+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 562 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
    Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
    Akeem Dent OLB GA
    Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple
    Muhhamed Wilkerson DT Temple

Looks like heavy emphisis on defense, so far... ALot of other names should be surfacing soon, as the draft approaches..
    [/quote]

I dont think we brought in Kenny Phillips when we drafted him back in 08, i vaguely remember Reese saying they only bring in players that they have questions about
    [/quote]jpp as well if i remember correct
    [/quote] Couglin personally was at JPP's proday, and he visited the giants prior to the draft.. We should huge interest in JPP>.

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
    Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
    Akeem Dent OLB GA
    Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple

Looks like heavy emphisis on defense, so far... ALot of other names should be surfacing soon, as the draft approaches..
    [/quote]

I dont think we brought in Kenny Phillips when we drafted him back in 08, i vaguely remember Reese saying they only bring in players that they have questions about
    [/quote]ya, thats about as wrong, as can be.. We brought in JPP, Travis Beckum, Phillip Dillard, ramses barden, duke calhoun, adrian tracy, chad jones... Thats just off the top of my head, without doing any re-search...

Been reading the Giants are High on AKeem Ayers... Obviously, i'm extremely excited to here this news, all though, it makes alot of sense to me, and i'm not surprised in the least bit...

Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post is reporting that the Chiefs are among multiple teams that are very high on UCLA LB Akeem Ayers.

Wilson reports that the Chiefs, along with the New York Jets,
    Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots and New York Giants are all very
    high on Ayers. Of those teams, only the Giants pick before the Chiefs.

It is no surprise the Chiefs are interested in Ayers. He is an
    incredible athlete with pass rushing ability that could put KCís young,
    fast defense over the top.

Wilson also reports that Ayers has 10 private visits scheduled with
    various NFL teams. We donít have confirmation on this yet but it is
    probably safe to assume that one of those visits will be with the
    Chiefs. When we get word on that, we will be able to add Ayers to our Chiefs Draft Interest page.

All-Pro

What happened to slip? Banned?

Interesting they bought in Jaiquawn Jarret. If we're going to go safety I'm a huge fan of Deandre mcdaniel. Jarret seems like a solid prospect though, reading some scouting reports he sounds like a guy that doesnt have much flaws and is good at everything but not really dominant.

All-Pro

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
    Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
    Akeem Dent OLB GA
    Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple

[/quote]

Its scaring me these Georgia linebackers bro. They are more of the same players that havent worked. I want guys that can play in space . The Giants arent beating the Eagles and Packers with guys that cant move there hips at OLB. Both teams are young and are going to be good year in year out. The Giants need to adjust there drafting to stop these teams.

I do like the 2 Temple players though. Wilkerson has some upside. Kind of raw in his technique, plays a little to upright though.He is kind of tall and if he plays DT he is going to get beat up in the run game if he doesnt adjust. Jarrets a productive instinctual player but kind of undersized and Im actually surprised the Giants are intersted having the biggest group of safeties in the NFL.** Everything Ive read about him as a player is postive though. Leader, hard worker , and a great teammate.* Ive seen his range all over the place on draft sites. Ive seen anywhere from 3 - 6th round. I like him but unless its the 6th round I would pass there are better options

I really think this pick is going to be Castonzo or Pouncey in the first. This is what i think the Giants Top 5 looks like

1. Tyron Smith

2. Anthony Castonzo

3. Mike Pouncey

4. Corey Liguet

5. Muhammad Wilkerson

[/quote]

Will be extremely disappointed if take pouncey at pick 19

[quote user="lawl"]What happened to slip? Banned?[/quote]

Not really sure, come to think of it haven't seen him post here in a long time

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
    Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
    Akeem Dent OLB GA
    Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple

[/quote]

[/quote]ya, thats about as wrong, as can be.. We brought in JPP, Travis Beckum, Phillip Dillard, ramses barden, duke calhoun, adrian tracy, chad jones... Thats just off the top of my head, without doing any re-search...
    [/quote]

I dont mean this as a slight to Reese or the Giants, instead I mean it more as a compliment to their "doing their homework" but, Reese have always paid very close and public attention to the players he likes. It was no secret how much we liked Nicks, his multiple visits with the Giants were no secret. It was widely known the Giants saw more value in JPP than in Derrick Morgan. Come draft day, even though most analysts had the 2 rated very evenly, everyone projected us to select JPP. In fact, its been a few years since I remember the TV analysts being shocked or even slightly surprised by our pick. They usually have a decent idea who we are after. It seemed everyone last year knew we liked Spiller, McClain, and JPP.

The Giants tendency is to find a guy they like and interview him to death to make sure he is the guy. In doing so, the media catches wind and rumors circulate about the guys we like.

Its still early to say at this point, and we have more needs than in past years which complicates thing, but I have seen the most interest from the coaches so far in Pouncey, Luiget, and Wilkerson as 1st rounders. Lots of time left to interview though, and who knows, maybe this will be the year we do get a lil' trickery going.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
    Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
    Akeem Dent OLB GA
    Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple

[/quote]

I would be greatly disappointed if the Giants don't add some game breaking speed on O...

My biggest worries are secondary, LB's, and O-line...I feel the Giants are addressing those needs but they really need a versatile 3rd down back type of player who can return kicks as well....Would really make this team more dynamic...

Tawain, Murray, Jacquizz, Todman, Devine....As of right now the biggest burner is Manningham....They def need some speed...

Veteran

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
    Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
    Akeem Dent OLB GA
    Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple

[/quote]

I would be greatly disappointed if the Giants don't add some game breaking speed on O...

My biggest worries are secondary, LB's, and O-line...I feel the Giants are addressing those needs but they really need a versatile 3rd down back type of player who can return kicks as well....Would really make this team more dynamic...

Tawain, Murray, Jacquizz, Todman, Devine....As of right now the biggest burner is Manningham....They def need some speed...[/quote]

I really like Greg Little for that role. He doesn't have BLAZING speed, but at 230, and explosive legs, a 4.5 40 will do. He played as both wide receiver and running back for UNC, so odds are he'd be able to catch out of the backfield, and he's fearless going over the middle. He also returns kicks.