+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 562 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

Like it but do you think they'll take a center in the first? Highly doubt it but would love if they did. Rest is good and you know how I feel about fleener

[quote user="thegreatone"]Like it but do you think they'll take a center in the first? Highly doubt it but would love if they did. Rest is good and you know how I feel about fleener[/quote] Ya i think it'll be all Most a no question pick if we continue to have the ridiculous o'line prob's that were having There probably won't be a Tackle to take there that the value is right with so i think the next best thing is getting a stud C and Moving Baas to Guard

Beatty Baas Webster Snee Brewer Future Oline

I don't watch too much college ball (lack of time) but I've grown very interested in mock drafts and what players we could possibly get in the future. With that said, here's a scenario where we trade Osi to the Patriots for Stevan Ridley (RB) and their 3rd round pick. I just don't think we will make cap space for him when we're fine at the pass-rush position and need help in other spots. Plus, this frees up cap room anyway.

1. Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB FSU - A phenomanal pass rusher from FSU. Jenkins is almost the same exact height and weight as Osi. The Giants love to add more talent at this position and he could give JPP and Tuck breaks during his rookie season. Long term, the ideal setup would be Jenkins at RE and JPP at LE.

2. Peter Konz C Wisconsin - So far, the O-line needs to be retooled big time. The biggest offender would have to be David Diehl, who apparently lost the tread on his tires last year. Konz is a decent-sized center that could be here for 10 years. Ideally, Konz would take over at Center while Baas would move to Left Guard.

3. Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College - The Giants like their cornerbacks big and able to play the run. Also, Fletcher is from BC and we know that the Giants have connections there. Ross is in a contract year and has had an up and down career and TT has suffered an ACL. Even though the Giants picked up Prince, they need more depth at CB.

3. Coby Fleener TE Stanford - Even if Ballard does have a good season, there's room for improvement still at the position. Beckum and Pascoe both haven't amounted to much.

4. Kenny Tate SS Maryland - A 6'4 220lb strong safety, gives the Giants another versatile defensive player who could gain weight and play linebacker at the NFL level or trim down and play safety.

5. Marc Tyler RB USC - A smaller type of power back, Tyler would be the replacement for Brandon Jacobs. A future trio of Ridley, Scott, and Tyler could be a scary three-headed monster for defenses to deal with.

6. Damarlo Belcher WR Indiana - The Plax replacement experiment with Barden has failed thus far due to the fact he can't get on the damn field. Belcher would be an excellent red-zone target for Eli with his 6'5 height.

7. Chandler Harnish QB Northern Illinois - A developmental QB who would be a good 3rd string QB behind Eli and Carr. An experienced QB who can also be a running threat, he's worth a look.

I got a couple vids coming this week of some under the radar edge rushers. Sean Porter Texas A&M an OLB prospect and Illinois DE Whitney Mercilus.Im not happy with the consensus to p guys this year they just arent doing it for me. Vinny Curry is really the only one that has consistently looked good.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I don't watch too much college ball (lack of time) but I've grown very interested in mock drafts and what players we could possibly get in the future. With that said, here's a scenario where we trade Osi to the Patriots for Stevan Ridley (RB) and their 3rd round pick. I just don't think we will make cap space for him when we're fine at the pass-rush position and need help in other spots. Plus, this frees up cap room anyway.

1. Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB FSU - A phenomanal pass rusher from FSU. Jenkins is almost the same exact height and weight as Osi. The Giants love to add more talent at this position and he could give JPP and Tuck breaks during his rookie season. Long term, the ideal setup would be Jenkins at RE and JPP at LE.

2. Peter Konz C Wisconsin - So far, the O-line needs to be retooled big time. The biggest offender would have to be David Diehl, who apparently lost the tread on his tires last year. Konz is a decent-sized center that could be here for 10 years. Ideally, Konz would take over at Center while Baas would move to Left Guard.

3. Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College - The Giants like their cornerbacks big and able to play the run. Also, Fletcher is from BC and we know that the Giants have connections there. Ross is in a contract year and has had an up and down career and TT has suffered an ACL. Even though the Giants picked up Prince, they need more depth at CB.

3. Coby Fleener TE Stanford - Even if Ballard does have a good season, there's room for improvement still at the position. Beckum and Pascoe both haven't amounted to much.

4. Kenny Tate SS Maryland - A 6'4 220lb strong safety, gives the Giants another versatile defensive player who could gain weight and play linebacker at the NFL level or trim down and play safety.

5. Marc Tyler RB USC - A smaller type of power back, Tyler would be the replacement for Brandon Jacobs. A future trio of Ridley, Scott, and Tyler could be a scary three-headed monster for defenses to deal with.

6. Damarlo Belcher WR Indiana - The Plax replacement experiment with Barden has failed thus far due to the fact he can't get on the damn field. Belcher would be an excellent red-zone target for Eli with his 6'5 height.

7. Chandler Harnish QB Northern Illinois - A developmental QB who would be a good 3rd string QB behind Eli and Carr. An experienced QB who can also be a running threat, he's worth a look.[/quote] i like it. would rathe a cb or dt in the first if no oline is there but cant hate on this mock

wooow garcia booted from sc

[quote user="thegreatone"]wooow garcia booted from sc
    [/quote]

ya, kinda unbelievable. This kid is following the Randy Moss college experience.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="thegreatone"]wooow garcia booted from sc
    [/quote]

ya, kinda unbelievable. This kid is following the Randy Moss college experience.
    [/quote]after reading on him it really wasnt that unbelievable, just shocking. guy has some alcohol demons, still feel bad for the guy though.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="thegreatone"]wooow garcia booted from sc
    [/quote]

[/quote]after reading on him it really wasnt that unbelievable, just shocking. guy has some alcohol demons, still feel bad for the guy though.
    [/quote]

I dont feel sorry for anyone who was given 5 chances. I hope he turns himself around I wish him no ill. But I dont feel sorry for him.

I was at FL State when Randy Moss was kicked out. I played basketball with him on more than a few occasions. I can honestly say that I have never seen an athlete like him. I can also say that what he did to get kicked out was WAY beyond stupid. Only a snippet of it was ever released to the public.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for people who keep getting chances only to throw them away. The ones I feel for are the ones who never get chances.

Jared Crick out for the Yr That may sting the guys Draft stock