+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 562 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]
    More 2012, My second safety vid

[/quote] Sorry about not checking this out earlier... U know how it is around draft time, trying to focus on this yrs crop and such... Anyhow, i love this kid! He is very instinctive, always making the big plays for ND in the secondary, and has enough size to be a force in the run game... A nice looking Prospect.. I'm interested to see his 40time, all though, for him, it won't matter much, becasue hes that "football" player, that people are starting to really realize, matters alot... Hes kinda like Sash, in that, hes not the best against the pass, but i'll be damned, if he don't come up with a ton of big picks, in key situations...

Notre Dame has alot of good players on D, that are underrated like Smith.. Another smith, Brian Smith may get picked up as a UDF, as hes a solid all around LB type, and Darrin Walls most certainly will be picked up, as a physical cover corner, who is great against the run, and is very wise and expierenced.. I'm surprised Walls didn't get drafted, to be honest..
    [/quote]so what do u think we start a new thread or use this one. I wouldnt mind using this one but U cant jump to pages on this website but i would like to keep these posts

I was surprised U didnt say anything its Notre Dame. I like Harrision Smith but teams probably wont because he isnt an elite athlete.He was rated like the 12th best Free safety for the 2012 draft. 3 picks in the Bowl game and 7 overall last year.

Yeah Foles I will make tapes on. I have a bunch of Arizona and I only had one SDSU game so I wanted to do that one first before someone else did that one. The Luck games are all ready up. I did Landry Jones as well

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote] Sorry about not checking this out earlier... U know how it is around draft time, trying to focus on this yrs crop and such... Anyhow, i love this kid! He is very instinctive, always making the big plays for ND in the secondary, and has enough size to be a force in the run game... A nice looking Prospect.. I'm interested to see his 40time, all though, for him, it won't matter much, becasue hes that "football" player, that people are starting to really realize, matters alot... Hes kinda like Sash, in that, hes not the best against the pass, but i'll be damned, if he don't come up with a ton of big picks, in key situations...

Notre Dame has alot of good players on D, that are underrated like Smith.. Another smith, Brian Smith may get picked up as a UDF, as hes a solid all around LB type, and Darrin Walls most certainly will be picked up, as a physical cover corner, who is great against the run, and is very wise and expierenced.. I'm surprised Walls didn't get drafted, to be honest..
    [/quote]so what do u think we start a new thread or use this one. I wouldnt mind using this one but U cant jump to pages on this website but i would like to keep these posts

I was surprised U didnt say anything its Notre Dame. I like Harrision Smith but teams probably wont because he isnt an elite athlete.He was rated like the 12th best Free safety for the 2012 draft. 3 picks in the Bowl game and 7 overall last year.

Yeah Foles I will make tapes on. I have a bunch of Arizona and I only had one SDSU game so I wanted to do that one first before someone else did that one. The Luck games are all ready up. I did Landry Jones as well

[/quote] ya, i didn't see it, really.. I might of seen it in passing, but didn't really grasp it, or whatever, i guess..lol

Hey, i'm sure you seen that highlight VID of WILLIAMS by now, and read up on him, was wondering if your now as excited about the kid as i am? Wasen't that really solid Tackling Form, he displayed in that vid? Also, very aggresive, and did u notice he is always trying to get his hands on balls, even the tough plays, that alot of players would probably just let go by, thinking theres no chance.. He seems like hes really hungry and wants to make the play.. A shore video i know, but thats a Highlight video, that sticks with you..lol

If u take what he did this yr, and project to what he'd of done in his 2nd yr of starting, it really projects to a special season..
    Kinda funny how SLFA didn't really get any Prospects talked about during the season, despite clearly being more of a defensive team, then offensive, but eventually you can't keep good stuff hidden forever, as they get 3 Defensive prospects picked, with McClain, Raymond and Williams..

