+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 562 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Boley got 25 mil, and 11 guaranteed.[/quote] Ok, 25million, i was rounding off.. Jesus! No kidding its not all guranteed, the point is they gave em alot of money, do u even get the point? The point is they brought him in to get a more active LB, who can excel in coverege, and hes been just "ok"... The point is, there not ignoring finding LB's that can play in space, there big money WLB, just hasen't lived quite up to his billing....
    [/quote]Well more than 1 would be nice[/quote] Hey, i agree to a point, all though, i believe its scheme and coaching that will have our LB"s succeed in pass coverege more then anything, and if we cover with our cover spots, like CB and S, consistently, and get some consistent pass rush, you'll notice our LB;s looking better... I don't think theres a chance greg jones goes to a 3/4 team, i see him as a MLB or WLB, or swing LB, that can do either, depending on the down and area of field, in a 4/3....

[/quote]

Depends on the team , He is very stiff for a WLBand he is not good in space.He moved much better last year.3-4 /4-3doesnt really matter its more on how they are used. I mentioned the Steelers because of his skill set but he doesnt fit all 3-4 teams either.Jones doesnt move side to side or backwards well. He attacksthe run and QB very well. If the play is in front of him he is in good shape.U could put him at MLB and pull him off the field in passing situations or let him attack the QB because he blitzes real well.Its one of my favorite things about him. Jones in between the hash marks maybe the best LB prospect in the draft but outside of them he gets exposed. He has trouble defending cut back runners andwhen a runner gets to the corner he isnt going to make the play.Jones stiffness will be exposed in coverage as well. He wont be able to stick with backs or TE's. He doesnt drop deep enough into his drops as well. Jones is intriguing because he makes negative plays which is always a good thing. His blitzing is also a nice plus. The thing I keep coming back to though is beating the Eagles. Is Greg Jones the right MLB to contain Vick and Mccoy?

[/quote] He makes more plays going after RB's that are trying to get the corner, then is lead on, thats for sure... I guess, its not his strength, but i think sometimes, with these guys, they get labeled by someone, and it sticks... I don't think hes gonna have much of a problem, judging from what i've seen, getting after guys trying to hit the corner, he finds the ball really well, and is like a missle when hes in pursuit, and wills his way to the ball carrier.. He is a LB, and a talented RB will make him look silly from time to time, but this is one guy, i don't think gets full credit, for his ability... I've seen him with my own eyes, make a ton of plays going toward the corner, not just up the middle.... If anything, he miss's on some of those plays, because he gets outta control, mainly, because hes hustling, and is trying to kill the ball carrier or reciver.. Hes actually not bad at taking TE's or RBs in a short area, another thing, u woulden't know, unless you watch him... He moves well, and isn't that stiff, in my opinion.. A real tough guy, in this draft... He flat out gets it done.. I don't think hes gonna be asked to blitz as much in the pros, and you'll totally see what i'm talking about on a more consistent basis....

Hes gonna be a good all around LB, in my opinion, a real leader, that makes big plays all over the place....
    [/quote]

Are u suggesting I dont watch him I make videos of these players. Jones gets beat to the corner consistently by backs and any play that isnt within the hash marks going forward doesnt end well for him. Michigan state is very conscious of his limitations and protects him. There are some things I like about Jones and some not so much. I really dont know how U can say he isnt stiff. Ever since he added that weight his fluidity is not as good. I do believe Jones will succeed in the NFL though. He makes to many plays within the hashmarks not 2. Im not sure why a team wouldnt want to use Jones as a Blitzer. He disguises and times them very well. If all your saying he isnt going to blitz as much as he did at Michigan state well thats probably true they used him constantly in that manner.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Boley got 25 mil, and 11 guaranteed.[/quote] Ok, 25million, i was rounding off.. Jesus! No kidding its not all guranteed, the point is they gave em alot of money, do u even get the point? The point is they brought him in to get a more active LB, who can excel in coverege, and hes been just "ok"... The point is, there not ignoring finding LB's that can play in space, there big money WLB, just hasen't lived quite up to his billing....
    [/quote]Well more than 1 would be nice[/quote] Hey, i agree to a point, all though, i believe its scheme and coaching that will have our LB"s succeed in pass coverege more then anything, and if we cover with our cover spots, like CB and S, consistently, and get some consistent pass rush, you'll notice our LB;s looking better... I don't think theres a chance greg jones goes to a 3/4 team, i see him as a MLB or WLB, or swing LB, that can do either, depending on the down and area of field, in a 4/3....

