+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 562 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Man the Cowboy fans are all over my Tyron Smith vid Ive gotten almost 3200 hits on it since he was picked. Im so pissed DRAFTBREAKDOWN features my vids and houses my SEC clips and right now there site is down On draft day there site is down. Might not be up till tommorow

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Seems mr. Jerrnigan became buddies with former TROY player Law Tynes while visiting us, and watching film with Gilbride.. A pretty cool draft diary... The one thing i don't like is when he says he was talking with our guys, and talking ST's, and they liked the fact he played ST's, compared to other guys on there board... Hopefully we don't get a bunch of guys who can't play ST's.. I'm not worried about it yet, but it stuck out when i first read it...

Jerrel Jernigan Draft Diary 4/18/11

News

Last week, I finished off my tour of visits by going up to New York to meet with the Giants. On my way back, I stopped in Charlotte to visit with the Panthers before finally getting home.

The travel schedule was draining because I had to leave as soon as I got comfortable, but it is a huge part of the draft process so it was a cool experience.

The Giants visit went well. I got to meet with all of their front office people and they showed me around their facilities, which are actually in New Jersey.

I watched a good bit of film with their offensive coordinator (Kevin Gilbride). They went in depth with me about playing special teams, which is something they like about me compared to some other guys on their board.

With Carolina, I think that visit went great. I really like Charlotte as a city. That meeting seemed to last a little longer than the other teams, especially when it came to board work.

They also let me go over their playbook which was kind of cool. Their new staff is pretty energetic about getting their organization turned around.

I got back from Charlotte on Thursday, which was just enough time to get prepared for Coach (Larry) Blakeney's appreciation roast on Saturday at the Renaissance Hotel in Montgomery.

It was pretty cool for me to meet with a lot of the former NFL players that went to Troy.

One of the guys I got to meet was L.T. (NY Giants kicker) Lawrence Tynes. He's a great guy and we exchanged numbers. He told me he would love for me to become a Giant so I enjoyed talking with him.

I got to catch up with a few guys who I played with that have moved on to the next level. Guys like Leodis (McKelvin), Sherrod (Martin), and Brandon Lang.

I also got to have fun with a lot of the front office people at Troy and a lot of alumni who I never got the chance to meet before.

This week I will just try to relax and make sure I get some good work outs in because the travel schedule kind of threw my routine off.

Also, the New York Jets are coming down on Friday to Troy to work me out. They are bringing their offensive coordinator down so I want to make sure I do my best to impress him.
    [/quote]

U know Im a fan of his as well but I know the chances are very slim they would draft him. I think if the value presents itself they would but I dont think they are willing to use the pick they need to in order to nab him

[/quote] We shall see, nothing surprises me, and i do think this is the one kinda WR they'd take, in a eary rd...
    [/quote] WELCOME TO NY, JERRNIGAN!

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Seems mr. Jerrnigan became buddies with former TROY player Law Tynes while visiting us, and watching film with Gilbride.. A pretty cool draft diary... The one thing i don't like is when he says he was talking with our guys, and talking ST's, and they liked the fact he played ST's, compared to other guys on there board... Hopefully we don't get a bunch of guys who can't play ST's.. I'm not worried about it yet, but it stuck out when i first read it...

Jerrel Jernigan Draft Diary 4/18/11

News

Last week, I finished off my tour of visits by going up to New York to meet with the Giants. On my way back, I stopped in Charlotte to visit with the Panthers before finally getting home.

The travel schedule was draining because I had to leave as soon as I got comfortable, but it is a huge part of the draft process so it was a cool experience.

The Giants visit went well. I got to meet with all of their front office people and they showed me around their facilities, which are actually in New Jersey.

I watched a good bit of film with their offensive coordinator (Kevin Gilbride). They went in depth with me about playing special teams, which is something they like about me compared to some other guys on their board.

With Carolina, I think that visit went great. I really like Charlotte as a city. That meeting seemed to last a little longer than the other teams, especially when it came to board work.

They also let me go over their playbook which was kind of cool. Their new staff is pretty energetic about getting their organization turned around.

I got back from Charlotte on Thursday, which was just enough time to get prepared for Coach (Larry) Blakeney's appreciation roast on Saturday at the Renaissance Hotel in Montgomery.

It was pretty cool for me to meet with a lot of the former NFL players that went to Troy.

One of the guys I got to meet was L.T. (NY Giants kicker) Lawrence Tynes. He's a great guy and we exchanged numbers. He told me he would love for me to become a Giant so I enjoyed talking with him.

I got to catch up with a few guys who I played with that have moved on to the next level. Guys like Leodis (McKelvin), Sherrod (Martin), and Brandon Lang.

I also got to have fun with a lot of the front office people at Troy and a lot of alumni who I never got the chance to meet before.

This week I will just try to relax and make sure I get some good work outs in because the travel schedule kind of threw my routine off.

