+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 562 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Bernard Pierce RB Temple who Redeye will tell u i said could be the best RB in the country last yr is just having a sensational season! This guys so the real deal! He has 17TD's rushing all ready! He litteraly was TEmPLES offense yesterday in a drubbing of U BUFF 37-0
    [/quote]

I watched a temple game a few weeks back(not easy to get where I am) just because of this kid. He sure is a graceful runner and sure makes it hard to get a clean hit on him. I did see him swing it wide a couple times when the play didnt call for it, but it didnt seem like it was too ingraned of a bad habbit. He has a nasty side step cutback move that can make defenders look stupid. He also knews when to just get low and drive and get what he can. I liked what I saw. I also thought he was 1 of those gus that just looked like the fastest guy on the field when he got in space. I hope thats not a by product of his competition. I wish I could get more of their games cause he was worth watching.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Bernard Pierce RB Temple who Redeye will tell u i said could be the best RB in the country last yr is just having a sensational season! This guys so the real deal! He has 17TD's rushing all ready! He litteraly was TEmPLES offense yesterday in a drubbing of U BUFF 37-0
    [/quote]

I watched a temple game a few weeks back(not easy to get where I am) just because of this kid. He sure is a graceful runner and sure makes it hard to get a clean hit on him. I did see him swing it wide a couple times when the play didnt call for it, but it didnt seem like it was too ingraned of a bad habbit. He has a nasty side step cutback move that can make defenders look stupid. He also knews when to just get low and drive and get what he can. I liked what I saw. I also thought he was 1 of those gus that just looked like the fastest guy on the field when he got in space. I hope thats not a by product of his competition. I wish I could get more of their games cause he was worth watching.
    [/quote] Yeah competition has something to do with it but then U have to take into account he doesnt have an elite Oline either.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Bernard Pierce RB Temple who Redeye will tell u i said could be the best RB in the country last yr is just having a sensational season! This guys so the real deal! He has 17TD's rushing all ready! He litteraly was TEmPLES offense yesterday in a drubbing of U BUFF 37-0
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Bernard Pierce vs Maryland 2011

is this the one

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Ok its mock time! With the WIN over BUFFALO i have us going from pick 22 to Pick 25 So this mock is us picking 25th overall in the 2012 draft(changes come also from things we find out in our play on the field wk to wk as well)

1 Luke Kuechly ILB BC- I think Kuechly could add the missing ingriedient to this LB core with his aggresive style and non stop motor and with Goff's injury its not a bad idea and if Kuechly is here at pick 25 its solid value

2 Chris Polk RB Washington- Jacobs days are numbered and we could use a bruiser with solid speed like Polk to team with Bradshaw going forward Polk is a load!

3 Kendall Reyes DT UCONN- If u don't know Reyes u should really start to! The guys having a fantastic season and with austin going to not played in 2yrs by the time he returns and Canty another yr older we gotta grab another stout DT for the rotation and possibly more down the road Reyes Can get to the QB and has a nice long reach he should be able to use batting balls and wrapping up rb's

4 William Vlachos C Bama- A very good C prospect who could either play behind Baas or kick Baas over to G I like Vlachos alot and think theres not a ton seperating him from guys like Pete Konz and Ben Jones The usually consensus 2-3 C's in this yrs draft behind Webster

5 Trumaine Johnson CB/S montana- my small school Gem for this yr goes to Johnson as hes got great size/speed combonation and can make plays and also Return Kicks if need be Hes a former WR Hes on teams Radars thats for sure This guy has a chance to be a steal

6 Chandler Harnish QB No Illinois- Can do it with feet and Arm Puts up bigtime numbers and is still doing it after losing guys like chad spann to the NFL A very fun kid to watch play No Illinois has been a huge point scoring team since Harnish took over

7 Jarett Boykin WR Va Tech- A solidly built (listed 6ft 2inc 222lb) big play WR would can make the tough grab and has been the "guy" at WR for Va tech for a few yrs now So deep at WR guys like Boykin should slip right through the cracks and we could use a guy for depth if we lose mario and with getting Jerrnigan last yr and Bardens injury problems it makes some sense to get a Bigger Bodied WR if possible

