter, who I expect to see drafted in the second round. Carpenter signed with Alabama as a juco transfer and was immediately plugged in for former No. 6 overall pick Andre Smith at left tackle and started the rest of his career. Carpenter doesn't have elite athleticism. He might not be able to remain on the left side in the NFL, in fact, but he can come in and win a starting job right now and has the work ethic and physical toughness to start in this league for the next 10 years.

Offensive guard/center

Overrated
    Mike Pouncey, Florida: The unfortunate reality is that Mike is not quite as athletic as his brother Maurkice, a rookie Pro Bowler for the AFC champion Pittsburgh Steelers in 2010. Because they are identical twins, the expectation of some is that Mike is going to come into the NFL and enjoy the same type of immediate success. Those unrealistic expectations make Pouncey, a solid player in his own right, a touch overrated.

Underrated
    Maurice Hurt, Florida: There are two significant reasons why Hurt hasn't received more attention. For one, he plays on the same line as Mike Pouncey and two other senior Gator offensive linemen who could get drafted, so credit was tough to come by. Secondly, he has a bad body. Quite frankly, the 6-2 5/8, 318-pounder is round. That said, he has surprisingly long arms for his frame (third among all interior OL tested at the combine), which the tape proves he uses well in pass protection and in the running game. Don't be surprised when Hurt is drafted on the third day of the draft, but he winds up outperforming some prospects taken much earlier.

[/quote]

Anyone that thinks Jalil Brown is underrated didnt see the Georgia game, AJ Green destroyed him

Besides that I agree to a point. I dont like Justin Houston he scares me and he I really hope the giants dont draft him. His tape is mediocre .

Fairly can be a dominate player but I understand the worries. Terrel Mcclain one of Sportzfans favorite players has very good tape and deserves to be more highly regarded.

Bowers I think he is going to be a very good strongside end. Do u draft a strongside end that gets 8 sacks a year in the top 10?

Ive been watching Jabbal Shepard here and there the last few days. I have the Notre Dame game half watched. He has pass rush ability but i not sure he is underrated. Most people have him in the top of the second. Maybe a few picks but not as underrated as Mcclain

I have to say I agree with a lot of this Im glad U posted it

[quote user="NCGiant23"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I forgot a 6th rd pick, crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

1. akeem ayers lb ucla
    4. ross homan lb ohio st
    6. lee smith te marshall
    [/quote]
    Looks good to me.

[/quote]Good value and good players. I like Moffit it seems like the combine that he took some hits.On tape he gets to the second level with ease. I think Moffit will be a starter in the NFL and I guy I would groom to play center.[/quote]

A Clemson grad here. I'm not quite sure how I feel about Deandre McDaniel in the 3rd. He had a phenomenal breakout year his JR year. Last year he simply wasn't the same player. Missed lots of assignments and was beat deep multiple times. He also lost some of the viciousness he had his JR year. This is the same guy who in his JR picked off Christian Ponder, returned it only to see Ponder right in his sights, smiled, then laid him out and separated his shoulder effectively ending Ponder's season.

I'm not sure what happened to him in his SR yr. Some have suggested that he took it easy b/c he didn't want to risk injury, but I'm not sure I buy that. He often times found himself out of position and simply didn't come close to having the on field impact of his JR year. I view him as a boom or bust type player. He showed he has the skills, but can he find them again and further develop them once in the league?

Redeye, I'd be curious to hear your take on him?
    [/quote]

Im not overly high on Mcdaniel. I do think where Sportzfan has him though is pretty good value. I prefer Deunta Williams myself . Both guys werent as good as the year before. I was disappointed with both players play this season. At times it seems Mcdanield didnt want to be there and was coasting to the NFL draft. If he returnshis junior year form then your getting a steal.