+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 562 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

WesBunting Wesley Bunting

Doug Martin RB Boise State is very similar prospect to #Alabama Rb Mark Ingram...

Is this guy serious I like Martin but come on
    [/quote]i'm telling ya, the way Martin looks out there, it reminds me alot of Ray Rice.. Hes really good! I'm with Wes as far as i think Doug is a guy who looks like, if given a legit chance, a guy who could be every bit as good as the best backs in the league.. Hes the complete package..
    [/quote]There the same size but I disagree there similar level prospects. Ingram was the best back in his class. I do like Martin but I think he goes in the third round

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Kawaan Short DT Purdue is really impressive.. Hes not making "bigplays" today but certainly a huge part at stopping that Illinois rush attack so far..
    [/quote]Good I will download that game. I need some 2011 footage of Short.Keep letting me know when u see games when guys play real well or real bad[/quote] Ya, he got 2sacks after i made the original post about him.. Short had a masterpiece of a game.. I will also, most definetly mention guys like Short to u, as i always do anyways.. I love that i have guys like you to talk draft with! Seriously, thanks to U, Greatone, Santa, and others that i have been talking draft with now for a few yrs...
    [/quote] The only thing thats sux is I only have one Short vid up and its against illinois from 2010. He had 2 sacks in that one as well

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

WesBunting Wesley Bunting

Doug Martin RB Boise State is very similar prospect to #Alabama Rb Mark Ingram...

Is this guy serious I like Martin but come on
    [/quote]i'm telling ya, the way Martin looks out there, it reminds me alot of Ray Rice.. Hes really good! I'm with Wes as far as i think Doug is a guy who looks like, if given a legit chance, a guy who could be every bit as good as the best backs in the league.. Hes the complete package..
    [/quote]There the same size but I disagree there similar level prospects. Ingram was the best back in his class. I do like Martin but I think he goes in the third round[/quote]ya, as far as round, i coulden't picture Martin getting up any higher then the 2nd round.. THe only backs i could see over the months making a push for a 1st round bid are possibly Chris Polk, Lamar Miller, and possibly bernard pierce(all though doubtful).. I could see Martin go in the 2nd round ala Shane Vereen last yr though.. Martin had another outstanding game as a Lead Horse back getting like 26carries 126yrds 1td 1catch 1td(don't quote me on the numbers, but something like that)..

Texas Tech about to take out Oklahoma it looks like.. Wow! I'm gonna have to change up my "dream" matchups(top 3) for end of the season champ game(purely fantasy, matchups that u would want, and only based on that)..

Right now, i'd say any of these 3 matchups would just be really fun and neat to see..

Boise St VS L.S.U (wow, if Boise pulled this one off, watch out!)
    Stanford VS Clemson( this would be some serious fun as well!)
    L.S.U VS Stanford(again, what fun!)

Hon mention- Oklahoma St VS Oregon(a very explosive game, that would be fun to check out)

Hey, what do u guys think of Va Techs QB Logan Thomas? 6ft 6inch 254lb beat that can beat u with his Arm or Legs... Dudes a unit! I like his game alot, but i wonder how he projects as a NFL prospect.. God, i love football!

Anyone catch what possible developmental prospect Dominique Davis did for E.Carolina today? Dude completed 26straight passes at one point!!! He went 40-45 on the day in a close WIN against Navy..

Case Keenum threw 6td's and 0picks against whoever Houston smashed..

Hey Redeye! I know your a mesaurables guy, so if u had to chose a QB outta Kellen Moore/ Russell Wilson or Case Keenum for the GIANTS to draft in a later round, who would it be??? I would personally take Kellen Moore...

Montee ball please

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Hey, what do u guys think of Va Techs QB Logan Thomas? 6ft 6inch 254lb beat that can beat u with his Arm or Legs... Dudes a unit! I like his game alot, but i wonder how he projects as a NFL prospect.. God, i love football!

Anyone catch what possible developmental prospect Dominique Davis did for E.Carolina today? Dude completed 26straight passes at one point!!! He went 40-45 on the day in a close WIN against Navy..

Hey Redeye! I know your a mesaurables guy, so if u had to chose a QB outta Kellen Moore/ Russell Wilson or Case Keenum for the GIANTS to draft in a later round, who would it be??? I would personally take Kellen Moore...
    [/quote]

There are some things to really like about him.

