+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 562 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Just put it up

[/quote] Great Vid... I really think Greg Jones is on the giants radar... Hes just so darn active, even on some of the tape, when hes not making the play, hes right around it, and in solid positon... Sure, theres some weaknesses, but there is for every player, that is the type of LB i would like to see... U put him on our team in RD 2or3, and add say, KJ Wright or Akeem Ayers for the SLB positon,and watch out...
    [/quote]
    He is a good player for sure. I certainly wouldnt mind him on this team. He isjust a plugger.

But, my concern with him isnt exactly with him as much as it is with us. I consider SLB our biggest need not only at LB, but on the whole team. I dunno bout you, but I do not see him capable of playing SLB. I do not think he is tall enough nor do I think he is nearly as effective moving backwards. He really shines in traffic(thats a really good thing for 43 MLB.)

So, if we took him, I would be happy, but only if we also got a guy to fill the SLB position.

What do you think? You think this kid can play OLB. He would be giving up 6+ inches to TEs. That would be hard to overcome in coverage.
    [/quote]

He is fine with everything in front of him. He is a downhill LB. He blitzes real well and should make impact plays behind the line.However The added bulk has left him really stiff. His best spot is inside in a 3-4. I still say the Steelersishis best landing spot. I think Jones could be very productive in the right system and does not fit all NFL teams

[/quote]
    Ya thats my point. I love him in traffic. I love him as a stout MLB. But, we have a MUCH bigger need right now at SLB and that, he is not. So taking him would be a value pick over a need pick. it wouldnt bother me at all, because he is so good at what he does, I just dont think we can ignore the glaring need at SLB for very long in this draft. There just arent that many guys that can contribute early as a SLB in this class.

KJ wright , on the other hand, could be both value and need. In my opinion, there are 3 guys in this draft who can legitimately step in and help us at SLB: Ayers, Carter(although injury may prevent immediate help) and Wright. Anyone else is going to be a work in progress for that position. There are guys who could end up very good, but they arent going to do it right away. We need right away, especially considering the potential lack of an offseason camp to learn the position.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Just put it up

[/quote] Great Vid... I really think Greg Jones is on the giants radar... Hes just so darn active, even on some of the tape, when hes not making the play, hes right around it, and in solid positon... Sure, theres some weaknesses, but there is for every player, that is the type of LB i would like to see... U put him on our team in RD 2or3, and add say, KJ Wright or Akeem Ayers for the SLB positon,and watch out...
    [/quote]
    He is a good player for sure. I certainly wouldnt mind him on this team. He isjust a plugger.

But, my concern with him isnt exactly with him as much as it is with us. I consider SLB our biggest need not only at LB, but on the whole team. I dunno bout you, but I do not see him capable of playing SLB. I do not think he is tall enough nor do I think he is nearly as effective moving backwards. He really shines in traffic(thats a really good thing for 43 MLB.)

So, if we took him, I would be happy, but only if we also got a guy to fill the SLB position.

What do you think? You think this kid can play OLB. He would be giving up 6+ inches to TEs. That would be hard to overcome in coverage.
    [/quote]

He is fine with everything in front of him. He is a downhill LB. He blitzes real well and should make impact plays behind the line.However The added bulk has left him really stiff. His best spot is inside in a 3-4. I still say the Steelersishis best landing spot. I think Jones could be very productive in the right system and does not fit all NFL teams

[/quote]
    Ya thats my point. I love him in traffic. I love him as a stout MLB. But, we have a MUCH bigger need right now at SLB and that, he is not. So taking him would be a value pick over a need pick. it wouldnt bother me at all, because he is so good at what he does, I just dont think we can ignore the glaring need at SLB for very long in this draft. There just arent that many guys that can contribute early as a SLB in this class.

KJ wright , on the other hand, could be both value and need. In my opinion, there are 3 guys in this draft who can legitimately step in and help us at SLB: Ayers, Carter(although injury may prevent immediate help) and Wright. Anyone else is going to be a work in progress for that position. There are guys who could end up very good, but they arent going to do it right away. We need right away, especially considering the potential lack of an offseason camp to learn the position.
    [/quote]

Personally, I like Carter the most out of those three... Mostly because A) his ST abilities, and B) he can step in and make an impact at SLB, but if Sintim or Tracy step up, he can slide over to WILL if they decide not to resign Boley.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Boley got 25 mil, and 11 guaranteed.[/quote] Ok, 25million, i was rounding off.. Jesus! No kidding its not all guranteed, the point is they gave em alot of money, do u even get the point? The point is they brought him in to get a more active LB, who can excel in coverege, and hes been just "ok"... The point is, there not ignoring finding LB's that can play in space, there big money WLB, just hasen't lived quite up to his billing....
    [/quote]Well more than 1 would be nice[/quote] Hey, i agree to a point, all though, i believe its scheme and coaching that will have our LB"s succeed in pass coverege more then anything, and if we cover with our cover spots, like CB and S, consistently, and get some consistent pass rush, you'll notice our LB;s looking better... I don't think theres a chance greg jones goes to a 3/4 team, i see him as a MLB or WLB, or swing LB, that can do either, depending on the down and area of field, in a 4/3....