Also, the New York Jets are coming down on Friday to Troy to work me out. They are bringing their offensive coordinator down so I want to make sure I do my best to impress him.
    [/quote]

U know Im a fan of his as well but I know the chances are very slim they would draft him. I think if the value presents itself they would but I dont think they are willing to use the pick they need to in order to nab him

[/quote] We shall see, nothing surprises me, and i do think this is the one kinda WR they'd take, in a eary rd...
    [/quote] WELCOME TO NY, JERRNIGAN!
    [/quote]

Yeah I really didnt think he would be available there. I thought they would have to use there 2nd rounder to get him

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Just put it up
    [/quote]

bumpity bump bump (b^.^)

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Just put it up

[/quote]

bumpity bump bump (b^.^)
    [/quote]

Doesn't seem like his best game though, made some nice instinctual plays but just doesn't seem like the most agile guy in the world. hopefully better tape of him surfaces on youtube

But I remember after last years draft and ppl were talking about next years lb class i was looking up about greg jones and i remember saying to myself "this guy is explosive and fast". maybe that added weight had an effect on his athleticism

Let's get a 2012 ready.

[quote user="gmen0820"]Let's get a 2012 ready.[/quote]Okay I was not sure should I keep this thread and change the titleor start a new one

Here are some QB vids I did the other day thatI didn t post on here

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Just put it up

[/quote]

bumpity bump bump (b^.^)
    [/quote]

Doesn't seem like his best game though, made some nice instinctual plays but just doesn't seem like the most agile guy in the world. hopefully better tape of him surfaces on youtube

But I remember after last years draft and ppl were talking about next years lb class i was looking up about greg jones and i remember saying to myself "this guy is explosive and fast". maybe that added weight had an effect on his athleticism

[/quote] Heres a article about him after we picked em... I feel hes exactly the type of blue collared, make plays, rugged LB, that the giants need.. Shoot, i just got done saying, he reminds me of GIANT player last week, and player i feel they would like.. I love that, "i am hungrier then ever to prove them wrong", quote.. He said, "i wasen't highly recurited, but came in and became a 2time All American" THis kid flat out gets it done... THe giants see em as a MLB, but i'm telling you, if Goff holds the job, this kid will find a way on the field, as is said, hes got that versatility.. As i've said many times, he really has a CURTIS LOFTON feel to his game..

MSU star Greg Jones 'relieved' to be drafted; Chris L. Rucker taken, too

Matt Charboneau / / The Detroit News

East Lansing— It took much longer than he ever would have
    hoped, but Greg Jones finally heard his name called in the NFL draft
    Saturday afternoon.

Jones, a two-time All-American from Michigan
    State, was selected in the sixth round by the New York Giants, three
    picks before teammate Chris L. Rucker.

Advertisement

"It has been a stressful three days, but I
    feel both relieved and excited," Jones said. "All of my hard work has
    paid off, and now, I'm excited to have the opportunity to pursue my
    dream of playing in the NFL.

"A lot of teams passed on me, but I'm hungrier than ever to prove
    myself. I wasn't highly recruited coming out of high school, but yet I
    became a four-year starter and an All-American
    ."

The
    third-leading tackler in Michigan State history had been projected as
    high as the second round after his junior season, but elected to return
    to school and led the Spartans to a Big Ten championship. His draft
    stock took quite a hit, however. Jones had been told he could go
    anywhere from the second round to the fifth, but it took until the 185th
    selection before he finally went.

"Greg Jones equals
    production," said Marc Ross, Giants director of college scouting. "To
    get a guy who is this productive, this late. ... Jones is instinctive,
    plays hard and gets to the football. He's just a football player."

At
    just under 6-foot-1 and 240 pounds, Jones doesn't have the prototypical
    size for an NFL inside linebacker and didn't wow the scouts in workouts
    prior to the draft. But his ability to read and react to plays as well
    as his versatility should bode well at the next level.

The Giants
    see him as a MIKE linebacker "because he's built thick and compact,"
    Ross said. "He has the instincts and vision to play inside. He plays
    best in there because he's so slippery, plus he's real quick laterally."

Jones said the Giants were happy to get him.

"I could
    really hear the excitement in the voices of (general manager) Jerry
    Reese and (head coach) Tom Coughlin," Jones said. "They really liked me
    and they feel like I can have an impact right away, both on defense and
    special teams."

[quote user="gmen0820"]Let's get a 2012 ready.[/quote]Okay I was not sure should I keep this thread and change the titleor start a new one

Here are some QB vids I did the other day thatI didn t post on here

[/quote] Speaking of QB's, we gotta get a Nick Foles tape up.. Not that i like em, that much..lol

More 2012, My second safety vid

[/quote] Sorry about not checking this out earlier... U know how it is around draft time, trying to focus on this yrs crop and such... Anyhow, i love this kid! He is very instinctive, always making the big plays for ND in the secondary, and has enough size to be a force in the run game... A nice looking Prospect.. I'm interested to see his 40time, all though, for him, it won't matter much, becasue hes that "football" player, that people are starting to really realize, matters alot... Hes kinda like Sash, in that, hes not the best against the pass, but i'll be damned, if he don't come up with a ton of big picks, in key situations...

Notre Dame has alot of good players on D, that are underrated like Smith.. Another smith, Brian Smith may get picked up as a UDF, as hes a solid all around LB type, and Darrin Walls most certainly will be picked up, as a physical cover corner, who is great against the run, and is very wise and expierenced.. I'm surprised Walls didn't get drafted, to be honest..