1) Obviously as you mentioned, he has measurables.
    2) A decently quick release with good arm strength. He can throw touch passes as well.
    3) He seems to be a fast learner. He has improved a bunch since week 1, maybe the most in college football.
    4) He is athletic, this can be bad though(I'll explain in the negatives.)

The things I dont like:
    1) His footwork need work. He throws flat footed in the pocket sometimes and seems more comfortable on the move.
    2) His athleticism works against him at times. By that, I mean he sometimes plays like a RB too much. He lowers his shoulder and takes on tackles like a power back. Its gonna get him killed in the NFL.
    3) This is hard to say because I run the risk of upsetting VT fans but, the program is a terrible program for developing QBs. I dont mean it as an insult, Beamer is an amazing coach. But, he uses a 2 option 1 read system. Its like a kindergarden Qb class. There is a reason they have a history of producingy great NFL players at certain positions but never QBs. Or at least Qbs that translate well in to the NFL. The only guy who I would say has become a star player in the NFL at the QB position from VT is Mike Vick, and he took a long time to develop and always has unbelievable athleticism to fall back on. Logan is good athlete, but he is no Michael Vick. Because someone comes from VT doesnt mean they cant play in the NFL at QB, but it does make to harder to truly evaluate the reading skills and timing throws because they dont use timing throws and its a very basic read system.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Hey, what do u guys think of Va Techs QB Logan Thomas? 6ft 6inch 254lb beat that can beat u with his Arm or Legs... Dudes a unit! I like his game alot, but i wonder how he projects as a NFL prospect.. God, i love football!

[/quote]

There are some things to really like about him.

1) Obviously as you mentioned, he has measurables.
    2) A decently quick release with good arm strength. He can throw touch passes as well.
    3) He seems to be a fast learner. He has improved a bunch since week 1, maybe the most in college football.
    4) He is athletic, this can be bad though(I'll explain in the negatives.)

The things I dont like:
    1) His footwork need work. He throws flat footed in the pocket sometimes and seems more comfortable on the move.
    2) His athleticism works against him at times. By that, I mean he sometimes plays like a RB too much. He lowers his shoulder and takes on tackles like a power back. Its gonna get him killed in the NFL.
    3) This is hard to say because I run the risk of upsetting VT fans but, the program is a terrible program for developing QBs. I dont mean it as an insult, Beamer is an amazing coach. But, he uses a 2 option 1 read system. Its like a kindergarden Qb class. There is a reason they have a history of producingy great NFL players at certain positions but never QBs. Or at least Qbs that translate well in to the NFL. The only guy who I would say has become a star player in the NFL at the QB position from VT is Mike Vick, and he took a long time to develop and always has unbelievable athleticism to fall back on. Logan is good athlete, but he is no Michael Vick. Because someone comes from VT doesnt mean they cant play in the NFL at QB, but it does make to harder to truly evaluate the reading skills and timing throws because they dont use timing throws and its a very basic read system.

[/quote]Good Analysis! One thing for Thomas, is hes only what, a sophmore? And as u said, his improvement is ridiculous all ready... Va Techs had alot of qb';s that really were never that good even on the college ranks, as far as thought of higly going into the Draft anyways.. They've always been a Defensive, run on offense driven team.. But, i will not hold anything agaisnt Thomas, because hes got not only the measurables, but the running and throwing abilitys, and hes still young, va tech has seemed to have one or the other for the most part dating back to 1990, and now they got a complete package... I have a feeling when said and done, Thomas is gonna be a pretty high draft pick...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Hey, what do u guys think of Va Techs QB Logan Thomas? 6ft 6inch 254lb beat that can beat u with his Arm or Legs... Dudes a unit! I like his game alot, but i wonder how he projects as a NFL prospect.. God, i love football!

[/quote]yeah i mentioned him in week 1. dude was running to his left and made a sideline throw on a rope that was just amazing. he has struggled some but this kid has A LOT of potential and imo will be a premier QB down the line.

i watched the ecu game and he played amazingly but im just not that high on him. He makkes some dumb mistakes sometimes and looks like he relies on lewis a little too much.

shout out to my boy webster who had 6 catches for 81 yards. kid is a true freshman and is gonna be a baller

im always wary of houston qb's. history has not been kind to them.

[quote user="thegreatone"]anybody see the throw the VT QB made running to his left? kids got an arm
    [/quote]yeah week 1.