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Boley got 25 mil, and 11 guaranteed.[/quote] Ok, 25million, i was rounding off.. Jesus! No kidding its not all guranteed, the point is they gave em alot of money, do u even get the point? The point is they brought him in to get a more active LB, who can excel in coverege, and hes been just "ok"... The point is, there not ignoring finding LB's that can play in space, there big money WLB, just hasen't lived quite up to his billing....
    [/quote]Well more than 1 would be nice[/quote] Hey, i agree to a point, all though, i believe its scheme and coaching that will have our LB"s succeed in pass coverege more then anything, and if we cover with our cover spots, like CB and S, consistently, and get some consistent pass rush, you'll notice our LB;s looking better... I don't think theres a chance greg jones goes to a 3/4 team, i see him as a MLB or WLB, or swing LB, that can do either, depending on the down and area of field, in a 4/3....

[/quote]

That's how I see him (and Nate Irving) too. In Fewell's scheme, I think either one would play WILL for most downs, then switch to MIKE in the 3S-set (Goff would go out, and we'd still have a MIKE, pick up some in pass coverage, not lose much in run D, and have a good blitzer inside).

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Boley got 25 mil, and 11 guaranteed.[/quote] Ok, 25million, i was rounding off.. Jesus! No kidding its not all guranteed, the point is they gave em alot of money, do u even get the point? The point is they brought him in to get a more active LB, who can excel in coverege, and hes been just "ok"... The point is, there not ignoring finding LB's that can play in space, there big money WLB, just hasen't lived quite up to his billing....

[/quote]

Depends on the team , He is very stiff for a WLBand he is not good in space.He moved much better last year.3-4 /4-3doesnt really matter its more on how they are used. I mentioned the Steelers because of his skill set but he doesnt fit all 3-4 teams either.Jones doesnt move side to side or backwards well. He attacksthe run and QB very well. If the play is in front of him he is in good shape.U could put him at MLB and pull him off the field in passing situations or let him attack the QB because he blitzes real well.Its one of my favorite things about him. Jones in between the hash marks maybe the best LB prospect in the draft but outside of them he gets exposed. He has trouble defending cut back runners andwhen a runner gets to the corner he isnt going to make the play.Jones stiffness will be exposed in coverage as well. He wont be able to stick with backs or TE's. He doesnt drop deep enough into his drops as well. Jones is intriguing because he makes negative plays which is always a good thing. His blitzing is also a nice plus. The thing I keep coming back to though is beating the Eagles. Is Greg Jones the right MLB to contain Vick and Mccoy?

I noticed today no one had put this game up and I was really surprised. Leshoure killed Baylor for almost 200 yards rushing and 3 TD's in this game. This kids a horse and a every down back

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

I noticed today no one had put this game up and I was really surprised. Leshoure killed Baylor for almost 200 yards rushing and 3 TD's in this game. This kids a horse and a every down back

[/quote]

Where did you get that game anyway

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote] i watched this game live, mikel leshoure was outta this world....

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Megaupload, Im working on Liuget now

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

Depends on the team , He is very stiff for a WLBand he is not good in space.He moved much better last year.3-4 /4-3doesnt really matter its more on how they are used. I mentioned the Steelers because of his skill set but he doesnt fit all 3-4 teams either.Jones doesnt move side to side or backwards well. He attacksthe run and QB very well. If the play is in front of him he is in good shape.U could put him at MLB and pull him off the field in passing situations or let him attack the QB because he blitzes real well.Its one of my favorite things about him. Jones in between the hash marks maybe the best LB prospect in the draft but outside of them he gets exposed. He has trouble defending cut back runners andwhen a runner gets to the corner he isnt going to make the play.Jones stiffness will be exposed in coverage as well. He wont be able to stick with backs or TE's. He doesnt drop deep enough into his drops as well. Jones is intriguing because he makes negative plays which is always a good thing. His blitzing is also a nice plus. The thing I keep coming back to though is beating the Eagles. Is Greg Jones the right MLB to contain Vick and Mccoy?

[/quote] He makes more plays going after RB's that are trying to get the corner, then is lead on, thats for sure... I guess, its not his strength, but i think sometimes, with these guys, they get labeled by someone, and it sticks... I don't think hes gonna have much of a problem, judging from what i've seen, getting after guys trying to hit the corner, he finds the ball really well, and is like a missle when hes in pursuit, and wills his way to the ball carrier.. He is a LB, and a talented RB will make him look silly from time to time, but this is one guy, i don't think gets full credit, for his ability... I've seen him with my own eyes, make a ton of plays going toward the corner, not just up the middle.... If anything, he miss's on some of those plays, because he gets outta control, mainly, because hes hustling, and is trying to kill the ball carrier or reciver.. Hes actually not bad at taking TE's or RBs in a short area, another thing, u woulden't know, unless you watch him... He moves well, and isn't that stiff, in my opinion.. A real tough guy, in this draft... He flat out gets it done.. I don't think hes gonna be asked to blitz as much in the pros, and you'll totally see what i'm talking about on a more consistent basis....

Hes gonna be a good all around LB, in my opinion, a real leader, that makes big plays all over the place....