+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 562 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
    Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
    Akeem Dent OLB GA
    Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple
    Muhhamed Wilkerson DT Temple

Looks like heavy emphisis on defense, so far... ALot of other names should be surfacing soon, as the draft approaches..
    [/quote]

I dont think we brought in Kenny Phillips when we drafted him back in 08, i vaguely remember Reese saying they only bring in players that they have questions about
    [/quote]ya, thats about as wrong, as can be.. We brought in JPP, Travis Beckum, Phillip Dillard, ramses barden, duke calhoun, adrian tracy, chad jones... Thats just off the top of my head, without doing any re-search...
    [/quote]

I dont mean this as a slight to Reese or the Giants, instead I mean it more as a compliment to their "doing their homework" but, Reese have always paid very close and public attention to the players he likes. It was no secret how much we liked Nicks, his multiple visits with the Giants were no secret. It was widely known the Giants saw more value in JPP than in Derrick Morgan. Come draft day, even though most analysts had the 2 rated very evenly, everyone projected us to select JPP. In fact, its been a few years since I remember the TV analysts being shocked or even slightly surprised by our pick. They usually have a decent idea who we are after. It seemed everyone last year knew we liked Spiller, McClain, and JPP.

The Giants tendency is to find a guy they like and interview him to death to make sure he is the guy. In doing so, the media catches wind and rumors circulate about the guys we like.

Its still early to say at this point, and we have more needs than in past years which complicates thing, but I have seen the most interest from the coaches so far in Pouncey, Luiget, and Wilkerson as 1st rounders. Lots of time left to interview though, and who knows, maybe this will be the year we do get a lil' trickery going.
    [/quote] exactly, santa... Last yr, Coughlin was 1of 3 H.coaches at JPP's proday, and then we had JPP in for a visit as well... And, i can't remember if we worked nicks out, or just attended his proday, but it was obvious we were very interested in him, as u said... THe past few yrs, we've totally brought in alot of guys, that ended up becoming giants.. We shall see this yr....

We also had Brandon Fusco, in or coming in for a visit....

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
    Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
    Akeem Dent OLB GA
    Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple
    Muhhamed Wilkerson DT Temple

Looks like heavy emphisis on defense, so far... ALot of other names should be surfacing soon, as the draft approaches..
    [/quote] I got another player to add to the list... Giants are also bringing in Brandon Fusco of Slippery Rock, who again, has versatility, as a C/G prospect... Great Sized kid, whos stock is ever rising....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...ebacker-foster

I certainly hope the giants are one of those teams high on Mason Foster. I love this guy, like the article says, he's always around the ball. Those type of players are special, players who are "ball magnets" with great instincts having the knack for making the big play. Foster's stock could be rising to the 2nd round seeing how most mocks have him in the 3rd round range from what I usually see

[quote user="Neverend"]

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...ebacker-foster

I certainly hope the giants are one of those teams high on Mason Foster. I love this guy, like the article says, he's always around the ball. Those type of players are special, players who are "ball magnets" with great instincts having the knack for making the big play. Foster's stock could be rising to the 2nd round seeing how most mocks have him in the 3rd round range from what I usually see

[/quote] I've thought he was a 2nd rder for, pretty much ever, now.. Just got done telling the dude, who put his mock on here the other day, that very thing.. Mason Foster is always around the ball, and has real good 4/3 size, and really reminds me of James Anderson of Carolina Panthers, who is a FA right now, and a guy, i wanted the giants to look at... I love Foster as well, and i'm hoping we get either Foster or G.Jones, to head our LB picks(i want 2lbs), this draft, if we don't snag one in RD 1... The buzz was very high on Foster around here, a few months ago, and died down alot, and i wondered why.. But, the guys certainly one of the best 4/3 OLB's in the draft..

[quote user="Neverend"]

[quote user="lawl"]What happened to slip? Banned?[/quote]

Not really sure, come to think of it haven't seen him post here in a long time

[/quote]

I think he said he was moving to Florida

Im kind of getting burned out on the 2011 guys. Ive been talking 2011 draft since April 2010. I think its because they always feature the same 40 guys over and over im just tired of it. So in response to that here is my favorite back from the 2012 Draft Arkansas's Knile Davis

Knile Davis vs Ohio State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFs5MTHP6PY

Ive got a Ross Homan vid done as well just havent highlighted the player in the Vid yet. I started that Egnew vid Sportzfan i will get it done eventually. I just want to combine his games instead of making separate ones. WR/TE vids dont have a lot of plays to show.Ive wanted to make a Kyle Rudolph vid but there just isnt enough there. I could probably put together something on Kendricks. I wish I had the Wisconsin vs ASU game tape I would kill for that one. Next year Im going to be all over Vontaze Burfict games.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"]

[quote user="lawl"]What happened to slip? Banned?[/quote]

Not really sure, come to think of it haven't seen him post here in a long time

[/quote]

I think he said he was moving to Florida

[/quote] He'll be back in full force, eventually.. Its the offseason, and some of us, bounce for chunks of time... I think your right, he moved, but i'd be utterly shocked, if he isn't back in full force, sooner, then later...

Really looking forward to that Ross Homan video redeye, he's very underrated