[/quote]

Depends on the team , He is very stiff for a WLBand he is not good in space.He moved much better last year.3-4 /4-3doesnt really matter its more on how they are used. I mentioned the Steelers because of his skill set but he doesnt fit all 3-4 teams either.Jones doesnt move side to side or backwards well. He attacksthe run and QB very well. If the play is in front of him he is in good shape.U could put him at MLB and pull him off the field in passing situations or let him attack the QB because he blitzes real well.Its one of my favorite things about him. Jones in between the hash marks maybe the best LB prospect in the draft but outside of them he gets exposed. He has trouble defending cut back runners andwhen a runner gets to the corner he isnt going to make the play.Jones stiffness will be exposed in coverage as well. He wont be able to stick with backs or TE's. He doesnt drop deep enough into his drops as well. Jones is intriguing because he makes negative plays which is always a good thing. His blitzing is also a nice plus. The thing I keep coming back to though is beating the Eagles. Is Greg Jones the right MLB to contain Vick and Mccoy?

[/quote] He makes more plays going after RB's that are trying to get the corner, then is lead on, thats for sure... I guess, its not his strength, but i think sometimes, with these guys, they get labeled by someone, and it sticks... I don't think hes gonna have much of a problem, judging from what i've seen, getting after guys trying to hit the corner, he finds the ball really well, and is like a missle when hes in pursuit, and wills his way to the ball carrier.. He is a LB, and a talented RB will make him look silly from time to time, but this is one guy, i don't think gets full credit, for his ability... I've seen him with my own eyes, make a ton of plays going toward the corner, not just up the middle.... If anything, he miss's on some of those plays, because he gets outta control, mainly, because hes hustling, and is trying to kill the ball carrier or reciver.. Hes actually not bad at taking TE's or RBs in a short area, another thing, u woulden't know, unless you watch him... He moves well, and isn't that stiff, in my opinion.. A real tough guy, in this draft... He flat out gets it done.. I don't think hes gonna be asked to blitz as much in the pros, and you'll totally see what i'm talking about on a more consistent basis....

Hes gonna be a good all around LB, in my opinion, a real leader, that makes big plays all over the place....
    [/quote]

Are u suggesting I dont watch him I make videos of these players. Jones gets beat to the corner consistently by backs and any play that isnt within the hash marks going forward doesnt end well for him. Michigan state is very conscious of his limitations and protects him. There are some things I like about Jones and some not so much. I really dont know how U can say he isnt stiff. Ever since he added that weight his fluidity is not as good. I do believe Jones will succeed in the NFL though. He makes to many plays within the hashmarks not 2. Im not sure why a team wouldnt want to use Jones as a Blitzer. He disguises and times them very well. If all your saying he isnt going to blitz as much as he did at Michigan state well thats probably true they used him constantly in that manner.

[/quote] Thats to funny.. I almost made another post, stating, that i didn't mean you personally don't watch Jones play, but in general, but i was like, "nah, theres no way someone can take it that way"...lol I knew, i should of just wrote the post, stating i didn't mean you...lol

I do think he'll be used blitzing, just not as much as in College, where its alot easier to blitz against guys who will be working in a office at this time next yr... I tried finding some more tape on him, on line, but coulden't.. Go pull up him VS Iowa, he must of made 3or 4 tackles going to the sideline, and same with Northwestern...I've seen him do it, and do it well... hes asked to blitz all the time, becasue hes good at it, and its tough to stop when someones good at something in college, in the pro's, they'll mix it up with him, and he'll do other things, to try and disguise when he does blitz... I see em as a 3down LB, that can cover a te or rb in a short area, and make plays all over the place....

