+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 562 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 5613

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Thinking about the Heisman Trophy, i don't know how Brandon Weeden dosen't get more love.. Oklahoma St is ranked 3rd n the country, and the guys had a fabulous season, going 36-46 5td against K-state today, and hes got like 27td 9int on the season with a super high comp pct... In my opinion, Brandon Weeden should be the Heisman...
    [/quote]His age man he is to old.

Cant wait for LSU Arkansas.The best receiving corp vs the best secondary.Arkansas could really muck things up if they can upset LSU

[/quote]If hes not to old to play college football, then hes not to old to WIN the heisman... If he was to old, they woulden't let him even play college football, hes just as eligible as the next guy.. If the Heisman was more like MLB's mvp award, i think Weeden wins hands down, because of what he means to his team, with basically no defense and totally just running to the number 3overall in the country of just the offense... Weeden is the MVP of college football, but not the Heisman winner... I retract my Heisman for Weeden, because its not really most valuable, but a mix of most dynamic, dominating and big stats.. I think the Heisman should go to Trent Richardson, the more i think about it, all though Luck will probably get it...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Man, Danny Trevathan LB Kentucky had another INT today, his 3rd staright game with a INT.. The guys had to of made one of the biggest leaps prospect wise this yr, as hes gone from 7th Rd-UDF at the start of the season, to a few people having him in RD 2.. Hes forcing fumbles, making tackles, intercepting balls, getting a couple sacks, and pretty much everything in between.. Trevathan is a nice, somewhat undersized prospect who i really like...
    [/quote]I like him as well but his measurables will kill him. He will go closer to the 7th then the 2nd I believe.

I like Arkansas LB Jerry Franklin as well.He doesnt get a lot of pub but he is a bruiser . More of a 3-4 guy but he is underrated

[/quote] No way Trevathan goes in rd 5-7.. I will bet my house that he goes the latest, early rd 4... Jonas Mouton wasen't as good a prospect as Trevathan, and he only went in at 6ft 2inch 240lbs, and trevathan is listed at 6ft 1inch 232lbs, and very well could be closer to 240then that listing says.. In new nfl, which is so pass orientated and rules benefit offenses, guys like trevathan are more valuable, and i think you'll see guys like him go sooner then they used to based on the way NFL offenses play now and the new rules.. gotta have LB's that can cover and make plays in the pass game, and Trevathan dosen't mind sticking his nose into the run either...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Man, Danny Trevathan LB Kentucky had another INT today, his 3rd staright game with a INT.. The guys had to of made one of the biggest leaps prospect wise this yr, as hes gone from 7th Rd-UDF at the start of the season, to a few people having him in RD 2.. Hes forcing fumbles, making tackles, intercepting balls, getting a couple sacks, and pretty much everything in between.. Trevathan is a nice, somewhat undersized prospect who i really like...
    [/quote]I like him as well but his measurables will kill him. He will go closer to the 7th then the 2nd I believe.

I like Arkansas LB Jerry Franklin as well.He doesnt get a lot of pub but he is a bruiser . More of a 3-4 guy but he is underrated

[/quote] Also, add in Pat Angerer as well, as undersized playmaker who went in RD 2, becuase hes simply to good, despite his measurables... Back to back seasons, you've had Angerer and Mouton go in RD 2, i think Trevathan could be the next guy, and i believe Jaquain Williams play is also showing that measurables aren't always the best thing to pay attention to,and the on field play is just as big.. I mean, u see Safetys playing huge in run support, let alone 232-240lb Lb's...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Thinking about the Heisman Trophy, i don't know how Brandon Weeden dosen't get more love.. Oklahoma St is ranked 3rd n the country, and the guys had a fabulous season, going 36-46 5td against K-state today, and hes got like 27td 9int on the season with a super high comp pct... In my opinion, Brandon Weeden should be the Heisman...
    [/quote]His age man he is to old.