There is this Weeks mock!
    [/quote]

1.Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame: Kinda depends on how jones finishes out the season and also idk if fewell even like lbr's in his defense lol. This kid is an amazing talent and even though it seems we struck late draft gold with our lb'rs this kid could be a day 1 starter.(another possibleT alameda ta'amu )

2.Jayron Hoseley CB Virginia Tech: Webster is hit or miss, TT will be coming off a major injury and while ross has been outstanding so far it is a contract year and with how FO's have to spend their money now he might get offered more money thatn we are able to spend. That'll leave prince and hosely, while not in the giants mold, is a great CB. (AP:FS Robert Lester)

3. Ben Jones C Georgia: Need to upgrade this oline. If koets can come back strong maybe this isnt as glaring a need but our oline must also continue to gell. personally i just dont like our depth.(AP:kendall Wright WR)

4.Antonio Allen SS South Carolina: Biggest Weakness has been our secondary and i think safety play has a lot to do with it. Grant has fallen way off this year, rolle is hit or miss and while KP has seemed to steadily get better he still hasnt "broke out" and we have sash who i have high hopes for.(AP:Amini Silatolu OG)

5.Lance Lewis WR ECU : guy is a great reciever that could either add depth or be our slot guy if MM leaves.(AP:Keith Tandy CB WVU)

6.Mark Tyler RB USC : like your idea of adding another bruiser(APerek Wolfe DT CIN)

7. Tydreke Powell DT UNC : Need help upfront.(AP: a good QB?)

i think this is a possible scenario and not exactly who i'd pick.

Hey Sportzfan werent we told Sean Lee wasnt going to be good in the NFL. He looks pretty good to me

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Hey Sportzfan werent we told Sean Lee wasnt going to be good in the NFL. He looks pretty good to me[/quote]i dont remember anyone saying he wouldnt be good. i do remember a lot of people questioning his durability. just think by the end of the year when we play or maybe next year they'll have bruce carter in there as well. ware,lee,carter...damn

All-Pro

[quote user="lawl"]Knile Davis. What round will this guy probably get drafted in?[/quote]

Gonna bump.

Was this kid supposed to go in the 1st round this year if he didnt get injured?

I've read 1st round and I've read 3rd round.

Pretty big difference

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Hey Sportzfan werent we told Sean Lee wasnt going to be good in the NFL. He looks pretty good to me[/quote]

I dont remember nearly as much of a negative reaction about Lee as I did about Poz. I do remember liking Lee more for a 34 than a 43 though, which got a few people mad at me.

I never thought much of Poz who was quite popular on these boards.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Hey Sportzfan werent we told Sean Lee wasnt going to be good in the NFL. He looks pretty good to me[/quote]

I dont remember nearly as much of a negative reaction about Lee as I did about Poz. I do remember liking Lee more for a 34 than a 43 though, which got a few people mad at me.

[/quote] Its becasue of Poz that Lee got negative attention LOL People tend to get bad wraps if that positon from that school(like TEXAS and Safetys before my boy Earl thomas put a end to that!) has a few duds in a row I never think like that but quite a few did I actually said of LEE like i did Chad Jones "they remind me of giants draft picks" Obviously we drafted JONES but LEE has that Giant Feel to him as well Anyhow LB's outta Penn St seem to get a bum wrap but hopefully LEE will change that perception

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Hey Sportzfan werent we told Sean Lee wasnt going to be good in the NFL. He looks pretty good to me[/quote]

[/quote] Its becasue of Poz that Lee got negative attention LOL People tend to get bad wraps if that positon from that school(like TEXAS and Safetys before my boy Earl thomas put a end to that!) has a few duds in a row I never think like that but quite a few did I actually said of LEE like i did Chad Jones "they remind me of giants draft picks" Obviously we drafted JONES but LEE has that Giant Feel to him as well Anyhow LB's outta Penn St seem to get a bum wrap but hopefully LEE will change that perception
    [/quote]
    ehh i dunno. I agree with everything your saying up until you say PSU Lbs get a bum wrap. If anything I think its the opposite.