[/quote] Oh ya, i would actually like to come back to this thead and see what we wrote about the guys that just got drafted.. Its fun, funny, and enjoyable to see all the stuff we wrote on the guys, and see if we are right about them...

Man Im getting so pissed I have the South Florida Rutgers game but Im having trouble converting the 1st quarter with the software I have to get it into MM to cut it up. I have another one that will do the job but it will have a waterwark on it. Am i being picky or should I keep trying to convert it or do u just want to see game footage of him already. I got half way through Brewers game last night and im afraid to post it because I know the guys going to be hated on after i put it up and I dont want to hear the whining

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Greg Jones 6-1 224 MLB/WLB Jones has been the most productive of all these guys by far but he doesnt have the frameor speedthat that the UNC LB's have. I do have to admit his production was SUH like this year 154 tackles 9 sacks 14.0 TFL 8 QB hurries. I think he projects as a WLB but who knows he could still grow into his body. He isalright in man and zone coverage and has competitive speed but is not fast.He could of came out this year but I think he was smart to comeback he needs the added bulk. People might not agree with me because his numbers are so good but I dont think he is as good as the numbers wouldlead U to believe.While he is alright in coverage State doesnt use him in that role as he blitzes the QB on passing downs[/quote] What do u think of your analysis of Greg Jones from last APRIL of 2010?? THi is what i mean, its cool we can see stuff like this.. U hit some things on the head, my friend, also agreeing with me on a few things though, that u dissagre with me now, about... Very cool, stuff

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Greg Jones 6-1 224 MLB/WLB Jones has been the most productive of all these guys by far but he doesnt have the frameor speedthat that the UNC LB's have. I do have to admit his production was SUH like this year 154 tackles 9 sacks 14.0 TFL 8 QB hurries. I think he projects as a WLB but who knows he could still grow into his body. He isalright in man and zone coverage and has competitive speed but is not fast.He could of came out this year but I think he was smart to comeback he needs the added bulk. People might not agree with me because his numbers are so good but I dont think he is as good as the numbers wouldlead U to believe.While he is alright in coverage State doesnt use him in that role as he blitzes the QB on passing downs[/quote] What do u think of your analysis of Greg Jones from last APRIL of 2010?? THi is what i mean, its cool we can see stuff like this.. U hit some things on the head, my friend, also agreeing with me on a few things though, that u dissagre with me now, about... Very cool, stuff
    [/quote]

U know whats funny? I criticized him in the beginning of the year him for being to small and now I criticize him for getting to stiff because of the extra weight. LOL. I may be a little harsh sometimes with these guys I should reign it in a little.Usually when I dont like a guy Im saying I dont like where there being projected.I didnt like the value in the Top 100 like his rating but I do love the pick a lot for where we got him. Now that hes a Giant Im happy about the pick.

i posted this in 2 other spots but whatever

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Greg Jones 6-1 224 MLB/WLB Jones has been the most productive of all these guys by far but he doesnt have the frameor speedthat that the UNC LB's have. I do have to admit his production was SUH like this year 154 tackles 9 sacks 14.0 TFL 8 QB hurries. I think he projects as a WLB but who knows he could still grow into his body. He isalright in man and zone coverage and has competitive speed but is not fast.He could of came out this year but I think he was smart to comeback he needs the added bulk. People might not agree with me because his numbers are so good but I dont think he is as good as the numbers wouldlead U to believe.While he is alright in coverage State doesnt use him in that role as he blitzes the QB on passing downs[/quote] What do u think of your analysis of Greg Jones from last APRIL of 2010?? THi is what i mean, its cool we can see stuff like this.. U hit some things on the head, my friend, also agreeing with me on a few things though, that u dissagre with me now, about... Very cool, stuff
    [/quote]

U know whats funny? I criticized him in the beginning of the year him for being to small and now I criticize him for getting to stiff because of the extra weight. LOL. I may be a little harsh sometimes with these guys I should reign it in a little.Usually when I dont like a guy Im saying I dont like where there being projected.I didnt like the value in the Top 100 like his rating but I do love the pick a lot for where we got him. Now that hes a Giant Im happy about the pick.

