+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 562 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 5613
    Veteran

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Welp after a crazy WIN VS ARIZONA its now time for me to do my weekly mock based on where i believe were picking Checking on the teams that lost behind us(we were picking 24th going into this game) 2have lost and Tampa has to play So my mock is us PICKING 26TH OVERALL

(26th overall)

1 Dwayne Allen TE Clemson- There might be other value positon wise but ALLEN is a special TE that does it all and would really make our offense potent and complete I have completly fallen for Dwayne Allen He won't be there for us in RD 2 if we wait till after RD 1 because of how late were picking as of right now(26th in each rd)

2 Andre Branch DE Clemson- We double dip from Clemson this week I have liked Branch for awhile as hes very active with a JPP type motor and he wraps up well and has a athletic build built for pass rushing with obvious speed He had a ridiculous game tearing up Va Tech and just had me drewling! We could use another DE with OSI getting old and contract issues and Tuck all though not old is not young either

3 Keith Tandy CB WVirginia- I like tandy alot Hes very strong and active in the run and can probably roam around as a Safety with his size and solid speed as well Tandy has solid ball skills and is underrated in my opinion

4 Ryan Lindley QB S Diego St- If Lindley drops to Round 4 I think we take a chance on him based on us not having any young legit talent and this kids got a good pocket pass Size on him with a strong arm and has a nice easy looking release I actually think hes got a chance to be matt shaub like and eventually be pretty darn good

5 moe petrus C UCONN- This guys versatile having expierence at G and C playing C the last 2yrs and has done really well and i think will be FIRST TEAm ALL BIG EAST this yr SOlid strength and Solid size We could use a C and possibly put Baas back to Guard or Petrus can battle our own Petrus for playing time at G LOL

6 marc tyler RB USC- I like this kids raw power He could be a big steal down here We may draft another burly beast RB just because of BJ getting older and a bit slower by the yr and Tyler has the talent and size to be good if given a shot

7 Sean Cattouse S Cal- Solid player for depth if he can make team[/quote]

Just thought of a nother nit to pick []

Needs an athletic freak from USF []

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="NCGiant23"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="NCGiant23"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Welp after a crazy WIN VS ARIZONA its now time for me to do my weekly mock based on where i believe were picking Checking on the teams that lost behind us(we were picking 24th going into this game) 2have lost and Tampa has to play So my mock is us PICKING 26TH OVERALL

(26th overall)

1 Dwayne Allen TE Clemson- There might be other value positon wise but ALLEN is a special TE that does it all and would really make our offense potent and complete I have completly fallen for Dwayne Allen He won't be there for us in RD 2 if we wait till after RD 1 because of how late were picking as of right now(26th in each rd)

2 Andre Branch DE Clemson- We double dip from Clemson this week I have liked Branch for awhile as hes very active with a JPP type motor and he wraps up well and has a athletic build built for pass rushing with obvious speed He had a ridiculous game tearing up Va Tech and just had me drewling! We could use another DE with OSI getting old and contract issues and Tuck all though not old is not young either

3 Keith Tandy CB WVirginia- I like tandy alot Hes very strong and active in the run and can probably roam around as a Safety with his size and solid speed as well Tandy has solid ball skills and is underrated in my opinion

4 Ryan Lindley QB S Diego St- If Lindley drops to Round 4 I think we take a chance on him based on us not having any young legit talent and this kids got a good pocket pass Size on him with a strong arm and has a nice easy looking release I actually think hes got a chance to be matt shaub like and eventually be pretty darn good

5 moe petrus C UCONN- This guys versatile having expierence at G and C playing C the last 2yrs and has done really well and i think will be FIRST TEAm ALL BIG EAST this yr SOlid strength and Solid size We could use a C and possibly put Baas back to Guard or Petrus can battle our own Petrus for playing time at G LOL

6 marc tyler RB USC- I like this kids raw power He could be a big steal down here We may draft another burly beast RB just because of BJ getting older and a bit slower by the yr and Tyler has the talent and size to be good if given a shot

7 Sean Cattouse S Cal- Solid player for depth if he can make team[/quote]As much as I love Clemson and I'd love to see the Giants finally start to take them, I don't know that I like drafting Allen and Branch with our first 2 picks. There's no question that Allen is a talent. The guy has fantastic hands and can create space. That said he's primarily a receiving TE, and is not good at blocking. I view him more as a square peg in a round hole in the Giants offense. Is he a playmaker? Sure. The problem is we don't use our TE's in that fashion. Our TE's are there to block first and catch second. That said, he also has some character issues that I hesitate with. Every play could be designed to go to him, and it wouldn't be enough. He's a diva just waiting to happen.

