+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 562 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Some more 2012 RB's

Underrated Tennessee back

The Speedy

Here's a pretty cool video of USCw QB Matt Barkley mic'd up w/ the helmet cam. Should be interesting to see where he goes in the 2012 draft. That draft should be loaded w/ some really good QB's. Luck, Barkley, Landry Jones (OU), Kellen Moore (Boise St.), Terrelle Pryor (Ohio St.), ect.
    Matt Barkley

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

• [/list][/quote] He said, "my teammates would say, i'm always sarcastic"..lol* This dudes a punk.. hes gonna get popped in the mouth in a NFL locker room.. Sure, being funny and all is great, but obnoxius and immature and annoying is another thing...* I'd stay far away from this guy, real far away...
      [/quote]

I have to disagree....

Players who usually have exceptional talent are misunderstood and the things they sometimes say are taken out of context....(Just based on what I've seen)

IMO Smith is one of the best prospects in this years draft....I have a bad feeling if the Giants pass on this guy, they're going to regret it.... And If he goes to the Eagles I'm going to be pissed...

The Giants D-line is looking solid....They really need to strengthen their secondary....If they spend a first round pick on a DT I'm going to flip my lid....Honestly!

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

• [/list]

[/quote] He said, "my teammates would say, i'm always sarcastic"..lol This dudes a punk.. hes gonna get popped in the mouth in a NFL locker room.. Sure, being funny and all is great, but obnoxius and immature and annoying is another thing... I'd stay far away from this guy, real far away...
      [/quote] I have to disagree.... Players who usually have exceptional talent are misunderstood and the things they sometimes say are taken out of context....(Just based on what I've seen) IMO Smith is one of the best prospects in this years draft....I have a bad feeling if the Giants pass on this guy, they're going to regret it.... And If he goes to the Eagles I'm going to be pissed... The Giants D-line is looking solid....They really need to strengthen their secondary....If they spend a first round pick on a DT I'm going to flip my lid....Honestly![/quote]

Yeah I love Smith on tape and I hope he doesnt end up in the NFC East.

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

• [/list]

[/quote] He said, "my teammates would say, i'm always sarcastic"..lol This dudes a punk.. hes gonna get popped in the mouth in a NFL locker room.. Sure, being funny and all is great, but obnoxius and immature and annoying is another thing... I'd stay far away from this guy, real far away...
      [/quote] I have to disagree.... Players who usually have exceptional talent are misunderstood and the things they sometimes say are taken out of context....(Just based on what I've seen) IMO Smith is one of the best prospects in this years draft....I have a bad feeling if the Giants pass on this guy, they're going to regret it.... And If he goes to the Eagles I'm going to be pissed... The Giants D-line is looking solid....They really need to strengthen their secondary....If they spend a first round pick on a DT I'm going to flip my lid....Honestly![/quote]

[/quote]

As much as I hate to say it, I could see Jerry Jones grabbing him if Prince is off the board and Tyron Smith's knee is acting up more than we know. Then again, put him on the cowboys... could be fun.

NY would probably be a good situation for Jimmy Smith, because you know Coughlin, Fewell, Tuck, Osi, and (if he's here) Grant would not tolerate any crap out of anyone, let alone a rookie. Hell, they didn't tolerate what Antrel Rolle said, and he just spoke his mind (albeit inappropriately given the NYC media).

That being said, the schadenfreudy parts of me would love to see either a DT (Luiget, Wilkerson, Paea) or Aldon Smith (or by some miracle) Robert Quinn taken, just to see people's heads explode.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

• [/list]

[/quote] He said, "my teammates would say, i'm always sarcastic"..lol* This dudes a punk.. hes gonna get popped in the mouth in a NFL locker room.. Sure, being funny and all is great, but obnoxius and immature and annoying is another thing...* I'd stay far away from this guy, real far away...

[/quote]

As much as I hate to say it, I could see Jerry Jones grabbing him if Prince is off the board and Tyron Smith's knee is acting up more than we know. Then again, put him on the cowboys... could be fun.

NY would probably be a good situation for Jimmy Smith, because you know Coughlin, Fewell, Tuck, Osi, and (if he's here) Grant would not tolerate any crap out of anyone, let alone a rookie. Hell, they didn't tolerate what Antrel Rolle said, and he just spoke his mind (albeit inappropriately given the NYC media).

