+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 562 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Ross Homan vs Arkansas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cBnzOcJgN4

Not much of a highlight video but it shows strengths and weaknesses for the most part. He plays the pass real well. Might be an effective Nickel Corner early in his career

With all the talk of the Georgia players im going to have to go back and make a Dent and Houston vid.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
    Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
    Akeem Dent OLB GA
    Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple
    Muhhamed Wilkerson DT Temple

Looks like heavy emphisis on defense, so far... ALot of other names should be surfacing soon, as the draft approaches..
    [/quote]

I dont think we brought in Kenny Phillips when we drafted him back in 08, i vaguely remember Reese saying they only bring in players that they have questions about
    [/quote]jpp as well if i remember correct
    [/quote] Couglin personally was at JPP's proday, and he visited the giants prior to the draft.. We should huge interest in JPP>.
    [/quote]i remembered incorrectly lol. well then pay close attention of the invites

Anyone got any thoughts on Tori Gurley from South Carolina. During the season he looked like a tight end playing receiver. He was 6' 4" 233. At the pro day he was down to 216. I thought he would of made a real good TE in time. He has long arms 35" and blocks real well and doesnt drop anything. I guess he is going to try to make it as a receiver, thoughts

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Anyone got any thoughts on Tori Gurley from South Carolina. During the season he looked like a tight end playing receiver. He was 6' 4" 233. At the pro day he was down to 216. I thought he would of made a real good TE in time. He has long arms 35" and blocks real well and doesnt drop anything. I guess he is going to try to make it as a receiver, thoughts[/quote]

Nothing wrong with a big WR that can throw a solid block downfield...
    that's where most great runs come from anyway. Those are some stupidly
    long arms... I wonder if he has to wear armored gloves to keep from
    skinning his knuckles when he's walking down the street?

(seriously, his arms are as long as Solder's)

Not to harp on this, but he reminds me of Greg Little from UNC. Both big (BIG), raw receivers, with deceptive speed and reliable hands. Little may be a more explosive athlete, but It looks like Gurley is a better blocker.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's on Reese's radar. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore, Atlanta, or even The Jets pick him up.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Lamichael James vs Stanford "2010

[/quote]This kid is exciting to watch. What did he have, something like 250 plus rushing yds this game. There's going to be a lot of good backs out there this year. James, Lattimore, Richardson, Dyer, Davis. I don't care what anybody tells you, SPEED matters.
    [/quote]To think Lattimore and Dyer were just freshman . Lattimore is one of the few players Ive seen that I think could of went from High School to the NFL. RB is really the only position I could see it being possible

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]This kid is exciting to watch. What did he have, something like 250 plus rushing yds this game. There's going to be a lot of good backs out there this year. James, Lattimore, Richardson, Dyer, Davis. I don't care what anybody tells you, SPEED matters.
    [/quote]To think Lattimore and Dyer were just freshman . Lattimore is one of the few players Ive seen that I think could of went from High School to the NFL. RB is really the only position I could see it being possible[/quote]

Lattimore is a beast...There are a lot of good up and coming backs...

I'm looking forward to Dillon Baxter getting a bigger work load...

Here is a one ive had scribed for awhile and just never made the vid.

Akeem Dent vs SC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAghyQ3m13Y

Linebacker Akeem Dent wore No. 31, rather than his regular No. 51 in this game. A different UGA player wore No. 31 each game this season in honor of safety Quintin Banks, who was forced to forgo his senior season because of recurring knee injuries.

All-Pro

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]To think Lattimore and Dyer were just freshman . Lattimore is one of the few players Ive seen that I think could of went from High School to the NFL. RB is really the only position I could see it being possible[/quote] yea I remember Marshall Faulk saying the same thing about Adrian Peterson

Heres a Quote from Akeem Ayers after his latest visit with the Detroit Lions, who are showing tons of interst in the UCLA lb, and so are tons of other teams... I sure hope the Giants get this guy, and i'm glad were interested...

"Iíve pretty much been a sound 4-3 linebacker at UCLA and really started
    rushing the passer at the end of my sophomore season and my junior
    year. I bring a lot of versatility. I give the coaches a lot of
    different options, different ways to use me and just ways to make the
    defense better whether itís keeping a linebacker on the field, instead
    of bringing a nickel (package) in, it basically gives the coaches a lot
    more options and a lot of hard play.
    "