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Thats to funny.. I almost made another post, stating, that i didn't mean you personally don't watch Jones play, but in general, but i was like, "nah, theres no way someone can take it that way"...lol I knew, i should of just wrote the post, stating i didn't mean you...lol

I do think he'll be used blitzing, just not as much as in College, where its alot easier to blitz against guys who will be working in a office at this time next yr... I tried finding some more tape on him, on line, but coulden't.. Go pull up him VS Iowa, he must of made 3or 4 tackles going to the sideline, and same with Northwestern...I've seen him do it, and do it well... hes asked to blitz all the time, becasue hes good at it, and its tough to stop when someones good at something in college, in the pro's, they'll mix it up with him, and he'll do other things, to try and disguise when he does blitz... I see em as a 3down LB, that can cover a te or rb in a short area, and make plays all over the place....
    [/quote]

They will for sure blitz him less in the NFL. State blitzed him the majority of the time in passing situations. I do like Greg Jones as a prospectIm just fixated on beating the Eagles . The Giants need to get faster players that can change direction quickly at LB or another big safety like Chad Jonesto combat them and teams like them. I really cant stand another loss to them. Im so sick of watching 40 spots get put up against this team every time they play someone with multiple weapons. I really want a cornerback first and foremost and im going to be completly disappointed if we dont come away with one early in the draft

No comment on the Harrison Smith vid Sportzfan I thought for sure with your love for ND u would of watched it.

Its funny he isnt really talked about as one of the top safeties in the 2012 draft. Scout had a list of the Top 15 free safeties and he was 13th. Dude is good for 10 tackles a game, He hits hard, he picks off passes "Even if there thrown god awful by JacoryPlease Feed me Harris"and on the tapes I have didnt get beat in man coverage. I admit there were some plays he was a step slow in reacting to the QB to make a play in Cover 2 but there were way more good plays then bad. Im just mad on the vid I forgot to put the Pitt game where he had 11 tackles and a pick because I have those plays scribed as well.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

I noticed today no one had put this game up and I was really surprised. Leshoure killed Baylor for almost 200 yards rushing and 3 TD's in this game. This kids a horse and a every down back

[/quote]

Hey redeye, do you still do requests from people or just only do 2012 vids from your choosing?

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

I noticed today no one had put this game up and I was really surprised. Leshoure killed Baylor for almost 200 yards rushing and 3 TD's in this game. This kids a horse and a every down back

[/quote]

Hey redeye, do you still do requests from people or just only do 2012 vids from your choosing?

[/quote]

what do u want

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what do u want

[/quote]

I was hoping for a deandre mcdaniel video if its not too much to ask

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what do u want

[/quote]

[/quote]

U know I watched a lot of Clemson during the season but havent looked at much of there tape. So yeah I will put something together because I wanted to make vids of Andre Branch,Rashard Halland Andre Ellington anyway. I will do that then I really got to finish with Nigel Bradham and Brandon Jenkins Ive ben scribing there games for a month and keep getting sidetracked.

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what do u want

[/quote]

[/quote]

I went through this game but there really wasnt any plays on the ball. Just a lot of him coming up to play the run . I try to take a look at another Clemson game

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what do u want

[/quote]

[/quote]

I went through this game but there really wasnt any plays on the ball. Just a lot of him coming up to play the run . I try to take a look at another Clemson game
    [/quote] If u get a chance Redeye, was wondering if u could get up James Brewer video... I love this guy, hes grown on me, bigtime... I could see him filling mckenzies spot when he goes to a T... If not Brewer, would love to see a Video on any of these guys, not all of course, but if u could do any of these guys, it would rock.. Your vid's are awesome!

Kj wright
    james brewer
    lawerence wilson
    quention carter