[/quote] Ya, i would of been happy with Greg Jones anywhere from 3rd round and beyond.. I just think hes gonna become a real fan favorite around here.. I think he'll move around the LB spots depending on the personel we have out there and situation, mostly settling into the middle, but none the less, moving around at times, and just making energy plays..

As for the video, one things for sure, the kids fast.. He also plays with alot of energy, and the guys who have some talent, and really enjoy playing, and are constantly showing energy, are the guys you find are involved in alot of plays.. I like that Williams pick more and more, the more i learn.. I think he'd of been going alot higher then COMP picks of RD 6, with a 2nd yr of starting, so just like anything, when you see guys that as Jr's perdicted to be say a 4th rounder, come back and play well, and become 2nd rders or 1st, you essentially are gettign that a Yr early.. I don't know if u understood that, or not??LOL Sometimes i wish i could just talk to you..lol Anyhow, with Dillard, Jones, the Williams kid, and Sintim and Tracy coming back from injury, and Goff, we do have a nice group of Young LB's to compete against eachother and try to find a solid unit, and depth... I don't think Goffs played his best football either..Were really getting some good charechter guys at LB as well...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Ya, i would of been happy with Greg Jones anywhere from 3rd round and beyond.. I just think hes gonna become a real fan favorite around here.. I think he'll move around the LB spots depending on the personel we have out there and situation, mostly settling into the middle, but none the less, moving around at times, and just making energy plays..

As for the video, one things for sure, the kids fast.. He also plays with alot of energy, and the guys who have some talent, and really enjoy playing, and are constantly showing energy, are the guys you find are involved in alot of plays.. I like that Williams pick more and more, the more i learn.. I think he'd of been going alot higher then COMP picks of RD 6, with a 2nd yr of starting, so just like anything, when you see guys that as Jr's perdicted to be say a 4th rounder, come back and play well, and become 2nd rders or 1st, you essentially are gettign that a Yr early.. I don't know if u understood that, or not??LOL Sometimes i wish i could just talk to you..lol Anyhow, with Dillard, Jones, the Williams kid, and Sintim and Tracy coming back from injury, and Goff, we do have a nice group of Young LB's to compete against eachother and try to find a solid unit, and depth... I don't think Goffs played his best football either..Were really getting some good charechter guys at LB as well...
    [/quote]

the think i like about jones is he is very instinctual.If he is even half as productive he was in college we will have a good player

[quote user="titwio"]I haven't seen any1 discuss this yet but...with the Cowboys looking most likely looking OL in the first....What if Prince slides down to 19....

Does any1 think the he will be the pick at 19....I have a feeling there may def be some good BPA's available...

But If Prince is there will Giants take him....?[/quote] Ys Titwio, i think the Gmen will definetly take Prince if he slips down to em at 19overall....LOL Good call, getting this out there on the 7th of April....

[/quote]

[/quote]

the think i like about jones is he is very instinctual.If he is even half as productive he was in college we will have a good player

[/quote] Do u think as a Group, were starting to assemble a nice group of LB's, overall? Dillard is kinda not talked about, but was hurt last yr, and has a yr learning under his belt now, and he could end up being a decent player.. I was one of the few that didn't mind the pick last yr...
    Dillard is another guy that i think will end up solitifying our ST unit, as we look better and better with our personel in that area, and also , has solid speed for the positon, and like Jones, is versatile enough, where if Goff wins the MLB job for the next couple yrs, we should be able to still get these guys on the field some... I'm looking forward to seeing Dillard healthy for a stretch, and seeing what he learned in a yr... Also, Tracy showed some promise, and u know i liked him alot, so i'm exctied to see if he can make a impression.. Anyway, enough rambeling, are u starting to like the LB group were putting together?