Branch is a guy who has really surprsed us this year. He's a guy who we always knew had talent, but he was buried on the depth chart and is finally getting his chance to shine. Not only does Branch have talent, but every single play he goes out there wanting to rip someone's head off. The guy is just mean in a very good way. I think the Giants could absolutely use him, but we have much greater needs (that and he may not be around in rd 2 if he keeps playing like he's been playing).[/quote] I haven't heard anything about Charechter Concerns with Dwayne Allen I'll have to look into that I have heard hes a good blocker and from what i've seen i have to agree I haven't really seen him get overpowered in the Run Game and from what i heard hes the most complete TE in this draft I just love em and picking in Late 1st like my mock has us doing I don't think u can go wrong with getting the best all around at any position especially one as big a need as TE

I agree that BRANCH may get his stock beyond 2nd round if he keeps playing like he has but this mock is for today and not tommorow LOL As far as Branch Being a need u gotta remember we don't know whats gonna happen with OSI and Tuck is not old but not young and behind them is only Dave Tollefson who had a great game yesterday but we don't know if he'll be back or what will happen We could certainly use another DE
    [/quote]I've been watching Allen since he was in high school. As I said, the guy is a playmaker. That said, his FR and SO years certainly left much to be desired in the blocking game. This year (new offense), his primary role is a receiving TE which perfectly fits his skill set. If the Giants drafted him and adjusted the offense to make TE a primary receiving option I'd be all for taking him. The character concerns are attitude related and not trouble making. Let's just say he thinks very highly of himself (which isn't always a bad thing, but it can be in certain instances).

I agree we don't know what's going to happen with Osi yet, but even if he leaves I'm comfortable with JPP and Tuck. I'd argue we have much greatert needs on OL and LB. Again, don't get me wrong, I think very highly of Branch. I remember when he committed, Rivals had him as a 2 star and everyone who knew anything knew it was a joke of a ranking. He's having a tremendous year so far, and is receiving some real good coaching. Against VT he used a speed rush on one of his sacks, and on the next one he began
    with a speed and then changed his level to get low for a rip. It
    wasn't that he was just going to rip through the LT that caught my eye,
    it was the fact that he got skinny by turning his shoulders as he
    changed his level. He made it difficult for the LT, giving him a smaller
    area to engage, and it caused the LT to turn his shoulders and shorten
    the corner. In years past, he was nothing but a speed rusher, and would often take himself out of plays. I think he's really matured as a player and it couldn't have come at a better time.
    [/quote] well players do get better as they go through college If they didn't then i'd worry lol I dissagree about DE though To me its a need because a team like the GIANTS needs more then 2 DE's to begin with and Tuck has been getting nicked up and injured on and of more and more lately and u see how quick a positon of non need can become a massive need all the time in the NFL(see GIANTS CB situation) The giants like having tons of pass rushers and i think Branch would fill in perfectly to what OSI gives us and JPP could slide into Tucks spot eventually fulltime or if and when hes out and while hes in there playing u can just use branch as a breather for either one as u see Tollefson do now or slide Tuck inside to DT and have your Pass Rush Terror formation with all 3(tuck/jpp/branch) all out there at the same time The 2positons the giants need to keep fully stocked is DT and DE That is how this team is run plain and simple

Of course it probably isn't the biggest area of need but Reese likes taking BPA and if your getting BRANCH in late RD 2(to be honest there is little chance of that) then hes probably the BPA Guard is another area we could go in RD 2 A guy like Kevin Zeitler comes to mind Also RT could be a move we make all though i think Brewer will eventually go the way of RT instead of LT as the GIANTS have said he'll be I think BEATTY is coming along and we'll eventually put BREWER over at RT if he pans out and i really liked BREWER coming out so i think he will
    [/quote]

Hey man, just thought you might like to hear something Dwayne Allen said today to Tigerillustrated:

-- Said the route he ran on the touchdown pass
    Saturday night was not planned. Said it was drawn up for him to go
    outside, but the safety came over and prevented that. Allen broke it
    inside and said he wasn't expecting to see the ball hurtling toward him
    when he turned around.

--Said a big part of his success this season is
    attributed to greatly improved flexibility. That was a big part of his
    focus during the offseason. He did P-90 X and some other stuff to become
    more flexible.

We'll have plenty more from Allen later this week.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Welp after a crazy WIN VS ARIZONA its now time for me to do my weekly mock based on where i believe were picking Checking on the teams that lost behind us(we were picking 24th going into this game) 2have lost and Tampa has to play So my mock is us PICKING 26TH OVERALL

(26th overall)

Just thought of a nother nit to pick []

Needs an athletic freak from USF []
    [/quote]

I think NFL teams are going to show up to USFs pro day this year in droves. They are becoming a strong program and an NFL feeder.

Its gonna get harder and harder to find the Jaquan Williams out of USF in the future.

Lamichael James injured his elbow in the 4th quarter againstCAL last night .Probably will miss a few games. Dont really understand why James was out there up 37-15 and with 30 carries for 239 yards under his belt but to each his own I guess.

nycsportzfan...another quote from Dwayne Allen. Looks like he's trying to get those character issues I mentioned behind him.