Cant wait for LSU Arkansas.The best receiving corp vs the best secondary.Arkansas could really muck things up if they can upset LSU

[/quote]If hes not to old to play college football, then hes not to old to WIN the heisman... If he was to old, they woulden't let him even play college football, hes just as eligible as the next guy.. If the Heisman was more like MLB's mvp award, i think Weeden wins hands down, because of what he means to his team, with basically no defense and totally just running to the number 3overall in the country of just the offense... Weeden is the MVP of college football, but not the Heisman winner... I retract my Heisman for Weeden, because its not really most valuable, but a mix of most dynamic, dominating and big stats.. I think the Heisman should go to Trent Richardson, the more i think about it, all though Luck will probably get it...
    [/quote]Yeah I dont see voters giving it to a 28 year old. On top of that Luck,Moore and Richardson are moredeserving. Everyone puts up numbers in that system

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]We could get the same situation they had with Texas ,Texas Tech and Oklahoma in the SEC West. Tyler Wilson has been playing very well since the Bama game.That receiving corp is very dangerous they can match LSU on the perimeter.[/quote] I can't wait for that LSU/ ARK game either!

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]U know whos been playing well the last 4-5wk's or so? Micheal Egnew TE mizzo.. After a slow start, hes finally picking it back up, and that is mainly because Franklin is becoming better and better as a QB.. Egnew had a 100yrd game a few weeks ago, and had 12receptions for 69yrds today against baylor.. That would be a solid Video for Egnew redeye..
    [/quote]
    he is 1 of those split out pretend TEs. Dont get me wrong tho, he is a great reciever. He just never lines up tight to the line. He would only fit certain systems because of that. I watch him play and its easy to forget his size. He plays so much like a WR.
    [/quote]They should just call him a WR he doesnt block ever. I keep thinking Chase Coffman with him

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]U know whos been playing well the last 4-5wk's or so? Micheal Egnew TE mizzo.. After a slow start, hes finally picking it back up, and that is mainly because Franklin is becoming better and better as a QB.. Egnew had a 100yrd game a few weeks ago, and had 12receptions for 69yrds today against baylor.. That would be a solid Video for Egnew redeye..
    [/quote]
    he is 1 of those split out pretend TEs. Dont get me wrong tho, he is a great reciever. He just never lines up tight to the line. He would only fit certain systems because of that. I watch him play and its easy to forget his size. He plays so much like a WR.
    [/quote]They should just call him a WR he doesnt block ever. I keep thinking Chase Coffman with him[/quote] Ya, when i spoke of Egnews success recently, i wasen't thinking of him for us, just speaking about his getting his stats going and stock up a bit, as it was down... There is no way we draft another undersized TE any time soon... Egnew will go somewhere, where a team all ready has a blocking TE, most likely...

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]U know whos been playing well the last 4-5wk's or so? Micheal Egnew TE mizzo.. After a slow start, hes finally picking it back up, and that is mainly because Franklin is becoming better and better as a QB.. Egnew had a 100yrd game a few weeks ago, and had 12receptions for 69yrds today against baylor.. That would be a solid Video for Egnew redeye..
    [/quote]
    [/quote]They should just call him a WR he doesnt block ever. I keep thinking Chase Coffman with him[/quote] what about Rob Housler?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]U know whos been playing well the last 4-5wk's or so? Micheal Egnew TE mizzo.. After a slow start, hes finally picking it back up, and that is mainly because Franklin is becoming better and better as a QB.. Egnew had a 100yrd game a few weeks ago, and had 12receptions for 69yrds today against baylor.. That would be a solid Video for Egnew redeye..
    [/quote]
    [/quote]They should just call him a WR he doesnt block ever. I keep thinking Chase Coffman with him[/quote] Ya, when i spoke of Egnews success recently, i wasen't thinking of him for us, just speaking about his getting his stats going and stock up a bit, as it was down... There is no way we draft another undersized TE any time soon... Egnew will go somewhere, where a team all ready has a blocking TE, most likely...
    [/quote]Your not the only 1. Ive seen Draftnik praise being thrown on him the last couple weeks on Twitter

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]U know whos been playing well the last 4-5wk's or so? Micheal Egnew TE mizzo.. After a slow start, hes finally picking it back up, and that is mainly because Franklin is becoming better and better as a QB.. Egnew had a 100yrd game a few weeks ago, and had 12receptions for 69yrds today against baylor.. That would be a solid Video for Egnew redeye..
    [/quote]
    [/quote]They should just call him a WR he doesnt block ever. I keep thinking Chase Coffman with him[/quote] what about Rob Housler?
    [/quote]I saw Housler block more but yeah U have a point. There arent many true Tight Ends left in CFB. Dwayne Allen and Tyler Eifert are the best 2 prospects I think. Coby Fleener blocks a little. He is like there 3rd option as a blocker at TE