+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 562 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

The more I go throughOklahoma tapes the more Im amazed by how many screen passes they throw.

I made a 2012 vid of Landry Jones against FSU. He threw the ball 40 times in the game. I didnt count or anything but out of his 30completed passes my guess is 23,24 of them were screen passes.

[/quote]I'd rather you not post that one, lol. Landry Jones is a hell of a QB and that OU team has been a powerhouse for many years. Those screen passes/bubble screens that you're talking about were well designed and executed well too. FSU got their butts handed to them that day, I'll give Oklahoma that much. They play again this year in Tally and I'll be hoping for a shocker. Watch out for Florida State's new QB EJ Manuel-
    E.J. Manuel 2009-2010 Highlights
    BTW: When are you gonna come thru w/ that Brandon Jenkins vid (reminds me of Osi a bit w/ his size and speed off the edge)?

[/quote]

I started FSU a couple days ago and got sidetracked with Oregon vids

REPORT: TCU OT Marcus Cannon Diagnosed With Cancer

http://nflmocks.com/2011/04/13/tcu-o...-draft-boards/

Some horrible news was leaked in NFL circles today regarding second-round prospect Marcus Cannon of TCU. According to the sources, Cannon has testicular cancer, but it is treatable if dealt with soon. It looks like to news of his cancer is causing him to drop down draft boards. It is a very scary and sad situation for Cannon.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

• [/list]

[/quote] He said, "my teammates would say, i'm always sarcastic"..lol This dudes a punk.. hes gonna get popped in the mouth in a NFL locker room.. Sure, being funny and all is great, but obnoxius and immature and annoying is another thing... I'd stay far away from this guy, real far away...
      [/quote] I have to disagree.... Players who usually have exceptional talent are misunderstood and the things they sometimes say are taken out of context....(Just based on what I've seen) IMO Smith is one of the best prospects in this years draft....I have a bad feeling if the Giants pass on this guy, they're going to regret it.... And If he goes to the Eagles I'm going to be pissed... The Giants D-line is looking solid....They really need to strengthen their secondary....If they spend a first round pick on a DT I'm going to flip my lid....Honestly![/quote] ya, pacman jones was definetly misunderstood..lol Theres tons of talented guys who have issues that continue in the nfl, ala Dez Bryant and his immature ways continue... The guys been arrested something like 3times, and didn't he lie about something at his big Job interview at the combine?

I personally woulden't take the gamble, all though i here ya, hes talented...
      [/quote]

Im with U Id move on to the next corner on my board, Davon House. He has size,speed, tape and isnt a complete jack ***. He should be more highly regarded

[/quote] u know, how high i am on Davon House.. I have been quoted as saying, don't be surprised if he goes very Late 1, and if not, a teams getting a 1st rd talent, where ever they do get em.. Simply put, N.MEX ST is the reason Davon isn't talked about as a sure fire 1st rd pick.. Lighting quick, size, can man cover, has ball skills, and solid charechter and leadership qualitys, oh ya, and he tackles... Hes the complete package.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

REPORT: TCU OT Marcus Cannon Diagnosed With Cancer

http://nflmocks.com/2011/04/13/tcu-o...-draft-boards/

Some horrible news was leaked in NFL circles today regarding second-round prospect Marcus Cannon of TCU. According to the sources, Cannon has testicular cancer, but it is treatable if dealt with soon. It looks like to news of his cancer is causing him to drop down draft boards. It is a very scary and sad situation for Cannon.

[/quote] Wow, i litteraly feel awful for marcus.. Please, fight this and get well, marcus cannon!

Veteran

For the last few weeks, I've been thinking that the Giants could/should trade back with the Jets if Phil Taylor is still there, because well, they need a new Kris Jenkins, and they're basically the same guy.

But what would you say to the Giants drafting him? He, Joseph, or Canty in the middle would mean roughly 700lbs of big, strong, quick humanity rushing forwards, and could pretty much ensure that the ends get 1 on 1's, a TE/RB block, or a free shot.