That being said, the schadenfreudy parts of me would love to see either a DT (Luiget, Wilkerson, Paea) or Aldon Smith (or by some miracle) Robert Quinn taken, just to see people's heads explode.
      [/quote]

Ever see the movie Scanners?

And with the 19th overall pick the New York Giants select Defensive End......

Veteran

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

• [/list]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ever see the movie Scanners?

And with the 19th overall pick the New York Giants select Defensive End......

[/quote]

That's pretty much what I was envisioning [:P]

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

• [/list][/quote] He said, "my teammates would say, i'm always sarcastic"..lol This dudes a punk.. hes gonna get popped in the mouth in a NFL locker room.. Sure, being funny and all is great, but obnoxius and immature and annoying is another thing... I'd stay far away from this guy, real far away...
      [/quote]

I have to disagree....

Players who usually have exceptional talent are misunderstood and the things they sometimes say are taken out of context....(Just based on what I've seen)

IMO Smith is one of the best prospects in this years draft....I have a bad feeling if the Giants pass on this guy, they're going to regret it.... And If he goes to the Eagles I'm going to be pissed...

The Giants D-line is looking solid....They really need to strengthen their secondary....If they spend a first round pick on a DT I'm going to flip my lid....Honestly![/quote] ya, pacman jones was definetly misunderstood..lol Theres tons of talented guys who have issues that continue in the nfl, ala Dez Bryant and his immature ways continue... The guys been arrested something like 3times, and didn't he lie about something at his big Job interview at the combine?

I personally woulden't take the gamble, all though i here ya, hes talented...

Man, SO many teams showing interest in Akeem Ayers... Who knows, where hes gonna go...

UCLA linebacker making the rounds Aaron Wilson

April 12, 2011

Print This

Add a Comment

UCLA outside linebacker Akeem Ayers visited the Miami Dolphins this week.

It's believed he also visited the New Orleans Saints.

Ayers had a private workout with the Atlanta Falcons.

Ayers visited the Baltimore Ravens last week.

Hehas previously visited the Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles and the San Diego Chargers.

According to sources, Ayers has a total of 10 visits.

He also has visits with the Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos and theTampa Bay Buccaneers.

Ayers improved his 40-yard dash significantly at his Pro Day workout
    from the NFL scouting combine with clockings in the 4.69 to low 4.7
    range.

Ayers ran a 4.84 at the combine.

Ayers bench pressed 225 pounds 22 times and posted a 34 1/2 inch vertical leap.

The 6-foot-3, 254-pound all-around linebacker has excellent film, but doesn't test off the charts.

However, teams are extremely high on Ayers, including the New York Giants, New England Patriots and the New York Jets.

As a sophomore, Ayers recorded 14 1/2 tackles for losses, six sacks and
    four interceptions as he returned two for touchdowns and two forced
    fumbles with one returned for a score.

As a junior, Ayers recorded 68 tackles, 10 tackles for losses, four sacks, two interceptions and two forced fumbles.

He was voted third-team All-American, was a finalist for the Butkus Award and was named first-team All-Pac 10 Conference.

Follow me on Twitter: RavensInsider

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

• [/list][/quote] He said, "my teammates would say, i'm always sarcastic"..lol* This dudes a punk.. hes gonna get popped in the mouth in a NFL locker room.. Sure, being funny and all is great, but obnoxius and immature and annoying is another thing...* I'd stay far away from this guy, real far away...
      [/quote]

I have to disagree....

The Giants D-line is looking solid....They really need to strengthen their secondary....If they spend a first round pick on a DT I'm going to flip my lid....Honestly![/quote] ya, pacman jones was definetly misunderstood..lol** Theres tons of talented guys who have issues that continue in the nfl, ala Dez Bryant and his immature ways continue... The guys been arrested something like 3times, and didn't he lie about something at his big Job interview at the combine?

I personally woulden't take the gamble, all though i here ya, hes talented...
      [/quote]

Damn.... Why'd you have to bring up Pac-man Jones...You got me there....

Yes theres always the talented players who are bad apples....Giants had a few in Taylor, Plax, Bradhsaw, Manningham etc...I just think it comes down to the risk reward....IMO...If I were a GM I don't think I could pass on that talented a prospect, especially when this draft doesn't have as many as in years past.....

I seriously think if the Giants pass they will regret it if they do....But thats just my opinion...I usually have a feeling about certain players...