* “Leadership is
    important. I think guys respect me because they've seen where I've come
    from as the troublemaker on the team. I was a high-maintenance player
    two years ago. We joke about Mike Bellamy
    being a high maintenance player now. I was definitely the Mike Bellamy
    here two years ago. It's a maturation process and guys appreciate how
    hard I've worked to make this transformation into the man that I am.
    When I speak, they listen.”

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Welp after a crazy WIN VS ARIZONA its now time for me to do my weekly mock based on where i believe were picking Checking on the teams that lost behind us(we were picking 24th going into this game) 2have lost and Tampa has to play So my mock is us PICKING 26TH OVERALL

(26th overall)

1. LOVE it! i doubt we go that route but damn i would be ecstatic about it since he is a guy i fell in love with last season.

2. Great DE and if osi is truly on his way out i would be all for it. Personally i would like a true center like a Konz but if branch is the pick you cant complain.

3. like tandy but not in giants mold. seems like if they are not 6'+ they arent drafted by us. I could maybe see xavier rhodes or Donnie fletcher here if we go CB.Id really love it if Robert griffin was available here to groom behind eli but personally i dont think he makes it out of the 2nd

4. Great kid. I really hope we take a QB in this draft and not in the 6th or 7th. you know who i want but if we got this kid i wouldnt be at all upset. Kellen moore is another kid i would like if we went QB here. personally id like ty hilton here. if manningham doesnt step it up he might leave because we arent gonna give him big FA money. so that leave us with cruz,nicks, and jernigan which we have seen zip from.

5.not bad but i think we need to address the oline and in particular a TRUE center earlier than this. if we go oline i wouldnt mind some OT depth like a jeremiah sirles or a don barclay.

6. if he makes it that far...steal

7.i want a KICKER

Wanted to check something but yes NY Giants scouts will be at the Oregon State vs Arizona game this weekened. Hopefully they arent looking at anyone from Zonas D because they suck

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Wanted to check something but yes NY Giants scouts will be at the Oregon State vs Arizona game this weekened. Hopefully they arent looking at anyone from Zonas D because they suck

[/quote] All i know is Kellen moore is freaking insane! Some of the throws this guys making against Fresno St are just incredible NFL type throws! Hes putting ball so disgustingly accurately on the money its all most scary! And hes showing zip as well This guy can flat out play!

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Welp after a crazy WIN VS ARIZONA its now time for me to do my weekly mock based on where i believe were picking Checking on the teams that lost behind us(we were picking 24th going into this game) 2have lost and Tampa has to play So my mock is us PICKING 26TH OVERALL

(26th overall)

1. LOVE it! i doubt we go that route but damn i would be ecstatic about it since he is a guy i fell in love with last season.

2. Great DE and if osi is truly on his way out i would be all for it. Personally i would like a true center like a Konz but if branch is the pick you cant complain.

3. like tandy but not in giants mold. seems like if they are not 6'+ they arent drafted by us. I could maybe see xavier rhodes or Donnie fletcher here if we go CB.Id really love it if Robert griffin was available here to groom behind eli but personally i dont think he makes it out of the 2nd

4. Great kid. I really hope we take a QB in this draft and not in the 6th or 7th. you know who i want but if we got this kid i wouldnt be at all upset. Kellen moore is another kid i would like if we went QB here. personally id like ty hilton here. if manningham doesnt step it up he might leave because we arent gonna give him big FA money. so that leave us with cruz,nicks, and jernigan which we have seen zip from.

5.not bad but i think we need to address the oline and in particular a TRUE center earlier than this. if we go oline i wouldnt mind some OT depth like a jeremiah sirles or a don barclay.

7.i want a KICKER
    [/quote] I actually think Tandy has enough of a thick body(still pretty solid speed) that the GIANTS would not mind the inch or so in height I think we would be able to use Tandy in diffrent ways outside of just CB(blitzing and possibly some Safety and Nickel) and he is pretty darn talented I also Like Kellen moore and woulden't mind him being the pick in RD 4-5 area I would have no problem going OLINE earlier then the Petrus pick I love Webster and i love Zeitler as 2guys who can help the interior of that Oline I really like James Brewer and regardless of what hte Giants say i could see him as our RT of the future and not LT

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Welp after a crazy WIN VS ARIZONA its now time for me to do my weekly mock based on where i believe were picking Checking on the teams that lost behind us(we were picking 24th going into this game) 2have lost and Tampa has to play So my mock is us PICKING 26TH OVERALL

(26th overall)

7.i want a KICKER
    [/quote] I actually think Tandy has enough of a thick body(still pretty solid speed) that the GIANTS would not mind the inch or so in height I think we would be able to use Tandy in diffrent ways outside of just CB(blitzing and possibly some Safety and Nickel) and he is pretty darn talented I also Like Kellen moore and woulden't mind him being the pick in RD 4-5 area I would have no problem going OLINE earlier then the Petrus pick I love Webster and i love Zeitler as 2guys who can help the interior of that Oline I really like James Brewer and regardless of what hte Giants say i could see him as our RT of the future and not LT
    [/quote]i like brewer too but who's behind him? thats why i went OT there. Gurd we are pretty solid at even if diehl leaves..