[quote user="Raptor22"]For the last few weeks, I've been thinking that the Giants could/should trade back with the Jets if Phil Taylor is still there, because well, they need a new Kris Jenkins, and they're basically the same guy.

But what would you say to the Giants drafting him? He, Joseph, or Canty in the middle would mean roughly 700lbs of big, strong, quick humanity rushing forwards, and could pretty much ensure that the ends get 1 on 1's, a TE/RB block, or a free shot.

[/quote]

I'm a big phil taylor fan as well, he's slightly growing on me over paea but in the end i feel like the giants need a pass rushing interior presence. someone who has the quickness or burst off the ball to make plays and disrupt the pocket. Taylor has immense strength/bull rush but in the nfl its much harder to excel pass rushing as a DT with just strength alone, you have to have that explosion off the line of scrimmage. If I was a team in need of drafting a DT to shore up run defense i'd absolutely go with taylor though. but thats just me tho, its pretty much debatable whether or not the giants even need a DT

Veteran

[quote user="Neverend"]

[quote user="Raptor22"]For the last few weeks, I've been thinking that the Giants could/should trade back with the Jets if Phil Taylor is still there, because well, they need a new Kris Jenkins, and they're basically the same guy.

[/quote]

I'm a big phil taylor fan as well, he's slightly growing on me over paea but in the end i feel like the giants need a pass rushing interior presence. someone who has the quickness or burst off the ball to make plays and disrupt the pocket. Taylor has immense strength/bull rush but in the nfl its much harder to excel pass rushing as a DT with just strength alone, you have to have that explosion off the line of scrimmage. If I was a team in need of drafting a DT to shore up run defense i'd absolutely go with taylor though. but thats just me tho, its pretty much debatable whether or not the giants even need a DT

[/quote]

Well, I'm thinking that Taylor is going to get a 1-on-1 sometimes, and when he does, he can get in the backfield faster than a guy his size has any right to (I saw one report (Wes Bunting?) say that Taylor is basically unblockable 1-on-1). He reminds me of Joseph in that, while he's got a NT's frame, he plays like a 3tech. At the very least he's going to command a double team pretty much every play, which will open up opportunities for somebody else.

I'd love to get Paea too (but that's pretty much understood at this point lol)

[quote user="Neverend"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Oh, i think the giants could use a DT, for sure.. With cofield, all but out the door, and Linval being a unknown, and Bernard aging by the yr and also being kinda a dissapointment so far, and canty offering very little playmaking ability from the DT spot, the giants seriously need a pass rush DT, and i for one, would prefer either liuget in RD 1, or Nevis in RD 2or3... I love Linval Joseph, and his potential, but i think hes gonna hopefully grow into a NT type, that on occasion, can get through and get the QB or RB behind the line, and Nevis's skills will mix well with Canty and Linval and Bernard...

Another Run Stuffer who is kinda underrated is Ian Williams of ND.. He'll clog some lanes for a team that needs that..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Oh, i think the giants could use a DT, for sure.. With cofield, all but out the door, and Linval being a unknown, and Bernard aging by the yr and also being kinda a dissapointment so far, and canty offering very little playmaking ability from the DT spot, the giants seriously need a pass rush DT, and i for one, would prefer either liuget in RD 1, or Nevis in RD 2or3... I love Linval Joseph, and his potential, but i think hes gonna hopefully grow into a NT type, that on occasion, can get through and get the QB or RB behind the line, and Nevis's skills will mix well with Canty and Linval and Bernard...

Another Run Stuffer who is kinda underrated is Ian Williams of ND.. He'll clog some lanes for a team that needs that..

[/quote]

Yeah I want a 3 Tech that can get into the backfield. Jarvis Jenkins of Clemson created a ton of Bowers sacks

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh I agree, when I typed that I was specifically thinking about drafting a DT in the 1st round. I like Nevis too, he's explosive and collapses the pocket. His run defense is extremely questionable but at the worst he's a situational pass rusher